Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:43:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCPak - Exchange your Bitcoins for MP [$100, $250, $500 and $1000 MPs]  (Read 22638 times)
DBordello (OP)

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

BTCPak.com - Exchange your Bitcoins for MP!

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 10:35:46 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2012, 02:08:38 PM by DBordello

BTCPak - Exchange your Bitcoins for MP: secure, anonymous and easy!

Introducing https://www.btcpak.com

Now offering $1,000 MP!

I am proud to announce BTCPak.  BTCPak is a new service that will allow you to purchase MPs with Bitcoins.  Buying MPs has never been easier.  

• Select the value of the MP
  • Provide a refund address
  • Send bitcoins to deposit address provided
  • After 6 confirmation, receive your MP Code!

If you sent your Bitcoins from the Mt. Gox green address, your MP code is released immediately!  Otherwise the MP code is available after 6 network confirmations.  

The service is completely anonymous.  The only information required is a refund address! (Which likely will never be utilized).

We are currently offering three denominations: $1,000 MP, $500 MP, $250 MP and $100 MP.

I have been involved in numerous BTC<->MP transactions over the last couple of months.  My #bitcoin-otc Web of Trust (WOT) rating is available here: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DBordello

I look forward to providing this service to community.  Please feel free to disdcuss your experiences with the service.  

Dan

www.BTCPak.com - Exchange your bitcoins for MP: Secure, Anonymous and Easy!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
newdude

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 10:58:24 PM

I love this! Innovation at its BEST. Will be using your service this week.
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 10:59:24 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:40:11 AM by DBordello

I love this! Innovation at its BEST. Will be using your service this week.

I am glad to hear that!  Please let me know how your experience is.

Dan

newdude

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 11:05:40 PM

I would recommend being able to change the amount of the MoneyPak.
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 12:26:22 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:40:16 AM by DBordello

I would recommend being able to change the amount of the MoneyPak.

Initially we are going to stick with the $100 MP.  In the future we plan to expand to other denominations.

Dan

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 01:26:38 AM

What is the advantage is using this over a btc -> paypal service?

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 05:53:41 AM

PayPal is just one place that accepts MoneyPak for deposit (Serve from American Express), to reload prepaid cards or for bill payment (e.g., Metro PCS).
 - https://www.moneypak.com/WhoAccepts.aspx

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

newdude

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 05:41:33 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2012, 11:52:19 PM by newdude

I would-NOT do anything concerning Paypal.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 11:22:51 PM

PayPal is just one place that accepts MoneyPak for deposit (Serve from American Express), to reload prepaid cards or for bill payment (e.g., Metro PCS).
 - https://www.moneypak.com/WhoAccepts.aspx

thanks.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
abaaj

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 05:25:03 AM

Vouch for OP , I have done numerous amount of exchanges.
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 09:40:13 AM

If you sent your Bitcoins from the Mt. Gox or Instawallet green address, your MoneyPak code is released immediately!  Otherwise the MoneyPak code is available after 6 network confirmations. 

I think you may need to extend the period of time, currently what like 2 minutes?, for a transaction to be sent to the network before the transaction is closed due to lack of deposits. It seems Strongcoin.com takes a while to get a payment sent out to the network. Perhaps increase it to an hour or something.

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 11:01:16 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:40:21 AM by DBordello

If you sent your Bitcoins from the Mt. Gox or Instawallet green address, your MoneyPak code is released immediately!  Otherwise the MoneyPak code is available after 6 network confirmations.  

I think you may need to extend the period of time, currently what like 2 minutes?, for a transaction to be sent to the network before the transaction is closed due to lack of deposits. It seems Strongcoin.com takes a while to get a payment sent out to the network. Perhaps increase it to an hour or something.

Thank you for the comment.  The timeout on the transaction has been extended.

It is odd that strongcoin is taking so long for a transaction to hit the bitcoin network.  Most other clients send the transaction immediately.  I will investigate the issue.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 03:12:10 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:40:28 AM by DBordello

If you sent your Bitcoins from the Mt. Gox or Instawallet green address, your MP code is released immediately!  Otherwise the MP code is available after 6 network confirmations.  

Just to clarify, although the transaction was closed (and therefore a MP code was not released), the deposit was refunded.  

However, this bug did work slightly in your favor.  Since bitcoins are worth more now, you can purchase the same MP for slightly less.

Sorry for the hassle,  

Dan

sunnankar
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 04:17:05 PM

Just to clarify, although the transaction was closed (and therefore a MoneyPak code was not released), the deposit was refunded. 

However, this bug did work slightly in your favor.  Since bitcoins are worth more now, you can purchase the same MoneyPak for slightly less.

What is odd is the transaction does not show up in the blockchain. It does show up in Strongcoin.com's transaction history but the link to the transaction shows an error and that no transaction exists. I think Strongcoin is having issues. Anyone else having problems with Strongcoin?

The MoneyPaks are Sold Out. Need moar MoneyPaks!

Would be really cool if you added the ability for there to be multiple suppliers who can be rated or at least have the transactions closed with a satisfactory remark from buyers. Then this informal hawala network could scale better. You could take a small fee as the trust agent.

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 05:45:21 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:40:33 AM by DBordello

Just to clarify, although the transaction was closed (and therefore a MP code was not released), the deposit was refunded.  

However, this bug did work slightly in your favor.  Since bitcoins are worth more now, you can purchase the same MP for slightly less.

What is odd is the transaction does not show up in the blockchain. It does show up in Strongcoin.com's transaction history but the link to the transaction shows an error and that no transaction exists. I think Strongcoin is having issues. Anyone else having problems with Strongcoin?

The MPs are Sold Out. Need moar MPs!

Would be really cool if you added the ability for there to be multiple suppliers who can be rated or at least have the transactions closed with a satisfactory remark from buyers. Then this informal hawala network could scale better. You could take a small fee as the trust agent.

I am not exactly sure what is going on with strongcoin.  Hopefully they sort it out soon.

The multiple suppliers idea makes me nervous.  Since I am 100% in possession of the MPs, I know that they are valid.  If a buyer claims that a MP is invalid, it is difficult to prove who is at fault, the seller or the buyer.  So for now I think we are going to stick with a single seller model.  

I apologize for the sold out page.  That was a little bug that popped up (erring on the side of saftey).  Don't worry, we are fully loaded and waiting for your bitcoins.  

sunnankar
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 10:49:25 PM

The multiple suppliers idea makes me nervous.  Since I am 100% in possession of the MoneyPaks, I know that they are valid.  If a buyer claims that a MoneyPak is invalid, it is difficult to prove who is at fault, the seller or the buyer.  So for now I think we are going to stick with a single seller model. 

Something to keep in mind. I have a friend who owns a few mobile home parks. His tenants currently deposit cash into his bank account to pay their rent. There is a good chance he would prefer Bitinstant for a few tenants every month so long as he can convert back out to cash easily with MoneyPaks and Amex cards.

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 08:28:16 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:40:40 AM by DBordello

The multiple suppliers idea makes me nervous.  Since I am 100% in possession of the MP, I know that they are valid.  If a buyer claims that a MP is invalid, it is difficult to prove who is at fault, the seller or the buyer.  So for now I think we are going to stick with a single seller model.  

Something to keep in mind. I have a friend who owns a few mobile home parks. His tenants currently deposit cash into his bank account to pay their rent. There is a good chance he would prefer Bitinstant for a few tenants every month so long as he can convert back out to cash easily with MP and Amex cards.

That sounds very interesting.  Let me know how I can be assistance to him.

Dan

sunnankar
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 01:40:03 AM

I am not exactly sure what is going on with strongcoin.  Hopefully they sort it out soon.

Strongcoin finally got a few of their issues sorted out so I was able to make transfers. Got one of the Moneypak's and the transaction went flawlessly as I reloaded the Amex page after using the Moneypak and the balance was shown on my card.

It did take about one hour for the 6 confirmations to go through. Was stuck at 4 confirmations for like 20 minutes. So if someone gets the Moneypak then make sure you keep that transaction ID safe and probably just pick it up after doing some errands, etc.

This is a great loop, although some friction at about 6% both ways, between BitInstant, BTCPak and Amex prepaid debit/ATM cards.

Great service!

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 02:22:04 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:40:45 AM by DBordello

I am not exactly sure what is going on with strongcoin.  Hopefully they sort it out soon.

Strongcoin finally got a few of their issues sorted out so I was able to make transfers. Got one of the Moneypak's and the transaction went flawlessly as I reloaded the Amex page after using the Moneypak and the balance was shown on my card.

It did take about one hour for the 6 confirmations to go through. Was stuck at 4 confirmations for like 20 minutes. So if someone gets the Moneypak then make sure you keep that transaction ID safe and probably just pick it up after doing some errands, etc.

This is a great loop, although some friction at about 6% both ways, between BitInstant, BTCPak and Amex prepaid debit/ATM cards.

Great service!

I am glad that strongcoin was able to sort everything out and that you were able to utilize our service.

Unfortunately, confirmations are one of the weaknesses of the bitcoin network that we have to deal with.  Generally, if the funds are sent from the standard bitcoin client, a fee is provided and the transaction is picked up in the next block.  However, the trouble comes when people send from online wallets such as Mt. Gox or Instawallet.  These services don't always include fees and the transaction hangs out in limbo for a while.  We try to get around that by recognizing the green address of these services.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2012, 05:07:40 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:40:49 AM by DBordello

I am proud to report that BTCPak has sold over $2000 worth of MP codes.  So far all of the transactions have been smooth and we have gotten positive feedback from our users.

Thank you everybody!

Dan

tiptopgemdotcom
Legendary

Activity: 1736

Truly decentralized stable asset

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 08:49:42 PM

I just bought a moneypak from the site and it is smooth.  Very nice interface.  Got my code as soon as the sixth confirmation hit.  This is so much nicer than the long delays for an exchange to cash me out.  The fee is worth the peace of mind.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
finway

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 03:37:16 AM

Great service!

tiptopgemdotcom
Legendary

Activity: 1736

Truly decentralized stable asset

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 11:43:02 AM

I bought two more $100 paks.  There was a tiny glitch with one but when I e-mailed DBordello he sorted me out very quickly.  His service is top-notch.  IMHO, this is just what bitcoin needs right now.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
mndrix
Michael Hendricks
VIP

Activity: 447
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 03:47:57 PM

Great idea for a service.  In the FAQ, you refer to your OTC rating. You might want to sign that statement with your OTC key so customers can verify you really are DBordello.
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2012, 04:10:43 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:41:26 AM by DBordello

Great idea for a service.  In the FAQ, you refer to your OTC rating. You might want to sign that statement with your OTC key so customers can verify you really are DBordello.

That is a good idea.  I will be sure to have that added.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2012, 04:54:50 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:41:31 AM by DBordello

We have sold just over $5000 worth of MPs.  

Thank you everybody!

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 06:15:13 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:41:38 AM by DBordello

We have recently expanded our offering of MP denominations.  We are now offering the following denominations:

• $100
  • $250

As expected, the $250 MP is offered at a lower rate than the $100 MP.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 10:36:04 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:41:42 AM by DBordello

By popular demand we have expanded our offerings once more.  We are now offering the following denominations:

• $500
  • $250
  • $100

The $500 MP offers the greatest rate.

Dan

dirtycat

Activity: 456

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 09:09:26 AM

tried it out worked great.. fees made me vomit.. other than that super service!

poop!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 09:13:20 AM

Hey, the man's doing a service here  Wink
dirtycat

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 09:47:52 PM

Hey, the man's doing a service here  Wink

didnt say it sucked.. it was great! probably the best out there.. but due to the fees.. probably wont be using it again anytime soon.

poop!
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2012, 05:12:54 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:41:45 AM by DBordello

dirtycat,

I am glad that you enjoyed our service and that everything worked out.

Dan

shykull

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 09:38:37 AM

One question.

Would I be able to use MoneyPak if I am not a US citizen?
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2012, 06:04:41 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:41:49 AM by DBordello

One question.

Would I be able to use MoneyPak if I am not a US citizen?

I am not exactly sure about this.  I know that PayPal is international, but I do not think you can add MPs to non United States accounts.

This likely requires more research before you invest in a MP.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2012, 08:25:38 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:41:52 AM by DBordello

I would like to thank everybody for their business.  In the last 6 weeks, we have sold over $25k of MPs.  

Thanks!

Dan

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 08:12:17 AM

In the last 6 weeks, we have sold over $25k of MoneyPaks. 

You must know every cashier at that Walmart by now.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2012, 03:41:45 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:41:55 AM by DBordello

In the last 6 weeks, we have sold over $25k of MPs.  

I actually am able to do a pretty good job of spreading out my purchases.  It is amazing how many places sell MP when you start looking for them.

Dan

dirtycat

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 07:20:45 PM

In the last 6 weeks, we have sold over $25k of MoneyPaks. 

I actually am able to do a pretty good job of spreading out my purchases.  It is amazing how many places sell MoneyPak when you start looking for them.

Dan

so true I found them in some of the oddest places for sale.

poop!
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2012, 04:17:55 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:42:00 AM by DBordello

We have now sold over 150 MPs!  Thank you everybody for your business.  

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2012, 12:09:44 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:42:04 AM by DBordello

We have now been open for two months.  Things are going great.  

Are there any feature requests that people would like to see implemented?  I would like to close the gap between our numerous users, and the lack of discussion about the service.

Dan

Kris
Donator

Activity: 640

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 07:48:04 AM

Love seeing new "services" Not that I know what MoneyPaks is, but I bet it's useful Smiley
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2012, 02:40:32 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:42:48 AM by DBordello

Love seeing new "services" Not that I know what MoneyPaks is, but I bet it's useful Smiley

I hope that you learned a bit about MPs Grin

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 01:09:25 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:42:51 AM by DBordello

General bump.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 07:59:55 PM

I see a lot of people who have already converted to USDs but those funds are sitting at exchanges with the account owner frustrated at trying to find ways to get those funds out in a timely manner.

Would you consider exchanging USD redeemable codes (from Mt. Gox, for example) for MoneyPaks?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 11:17:02 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:42:55 AM by DBordello

I see a lot of people who have already converted to USDs but those funds are sitting at exchanges with the account owner frustrated at trying to find ways to get those funds out in a timely manner.

Would you consider exchanging USD redeemable codes (from Mt. Gox, for example) for MoneyPaks?

We are working on a solution that should feel your needs.  Hopefully we have that up and running within the next couple of weeks.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 03:41:36 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:42:58 AM by DBordello

We have successfully sold over $50,000 of MPs.  We have yet to receive negative feedback about the service.

Thanks for your support!

Dan

sunnankar
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 02:02:57 AM

We have successfully sold over $50,000 of MoneyPaks.  We have yet to receive negative feedback about the service.

Great job. Have you thought of using ZipConf which would allow for zero confirmations?

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 02:55:23 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:43:01 AM by DBordello

We have successfully sold over $50,000 of MPs.  We have yet to receive negative feedback about the service.

Great job. Have you thought of using ZipConf which would allow for zero confirmations?

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.  We are looking in to it.  

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2012, 06:04:04 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:43:04 AM by DBordello

We have spoken with the developers of ZipConf.  We are both implementing some APIs.  BTCPak should be accepting instant deposits within the upcoming week.  

Thank you for the heads up.

Dan

TizzyTazzy

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 09:00:52 PM

Great fast service. Perfect way to cash out for my business that accepts BTC as a form of payment.

EDIT: Also wanted to understand your green address thing, is their a way to verify your address so it can be green flagged or what ever you wanna call it.

It would also be great if you could simply have the code emailed after the 6 confirmations as an option instead of having to wait on the screen for 6 confirmations, that can be a drag.

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2012, 11:04:32 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:43:07 AM by DBordello

Great fast service. Perfect way to cash out for my business that accepts BTC as a form of payment.

EDIT: Also wanted to understand your green address thing, is their a way to verify your address so it can be green flagged or what ever you wanna call it.

It would also be great if you could simply have the code emailed after the 6 confirmations as an option instead of having to wait on the screen for 6 confirmations, that can be a drag.

The Green Address was purposed a while ago for trusted companies to "sign" transactions.  At the moment, only the Mt.Gox green address is recognized.  Therefore if you send the funds from Mt.Gox, you will receive the MP code instantly.

I have thought about adding an option for an email address.  I will put some more thought in to that.  Since the MP code is "like cash", I am hesitant to include it in an email.

Dan

TizzyTazzy

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 02:53:02 PM

The Green Address was purposed a while ago for trusted companies to "sign" transactions.  At the moment, only the Mt.Gox green address is recognized.  Therefore if you send the funds from Mt.Gox, you will receive the MoneyPak code instantly.

I have thought about adding an option for an email address.  I will put some more thought in to that.  Since the MoneyPak code is "like cash", I am hesitant to include it in an email.

Dan

Well just make them have a choice to have it emailed, I think most people who use your service load the funds right after.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 05:08:29 AM

Since the MoneyPak code is "like cash", I am hesitant to include it in an email.

The way BitInstant solved that is to give a PIN# on the purchase summary / receipt page.

Then in the e-mail is a URL to a page, but to gain access to the moneypak code, the PIN is needed.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 01:21:40 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:43:11 AM by DBordello

Shameless bump.

epbaha

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 02:32:26 AM

You should offer the reverse service.  Just accept the mp codes and cash the moneypak first.  then send the btc.

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 02:57:56 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:43:15 AM by DBordello

You should offer the reverse service.  Just accept the mp codes and cash the moneypak first.  then send the btc.

I would love to.  However, that service is a bit trickier.  I did it manually for a while, but it is hard to sustain.

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2012, 09:01:54 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:43:17 AM by DBordello

Since the MP code is "like cash", I am hesitant to include it in an email.

The way BitInstant solved that is to give a PIN# on the purchase summary / receipt page.

Then in the e-mail is a URL to a page, but to gain access to the moneypak code, the PIN is needed.

This is an excellent method.  We are working to implement it now.

Dan

rothglobal

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 09:20:16 PM

Have to throw out a huge kudos to the OP. Have not used it, but have read the thread. Very impressive exchange service, actually better than any exchange service I have seen for the largest e-currency, Liberty Reserve. That's a huge accomplishment.
sunnankar
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2012, 09:36:44 PM

Have to throw out a huge kudos to the OP. Have not used it, but have read the thread. Very impressive exchange service, actually better than any exchange service I have seen for the largest e-currency, Liberty Reserve. That's a huge accomplishment.

BTCPak's are great; particularly in conjunction with the American Express Prepaid Card which has a $400/daily ATM withdrawal limit, no monthly fee, first withdraw in a month is free then $2/withdrawal.

What could make it better?

If BTCPak operated with ZipConf so the 6 confirmations were not an issue and you could go from bitcoins to cash in hand at an ATM in less than 1 minute.

If there were only a service to get a batch of 2-4 American Express Prepaid Cards along with possibly the online credentials so the balance can be checked. Any service providers?

rothglobal

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 09:59:01 PM

BTCPak's are great; particularly in conjunction with the American Express Prepaid Card which has a $400/daily ATM withdrawal limit, no monthly fee, first withdraw in a month is free then $2/withdrawal.

What could make it better?

If BTCPak operated with ZipConf so the 6 confirmations were not an issue and you could go from bitcoins to cash in hand at an ATM in less than 1 minute.

If there were only a service to get a batch of 2-4 American Express Prepaid Cards along with possibly the online credentials so the balance can be checked. Any service providers?

AMEX is highly regulated. Not going to be possible.
sunnankar
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2012, 10:34:44 PM

I think it would be possible because the cards were intended by Amex to be used this way.

Based on the Amex ToS one person with an address and SSN can get 3 cards; 1 for themself and 2 for 2 other people in those people's names and their address. So only one SSN is needed for the 3 cards total. Amex intends people to get cards for other people such as for their children, maids, butlers, etc.

rothglobal

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 11:09:24 PM

I think it would be possible because the cards were intended by Amex to be used this way.

Based on the Amex ToS one person with an address and SSN can get 3 cards; 1 for themself and 2 for 2 other people in those people's names and their address. So only one SSN is needed for the 3 cards total. Amex intends people to get cards for other people such as for their children, maids, butlers, etc.

This is if someone is going to sell you access to a card issued by their SSN. That just sounds really problematic.
Liberty Payout

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 10:19:47 PM

Successfully purchased a $500 Moneypak. Thanks.
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2012, 11:10:33 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:43:46 AM by DBordello

Successfully purchased a $500 Moneypak. Thanks.

I am glad that your transaction was smooth.  I appreciate the feedback.  Please let us know how we can assist you with your financial needs in the future.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2012, 11:13:37 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:43:49 AM by DBordello

We are now offering $1,000 MPs!  

Due to repeated requests, we have expanded our offerings to include this higher denomination.  

You can purchase with confidence.  We have sold over $85,000 worth of MPs to date.  

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks!

Dan

Phraust

Activity: 206

Mostly Harmless...

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2012, 11:28:50 PM

Just used it for the first time, and I gotta say it's super fantastic.  Really easy, able to put my MoneyPak code in to my account is just a few minutes!  Definitely using it again Cheesy

Pretty site too! Wink
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2012, 11:38:05 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:43:51 AM by DBordello

Just used it for the first time, and I gotta say it's super fantastic.  Really easy, able to put my MoneyPak code in to my account is just a few minutes!  Definitely using it again Cheesy

Pretty site too! Wink

I must provide credit, where credit is due.  Phraust developed the layout of the site.  Without him the site would not look anywhere near as sharp, and I think that is reflected in the bottom line.

Thanks Phraust!

Dan

sunnankar
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2012, 03:23:34 AM

Really easy, able to put my MoneyPak code in to my account is just a few minutes!

Been hoarding my BTC lately but 'a few minutes'; did you get ZipConf working with it?

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2012, 03:25:52 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:43:54 AM by DBordello

Really easy, able to put my MoneyPak code in to my account is just a few minutes!

Been hoarding my BTC lately but 'a few minutes'; did you get ZipConf working with it?

Sadly we have not integrated with ZipConf yet.  We are still working together, I am hopeful, but not optimistic that we will be able to work something out.

Liberty Payout

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 03:41:45 AM

Quick question, is the site automatically updated with the current rate of BTC?
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2012, 03:42:47 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:43:57 AM by DBordello

Quick question, is the site automatically updated with the current rate of BTC?

Yes it is.  The rate stated when you start the transaction is the rate you get.

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2012, 11:40:14 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:44:00 AM by DBordello

I would like to thank everybody for their business.  

Please feel free to contact us if you run in to any issues.

Dan

opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2012, 04:12:33 AM

used this a little while ago, would be nice to have a <$100 option

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2012, 07:24:08 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:44:03 AM by DBordello

I am glad that you were able to utilize our service.  Hopefully we will be able to satisfy your needs in the future.

Dan

TizzyTazzy

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 08:36:34 PM

Yeah I can see $25, $50, and $75 options becoming useful from time to time.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 09:04:59 PM

Really?

So $25 + $5 GreenDot fee + say $5 to BTCPak for the service.  = $35 for $25 = 40% markup?

Doesn't the flat fee structure kinda make larger tx useful and smaller ones prohibitively expensive.  It would be kinda like trying to Western Union $18.  Yeah you can do it but it doesn't make much sense.
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2012, 09:07:52 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:44:07 AM by DBordello

Really?

So $25 + $5 GreenDot fee + say $5 to BTCPak for the service.  = $35 for $25 = 40% markup?

Doesn't the flat fee structure kinda make larger tx useful and smaller ones prohibitively expensive.  It would be kinda like trying to Western Union $18.  Yeah you can do it but it doesn't make much sense.

This is consistent with my thinking as well.  The overhead becomes pretty significant on these smaller denominations.  However, I will keep this in mind.

Dan

sunnankar
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2012, 05:16:50 AM

WE ARE TEMPORARILY AT LOW INVENTORY LEVELS. NORMAL INVENTORY SHOULD RESUME SHORTLY.

Looks like business is brisk. Wonder if it is because the American Express Prepaid Card will give $25 to anyone who does a $200+ fund by the end of June.

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 10:35:47 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:44:10 AM by DBordello

WE ARE TEMPORARILY AT LOW INVENTORY LEVELS. NORMAL INVENTORY SHOULD RESUME SHORTLY.

Looks like business is brisk. Wonder if it is because the American Express Prepaid Card will give $25 to anyone who does a $200+ fund by the end of June.

I apologize for the downtime.  We are now back to standard inventory levels.  $100, $250 and $500 MPs are available.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Dan

sunnankar
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 06:25:41 AM

$250

Need more $250 MoneyPaks. Please get them in so we can take advantage of the Amex special. Would prefer $200 ones.

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 03:27:23 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:44:45 AM by DBordello

Everything is back in stock.  I apologize to everybody for the inconsistent inventory levels over the past week.  The Mt.Gox withdraw delays has really put a crunch on our liquidity.  Hopefully everything should be back to normal.

Dan

TheHarbinger

Activity: 378

Why is it so damn hot in here?

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 08:05:35 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2012, 08:24:02 PM by TheHarbinger

Will be trying this out very soon.  I actually had the same idea for this service, but had a financial crisis so didn't have the capital to start it up.  Glad to see someone else doing it.

Edit:  Just bought a $250 MoneyPak, and loaded it flawlessly.  Great service.

12Um6jfDE7q6crm1s6tSksMvda8s1hZ3Vj
opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2012, 05:20:10 PM

stock empty again?

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2012, 05:45:22 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:44:49 AM by DBordello

stock empty again?

We are ramping up our stock as we speak.  There are currently $250 and $500s available. Hopefully this is the last time our inventory runs so low.  

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2012, 10:21:11 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:44:51 AM by DBordello

stock empty again?

We are ramping up our stock as we speak.  There are currently $250 and $500s available. Hopefully this is the last time our inventory runs so low.  

Dan

Just a quick update.  Everything is now in stock ($100, $250, $500).  Thank you everybody for your understanding.  

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 11:27:08 PM

I see that PayPal now has a reloadable debit card that is reloaded with cash through any Neteller (at 7-11, for instance) agent location.

Would BTC-Pak consider selling these reload amounts?

- http://www.csdecisions.com/2012/06/28/7-eleven-offers-paypal-prepaid-mastercard/

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2012, 09:50:39 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:44:55 AM by DBordello

I see that PayPal now has a reloadable debit card that is reloaded with cash through any Neteller (at 7-11, for instance) agent location.

Would BTC-Pak consider selling these reload amounts?

- http://www.csdecisions.com/2012/06/28/7-eleven-offers-paypal-prepaid-mastercard/

I am going to keep an eye out for these.  I will let you know if I find out more.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 04:01:00 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:44:58 AM by DBordello

Inventory levels are once again stable.  I appreciate your understanding.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 07:17:13 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:45:01 AM by DBordello

We have now sold over 600 MPs.

We appreciate the support of everybody.  Please let us know how we can improve the user experience.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2012, 04:48:16 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:45:04 AM by DBordello

We have now sold over 600 MPs.

We appreciate the support of everybody.  Please let us know how we can improve the user experience.

Dan

Sorry for the brief hickup in inventory.  Everything should be back to normal.

epiks

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 09:29:18 AM

Nice, clean and simple looking site! And I don't mean "simple" as in insult. It overall looks very clean! Smiley

Back on topic...Is this the MoneyPak that is strictly virtual? Or is it the MoneyPak that is an actual physical debit card ?
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 02:16:13 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:45:08 AM by DBordello

Nice, clean and simple looking site! And I don't mean "simple" as in insult. It overall looks very clean! Smiley

Back on topic...Is this the MoneyPak that is strictly virtual? Or is it the MoneyPak that is an actual physical debit card ?

Thank you for the kind words about the site.  I always take simple as a complement Smiley

These are physical MP cards.  However, you receive the scratch-off code on the website after your payment is confirmed (about an hour).  A scan of the physical card and receipt is available upon request.  (To date, nobody has requested one).  

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 04:41:10 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:45:11 AM by DBordello

One of the customers over paid 11 BTC for a $500 MP.  If you are that customer, I have sent 11 BTC to your refund address.

This marks the first time I have used the refund address  Grin  I was debating removing it, up until now.  I figured it was a good safety net, and perhaps provides customer confidence.  

TheHarbinger

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 03:24:35 PM

Out of $100 again?   Undecided

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 03:47:39 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:45:15 AM by DBordello

Out of $100 again?   Undecided

I apologize for the inconvenience.  All MPs are now in stock.

Dan

TizzyTazzy

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 06:05:14 PM

Great site thanks,

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 06:17:43 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:45:18 AM by DBordello

Shameless bump.

Dan

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 06:37:13 PM

Shameless bump.

Ironically, services that function as they are supposed to get little forum activity.  (If the MoneyPak code was received and everything works great, why post a comment?)

I do have a question though.

How long (e.g., none/instant, couple hours, next day, or several days) does it take between when I buy a reloadable debit card at the store before I can have access to it to load funds from MoneyPak?  

Let's say it is the WalMart moneycard that I buy.  I can only buy it with cash at Walmart, for example.  I know I then need to register it online before I can load additional amounts to it from a MoneyPak.  So starting from when I register it, how long is it after doing that before I'm allowed to load the MoneyPak?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 08:11:37 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:45:42 AM by DBordello

Shameless bump.

Ironically, services that function as they are supposed to get little forum activity.  (If the MP code was received and everything works great, why post a comment?)

I do have a question though.

How long (e.g., none/instant, couple hours, next day, or several days) does it take between when I buy a reloadable debit card at the store before I can have access to it to load funds from MP?  

Let's say it is the WalMart moneycard that I buy.  I can only buy it with cash at Walmart, for example.  I know I then need to register it online before I can load additional amounts to it from a MP.  So starting from when I register it, how long is it after doing that before I'm allowed to load the MP?

It is a bit unfortunate that services that function properly get little feedback.  Although we sell about 10 MPs a day, we don't get much positive feedback here.  Oh well, better than the opposite.

I believe that you can load a MP on a reloadable debit card immediately after you register it (I am not sure if you have to register at all).  You can then use the temporary card that you purchased to use it as a Visa or MasterCard.  However, to use it at an ATM, you typically have to wait for the permanent card with your name on it.

I hope this helps.  Let me know if you have any further questions.

Dan

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 08:52:53 PM

I believe that you can load a MoneyPak on a reloadable debit card immediately after you register it (I am not sure if you have to register at all).  You can then use the temporary card that you purchased to use it as a Visa or MasterCard.  However, to use it at an ATM, you typically have to wait for the permanent card with your name on it.

I hope this helps. 

Yes, that's were I was confused.  I hadn't realized the reloadable prepaid debit card from the store is not the permanent card, and that is where the delay I had heard about comes from.  Thanks!

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

TheHarbinger

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 01:06:36 AM

You can only load $500 total on the temporary card thanks to banking and security rules in the U.S.  I don't mean, load $500, spend it, load another $500, it's a $500 cumulative cap.  Anything past the $500 you have to have it registered, and have your permanent card.

mobile4ever

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 05:37:15 AM

By popular demand we have expanded our offerings once more.  We are now offering the following denominations:

• $500
  • $250
  • $100

The $500 MoneyPak offers the greatest rate.

Dan

What are those rates? Plus, what rate or market do you go by to transfer BTC over to USD?
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 05:39:39 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:46:17 AM by DBordello

By popular demand we have expanded our offerings once more.  We are now offering the following denominations:

• $500
  • $250
  • $100

The $500 MP offers the greatest rate.

Dan

What are those rates? Plus, what rate or market do you go by to transfer BTC over to USD?

We use several methods to convert BTC to USD.  Our rates our updated in real-time.  For the current rate, please visit BTCPak.com.  

Dan

mobile4ever

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 06:17:06 AM

By popular demand we have expanded our offerings once more.  We are now offering the following denominations:

• $500
  • $250
  • $100

The $500 MoneyPak offers the greatest rate.

Dan

We use several methods to convert BTC to USD.  Our rates our updated in real-time.  For the current rate, please visit BTCPak.com. 

Dan

Thanks for the super fast answer!  Cheesy
mobile4ever

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 07:40:19 PM

I am going to go ahead and get the small MP from you based on this page:

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DBordello&type=RECV&sign=ANY

Nice standing! I recommend others check out your page as well. You have a good history.  Smiley

( I am also going to wait until the BTC to USD price gets a little better. Smiley )
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 09:38:08 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:46:21 AM by DBordello

Hello All,

Unfortunately we are temporarily out of stock.  

We will have all MPs back in stock tomorrow.  We appreciate your patience.  I will post an update we inventory is back to normal levels.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 04:29:34 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:46:23 AM by DBordello

I apologize to everybody for the temporary outage.

Our inventory is now back to full levels.  As usual, you can purchase $100, $250 and $500 MPs.

Thanks again for your understanding.

Dan

mobile4ever

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 05:16:10 PM

I got some USD on the btcpak.com site. It went fast, with zero problems. I would use this service again.

Thanks... Smiley
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2012, 06:58:39 PM

What is the zip code these are purchased in? I'm trying to find my prepaid card with a code and its asking for it.

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 06:01:16 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:46:27 AM by DBordello

What is the zip code these are purchased in? I'm trying to find my prepaid card with a code and its asking for it.

I am not sure how I missed this post.  I have PM'd you.  I can provide you with the receipt if that helps.  

Sorry for the delay!

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 11:30:44 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:46:30 AM by DBordello

Due to an unexpected surge, inventory levels are currently low.  Inventory will return to full-stock on Wednesday 8/22.  

I thank everybody for their continued business.  I apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 03:38:16 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:46:33 AM by DBordello

Due to an unexpected surge, inventory levels are currently low.  Inventory will return to full-stock on Wednesday 8/22.  

I thank everybody for their continued business.  I apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

Dan

$100, $250 and $500 MPs are now back in stock.  I apologize for the delay.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 09:03:52 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:46:36 AM by DBordello

Shameless bump.

wildboy211

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 02:49:33 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2012, 03:42:54 AM by wildboy211

Sending some coins over right now for $100 MP...will post with updates.

* Sent the coins over with a Mt.Gox green address, and got my MP code within 2 minutes. Will use again.
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 02:50:50 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:46:40 AM by DBordello

Sending some coins over right now for $100 MP...will post with updates.

* Sent the coins over with a Mt.Gox green address, and got my MP code within 2 minutes. Will use again.

I am glad to hear everything worked out well.  I appreciate the testimonial.  

TheHarbinger

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 10:13:29 AM

Sheesh, I've used it 6 or 7 times, you don't see me running around spouting shameless testimonials.

I'll start spouting shameless testimonials when there is a need for it, like referral bonuses, and member loyalty rewards, and cold hard cash, or BTC.  Wink

"I'm not a BTCPak user, but I play one on bitcointalk.org."   Grin

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 10:57:10 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:46:43 AM by DBordello

After a long hiatus $1000 MPs are back in stock!  These MPs should be able to satisfy the demand for higher denominations.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 02:58:13 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 04:46:46 AM by DBordello

We are pleased to announce that BTCPak is now integrated with Blockchain.info!  You can now quickly purchase MPs from your blockchain.info wallet.  

Piuk did a fantastic job with integration!

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 03:06:45 PM

Our blockchain.info integration has been wildly successful.  I think everybody for their support.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 05:47:38 PM

Shameless bump.

TheHarbinger

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 10:27:00 PM

Shameless bump.

Business must be slowing down.   Grin

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 02:06:21 AM

Shameless bump.

Business must be slowing down.   Grin

Actually business is great Smiley  Unfortunately, business traffic and forum presence are not directly related.

firstlady0524

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 04:03:49 AM

I am proud to report that BTCPak has sold over $2000 worth of MP codes.  So far all of the transactions have been smooth and we have gotten positive feedback from our users.

Thank you everybody!

Dan

I love btcpack I use them all the time!
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 02:04:33 PM

Thank you everybody!

Dan

Thank you for the feedback.  We love you too!

yellowcoin

Activity: 43

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 04:21:36 PM

Great Service I got a 500 pak a little whiles ago and forgot to post up the feedback.  Will do business again once I generate more coins.
thebitbabe

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 06:48:38 PM

Dan I love your service I use it all the time
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 06:54:05 PM

Great Service I got a 500 pak a little whiles ago and forgot to post up the feedback.  Will do business again once I generate more coins.

Dan I love your service I use it all the time

I appreciate the feedback!  Thanks for the positive reviews.  Please let us know if we can be of more assistance.

Dan

koin
Legendary

Activity: 873

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 12:41:22 AM

i'll be a first-time user.  went to use my bank account atm/debit card but it got declined because the card just expired.  i didn't send my new address to my bank so i never got the replacement card.  i don't have any bank locations anywhere nearby so this looks to be the best way for me to get cash quickly.  a real lifesaver, if you asked me.
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2012, 12:44:22 AM

i'll be a first-time user.  went to use my bank account atm/debit card but it got declined because the card just expired.  i didn't send my new address to my bank so i never got the replacement card.  i don't have any bank locations anywhere nearby so this looks to be the best way for me to get cash quickly.  a real lifesaver, if you asked me.

Hopefully this works out for you.  However, a word of warning, I *think* that if you pickup a Greendot card somewhere, you can't use it at an ATM until you get the permanent card (you start with a temporary card). However, you can use it as a credit card (and perhaps a debit card?)

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 10:21:33 PM

Everything is back in stock.  Sorry for the brief outage. 

Dan

TheHarbinger

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 01:59:15 AM

Picked one up earlier today.   Grin

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2012, 04:37:44 AM

As you may have noticed, our inventory is extremely low today.  However, we should be back at full inventory levels tomorrow.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2012, 12:31:23 AM

As you may have noticed, our inventory is extremely low today.  However, we should be back at full inventory levels tomorrow.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dan

We are back to full inventory.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 12:02:18 AM

We had some low inventory levels, but they have returned to normal.  Our liquidity is no longer an issue.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2012, 01:11:07 AM

Shameless bump.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 05:21:01 AM

Shameless bump.

Here's a suggestion

Load $25 & Get $25 when you sign up for @Serve now thru 12/31. No credit checks, monthly or annual fees!
- http://twitter.com/AmericanExpress/status/258576655528914945

Here's their offer:
 - https://www.serve.com/load25

So if you were going to buy a prepaid card which takes MoneyPak for loading, Serve will work -- and you get a extra $25 after your first load.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2012, 03:19:40 PM

Shameless bump.

Here's a suggestion

Load $25 & Get $25 when you sign up for @Serve now thru 12/31. No credit checks, monthly or annual fees!

Here's their offer:

So if you were going to buy a prepaid card which takes MoneyPak for loading, Serve will work -- and you get a extra $25 after your first load.

This is a great plan.  Thank you for the suggestion.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 06:03:46 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2012, 09:31:29 AM by Stephen Gornick

Here's their offer:

This is a great plan.  Thank you for the suggestion.

I did end up doing this.  The free $25 got added by the time I checked my balance a couple hours later.  So it does work.

You can  then spend the funds from the Serve card at an ATM and wherever AmEx is accepted. Or you can withdraw the funds to your own bank account.  You can also send the funds to another Serve customer (person-to-person, like you can with PayPal).  

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2012, 07:02:00 PM

Here's their offer:

This is a great plan.  Thank you for the suggestion.

I did end up doing this.  The free $25 got added by the time I checked my balance a couple hours later.  So it does work.

You can  then spend the funds from the Serve card at an ATM and wherever AmEx is accepted. Or you can withdraw the funds to your own bank account.  You can also send the funds to another Serve customer (person-to-person, like PayPal). 

I am glad everything worked out.  This seems like a good option.

Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 01:58:51 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2012, 03:45:25 AM by Viceroy

How do you determine your fees, they seem awfully high based on current MtGox price.

Your $1000 MP works out to 11.3895 per btc but MtGox current price is 12.50915 giving you $98 in fees.  

The $250 MP charges $30 in fees.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 03:06:34 AM

How do you determine your fees, they seem awfully high based on current MtGox price.

Your $1000 MP works out to 11.3895 per btc but MtGox current price is 12.50915 giving you $98 in fees. 

The $250 MP charges $30 in fees.

Its called profit.  Did you expect he would sell at cost? Does any store sell at cost?
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 03:36:59 AM

Its called profit.

and a darn nice one at that.

the problem is turning over the bitcoins received into cash (paper currency) that is then used to buy replacement moneypaks.  to do this you need a lot of capital since the exchanges don't always process withdrawals quickly or inexpensively.

there's room for competition for sure.
illWill

Activity: 68

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 09:08:56 AM

+1 to the service. Very fluid. Highly recommended Smiley

BTC 1LX1whdHhGHdchyQVKgWsRnVRYsrBEjept
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 07:05:27 PM

+1 to the service. Very fluid. Highly recommended Smiley

I am glad that you enjoyed it.

You may have noticed, we are currently "skating" along at limited inventory levels.  We should be back to normal inventory levels soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dan

Viceroy

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 04:41:38 PM

As a potential customer who decided to go with a competitor, I think you should be more transparent with your pricing scheme.  The reason I chose the competitor is that they were more transparent with their pricing scheme even updating the current buy price "on the fly" and plainly stating a $10 fee for processing.  (Though I do take issue with the competitor for an additional 3% up-charge between their current buy price and mt gox).

Consumers want to understand your model, personally I don't like your 'black box' pricing approach and so I am letting you know that for this reason alone I chose a competitors site over yours.  If your site were more dynamic and offered a better explanation of your pricing model I would have given it a try but I after realized your markup was >10% with no explanation I was forced to seek out an alternative.

My 0.02 btc

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 04:48:08 PM

As a potential customer who decided to go with a competitor, I think you should be more transparent with your pricing scheme.  The reason I chose the competitor is that they were more transparent with their pricing scheme even updating the current buy price "on the fly" and plainly stating a $10 fee for processing.  (Though I do take issue with the competitor for an additional 3% up-charge between their current buy price and mt gox).

Consumers want to understand your model, personally I don't like your 'black box' pricing approach and so I am letting you know that for this reason alone I chose a competitors site over yours.  If your site were more dynamic and offered a better explanation of your pricing model I would have given it a try but I after realized your markup was >10% with no explanation I was forced to seek out an alternative.

My 0.02 btc

Viceroy,

I appreciate your honest feedback. 

I am trying to go for a very clean, simple interface.  In doing so, the "fees" are slightly hidden.  However, I will consider a better way to display this sort of information.  Obviously it is not hidden, since it takes two seconds to back calculate our buying price.

Thank you for the feedback.

Dan

sinner

Activity: 615

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 02:17:58 AM

how long does it usually take to receive GDMP for bitcoins?

who is the main competitor?
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2012, 02:19:36 AM

how long does it usually take to receive GDMP for bitcoins?

who is the main competitor?

Our site generally waits for 6 confirmations.  However, if you send from the Mt. Gox green address, or through the blockchain.info mixer, you receive the MoneyPak code within minutes. 

Our main competitor is Fastcash4Bitcoins.

I hope this helps you make an informed decision  Grin

Dan

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 06:05:08 AM

Mt. Gox green address, or through the blockchain.info mixer, you receive the MoneyPak code within minutes. 

ORLY?   That's awesome!   

I was going to suggest some sort of wallet so that the MoneyPak code could be acquired within minutes.   So a green address solves that.

Though I have no idea how the blockchain.info mixer would be protected against a Finney attack though.  This is a perfect example of what not to do.  When mining, include a transaction that spends to self.  If a block is solved, hold the block and the transaction without broadcasting.   Send a 0/unconfirmed to a blockchain.info/wallet, then send payment to BTCPak through the mixer.  Wait a few seconds until BTCPak shows payment and reveals the MoneyPak code.  Then release the mined block which double spends the coin.

Profit.

I'm suspecting there must be something I'm overlooking with how you are notified by the mixer, or something.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2012, 04:47:44 PM

Mt. Gox green address, or through the blockchain.info mixer, you receive the MoneyPak code within minutes. 

ORLY?   That's awesome!   

I was going to suggest some sort of wallet so that the MoneyPak code could be acquired within minutes.   So a green address solves that.

Though I have no idea how the blockchain.info mixer would be protected against a Finney attack though.  This is a perfect example of what not to do.  When mining, include a transaction that spends to self.  If a block is solved, hold the block and the transaction without broadcasting.   Send a 0/unconfirmed to a blockchain.info/wallet, then send payment to BTCPak through the mixer.  Wait a few seconds until BTCPak shows payment and reveals the MoneyPak code.  Then release the mined block which double spends the coin.

Profit.

I'm suspecting there must be something I'm overlooking with how you are notified by the mixer, or something.

I appreciate your concern against a finney attack.  However, BlockChain.info takes precautions against these types of attacks: https://blockchain.info/wallet/send-anonymously

In any case, they assume zero-confirmation risk.  If they get double-spent (or a finney attack), the input to the mixer would be invalid, not the output. 

Although an attack is always possible, we haven't had an issue yet.  Hopefully this continues Smiley 

illWill

Activity: 68

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 03:24:04 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2012, 03:45:47 AM by illWill

Overall this service is great. I had one problem though... My comp seemed to shut off on the last conformation on my last order. I've contacted your support team but to response yet  Huh I really want to continue business DBordello just need to get this taken care of first.

Please let me know what else I need to provide to square this away.

Thanks
illwill -

Wow they fixed the problem before i even submitted the post. Very professional, best additional to BTC!

Great work guys.
+11111

BTC 1LX1whdHhGHdchyQVKgWsRnVRYsrBEjept
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2012, 06:46:08 PM

Sorry for the brief outage.  We back fully stocked.

Dan

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 12:06:16 PM

Any chance BTCPak would sell the PayPal Cash card (like MoneyPak but from PayPal):
 - https://www.paypal-cash.com/how_it_works.html

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2012, 03:46:14 AM

Any chance BTCPak would sell the PayPal Cash card (like MoneyPak but from PayPal):
 - https://www.paypal-cash.com/how_it_works.html

I have seen these around.  I am going to do some more research how they work. 

We should be fully stocked again.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2012, 02:53:11 PM

Our inventory levels have stabilized. 

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 04:34:53 PM

Shameless bump

polymorphous

Activity: 76

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 05:44:22 PM

I shot off an e-mail to support@btcpak.com but thought I would post here as well in case someone else had had a similar issue. I went to purchase a $250 MP through the option in my blockchain wallet, the BTC was debited from my account, but when I came back a few minutes later, where the code would normally appear there was a message saying that the transaction had been cancelled due to lack of deposits. Should I expect the coins to be refunded to the address they were sent from?

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2013, 06:56:59 PM

It appears the Blockchain.info mixer is having difficulties.  I am looking in to it.

polymorphous

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 07:03:03 PM

It appears the Blockchain.info mixer is having difficulties.  I am looking in to it.

Thanks. I just wasn't sure what the easiest way of getting your attention would be.

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2013, 09:15:33 PM

It appears the mixer has released the funds.  You should be good to go now.  Sorry for the mixup.

Dan

polymorphous

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 09:19:44 PM

It appears the mixer has released the funds.  You should be good to go now.  Sorry for the mixup.

Dan

I just checked and was able to redeem the MP. Thanks a lot for the quick response!

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2013, 11:41:49 PM

I am glad we were able to get everything sorted out. 

We are once again fully stocked.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2013, 05:18:32 AM

Shameless bump.

Atruk

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 03:11:05 AM

Dan

Any idea when you'll get some $100's back in stock? I'm hoping to get some beer money for this weekend.

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 03:18:23 AM

Dan

Any idea when you'll get some $100's back in stock? I'm hoping to get some beer money for this weekend.

Beer is delicious, and I do not want to leave you lacking.  We should be back in stock tomorrow morning.

Dan

Atruk

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 03:21:06 AM

Dan

Beer is delicious, and I do not want to leave you lacking.  We should be back in stock tomorrow morning.

Dan

Awesome.

It'll be my third purchase from you in as many weeks, and each week it gets better and better.

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 03:22:37 AM

Dan

Dan

Awesome.

It'll be my third purchase from you in as many weeks, and each week it gets better and better.

Excellent, I am glad that you enjoy it.  We certainly enjoy your business.

If you haven't already, consider sending from the Mt. Gox green address.  Those transactions are instantly confirmed.

Dan

Atruk

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 03:42:29 AM

Dan

Dan

Awesome.

Excellent, I am glad that you enjoy it.  We certainly enjoy your business.

If you haven't already, consider sending from the Mt. Gox green address.  Those transactions are instantly confirmed.

Dan

I might try that this time. Six confirmations isn't really that bad of a wait, but I guess I do have the time.

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2013, 01:14:54 AM

We are conducting some back-end updates.  Hopefully everything should be seamless, but please report any oddities you experience.

Thanks,
Dan

claire

Activity: 98

Capitalism rocks my world.

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 09:14:19 PM

How do we know when you're out of stock? I'm going to get a couple of hundreds and I was hoping to get them before I leave today. I'm still waiting for the first confirmation of 6 after 30 minutes. Sad

Thanks

I Love Bitcoin Smiley 1A5jmQcmZamhTeHaEZvtMEpoqrH2SECcxk
Phone Domination 888-221-0319
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 09:17:27 PM

How do we know when you're out of stock? I'm going to get a couple of hundreds and I was hoping to get them before I leave today. I'm still waiting for the first confirmation of 6 after 30 minutes. Sad

Thanks

Claire,

If we are out of stock you will not be able to select that denomination for purchase.  We try to avoid that situation, but you can catch it at times.

Hopefully your confirmation issue worked itself out Smiley

Dan

claire

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 09:20:33 PM

You are SO cool. It worked. Thanks. Now the only problem is that turbotax cancelled their cards. GRRR I have to go buy one at wallyworld I suppose. boooo

Thanks

Claire,

If we are out of stock you will not be able to select that denomination for purchase.  We try to avoid that situation, but you can catch it at times.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 09:22:15 PM

You are SO cool. It worked. Thanks. Now the only problem is that turbotax cancelled their cards. GRRR I have to go buy one at wallyworld I suppose. boooo

Thanks

Claire,

Dan

Ooops, that is unfortunate.  You should be able to pick up a card almost anywhere.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2013, 05:59:08 PM

Our backend maintenance is complete.

You should now see an Enhanced Verification SSL certificate.  We have been verified as our parent company, Newtonian Financial LLC.

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2013, 03:33:30 PM

There were some delays in processing early today.  We tripped a sanity check that checked to make sure the Mt.Gox ticker was between 0.5$/BTC and 25 $/BTC.  This caused the system to stop processing orders.

Obviously this check is no longer valid (although the sanity of it could still be debated).  Everything should be processing as usual now.

Sorry for the delay.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2013, 05:28:29 PM

After some security updates, I realize our Blockchain.info integration was down yesterday. 

Everything should be back to usual.

Dan

Oldsport

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 07:38:17 PM

I bought a $500 code through MTGox green address whenever I try to apply it I get this error:
"We were unable to process your transaction with the information provided. Please try again."

This has been very inconveinient for me, the only reason I paid the high fee was for urgency. As of now I am a dissatisfied customer, and hope that you can help resolve the issue in a timely manner.

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2013, 07:56:48 PM

I bought a $500 code through MTGox green address whenever I try to apply it I get this error:
"We were unable to process your transaction with the information provided. Please try again."

This has been very inconveinient for me, the only reason I paid the high fee was for urgency. As of now I am a dissatisfied customer, and hope that you can help resolve the issue in a timely manner.

After selling over 3,000 MPs, you are the first victim of data entry error.  The MP code was incorrectly entered in to our system.  I have sent you a PM with the correct changes to make.

Sorry for the mixup.  I realize you were looking to use our service quickly, and I apologize for the error.

Dan

Oldsport

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 08:34:22 PM

After selling over 3,000 MPs, you are the first victim of data entry error.  The MP code was incorrectly entered in to our system.  I have sent you a PM with the correct changes to make.

Sorry for the mixup.  I realize you were looking to use our service quickly, and I apologize for the error.

Dan

The issue has been resolved. I thank Dbordello for his prompt reply. Recommend.

heart_mons

Activity: 87

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 01:33:46 AM

How often do you replenish codes?  It seems you are out at the moment.

Dan
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2013, 02:36:58 AM

We are generally constantly refiling our inventory.  However, our area is under severe snow so we are unable to restock tonight.  We should be back to regular inventory levels tomorrow morning.

Dan

heart_mons

Activity: 87

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 02:07:23 PM

We are generally constantly refiling our inventory.  However, our area is under severe snow so we are unable to restock tonight.  We should be back to regular inventory levels tomorrow morning.

Dan

No worries.  Thanks for the reply.  Love your service.
ksteve96

Activity: 624
Merit: 125

alcedoplatform.com

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2013, 04:00:27 PM

Looking for a $100 moneypak, will they be in stock today?

𝗔𝗟𝗖𝗘𝗗𝗢  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Making Cryptocurrencies Accessible For Everyone!         Made in
██████████████████████████████████████████       GERMANY
     𝗔𝗡𝗡     𝗪𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗽𝗲𝗿     𝗙𝗮𝗰𝗲𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸     𝗧𝘄𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿     𝗠𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘂𝗺     𝗕𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁𝘆     𝗧𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺              🇩🇪 🇩🇪 🇩🇪
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 02:27:45 AM

Looking for a $100 moneypak, will they be in stock today?

Looks like they are available now.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2013, 05:15:38 AM

All:

I apologize for the low inventory levels.  I have been out of town, and we were hit with a winter storm prohibiting our employees from restocking our inventory.

That being said, we should be back to full inventory levels.   I appreciate everybody's patience.

Please let me know if I can help out further.

-Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 04:54:44 PM

I realize we have been a bit low on inventory lately.  We are fully stocked now and hope to stay that way.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 02:42:06 AM

Due to the Bitcoin network fork, we are temporary holding transactions.

I do not anticipate any issues, and when the new fork has caught up, we will resume processing.  I am very sorry for the delay.

Dan

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 03:14:45 AM

Update:  I have refunded all pending transactions.  We are in a bit of a held state, therefore it is not fair for us to hold your coins.  Everything should be straightened out when 0.70 catches up.

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 08:26:42 AM

We have resumed operation.  Everything should behave as normal.

Dan

Atruk

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:36:01 PM

Out of stock or did the price run up against another sanity check?

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 01:21:42 AM

We are working to restore inventory.  Currently we have a limited inventory level.  I hope to remedy that tomorrow.

Dan

Viceroy

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 07:19:01 PM

We are working to restore inventory.  Currently we have a limited inventory level.  I hope to remedy that tomorrow.

Dan

I need some, what's the timing on the restock?

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 07:22:13 PM

We should be fully restocked later tonight.

claire

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:25:42 PM

So when I can't get an amount on the drop down menu does this mean you are out of stock?

Thanks Smiley

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 03:26:50 PM

So when I can't get an amount on the drop down menu does this mean you are out of stock?

Thanks Smiley

Unfortunately, it does.  I have been out of town for the last few days, and our inventory levels have suffered.  However, we will be fully stocked tonight.

Sorry again.

Dan

claire

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:30:10 PM

Thanks Smiley

Unfortunately, it does.  I have been out of town for the last few days, and our inventory levels have suffered.  However, we will be fully stocked tonight.

Sorry again.

Dan

Thank you

ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:27:38 AM

Are you back in stock?
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 02:30:25 AM

Are you back in stock?

We have a few denominations in stock.  We will have more tomorrow.

Dan

ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:29:56 AM

Are you back in stock?

We have a few denominations in stock.  We will have more tomorrow.

Dan

Question...

Why have a $1000 MP? Don't most prepaid cards have a daily load limit of $500? Or are most of your customers loading their PayPal accounts with them?

Just curious. Thanks.
claire

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:56:58 PM

Anymore tonight? I was like .1 away from cashing out at $250. lol unlike others, I was waiting for it to go down!

DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 07:17:10 PM

Due to the recent BTC wierdness, we have been hanging low.

However, we are fully restocked now.

Dan

btcnoodle

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:16:20 AM

Hi, I would really appreciate an update as to when you might be getting some 250/100s in? Been trying to catch one for days now. Thanks!

A Happy Repeat Customer
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 02:25:05 AM

Hi, I would really appreciate an update as to when you might be getting some 250/100s in? Been trying to catch one for days now. Thanks!

A Happy Repeat Customer

It pains me to see the site down.  I should have an update in the next few days.

Dan

Atruk

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:36:51 PM

Hey Boss,

Why's the site down?  What is this BTC weirdness you speak of?

Site looks up to me. It just looks empty...

btcnoodle

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:20:35 AM

Looks like BTCPak is no longer in business. Too bad, it was good while it lasted. I suppose I'll have to look at other options.
DBordello (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 02:21:49 PM

Please stand by.  We should be back up and running in a short period of time. 

I appreciate your patience.

Dan 

Hfleer

Activity: 448

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 06:11:22 PM

Please stand by.  We should be back up and running in a short period of time.  

Dan  

I was thinking of giving this a try and tried to check how much the fees might be, but i see you are restocking or updating so the site doesn't work.  Seems like a good idea.  Would recommend updating the website with current info(restocking, updating, etc.), it was unclear to me why it wasn't working till i read this post, and looks like some of the other user thought it was down.  Also could modify title and original post of this thread when necessary if possible.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
superfastkyle

Activity: 437

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 09:13:04 PM

Site is down. No moneypaks in weeks

If you're letting btcpak die, why are you trying to sell if for two years of profit (what bitcoin companies will be around in 2 years anyways)? If its really is as profitable as you think why not just hire a part time worker to do it for you? I'd even consider doing it
luckysend

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 03:05:58 PM

IS it the site will die? and never offer the pak for exchange bitcoin?
NY11giants

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 03:38:07 PM

i saw in another thread he was selling the site to so he could focus on his real job....  so until it has a new owner, Id say its down.
I tried to buy it myself, but my offer wasnt in the ballpark.... Cry
Liberty Payout

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:39:56 PM

i saw in another thread he was selling the site to so he could focus on his real job....  so until it has a new owner, Id say its down.
I tried to buy it myself, but my offer wasnt in the ballpark.... Cry

Just make a new site as a replacement. There is virtually zero competition. You'll earn your own fanbase.
NY11giants

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:27:47 PM

im so NOT tech saavy.  for the record, offered 25K and it wasnt close enough to negotiate.
superfastkyle

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:54:25 PM

yeah the risks are way too high to spend that much. especially when trading/reselling moneypaks are against their terms of service. I can code html fine but I have no web app experience whatsoever. I bet you can have someone code it for you for much less than $25,000 though. It probably isn't even hard to code.

im so NOT tech saavy.  for the record, offered 25K and it wasnt close enough to negotiate.
superfastkyle

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:45:55 AM

lol good question its hearsay so I don't know for sure where... but nobody got time for that

where does it say trading moneypaks is against greendot's terms of service?

Liberty Payout

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:52:38 AM

im so NOT tech saavy.  for the record, offered 25K and it wasnt close enough to negotiate.

I'd happily build you a site like this for $25,000  Grin
Liberty Payout

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:29:44 AM

don't waste your time, I'm finishing it up now...

Early stages of competition. It's still very muchly up for grabs.
Viceroy

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:49:11 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2013, 01:40:58 PM by Viceroy

darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:28:41 AM

Please stand by.  We should be back up and running in a short period of time. 

Dan 

This was over two weeks ago.
grnlightnet

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 01:33:41 PM

Buy moneypaks here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=213918.0
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:58:39 AM

Don't.  The only two people so far who have attempted to buy from here have received no confirmation of their BTC payment and no MP code.  If this is sorted out soon, I will indicate it, but if it isn't sorted out soon tomorrow, the scammer thread starts.
BITCOIN-PIZZA-DAY

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 01:36:30 PM

Site isn't loading, a friend of mine sent BTC before the site went down. When will it be back up?
Viceroy

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 01:38:08 PM

What site?
BITCOIN-PIZZA-DAY

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 01:45:54 PM

What site?

https://www.btcpak.com

I'm posting for a friend because she is new to btc and can't post here. She wanted to exchange btc for moneypak and is now scared because the site went down? (Or somebody changed the URL in the wiki where she found BTCPAK) I'll have to check that.
Viceroy

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 01:47:40 PM

What site?

I'm posting for a friend because she is new to btc and can't post here. She wanted to exchange btc for moneypak and is now scared because the site went down? (Or somebody changed the URL in the wiki where she found BTCPAK) I'll have to check that.

You are mistaken, or your friend is.  You didn't deal with BTCPAK.com in the last month.  
BITCOIN-PIZZA-DAY

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 02:01:41 PM

What site?

You are mistaken, or your friend is.  You didn't deal with BTCPAK.com in the last month.  

You're right. She was on www.btcpack.com and probably got scammed, so the someone trying to impersonate btcpak
Viceroy

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 02:11:43 PM

Contact the administrator for that site and tell them what happened:

Registration Service Provided By: Namecheap.com
Visit: http://namecheap.com
Registered through: eNom, Inc.

Domain name: BTCPACK.COM

Registrant Contact:
   WhoisGuard
   WhoisGuard Protected ()

Fax:
   11400 W. Olympic Blvd. Suite 200
   Los Angeles, CA 90064
   US

Administrative Contact:
   WhoisGuard
   WhoisGuard Protected (396481f213174ce2920d435f5e775887.protect@whoisguard.com)
   +1.6613102107
   Fax: +1.6613102107
   11400 W. Olympic Blvd. Suite 200
   Los Angeles, CA 90064
   US
koukanexchange

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:27:39 PM

Our site is up and running with a large inventory and great rates. Link is in signature. Automated trading, you send coins and get a MP code within 15-20 minutes.   Wink

buyer

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:05:56 AM

BTC 2 moneypak site is NOW LIVE.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=224763.0
buyer

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:58:33 AM

If you are in need of money pak or other gift cards please come check out my site: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=224763.0
buyer

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 01:30:44 AM

now with SSL!

https://www.sellbitcoinforcash.com
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: