Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:42:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Litecoin hold the #2 spot? Doubtful..and here are the coins who will benefit  (Read 17742 times)
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:48:42 AM

This is fascinating to me in that about half the people here think LTC is going to skyrocket and the other half are expecting a slow death.

there is absolutely no way it can skyrocket.

this guy is just some pathetic cheerleader, he's probably watching his LTC empire evaporate before his very eyes.  Perhaps he's some other sort of peripheral investor, eg. he invested in LTC mining hardware.  Personally I think it's rather funny.  There is nothing looking up for LTC.

I guess I dont mean him any offense, it's just really pathetic to read this.

-bm

LOL I just bookmarked this , bluemeanie1 will look like the biggest fool once I bump this thread in a few months from now after Litecoin is on Coinbase and the rewards halved.

If Coinbase starts processing Litecoin, that would be a huge bump for Litecoin and in the short term Coinbase would make more money.  But in the long term they would be supporting a fractured economy.  I am pretty sure Coinbase wouldn't add Litecoin.  It goes against their goal of building a solid, unified, and fundamentally strong bitcoin ecosystem.  The last thing Coinbase wants to see is Bitcoin compromised.  

My guess is that they will add it when and only when it is a forgone conclusion that Litecoin is here to stay.  That simply isn't the case.  The price dropping and this thread is great proof of that.  

Under the hood Litecoin has some tech that is better than Bitcoin, buuuuuut it simply just doesn't have the wide spread adoption.  It is adoption and community that makes bitcoin valuable, not its hash or 10 minute block times verses 2.5 minutes.  

Also, the it is well known that all the Litecoin numbers out of China are totally faked.  They are straight up lying.  Charlie Lee has even openly admitted this.  So when you look at the charts and see great Litecoin volume and believe it and think that is an indicator of Litecoin's great success, you are sadly being scammed.  On top of that I am guessing the Litecoin bots in China make Willy and Marcus look like a joke.  Again, Charlie Lee has openly admitted it is a huge and openly known problem that China is scamming.  

right now the number 1 way to buy Litecoin in the USA is to buy BTC on Coinbase and transfer it to btc-e and then buy Litecoin. Do you think Coinbase doesn't know this ? why should they let btc-e get all the fees when they could be getting them. LTC on Coinbase is coming and I'll bet on that.

and you think Bitcoin China numbers are the true ? fake volume coming out of China is nothing new.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
El Dude

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:50:38 AM

at this point in time it's obvious you don't look at facts and just what to see your doge quarks or wtv other crapcoin you hold beat litecoin , instead of laughing in your face again I'll let you look at pictures since you might understand better.

Exactly, you see that slide in Litecoin's hashrate in the past week. When Litecoin goes to 0.01 as its trend clearly indicates and Dogecoin keeps slowly rising due to less coins hitting the market because of smaller rewards, the hashrates will meet each other (some time in July), and then separate again, but this time Dogecoin's would be at the top.

care to place a bet ?

devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:51:00 AM

Coinbase is more likely to add NXT next Smiley why would they want to add a loser whose market cap is falling. Coinbase has a money transmitter license in US, they understand they need to gain a large market share of NXT before someone else does.
newuser01

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:53:07 AM

Coinbase is more likely to add NXT next Smiley why would they want to add a loser whose market cap is falling. Coinbase has a money transmitter license in US, they understand they need to gain a large market share of NXT before someone else does.

ugh that would be so bad if it happens

devphp

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:54:44 AM

care to place a bet ?

1) Sure, escrow or just bet and hope we stand by our word? Smiley how much?

2) And July is the soonest I expect it, but I wouldn't bet on that. But somewhere before end of 2014 - that's for sure. If you're ok with the bet being before end of 2014?
devphp

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:55:42 AM

ugh that would be so bad if it happens

for whom?
El Dude

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:56:07 AM

Yup that's why Coinbase hired the creator of NXT because they want to add a shitty IPO coin.

I gotta get out of here my laughter is waking people up.

care to place a bet ?

2) And July is the soonest I expect it, but I wouldn't bet on that. But somewhere before end of 2014 - that's for sure. If you're ok with the bet being before end of 2014?

you said July

I'll bet 50 LTC that Litecoin has a higher hashrate then dogecoin on August 1st 2014.

devphp

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:02:41 AM

Yup that's why Coinbase hired the creator of NXT because they want to add a shitty IPO coin.

care to place a bet ?

you said July

I'll bet 50 LTC that Litecoin has a higher hashrate then dogecoin on August 1st 2014.

I corrected myself that July is the soonest I expect it, but I wouldn't bet on it. I would bet on "before end of 2014". If you're sure Litecoin is going to stay ahead of Dogecoin and Dogecoin will just die, it should be ok with you. That is, before January 1, 2015.

And sorry, I don't take Litecoins, as I don't expect them to cost much in 6 months, let's do 1 BTC as the common denominator.
El Dude

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:07:05 AM

care to place a bet ?

you said July

I corrected myself that July is the soonest I expect it, but I wouldn't bet on it. I would bet on "before end of 2014". If you're sure Litecoin is going to stay ahead of Dogecoin and Dogecoin will just die, it should be ok with you. That is, before January 1, 2015.

And sorry, I don't take Litecoins, as I don't expect them to cost much in 6 months, let's do 1 BTC as the common denominator.

6 months is too long.

devphp

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:08:09 AM

care to place a bet ?

you said July

6 months is too long.

Not, if you're sure about Litecoin as you claim to be.
NEM minnow

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:13:47 AM

When and if China's Willy and Marcus go solvent and pull a Gox, there won't be a recovery for Litecoin like there was for Bitcoin.  And the dudes running the exchanges in China really won't care.  They will be rich and they won't have legal repercussions because they haven't broke Chinese law.  The will keep your bitcoin and tell you that somehow a glitch in the system ate all your Litecoin.  Everytime I am in any exchange based out of China, I get in and out as soon as quickly as possible.  
TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:24:32 AM

When and if China's Willy and Marcus go solvent and pull a Gox, there won't be a recovery for Litecoin like there was for Bitcoin.  And the dudes running the exchanges in China really won't care.  They will be rich and they won't have legal repercussions because they haven't broke Chinese law.  The will keep your bitcoin and tell you that somehow a glitch in the system ate all your Litecoin.  Everytime I am in any exchange based out of China, I get in and out as soon as quickly as possible.  

Altcoin exchanges like bittrex are great since they based in the US. I was burnt by coinmarket.io.
NEM minnow

Activity: 104

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:25:50 AM

This is fascinating to me in that about half the people here think LTC is going to skyrocket and the other half are expecting a slow death.

this guy is just some pathetic cheerleader, he's probably watching his LTC empire evaporate before his very eyes.  Perhaps he's some other sort of peripheral investor, eg. he invested in LTC mining hardware.  Personally I think it's rather funny.  There is nothing looking up for LTC.

-bm

LOL I just bookmarked this , bluemeanie1 will look like the biggest fool once I bump this thread in a few months from now after Litecoin is on Coinbase and the rewards halved.

If Coinbase starts processing Litecoin, that would be a huge bump for Litecoin and in the short term Coinbase would make more money.  But in the long term they would be supporting a fractured economy.  I am pretty sure Coinbase wouldn't add Litecoin.  It goes against their goal of building a solid, unified, and fundamentally strong bitcoin ecosystem.  The last thing Coinbase wants to see is Bitcoin compromised.  

My guess is that they will add it when and only when it is a forgone conclusion that Litecoin is here to stay.  That simply isn't the case.  The price dropping and this thread is great proof of that.  

Under the hood Litecoin has some tech that is better than Bitcoin, buuuuuut it simply just doesn't have the wide spread adoption.  It is adoption and community that makes bitcoin valuable, not its hash or 10 minute block times verses 2.5 minutes.  

Also, the it is well known that all the Litecoin numbers out of China are totally faked.  They are straight up lying.  Charlie Lee has even openly admitted this.  So when you look at the charts and see great Litecoin volume and believe it and think that is an indicator of Litecoin's great success, you are sadly being scammed.  On top of that I am guessing the Litecoin bots in China make Willy and Marcus look like a joke.  Again, Charlie Lee has openly admitted it is a huge and openly known problem that China is scamming.  

right now the number 1 way to buy Litecoin in the USA is to buy BTC on Coinbase and transfer it to btc-e and then buy Litecoin. Do you think Coinbase doesn't know this ? why should they let btc-e get all the fees when they could be getting them. LTC on Coinbase is coming and I'll bet on that.

and you think Bitcoin China numbers are the true ? fake volume coming out of China is nothing new.

Bitcoin's numbers in China are faked.  But here is the problem.  Almost all Litecoin is based in China and Bitcoin is based around the world.   But a huge part of Bitcoin is based out of USD, and a lot of that isn't faked.  

Litecoin http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/coins/show/ltc

Bitcion  http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/coins/show/btc

Also, you are right that the easiest way to buy Litecoin is to first buy bitcoin on Coinbase.  So in effect, Coinbase is already making lots of money off of Litecon.  Every time somebody wants to buy Litecoin, they get 1% of that purchase via the buying of Litecoin.   If they sold Litecoin, directly yes they would make more money, but it would cut into their bitcoin sales a little.  

Ultimately, it just isn't in Coinbase's interest to list Litecoin.  
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:12:03 AM

-bm

Bitcoin's numbers in China are faked.  But here is the problem.  Almost all Litecoin is based in China and Bitcoin is based around the world.   But a huge part of Bitcoin is based out of USD, and a lot of that isn't faked.  

Litecoin http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/coins/show/ltc

Bitcion  http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/coins/show/btc

Also, you are right that the easiest way to buy Litecoin is to first buy bitcoin on Coinbase.  So in effect, Coinbase is already making lots of money off of Litecon.  Every time somebody wants to buy Litecoin, they get 1% of that purchase via the buying of Litecoin.   If they sold Litecoin, directly yes they would make more money, but it would cut into their bitcoin sales a little.  

Ultimately, it just isn't in Coinbase's interest to list Litecoin.  

Firstly I think its rather pointless talking about what exchange data was manipulated the most for what, much of bitcoins rise vs USD was due to fudged data by exchanges......nature of the beast around here, but no one forces the market to buy.

I take it when you say "Almost all Litecoin is based in China and Bitcoin is based around the world." you're just talking public exchange trading? Because the largest holdings of ltc certainly are not in china nor btc in the USA, and not all trading is done on public exchanges.
Heutenamos

Activity: 812

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:38:45 AM

If Coinbase starts processing Litecoin, that would be a huge bump for Litecoin

I find the Coinbase thing rather funny, I remember half year ago LTCoiners were promised to get LTC skyrocket after LTC is added to MtGox  Shocked

But you can buy LTC directly at btc-e for anybody interested...

yo
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:45:37 AM

You should contact Google and inform them..

About 4,450,000 results for "Litecoin"

i guess it will be 250 results in a month or two ?

Oh and get a hold of the growing Scrypt Asic Manufacturers Selling Asics and let them know they are wasting their time..
and while your at it go and tell all the people spending gigantic amounts of cash BUYING the Asic miners they are all wasting their money..

hmm seems to be an awful lot of money changing hands for a dead coin lol

i wonder if one person with a name i recognize will say the usual crap ?
Seems to me we only get stranger / noobs popping up with LTC is dead theories..
The experienced long time users in Crypto never seem to be the ones saying it Wink
hmm i wonder why ?
Conspiracy ?
hmmm.. maybe they are creating new dummy accounts to say that so they don't have to hear "I told you so" later ?

Liek omg i bought into Darkcoin BBQ111! so.. blah blah blha blaaaaah

and i say..
r
o
f
l

clutch them bags nubs ..lemme know how that works out for ya Wink

FUD first & ask questions later™
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:49:22 AM

You should contact Google and inform them..

About 4,450,000 results for "Litecoin"

i guess it will be 250 results in a month or two ?

Oh and get a hold of the growing Scrypt Asic Manufacturers Selling Asics and let them know they are wasting their time..
and while your at it go and tell all the people spending gigantic amounts of cash BUYING the Asic miners they are all wasting their money..

hmm seems to be an awful lot of money changing hands for a dead coin lol

i wonder if one person with a name i recognize will say the usual crap ?
Seems to me we only get stranger / noob popping up with LTC is dead theories..
The experienced long time users in Crypto never seem to be the ones saying it Wink
hmm i wonder why ?
Conspiracy ?
hmmm.. maybe they are creating new dummy accounts to say that so they don't have to hear "I told you so" later ?

Liek omg i bought into Darkcoin BBQ111! so.. blah blah blha blaaaaah

and i say..
r
o
f
l

clutch them bags nubs ..lemme know how that works out for ya Wink

YES to summarise; money talks bullshit walks Wink
TheCloser

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:30:55 AM

This thread is some bullshit. Litcoin is not going anywhere. In fact, I hope it stays in the $10-$15 range as it will be viewed as the blue collar currency.
slapper
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1100

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:38:23 AM

If Coinbase starts processing Litecoin, that would be a huge bump for Litecoin

I find the Coinbase thing rather funny, I remember half year ago LTCoiners were promised to get LTC skyrocket after LTC is added to MtGox  Shocked

But you can buy LTC directly at btc-e for anybody interested...

Actually I saw posts on Litecointalk where the entire focus was on some Chinese exchanges, in particular BTC China adding LTC/USD which would skyrocket LTC back in Dec/Jan. I don't think it happened and there was much disappointment. Since then several other reasons have been thrown including but not limited to Coinbase, and "Wall Street". While LTC is sometimes referred as a giant/long running scam, LTC community dismiss all other coins as PnD and reminds everyone of Aurocoin(sic).

Even if LTC rises, there will be too much selling. There are way too many coins out there. Coblee and warren keep LTC going, otherwise coin itself is not that great and the unwarranted communal arrogance from some is a major turn off.

One thing I would refute is the general perception that LTC is not profitable because of price stability.  There is a reason BTC-e trolls get a hard on for the 10/15 cents swings here and there. LTC/USD is profitable for skilled day traders/auto traders who have done their research on the market.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Saigonsmokes

Activity: 334

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:21:22 PM

I am heavily invested in both BTC and LTC

Stop moaning and accept both BTC and LTC will succeed.

For those who say Litecoin community do nothing.

http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/27654z/activities_in_the_litecoin_world_addendum_to/

Diversity people. Do your own research and ignore FUD.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: