Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:15:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE OIL AND GAS BUBBLE IS ABOUT TO POP!!!  (Read 11406 times)
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:16:37 PM

I have been in to Bitcoin and Altcoins for about 2 years now, and I know a bubble when I see one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMHkLyQrooo

peeveepee

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:33:11 PM

Human population is still increasing in a finite resource world.

Even if the growth remain stagnant, the declining supply and abundant of fiat currency will keep the price up.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:51:10 PM

Sure, that makes sense. But then we have to factor in other countries with tiny populations and massive oil wells that they have not been able to access before now.

Then we have to factor in things like alternative and reusable fuel sources. "Clean coal" is somehow becoming a thing. And Solar powered Bitcoin mining. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=189959.0

bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:21:00 PM

I have been in to Bitcoin and Altcoins for about 2 years now, and I know a bubble when I see one.

I don't think the oil bubble will burst just yet, instead we would see more wars to try to take the resources.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:24:35 PM

I don't think the oil bubble will burst just yet, instead we would see more wars to try to take the resources.

What happens when everyone realizes that there is just oil everywhere and no one needs more?

bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:26:32 PM

What happens when everyone realizes that there is just oil everywhere and no one needs more?

Right, it would burst.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:37:51 PM

Right, it would burst.

Everything is about to get cheap. Maybe not this year, but once everyone catches on.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:50:01 PM

Everyone please tweet "@SpeakerBoehner Why was an International Gas Pipeline suggested, without any form of drop in gas prices projected?"

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:01:47 PM

What's OP talking about?  I'm not familiar with any developments which would bring prices down..

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:40:47 PM

What's OP talking about?  I'm not familiar with any developments which would bring prices down..

Fracking + the Middle East/Russia etc.

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:45:11 PM

Even if the growth remain stagnant, the declining supply and abundant of fiat currency will keep the price up.

Ah but we get better at extracting more resources with less effort. The world market is dripping with crude. We just have a government induced bottleneck on the way to market.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:29:53 PM

Ah but we get better at extracting more resources with less effort. The world market is dripping with crude. We just have a government induced bottleneck on the way to market.

It's coming.

niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:25:15 AM

Tell this to those guys :

And let's imagine Indians having enough money to buy and drive a car like americans do....

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:51:53 AM

1. The human population is still increasing, with the exception of Europe / Japan.
2. The standard of living is increasing, thereby increasing the per capita consumption of oil and gas.
3. The value of USD is going down, there by increasing the Dollar prices for oil and gas.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:46:12 AM

Tell this to those guys :

And let's imagine Indians having enough money to buy and drive a car like americans do....

Do they not have fracking?

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:01:44 AM

1. The human population is still increasing, with the exception of Europe / Japan.
2. The standard of living is increasing, thereby increasing the per capita consumption of oil and gas.
3. The value of USD is going down, there by increasing the Dollar prices for oil and gas.

1. Oil production is increasing faster
2. Renewable resources are being pushed everywhere
3. The US is an oil and motor based economy and they are slipping on innovation in motor and energy. Once that changes so will the economy.

Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:07:47 AM

You are correct, however advances in technology can make "uses" of gas more efficient and "production" of old/gas (mining) more efficient.

I would not say we are in a bubble, but over the long term the prices of old and gas can go down (and likely will due to advances in technology).

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:09:51 AM

1. Oil production is increasing faster

The oil production is not increasing in proportion to the increase in demand.

2. Renewable resources are being pushed everywhere

As of now, all the renewables consist of a very tiny fraction of the overall power / fuel generation. The proportion might increase over time, but an increase from 1% to 2% doesn't mean anything.  Angry

3. The US is an oil and motor based economy and they are slipping on innovation in motor and energy. Once that changes so will the economy.

Technology has reached saturation point as far as motor / energy is concerned.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:27:40 AM

wait, what do you mean the declining supply of fiat currency? it's not declining.. it's doing the exact opposite right now.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:31:30 AM

wait, what do you mean the declining supply of fiat currency? it's not declining.. it's doing the exact opposite right now.

Supply of the US Dollar is increasing logarithmically for sure. I doubt that the situation is same with other currencies as well.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: