Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:56:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCPak - Exchange your Bitcoins for MP [$100, $250, $500 and $1000 MPs]  (Read 22638 times)
DBordello (OP)

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

BTCPak.com - Exchange your Bitcoins for MP!

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 10:35:46 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2012, 02:08:38 PM by DBordello

BTCPak - Exchange your Bitcoins for MP: secure, anonymous and easy!

Introducing https://www.btcpak.com

Now offering $1,000 MP!

I am proud to announce BTCPak.  BTCPak is a new service that will allow you to purchase MPs with Bitcoins.  Buying MPs has never been easier.  

• Select the value of the MP
  • Provide a refund address
  • Send bitcoins to deposit address provided
  • After 6 confirmation, receive your MP Code!

If you sent your Bitcoins from the Mt. Gox green address, your MP code is released immediately!  Otherwise the MP code is available after 6 network confirmations.  

The service is completely anonymous.  The only information required is a refund address! (Which likely will never be utilized).

We are currently offering three denominations: $1,000 MP, $500 MP, $250 MP and $100 MP.

I have been involved in numerous BTC<->MP transactions over the last couple of months.  My #bitcoin-otc Web of Trust (WOT) rating is available here: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DBordello

I look forward to providing this service to community.  Please feel free to disdcuss your experiences with the service.  

Dan

www.BTCPak.com - Exchange your bitcoins for MP: Secure, Anonymous and Easy!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
newdude

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 10:58:24 PM

I love this! Innovation at its BEST. Will be using your service this week.
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 10:59:24 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:40:11 AM by DBordello

I love this! Innovation at its BEST. Will be using your service this week.

I am glad to hear that!  Please let me know how your experience is.

Dan

newdude

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 11:05:40 PM

I would recommend being able to change the amount of the MoneyPak.
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 12:26:22 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:40:16 AM by DBordello

I would recommend being able to change the amount of the MoneyPak.

Initially we are going to stick with the $100 MP.  In the future we plan to expand to other denominations.

Dan

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 01:26:38 AM

What is the advantage is using this over a btc -> paypal service?

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 05:53:41 AM

PayPal is just one place that accepts MoneyPak for deposit (Serve from American Express), to reload prepaid cards or for bill payment (e.g., Metro PCS).
 - https://www.moneypak.com/WhoAccepts.aspx

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

newdude

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 05:41:33 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2012, 11:52:19 PM by newdude

I would-NOT do anything concerning Paypal.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 11:22:51 PM

PayPal is just one place that accepts MoneyPak for deposit (Serve from American Express), to reload prepaid cards or for bill payment (e.g., Metro PCS).
 - https://www.moneypak.com/WhoAccepts.aspx

thanks.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
abaaj

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 05:25:03 AM

Vouch for OP , I have done numerous amount of exchanges.
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 09:40:13 AM

If you sent your Bitcoins from the Mt. Gox or Instawallet green address, your MoneyPak code is released immediately!  Otherwise the MoneyPak code is available after 6 network confirmations. 

I think you may need to extend the period of time, currently what like 2 minutes?, for a transaction to be sent to the network before the transaction is closed due to lack of deposits. It seems Strongcoin.com takes a while to get a payment sent out to the network. Perhaps increase it to an hour or something.

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 11:01:16 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:40:21 AM by DBordello

If you sent your Bitcoins from the Mt. Gox or Instawallet green address, your MoneyPak code is released immediately!  Otherwise the MoneyPak code is available after 6 network confirmations.  

I think you may need to extend the period of time, currently what like 2 minutes?, for a transaction to be sent to the network before the transaction is closed due to lack of deposits. It seems Strongcoin.com takes a while to get a payment sent out to the network. Perhaps increase it to an hour or something.

Thank you for the comment.  The timeout on the transaction has been extended.

It is odd that strongcoin is taking so long for a transaction to hit the bitcoin network.  Most other clients send the transaction immediately.  I will investigate the issue.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 03:12:10 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:40:28 AM by DBordello

If you sent your Bitcoins from the Mt. Gox or Instawallet green address, your MP code is released immediately!  Otherwise the MP code is available after 6 network confirmations.  

Just to clarify, although the transaction was closed (and therefore a MP code was not released), the deposit was refunded.  

However, this bug did work slightly in your favor.  Since bitcoins are worth more now, you can purchase the same MP for slightly less.

Sorry for the hassle,  

Dan

sunnankar
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 04:17:05 PM

Just to clarify, although the transaction was closed (and therefore a MoneyPak code was not released), the deposit was refunded. 

However, this bug did work slightly in your favor.  Since bitcoins are worth more now, you can purchase the same MoneyPak for slightly less.

What is odd is the transaction does not show up in the blockchain. It does show up in Strongcoin.com's transaction history but the link to the transaction shows an error and that no transaction exists. I think Strongcoin is having issues. Anyone else having problems with Strongcoin?

The MoneyPaks are Sold Out. Need moar MoneyPaks!

Would be really cool if you added the ability for there to be multiple suppliers who can be rated or at least have the transactions closed with a satisfactory remark from buyers. Then this informal hawala network could scale better. You could take a small fee as the trust agent.

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 05:45:21 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:40:33 AM by DBordello

Just to clarify, although the transaction was closed (and therefore a MP code was not released), the deposit was refunded.  

However, this bug did work slightly in your favor.  Since bitcoins are worth more now, you can purchase the same MP for slightly less.

What is odd is the transaction does not show up in the blockchain. It does show up in Strongcoin.com's transaction history but the link to the transaction shows an error and that no transaction exists. I think Strongcoin is having issues. Anyone else having problems with Strongcoin?

The MPs are Sold Out. Need moar MPs!

Would be really cool if you added the ability for there to be multiple suppliers who can be rated or at least have the transactions closed with a satisfactory remark from buyers. Then this informal hawala network could scale better. You could take a small fee as the trust agent.

I am not exactly sure what is going on with strongcoin.  Hopefully they sort it out soon.

The multiple suppliers idea makes me nervous.  Since I am 100% in possession of the MPs, I know that they are valid.  If a buyer claims that a MP is invalid, it is difficult to prove who is at fault, the seller or the buyer.  So for now I think we are going to stick with a single seller model.  

I apologize for the sold out page.  That was a little bug that popped up (erring on the side of saftey).  Don't worry, we are fully loaded and waiting for your bitcoins.  

sunnankar
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 10:49:25 PM

The multiple suppliers idea makes me nervous.  Since I am 100% in possession of the MoneyPaks, I know that they are valid.  If a buyer claims that a MoneyPak is invalid, it is difficult to prove who is at fault, the seller or the buyer.  So for now I think we are going to stick with a single seller model. 

Something to keep in mind. I have a friend who owns a few mobile home parks. His tenants currently deposit cash into his bank account to pay their rent. There is a good chance he would prefer Bitinstant for a few tenants every month so long as he can convert back out to cash easily with MoneyPaks and Amex cards.

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 08:28:16 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:40:40 AM by DBordello

The multiple suppliers idea makes me nervous.  Since I am 100% in possession of the MP, I know that they are valid.  If a buyer claims that a MP is invalid, it is difficult to prove who is at fault, the seller or the buyer.  So for now I think we are going to stick with a single seller model.  

Something to keep in mind. I have a friend who owns a few mobile home parks. His tenants currently deposit cash into his bank account to pay their rent. There is a good chance he would prefer Bitinstant for a few tenants every month so long as he can convert back out to cash easily with MP and Amex cards.

That sounds very interesting.  Let me know how I can be assistance to him.

Dan

sunnankar
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 01:40:03 AM

I am not exactly sure what is going on with strongcoin.  Hopefully they sort it out soon.

Strongcoin finally got a few of their issues sorted out so I was able to make transfers. Got one of the Moneypak's and the transaction went flawlessly as I reloaded the Amex page after using the Moneypak and the balance was shown on my card.

It did take about one hour for the 6 confirmations to go through. Was stuck at 4 confirmations for like 20 minutes. So if someone gets the Moneypak then make sure you keep that transaction ID safe and probably just pick it up after doing some errands, etc.

This is a great loop, although some friction at about 6% both ways, between BitInstant, BTCPak and Amex prepaid debit/ATM cards.

Great service!

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 02:22:04 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:40:45 AM by DBordello

I am not exactly sure what is going on with strongcoin.  Hopefully they sort it out soon.

Strongcoin finally got a few of their issues sorted out so I was able to make transfers. Got one of the Moneypak's and the transaction went flawlessly as I reloaded the Amex page after using the Moneypak and the balance was shown on my card.

It did take about one hour for the 6 confirmations to go through. Was stuck at 4 confirmations for like 20 minutes. So if someone gets the Moneypak then make sure you keep that transaction ID safe and probably just pick it up after doing some errands, etc.

This is a great loop, although some friction at about 6% both ways, between BitInstant, BTCPak and Amex prepaid debit/ATM cards.

Great service!

I am glad that strongcoin was able to sort everything out and that you were able to utilize our service.

Unfortunately, confirmations are one of the weaknesses of the bitcoin network that we have to deal with.  Generally, if the funds are sent from the standard bitcoin client, a fee is provided and the transaction is picked up in the next block.  However, the trouble comes when people send from online wallets such as Mt. Gox or Instawallet.  These services don't always include fees and the transaction hangs out in limbo for a while.  We try to get around that by recognizing the green address of these services.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2012, 05:07:40 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:40:49 AM by DBordello

I am proud to report that BTCPak has sold over $2000 worth of MP codes.  So far all of the transactions have been smooth and we have gotten positive feedback from our users.

Thank you everybody!

Dan

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: