Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 07:30:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK]CBCM SHA-256 Mine IPO (cancelled)  (Read 10114 times)
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:59:00 PM

i gave no opinion, simply subscribing to the thread with my intent. go away, arsewipe.
ADD: I note by your signature that you are a gambling addict - each to their own.

I note by your signature you pimp Spondoolies Smiley
RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 04:00:28 PM

The fact is booth spoolies and CBCM are side stepping what the actual agreement is.

Is it just to hold the 35 units for them? Or is their some secretive back door deal going on?

raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:02:33 PM

the way I see it, small cloud outfits are the future and most beneficial to the miner - spreading the hashrate between many is far better than the building the likes of 3 datorhalls and mining for yourself. I'm happy to invest in this because it's not centralising anything, it's spreading the wealth. If you don't get that fact, you remain; a clueless troll.  Undecided some people will never change.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
NotLambchop

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:09:33 PM

the way I see it, small cloud outfits are the future and most beneficial to the miner - spreading the hashrate between many is far better than the building the likes of 3 datorhalls and mining for yourself. I'm happy to invest in this because it's not centralising anything, it's spreading the wealth. If you don't get that fact, you remain; a clueless troll.  Undecided some people will never change.

Investing in PMBs is investing in centralized mining--small mining companies, if successful, grow to become large mining companies.  If you are against centralized mining, don't invest in aspiring mining concerns--buy a miner and mine.
Or, at least, troll elsewhere.
raskul

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:11:07 PM

Investing in PMBs is investing in centralized mining--small mining companies, if successful, grow to become large mining companies.  If you are against centralized mining, don't invest in aspiring mining concerns--buy a miner and mine.

you clearly have no idea where bitcoin mining is going. are you going to run a 100TH/s rig in your spare room by the time difficulty gets to 100billion?
reality check.

Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 04:12:36 PM

The fact is booth spoolies and CBCM are side stepping what the actual agreement is.

Is it just to hold the 35 units for them? Or is their some secretive back door deal going on?

Legit question by a legit user. Our only agreement with CBCM (Taras) is to hold 35 units for placement and hosting by us if the first round will be a success.
I wish I had more SP10s to cover more rounds. All were sold out.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
raskul

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:13:18 PM

...anyway, i'm not here to debate the rights and wrongs of the OP, i'm simply putting a small amount of btc into this to see where it goes.
the choice is your own, if you do not want to invest in it, fair enough, just don't clutter up the thread for interested parties.

cbcm.co (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 04:21:28 PM

@ Taras -- Given your background (supposed or otherwise), I would have thought dealing with these sorts of questions and comments would have been second nature at this point.  Cheesy
Since you have a background in finance, let's change up my question a bit. What's the financial incentive for me to invest in your organization, as opposed to any number of other listings / mines?

It is not about my background, it is about things everybody can calculate (sorry if I offended anyone)

According to our planned adding of hashpower per unit, if you invest 0.042 during IPO you can earn around 50% by Christmas (thats include dividends + shares estimated fair value price)

So, acoording to mentioned above, if you invest now 1BTC - you can get 1.5 BTC in half a year.

Am I convincing?

Follow our IPO,
Taras
NotLambchop

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:22:16 PM

Investing in PMBs is investing in centralized mining--small mining companies, if successful, grow to become large mining companies.  If you are against centralized mining, don't invest in aspiring mining concerns--buy a miner and mine.

you clearly have no idea where bitcoin mining is going. are you going to run a 100TH/s rig in your spare room by the time difficulty gets to 100billion?
reality check.

I do have an idea where bitcoin mining is going, and perhaps it has already arrived.  It is highly centralized, and becoming more so.
Thanks for making this possible by funding ASIC manufacturers and investing in centralized mines.
Of course, history has shown that you'll lose money in the process of doing both, but to me that's a small solace Undecided
RiverBoatBTC

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 04:24:05 PM

Legit question by a legit user. Our only agreement with CBCM (Taras) is to hold 35 units for placement and hosting by us if the first round will be a success.

Thanks for clarification spondoolies

"We are a group of cryptomined enthusiasts who managed to start couple privately held mining projects located in different countries (personally I live in Czech Rep). All info about company's management will appear at our website soon.
For the moment we are in business relations with Spondoolies-Tech (I am not authorized to disclose details of the agreement)."

Tell me that is not misleading? All they had to say was we have units reserved and ready to be delivered.

Why did I just get a email from a cowboyminer claiming he was hosting the units with pictures?

Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 04:30:07 PM

"We are a group of cryptomined enthusiasts who managed to start couple privately held mining projects located in different countries (personally I live in Czech Rep). All info about company's management will appear at our website soon.
For the moment we are in business relations with Spondoolies-Tech (I am not authorized to disclose details of the agreement)."

Tell me that is not misleading? All they had to say was we have units reserved and ready to be delivered.

Why did I just get a email from a cowboyminer claiming he was hosting the units with pictures?

I'm not sure what I need to explain here, but I'll try.
First round of CBMC IPO, assuming it will be successful, will be covered by SP10s hosted by us. That was our only agreement with CBCM.
In subsequent rounds, assuming they'll will be successful as well, will be covered by cowboyminer mining organization. They have more than enough hash-power, not based on SP10s
Initially, when CBCM (Taras) approached us, we planned to cover all rounds with SP10s. They were sold too fast.
If we'll have SP30 or SP50 in stock sometime in the future, we might sell additional units to CBCM.

We're in business relations with cowboyminer and sold them SP30s for delivery in August. We might sell them more. We might sell them SP50 for delivery in 2015.

Do you need more clarifications ?

Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
RiverBoatBTC

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 04:38:55 PM

Nope, but the fact we are having to get this information from you, the mining supplier does not sit well.
How hard would it have been for the OP to do some of this shit himself instead of forcing people to dig.
While I do not think you have anything to do with CBCM, I still do feel something is a miss with them, and the whole operation.
Its hard to get no clouded side stepping answers from the OP which is a bad sign. He made it sound like you guys had some super great backdoor deal that would make this IPO better then the others.
Even if it turns out not to be a scam it is a ass backwards investment, why does anyone need CBCM to do this? Why not just buy the miners direct from you and have you host them?
The fact of the matter is he is getting paid for a group buy, for the future with out 0 investment of his own or continued effort.
Bitcoiners pay
Someone else hosts
CBCM does.. exactly what? But they are getting paid.

NotLambchop

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:40:45 PM

First round of CBMC IPO, assuming it will be successful, will be covered by SP10s hosted by us. That was our only agreement with CBCM.

Not the guy you're responding to, but could you explain why you needed "hefty collateral" in a deal where you don't seem to be risking anything?
What is this "hefty collateral"?

We've due diligence all the parties involved, and I'm 100% confident.
Moreover, hefty collateral has been taken.
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:44:18 PM

@ Taras -- Given your background (supposed or otherwise), I would have thought dealing with these sorts of questions and comments would have been second nature at this point.  Cheesy
Since you have a background in finance, let's change up my question a bit. What's the financial incentive for me to invest in your organization, as opposed to any number of other listings / mines?

It is not about my background, it is about things everybody can calculate (sorry if I offended anyone)

According to our planned adding of hashpower per unit, if you invest 0.042 during IPO you can earn around 50% by Christmas (thats include dividends + shares estimated fair value price)

So, acoording to mentioned above, if you invest now 1BTC - you can get 1.5 BTC in half a year.

That's the problem though. Not everyone can calculate what they may or may not be able to earn over a period of time by investing in this fund (or any others). I mean no disrespect, but it's part of the job of the representative to present as much information as possible for an investor to make an informed decision.

Even better if, on top of that, you're able to present your view on the investment. What I mean is, if you say "earn 50% by Christmas", the next question I'm going to ask is "How did you come to that figure?". It would be better if you had already laid out where you think the network difficulty will be between now and then, factoring reinvestment, energy / hosting, and management costs. The more information and thoughtfulness you can put behind your argument, the better your chance for success.

By the way, I know I've mentioned PETA several times so far, but I need to include the fact that I am not invested with them and I have nothing to do with their operation. PETA is your closest competition, so comparing CBCM / SHA to PETA is the best way to gauge overall value. Giving potential investors a reason to switch their investment from them to you should be paramount.

cbcm.co (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 04:47:30 PM

The IPO is legit. And all hash is ready and secure. so no mine needs to be setup from scratch. How can i know? Because i have all the hash standing for CBCM.

I'm not sure what I need to explain here, but I'll try.
In subsequent rounds, assuming they'll will be successful as well, will be covered by cowboyminer mining organization. They have more than enough hash-power, not based on SP10s
Initially, when CBCM (Taras) approached us, we planned to cover all rounds with SP10s. They were sold too fast.
If we'll have SP30 or SP50 in stock sometime in the future, we might sell additional units to CBCM.

We're in business relations with cowboyminer and sold them SP30s for delivery in August. We might sell them more. We might sell them SP50 for delivery in 2015.

Here're some pictures of miners that are ready to swith to our project ASAP, but after more than 2 rounds are placed.

http://s1.uploads.im/bSHuP.jpg
http://s1.uploads.im/YEoQj.jpg
http://s1.uploads.im/qSU40.jpg
http://s1.uploads.im/wt40E.jpg
http://s1.uploads.im/CLXxA.jpg
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 04:48:15 PM

Not the guy you're responding to, but could you explain why you needed "hefty collateral" in a deal where you don't seem to be risking anything?

Since our name is involved, we wanted to make sure both CBCM and cowboyminer will respect their obligations. They will.
Even without the collateral, their handling and conduct was professional.

Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 04:50:44 PM

Nope, but the fact we are having to get this information from you, the mining supplier does not sit well.
How hard would it have been for the OP to do some of this shit himself instead of forcing people to dig.
While I do not think you have anything to do with CBCM, I still do feel something is a miss with them, and the whole operation.
Its hard to get no clouded side stepping answers from the OP which is a bad sign. He made it sound like you guys had some super great backdoor deal that would make this IPO better then the others.
Even if it turns out not to be a scam it is a ass backwards investment, why does anyone need CBCM to do this? Why not just buy the miners direct from you and have you host them?
The fact of the matter is he is getting paid for a group buy, for the future with out 0 investment of his own or continued effort.
Bitcoiners pay
Someone else hosts
CBCM does.. exactly what? But they are getting paid.

CBCM certainly does a lot of work. You're underestimating their role.
Buy anyway, you're welcome to buy miners from us and do your own IPO.

RiverBoatBTC

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 04:52:30 PM

Dude, really 2 rounds from now is not going to happen. Give up this pipe dream and come back with a real plan and answers.

Pirate40 handling was professional as well I could list about 50 people who were professional and scamed people that don't mean squat.

Why are you speaking for them Spondoolies no offense but let the OP answer the questions.

"CBCM certainly does a lot of work" Clarify it.

NotLambchop

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:53:32 PM

Since our name is involved, we wanted to make sure both CBCM and cowboyminer will respect their obligations. They will.
Even without the collateral, their handling and conduct was professional.

You are effectively selling 10 miners.  If I ordered ten miners from you and paid for them in bitcoin, would you also request "hefty collateral" from me on top of that?

For the third time, what is this "hefty collateral"?
NotLambchop

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:55:02 PM

Buy anyway, you're welcome to buy miners from us and do your own IPO.

Isn't that basically what's happening here?  Only the order is reversed:  First IPO, and with the money made--buy your miners.  PROFIT!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: