Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:51:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Litecoin hold the #2 spot? Doubtful..and here are the coins who will benefit  (Read 17741 times)
Nexxie

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:00:45 PM

You all should keep an eye on NXT... Wink
Whoisthelorax (OP)

Activity: 370
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:02:51 PM

BTW, look up Namecoin, Hobonickels, Terracoin, Franko, Maxcoin, Potcoin, and Myriadcoin's starts. All better than Litecoin's start.

But like I said before...it almost doesn't matter what kind of a start you have these days. Shit, look at Darkcoin. Arguably one of the worst starts in crypto history and they have top 5 cred!

oh the Franko, need to buy that. sure it has more future than ltc.. no wait.. Hobo may have a better future.

I wasn't saying fair start = success...I was pointing out that this Litecoin developer is perpetuating a litecoin myth of "the fairest start".

obviously if you read my post i was hinting at the opposite!
peacefulmind

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:24:56 PM

You want to talk "insta-mine" or "pre-mine"?

How about NXT?  All NXT were mined INSTANTLY, and GIVEN to 50 people who were determined to be INFLUENTIAL FORUM members.

NXT better not say shit about fair starts - anyone with a CPU or GPU for two years could get thousands of LTC with it.

LTC = 1.0% pre-mine

NXT = 100% pre-mine

for NXT, 50 people got all of it at once.

And if Litecoin is going to fail WTF wouldn't these shitscams have failed first?  LTC has a growing hashrate!!  Security is increasing!!

If Litecoin is dead DOGE won't be here to benefit!

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....
Whoisthelorax (OP)

Activity: 370
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:43:28 PM

You want to talk "insta-mine" or "pre-mine"?

How about NXT?  All NXT were mined INSTANTLY, and GIVEN to 50 people who were determined to be INFLUENTIAL FORUM members.

NXT better not say shit about fair starts - anyone with a CPU or GPU for two years could get thousands of LTC with it.

LTC = 1.0% pre-mine

NXT = 100% pre-mine

for NXT, 50 people got all of it at once.

And if Litecoin is going to fail WTF wouldn't these shitscams have failed first?  LTC has a growing hashrate!!  Security is increasing!!

If Litecoin is dead DOGE won't be here to benefit!

Premines and IPOs are different, actually. But yeah that was a ridiculous IPO by NXT. And you mean to say LTC = 1.5% instamine.

TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:41:37 AM

Okay, I looked it up.  I was wrong and you were right.  Charlie Lee didn't say it.  His brother said it.  So when you forward my post to Charlie, go ahead and forward this link to him too.  It is his brother explaining the fake volumes in China on a youtube video covering Coin Summit.  Sooooo, yeah.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M12zzwNkCo&t=12m35s  He explains it in detail.

Otherwise, I commend you for your really long responses. 

Again, this video was made before Willy and Markus were known about and how exactly they crashed Gox.  Bobbie Lee is clearly explaining the same behavior going on like crazy in China and he also isn't happy about it.  Again.... Look at the numbers.  While there might be a ton of bag holders in the US holding Litecoin.  The volume is coming out of China.  I mean the fake volume.  http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/coins/show/ltc

I have now posted two links proving my points. 

You are great at replying but when/if you respond, please don't respond with "I'm going to tell Bobby you said that!"   Wink  You are very smart.  I am expecting!

Thanks for the compliment on the responses Smiley.

Ive seen that vid before I think, hence my last statement about agreeing with you about the fake data. Can't honestly say how much, but I doubt it's that much of a factor. At this point who knows. I do want to point out however the same fake volume was mostly referencing Bitcoin. I don't follow Chinese exchanges (because well, I dont speak Chinese), but dont most of them deal with BTC only?

Sorry about that, I was in a bad mood last night. And the other guys on here with the senseless drivel were becoming to much for me (not everyone here, the OP did produce some hard facts which I always appreciate during discussions). I would have replied sooner but you know, day job and family and all of that Wink.

I agree that so far there is no new good alt coin that has made things any more useable to Joe public.  They are mostly just clones plugging "innovation" but don't really do much more than Bitcoin when it comes down to it.  I would put Litecoin in that category too.  That is why it is not so interesting to me.  In fact, I would go as far as to say that Bitcoin is just barely being able to be used by Joe public as it is. 

I really hope not! I want to see BTC and Crypto's succeed!

I stopped reading with this blatantly incorrect assessment.

You do realize I'm the author of this article, right?

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins

NXT gets some of the harshest treatment.

I'm willing to call spade a spade. I think NXT had a terribad start. Just straight fugly. But I can't deny that my premise of artifical price rising seems to be inaccurate as NXT is steadily rising. It's not acting like a pump and dump. I still maintain that the process of NXT being instantly valued 50x or more (see article) is shady as hell. But I don't hate on coins to justify my guesses. Despite my complete distaste for how they started, I point out in this later article the likelihood of NXT gaining market share from a Litecoin collapse. A perfectly valid guess and I think pretty honest considering how I dont like NXT.

Not to mention I hate Darkcoin, but I have to be realistic at this point and expect them to gain some IN THE EVENT of a LTC drop.

But thanks for assuming everything I've done is to pump coins.

---

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that it doesn't seem to matter too much what kind of start you have as long as you get past your starting point without crumbling. Litecoin's instamine doesn't matter now!  Roll Eyes

I know you are the author of the article, and you are right, NXT was pretty harsh. I fully admit that when making my original post I lumped you in with the rest of the NXT folks here, my mistake.

Ok.....ill address your instamine issues. As im sure you know, LTC like BTC is governed by difficulty. And difficulty adjustment is every 2016 blocks. During a release, lets assume that there was a ton of people involved with mining it right off the bat. Naturally it would readjust targets accordingly, but because a coin release is an event like no other there are going to be some wild swings. Looking at the block difficulties, we can see some interesting data (I need to figure out how to look at the diff adjustments of the first days)

Block 1
0 diff
Block 2016
0 diff
Block 4032
0.001 diff
Block 6048
0.004 diff
Block 8064
0.016 diff
Block 10080
0.063 diff
Block 12096
0.090 diff

Your claim of 440,000 coins at 50 LTC per block would put us in the range of block 8800. There isn't a significant slowing of the LTC network until block 10080, which would really mean 504000 "instamined".

You may call this instamine, but I call it a great and successful launch. A coins launch is as I mentioned an unprecedented event, and I chalk this instamine to the network trying to figure out what to do with such a influx of new members joining it in such a short period of time. The launch as I mentioned in my previous post was extremely fair, more so then almost every other coin. I would kindly ask you to remove LTC from your "questionable alts section". I would hope that you are a reasonable person and can understand my response to your instamine claims.

bump

Yea sorry, that pesky day job gets in the way Wink.

BTW, the most recent reconnection to the btc pattern is not good for ltc. You don't want your coin missing the uplegs and repegging to the downlegs.

I'm really not worried at all Smiley. Plus at the end of the day its really about utilizing coins and not using them as an investment (I know I know, its a double edged sword now). I've explained the pegging up and down already in my previous post. I expect LTC to start rising again in 1-2 months time (which I have mentioned on numerous occasions). I'm a pragmatic person, I didn't think for a second once we got asics or listed on BTCChina we were going "to da moon" as my fellow LTCers thought. Ive written about the many variables involved with a coins price, and how one singular event is doubtful to change prices that significant (especially considering we are coupled to BTC's price).

The riding statement isn't correct either. I see the word ride and it looks like we are taking advantage of BTC with our price. As I mentioned before, its a coupling, which is a blessing and a curse.

Spoken like someone supporting Litecoin for the long haul. So instamine's are bad when other coins have it, but when ltc has it, its just a sign of a good start!

BTW, look up Namecoin, Hobonickels, Terracoin, Franko, Maxcoin, Potcoin, and Myriadcoin's starts. All better than Litecoin's start.

But like I said before...it almost doesn't matter what kind of a start you have these days. Shit, look at Darkcoin. Arguably one of the worst starts in crypto history and they have top 5 cred!

Ive addressed the instamine above. And yes I do support Litecoin in the long haul, I guess you dont know my work with LTC in the community? I figured you would have known that (well by the way you were addressing me).

I wasn't saying fair start = success...I was pointing out that this Litecoin developer is perpetuating a litecoin myth of "the fairest start".

obviously if you read my post i was hinting at the opposite!

I know I said it already but....lol

Yes it was very fair, and the instamine was addressed above.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
NEM minnow

Activity: 104

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:01:11 AM

Okay, I looked it up.  I was wrong and you were right.  Charlie Lee didn't say it.  His brother said it.  So when you forward my post to Charlie, go ahead and forward this link to him too.  It is his brother explaining the fake volumes in China on a youtube video covering Coin Summit.  Sooooo, yeah.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M12zzwNkCo&t=12m35s  He explains it in detail.

Otherwise, I commend you for your really long responses. 

Again, this video was made before Willy and Markus were known about and how exactly they crashed Gox.  Bobbie Lee is clearly explaining the same behavior going on like crazy in China and he also isn't happy about it.  Again.... Look at the numbers.  While there might be a ton of bag holders in the US holding Litecoin.  The volume is coming out of China.  I mean the fake volume.  http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/coins/show/ltc

I have now posted two links proving my points. 

You are great at replying but when/if you respond, please don't respond with "I'm going to tell Bobby you said that!"   Wink  You are very smart.  I am expecting!

Thanks for the compliment on the responses Smiley.

Ive seen that vid before I think, hence my last statement about agreeing with you about the fake data. Can't honestly say how much, but I doubt it's that much of a factor. At this point who knows. I do want to point out however the same fake volume was mostly referencing Bitcoin. I don't follow Chinese exchanges (because well, I dont speak Chinese), but dont most of them deal with BTC only?

Sorry about that, I was in a bad mood last night. And the other guys on here with the senseless drivel were becoming to much for me (not everyone here, the OP did produce some hard facts which I always appreciate during discussions). I would have replied sooner but you know, day job and family and all of that Wink.

I agree that so far there is no new good alt coin that has made things any more useable to Joe public.  They are mostly just clones plugging "innovation" but don't really do much more than Bitcoin when it comes down to it.  I would put Litecoin in that category too.  That is why it is not so interesting to me.  In fact, I would go as far as to say that Bitcoin is just barely being able to be used by Joe public as it is. 

I really hope not! I want to see BTC and Crypto's succeed!

I can respect that as an opinion even if it is not my stance.  You have your reasons and I get that. 

You could be right.  It is possible that Bobby Lee over spoke on the situation to drive traffic to his site as the "safe" option.  I personally don't think it is the case, but I can understand you not being swayed by his argument for this or other reasons. 

Look forward to more debates in the future.  Wink
NEM minnow

Activity: 104

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:14:07 AM

One more post and I am gone for a while.

Here are the links.

LTC over all picture. http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/coins/show/ltc
BTC-E breakdown: http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/markets/show/btc-e
BTCChina breakdown: http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/markets/show/btcchina
OkCoin breakdwon: http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/markets/show/okcoin
Bter breakdown: http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/markets/show/bter

You are right that in 3 out of 4 of these exchanges BTC is far and away more traded than LTC.  So generally it would seem that if these are honestly reflecting the market, that Chinese like BTC more.  

But if you look at OKCoin.  They only trade in LTC.  Unfortunately, like 80% of Litecoins assumed volume in the world is coming out of OKCoin.  Why would it be sooooo much bigger and powerful than the other other exchanges that offer even more options, I am not sure.   Undecided

So when I see LTC's traded volume for the day of 11,000, I am really thinking like 4,000 once the books are straightened out. I do think that this should have an effect on price if the liquidity of any coin is down 1/2 to 2/3 of what was actually being reported.  

4,000 BTC is still 10 times bigger than the next best thing, so LTC is still in a good position from that stance. 

But again, I think the biggest problem is that one of these big exchanges might pop because it has leveraged against itself, pulling a MT. Gox.  If they did, I think it would hurt the BTC market, but I think it could be much worse on LTC.  
trilltokill

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:23:46 AM

Does anyone think that once AndroidsTokens are fixed, that they could be implemented on the GooglePlay Market? If so that could turn mainstream in a hurry i would imagine? Im kinda just starting to get my feet wet (finally have over 2btc) and am just wondering what some of you guys think.
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:28:53 AM

I can respect that as an opinion even if it is not my stance.  You have your reasons and I get that. 

You could be right.  It is possible that Bobby Lee over spoke on the situation to drive traffic to his site as the "safe" option.  I personally don't think it is the case, but I can understand you not being swayed by his argument for this or other reasons. 

Look forward to more debates in the future.  Wink

As do I! Otherwise id be bored replying to people who say "LTC sucks because its bad so its dead" lol.

One more post and I am gone for a while.

Here are the links.

LTC over all picture. http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/coins/show/ltc
BTC-E breakdown: http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/markets/show/btc-e
BTCChina breakdown: http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/markets/show/btcchina
OkCoin breakdwon: http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/markets/show/okcoin
Bter breakdown: http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/markets/show/bter

You are right that in 3 out of 4 of these exchanges BTC is far and away more traded than LTC.  So generally it would seem that if these are honestly reflecting the market, that Chinese like BTC more. 

But if you look at OKCoin.  They only trade in LTC.  Unfortunately, like 80% of Litecoins assumed volume in the world is coming out of OKCoin.  Why would it be sooooo much bigger and powerful than the other other exchanges that offer even more options, I am not sure.   Undecided

So when I see LTC's traded volume for the day of 11,000, I am really thinking like 4,000 once the books are straightened out. I do think that this should have an effect on price if the liquidity of any coin is down 1/2 to 2/3 of what was actually being reported. 

4,000 BTC is still 10 times bigger than the next best thing, so LTC is still in a good position from that stance. 

But again, I think the biggest problem is that one of these big exchanges might pop because it has leveraged against itself, pulling a MT. Gox.  If they did, I think it would hurt the BTC market, but I think it could be much worse on LTC. 

I'm slightly drunk/tired, but something is funny with the links at first glance as you stated. Why does OKcoin have zero trade volume for BTC? And even at that, according to the ratio based on the prices displayed it equals .0159, which is fairly low......something isnt right.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
Watermelondea

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:58:25 AM

Bytecoin should be listed too...
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:18:05 AM

Original poster asked the wrong question.  The question he should have asked is, with a giant and expensive ASIC network being built for Litecoin, why is the price of LTC so low compared to Bitcoin?  Once LTC and BTC both have similar hardware infrastructure supporting the network, in a logical world, the price of LTC would go up and BTC go down.

Yes, smart rich people are betting untold millions on LTC network...
The price gap should narrow... which means LTC goes up (in a logical world).
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:50:34 AM

which means LTC goes up (in a logical world).

In a logical world a coin with most features and most security would be #1 right now. And it ain't bitcoin or litecoin.
Mythul

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:54:05 AM

For me LTC is pretty much dead really.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:46:52 AM

I think it is funny to see so many trying to grasp for the #2 spot.

Grin Grin Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

devphp

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:51:12 AM

I think it is funny to see so many trying to grasp for the #2 spot.

Grin Grin Grin

As an old member of the forum, can you make your wild guess predictions in this thread? What we see in Top 10 in 1 year. Would be very interesting to hear your thoughts.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=651681.0
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:04:10 AM

For me LTC is pretty much dead really.

+1. i always look like this when i see ppl endorse litecoin: Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy facepalm

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 08:32:26 AM

I think that it can hold it for a while longer, but that litecoin will fall. Darkcoin might be the one to overtake it, if you ask me.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:52:06 AM

Łitecoin is forever. It is the silver to Bitcoin's gold.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:53:09 AM

Łitecoin is forever. It is the silver to Bitcoin's gold.

rofl

silver my ass. litecoin is one of the worst clones of all without any feature whatsoever
its sunken

devphp

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:56:28 AM

Btc-e market expectations are the Litecoin will go below 0.01.

Open: https://btc-e.com/exchange/ltc_btc

2226.28 BTC in buy orders.
516172.25 LTC in sell orders.

2226.28/516172.25 = 0.00431 ltc/btc is the average price buyers are willing to pay, that's where the price is gravitating.

For LTC/USD it works out to $2.06 at this moment, not very encouraging either.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: