Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:42:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Max Keiser's website PirateMyFilm.com now accepts ONLY Bitcoins!  (Read 10945 times)
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 06:37:31 PM

Bear in mind that only the person raising funds through PMF needs a bit-pay account.  If you're just pledging support for a PMF project, you do not need a bit-pay.com account (unlike Paypal…although I suppose you might be able to pay with credit card through paypal without opening a paypal account).

Thx for the clarification.

I definitely would like to make progress in these directions with bit-pay, but at the moment we have so many other things we're working on (and that are much needed) that I doubt we'll do anything on this front very soon.

Completely understandable.  It does seem to me from some of your other posts that you are sensitive to the variety of privacy considerations that people might have in addition to the challenges facing both the producer and consumer ends of the user base.  I'll look forward to seeing how your offerings evolve going forward.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 09:21:19 PM

So I got an email letting me know you got a yellow light.

Congrats!

So I take it I now get an email letting me know how I pay ?

BitPay Business Solutions (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2012, 09:31:06 PM

So I got an email letting me know you got a yellow light.

Congrats!

So I take it I now get an email letting me know how I pay ?

Yes, Yellow Light means the payment window will open in 24 hours and it's a last chance to buy shares.  It has been yellow for a little while now so I expect the green light to happen within the next few hours.  The green light is the payment window.

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 09:46:25 PM

Ok cool but still no idea how to actualy pay but im sure it will all be clear soon enuf.
If its not clear well I'll just send you the coins because I cant face trying to find my way around that site.

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2012, 01:10:18 AM

The green light is on!  If you didn't get an email, login to PMF and you will see the payment instructions.

ahbritto

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

Ripple

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2012, 01:12:19 AM

The PirateMyFilm e-mailing program needs to be corrected.  It mentions PayPal instead of Bitcoin.

Payment sent!
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 01:15:23 AM

Payment sent!

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 04:37:42 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2012, 05:56:04 PM by Stephen Gornick

The green light is on!  If you didn't get an email, login to PMF and you will see the payment instructions.

It went green being oversubscribed by 45 shares (115% level reserved), thanks to the limit increase a few days ago where the max per-person changed from $25 to $50 (max 5 shares changed to max 10 shares).

This was my first transaction where the merchant was using Bit-Pay.  That worked quite slick.  After I sent payment and refreshed the Bit-Pay invoice page showed a "Bitcoins Paid" field that showed the amount I had just sent.

I got an e-mail from PirateMyFilm after the transaction confirmed (6 confirmations it seems) and when I viewed the project page when logged in it shows my payment status properly.  i.e., all good, I'm now a paid-up and fully registered shareholder for this project!
 - http://www.piratemyfilm.com/projects/304

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 05:18:16 AM

Kudos on a smooth and easy implementation for bitcoin payment. Impressive on a number of levels.
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 07:13:38 AM

The green light is on!  If you didn't get an email, login to PMF and you will see the payment instructions.

It went green being oversubscribed by 45 shares (115% level reserved), thanks to the limit increase a few days ago where the max per-person changed from $25 to $50 (max 5 shares changed to max 10 shares).

This was my first transaction where the merchant was using Bit-Pay.  That worked quite slick.  After I sent payment and refreshed the Bit-Pay invoice page has a "Bitcoins Paid" field that showed the amount I had just sent.
It even works if you send it in parts; it just immediately (after a few seconds) how much you still need to pay. It's very convenient!

Indemnified

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 07:19:24 AM

Payment sent

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2012, 03:03:38 PM

This was my first transaction where the merchant was using Bit-Pay.  That worked quite slick.  After I sent payment and refreshed the Bit-Pay invoice page has a "Bitcoins Paid" field that showed the amount I had just sent.
It even works if you send it in parts; it just immediately (after a few seconds) how much you still need to pay. It's very convenient!

Thanks guys.  Yes we can handle underpayments, partial payments, late payments, and overpayments.  Its all part of the service we offer to merchants to give them a hassle-free way to accept bitcoins.  They set the price in dollars ($5 per share in this case) and Bit-Pay does the rest, and sends the callback when the payment is complete.

Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2012, 05:08:12 PM

Payment sent as well.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2012, 05:19:19 PM

$500 has been collected, all in Bitcoins!

Max will be talking about this on the Keiser Report (Russia Today) in the near future.  if you have not paid yet, please do so by tomorrow when the payment window will close.

BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2012, 05:44:12 PM

This seem interesting but looks like I missed out on it as it's over subscribed.

What I don't understand is why the PMF site doesn't provide some kind of clear detailed explanation of what the project being funded involves. I would have thought at the top a section would say "here's what we want to make and here's what dividends will be paid (none)". I looked around the page for a while before figuring out that, oh, it seems like a 1 minute animation is what's being talked about here.

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2012, 02:25:39 PM

This is bringing in some good first-time users!  Many people were curious about bitcoins, but the opportunity to pay for this project has gotten them to actually buy and use bitcoins for the first time.

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 06:04:44 PM

This is bringing in some good first-time users!  Many people were curious about bitcoins, but the opportunity to pay for this project has gotten them to actually buy and use bitcoins for the first time.

It is also very likely that they did not have a credit card or PayPal account, had never heard of Bitcoin before and wished to participate. There are many people who do not have a credit card nor do they have a PayPal account and who would love to purchase things online. When thay get presented with Bitcoin as a payment option they will go out of their way to research and purchase Bitcoin because that is in effect their only option to participate in the online economy.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2012, 06:20:00 PM

It is also very likely that they did not have a credit card or PayPal account, had never heard of Bitcoin before and wished to participate. There are many people who do not have a credit card nor do they have a PayPal account and who would love to purchase things online. When thay get presented with Bitcoin as a payment option they will go out of their way to research and purchase Bitcoin because that is in effect their only option to participate in the online economy.

Yes, one guy bought Second Life linden on a credit card, then exchanged them for bitcoin, just so he could participate in paying with bitcoins for the first time.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 06:54:41 PM

Offers that are exclusive to those paying with bitcoin are useful to Bitcoin gaining traction.  It isn't that PMF is not accepting PayPal or other, it is that the project owner insisted on only accepting bitcoins for payment.

Was this restriction something any PirateMyFilm project can specify, or was it a customization for this project?  And, will there be a way with PMF to indicate that Bitcoin is the only payment method (other than including text in the title to indicate this)?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2012, 07:08:35 PM

Offers that are exclusive to those paying with bitcoin are useful to Bitcoin gaining traction.  It isn't that PMF is not accepting PayPal or other, it is that the project owner insisted on only accepting bitcoins for payment.

Was this restriction something any PirateMyFilm project can specify, or was it a customization for this project?  And, will there be a way with PMF to indicate that Bitcoin is the only payment method (other than including text in the title to indicate this)?

Right now its only 1 payment method per PMF project, so its up to the owner of each project to specify the payment method.  And yes I think they will make it clearer up-front which method is used on each project.  This is the first one so we have proved that it works properly, and now it can expand into the rest of their site/projects as needed.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: