Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 10:20:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help. Need to buy 1 Coin  (Read 2805 times)
Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:01:19 PM

that is very shady. i've never heard of this practice -- encrypting files and forcing you to buy decryption. was it a virus? hacked directly? for sure, it's important to remember to keep back-ups of all your data!
I am very surprised you have never heard of this very well known extortion virus.  It has been in the news and it is one of those things that has, as a side effect, brought Bitcoin to the public's attention.

i suppose i am surprised as well. i am not so much on top of news, but i am constantly reading/learning about what is new with bitcoin, so it's odd that this never registered on my radar. so it is a virus -- any idea what programs/sites/etc it is associated with? is it quite widespread?
joshraban76

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:07:54 PM

I would suggest to seek exchanger who accept WU and pay for WU using your card.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 08:11:04 PM

I would suggest to seek exchanger who accept WU and pay for WU using your card.
You are behind the times and did not read the thread. 

He already got his BTC (through localbitcoins) and already paid the hackers and is currently decrypting his files.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:27:39 PM

if the employee's files were so important, why did he not backup his data? fatal mistake, and now it's going to cost him $400+.
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:30:16 PM

DO NOT PAY THE RANSOMWARE!  Even if you pay it's still on your computer.  And if this is a business computer.... I hope you don't keep confidential info on it.

I think you guys are missing the point.  The software encrypts copies of the victims files and then deletes (and thoroughly overwrites) the originals.  

if this is what happened to you Need1fkncoin I doubt they re-written the information 7 or 9 times .... so you can't access it anymore!

Anyway I saw you are already decrypting files so let us know how it went!

If it fails you can always get a program to recover deleted data!!! This programs work even after 1 format

Space for rent if its still trending
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: