Bitcoin Forum
August 22, 2024, 04:41:51 AM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Litecoin hold the #2 spot? Doubtful..and here are the coins who will benefit  (Read 17765 times)
bluemeanie1

Activity: 280
Merit: 257

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 04:24:21 AM

and ltc gpu resistance wasn't even it's hugest marketing point, ltc developer cobee researched where other alts went wrong (such as premine) and tried to improve on these things.....also slight improvements over btc, using both I'd agree.

obviously youre both LTC devotees, casual readers(and investors) take note.

-bm

you could read the ltc historic threads/own forum and u'd see few have trolled it more then I Smiley

that's quite a distinction!  congratulations to you sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

-bm

Just who IS bluemeanie?    On NXTautoDAC and a Million Stolen NXT

feel like your voice isn't being heard? PM me.   |   stole 1M NXT?
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:25:43 AM

Litecoin = fairness, integrity, no-premine, no mysterious invisible creator hiding in the shadows...  the mining countdown went on for weeks.

Integrity still does mean something.

I'd agree, and for the record I consider ALL cryptos pre or instamined in terms of if/and when cryptos go mainstream, only a very small niche community is mining even today.

the what when how where of mining will mean crap to average joes once cryptos go mainstream and become trendy.....few will even notice anything outside btc/ltc.....which will both hit wall street.
peacefulmind

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:26:05 AM

I'd like to point out that peacefulmind is flatout lying about Litecoin being "the fairest launch in history". Not close.  

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#litecoin

Litecoin created ~440,000 coins in about 8 hours from the moment coins were being created, clearly an instamine.

however, this was 3 years ago and we are at 29,200,000 LTCs in existence. The effective instamine was 450,000/29,200,000 = 1.5% more or less.

Even though this didn't necessarily go to developers, it was a rather "meh" start to pump out that many coins in 1/3 of a day.

In May of 2013, there were 17.49 million LTC in existence. This makes the effective instamine of 2.5 %

The further back, the worse the instamine.

Litecoin is lucky that it has enough space between it's launch and today to be able to sweep that start under the rug by saying it doesn't matter now . Calling it the fairest launch in history is a bunch of bullshit.

So 1.5% or less is pretty much the fairest launch in history.  Much better than Satoshi's BTC.

No handing out to the trusted favorites like NXT instamine, no DRK 50% instamine.  1.5% - is the worst that could be alleged.

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:26:30 AM

and ltc gpu resistance wasn't even it's hugest marketing point, ltc developer cobee researched where other alts went wrong (such as premine) and tried to improve on these things.....also slight improvements over btc, using both I'd agree.

obviously youre both LTC devotees, casual readers(and investors) take note.

-bm

you could read the ltc historic threads/own forum and u'd see few have trolled it more then I Smiley

that's quite a distinction!  congratulations to you sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

-bm

and the troll in you grows stronger by the post.
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 04:28:18 AM

when did you trollbox guys figure out how to use a web forum?

seriously this is just sad.  so very sad.  what do you hope to accomplish?  do you really think you're going to save LTC?  is this some kind of group therapy session for LTC investors?

lol!

-bm

peacefulmind

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:29:39 AM

the what when how where of mining will mean crap to average joes once cryptos go mainstream and become trendy.....few will even notice anything outside btc/ltc.....which will both hit wall street.

This.

KnC, GOCOIN, Innosilicon - these are not dumb companies.

Will LTC probably remain BTC's little brother?  Yes.

LTC has already succeeded.  At least it has for me!

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:30:10 AM

seriously this is just sad.  so very sad.  what do you hope to accomplish?  do you really think you're going to save LTC?  is this some kind of group therapy session for LTC investors?

lol!

-bm

u butthurt cause those of us in ltc from early on are doing pretty damn well  Wink
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 04:31:29 AM

This.

KnC, GOCOIN, Innosilicon - these are not dumb companies.

Will LTC probably remain BTC's little brother?  Yes.

LTC shall live on in all of our hearts and all of our balance sheets.  Amen.

-bm

peacefulmind

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:31:34 AM

lol!

-bm

This guy is a troll.  Note this.

If I mined LTC when it sold for 30 cents, how has it not succeeded?  It has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams, your perspective is someone who missed out.

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:31:51 AM

Amen to that  Grin
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 04:33:54 AM

personally, I think people are really tiring of these gimmicks and theyre simply not going to be as receptive to 'anon's awesome alt-coin'.

there's been so many scandals and so much dodgy crap in the alts it's just too much nonsense for the average investor/user to handle.

-bm

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:36:53 AM

personally, I think people are really tiring of these gimmicks and theyre simply not going to be as receptive to 'anon's awesome alt-coin'.

there's been so many scandals and so much dodgy crap in the alts it's just too much nonsense for the average investor/user to handle.

-bm

I'm kinda missing ur point in all of this ? what crypto are u bagholding ummm supporting ? nvm mind scrolled to the btc fanboi part lol
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 04:37:57 AM

-bm

I'm kinda missing ur point in all of this ? what crypto are u bagholding ummm supporting ?

I think I said it before, BTC is looking good right now.

-bm

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:39:25 AM

-bm

I'm kinda missing ur point in all of this ? what crypto are u bagholding ummm supporting ?

I think I said it before, BTC is looking good right now.

-bm

well speaking of coins not true to their intended purpose.....hmmm didn't I read something about microtransactions in that pesky litttle whitepaper.
Whoisthelorax (OP)

Activity: 370
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:44:10 AM

I'd like to point out that peacefulmind is flatout lying about Litecoin being "the fairest launch in history". Not close.  

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#litecoin

Litecoin created ~440,000 coins in about 8 hours from the moment coins were being created, clearly an instamine.

however, this was 3 years ago and we are at 29,200,000 LTCs in existence. The effective instamine was 450,000/29,200,000 = 1.5% more or less.

Even though this didn't necessarily go to developers, it was a rather "meh" start to pump out that many coins in 1/3 of a day.

In May of 2013, there were 17.49 million LTC in existence. This makes the effective instamine of 2.5 %

Litecoin is lucky that it has enough space between it's launch and today to be able to sweep that start under the rug by saying it doesn't matter now . Calling it the fairest launch in history is a bunch of bullshit.

So 1.5% or less is pretty much the fairest launch in history.  Much better than Satoshi's BTC.

No handing out to the trusted favorites like NXT instamine, no DRK 50% instamine.  1.5% - is the worst that could be alleged.

Wrong again.

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins&#a_quick_introduction

See Bitcoin graphs...now, bitcoin will produce 1/4 of what litecoin will produce, so lets cut that 450,000 coins/8 hours down to 112,500 coins/8 hours to compare apples to apples.

As you'll note in the image, Bitcoin took 25 days to reach 112,500 coins. 25 days = 600 hours

Bitcoin mined 112,500 coins/600 hours
Litecoin mined 450,000 coins (the equivalent)/8 hours.

Litecoin clearly shows a rate of mining 75 times faster than Bitcoin in that instamine period.
and you want to say LTC was better than BTC in terms of instamining?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Whoisthelorax (OP)

Activity: 370
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:47:43 AM

BTW, Potcoin boasts a slower block halving than LTC or BTC and it had a .02% premine. That beats LTC.

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins&#potcoin

Namecoin also had a smooth start in terms of instamine, way better than Litecoin.

Please stop lying about Litecoin.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:52:10 AM

There's no sense for the average user to use Litecoin over Bitcoin

Except anyone trying to do arbitrage on exchanges.  

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 04:52:52 AM

guys, hows this?

LITECOIN IS BEST COIN!

-bm

buttersX

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:53:01 AM

Thanks for the link, btw, it's great!  I'm also glad they pointed out the Darkcoin problems, as they're pretty real and people seem to totally ignore them.  The only other write-up I saw on it was a blog post:

http://altkoinsempai.tumblr.com/

And now I'm going to duck out of this LTC hate/love fest :-)
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 04:54:32 AM

buttersX, more reason why everyone will revert to BTC.

this is the reason for all the FUD, they all know this.

-bm

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: