Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:20:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What about a github/bitcoin tip kind of service?  (Read 437 times)
skottiejay (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 110

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 01:21:59 AM

It's just a rough idea, but for every positive contribution somebody makes to either some bitcoin related code, or some project that involves bitcoin that receive a small amount of bitcoin? That way people who actually work on bitcoin related code could earn a bit of BTC out of it, and I'm sure more people would flock to github if they were technically capable of working with programming and code.

I don't know how this idea would flesh out, but since there are twitter/reddit/etc tipping bots out why not expand a little bit, especially with so many people working on code related to bitcoin it would make sense no?

What else could I say?
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Initscri

Activity: 1554
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 02:00:59 AM

I've created some open-source projects for Bitcoin. It's great when tips come in and most developers keep themselves open to it.

However, the real benefit usually comes from the freelance jobs you get from potential employers seeing the work you do. Although, by all means any donations received always put a smile on OS developers faces.

If you are wanting to start a campaign of some sorts, I say go for it. Smiley How are you planning on coordinating this though?

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522
Merit: 1000

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:10:42 AM

I think it's a good idea. Kinda like a reward system.

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
skottiejay (OP)

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 04:40:26 PM

I've created some open-source projects for Bitcoin. It's great when tips come in and most developers keep themselves open to it.

However, the real benefit usually comes from the freelance jobs you get from potential employers seeing the work you do. Although, by all means any donations received always put a smile on OS developers faces.

If you are wanting to start a campaign of some sorts, I say go for it. Smiley How are you planning on coordinating this though?

I'm trying to put my thoughts together into this, I think it's a good idea especially to encourage more people to try and get into the bitcoin community by contributing something, anything to the lost sea of newbies just now discovering BTC. Even if it's a batchfile to get cgminer running, or a compiled binary with instructions, a small tip for anyone who can help out just that tiny little bit.

When it comes down to it, I think it would either have to go:
Contact github, or people sign up for github, and do pulls or make their own repos, with each pull, they receive say a small amount of bitcoin, if they do a major project they receive x amount, if they do a fork x amount. I don't know, I'm not very savy on github either, I've used it in the past for my own minor things but nothing serious.

What else could I say?
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:51:05 PM

To be honest, I found it cheap to earth.

Specially when SOME girls SELL theirs for some cents !!

This did not make any sense to the rest of the thread at all. Wut?
Initscri

Activity: 1554
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 09:05:16 PM

To be honest, I found it cheap to earth.

Specially when SOME girls SELL theirs for some cents !!

This did not make any sense to the rest of the thread at all. Wut?

What I wanted to say is, I found cheap to accept tips.

I found more cheaper, that girls sell themselves for some cents "cam shows and such"

Hope you've got it.

This isn't about cam shows, this is about open source developers.
Developers who put hours upon hours into developing programs and scripts that benefit the community.

I fail to see how this is cheap?

I'm trying to put my thoughts together into this, I think it's a good idea especially to encourage more people to try and get into the bitcoin community by contributing something, anything to the lost sea of newbies just now discovering BTC. Even if it's a batchfile to get cgminer running, or a compiled binary with instructions, a small tip for anyone who can help out just that tiny little bit.

When it comes down to it, I think it would either have to go:
Contact github, or people sign up for github, and do pulls or make their own repos, with each pull, they receive say a small amount of bitcoin, if they do a major project they receive x amount, if they do a fork x amount. I don't know, I'm not very savy on github either, I've used it in the past for my own minor things but nothing serious.

I may look into this and release something on opensource itself. I'll see if I have time, if not I'll provide a markup of what could be done in website form.

Web Developer. PM for details.
skottiejay (OP)

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 09:39:39 PM

They'd be great, it sounds like an idea I'm sure a lot of people could benefit from, even just contributing THEIR set up to the cause, getting more people involved in the idea of bitcoin.

I think it's a great idea honestly, I didn't think of it before but a lot of people have trouble compiling static builds or exe's of miners for windows, so why not have where people earn a small amount of btc for helping out the newbies or anyone for that matter who have problems compiling on different platforms? Especially with all of the new algo's out there, it took me a while to learn how to compile the code compatible for the slimcoin algo, for instance. If we could all help each other out, it would make the idea of earning bit/alt coin a lot less intimidating. I know a lot of of people look at the idea of bitcoin and what it takes to earn some and think "that'll never be me" (I think it a lot myself) but with this, even just the smallest idea of technical know how would be something of a start.

What else could I say?
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 09:49:04 PM

http://tip4commit.com/

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: