Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:13:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Litecoin hold the #2 spot? Doubtful..and here are the coins who will benefit  (Read 17740 times)
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:43:31 AM

lol number 1 what? v USD? I don't judge a cryptos worth on its price v USD. teller down the road from me, the coffeeshop down the road all accept ltc Smiley

#1 in cryptos (market cap, volume, adoption, whatever, everything). If you don't have ambition to be #1, you lose every time. If you have this ambition, you have a chance to win. Same principle anywhere.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:48:00 AM

lol number 1 what? v USD? I don't judge a cryptos worth on its price v USD. teller down the road from me, the coffeeshop down the road all accept ltc Smiley

#1 in cryptos (market cap, volume, adoption, whatever, everything). If you don't have ambition to be #1, you lose every time. If you have this ambition, you have a chance to win. Same principle anywhere.

can't see the AUD wanting to replace the USD and it does just fine Wink, nor do you see silver trying to replace gold, yet both have pretty decent value.

same principle anywhere my ass, same principle nowhere in currency or commodities. 
devphp

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:52:12 AM

can't see the AUD wanting to replace the USD and it does just fine Wink

That's because the Aussie government made it the only legal tender on the Aussie territories by power of law Smiley You can't compare fiat currencies with cryptos, as there is no preferential treatment for cryptos in the law. Some countries outright ban all of them, some are more friendly, but no country has made any crypto a legal tender yet, that's why all cryptos are in the same position in any given jurisdiction and can compete only on their own merits.

nor do you see silver trying to replace gold, yet both have pretty decent value.

Silver to Bitcoin's gold is a false statement, because in real world silver has qualities that no other metal has, that's why silver is valued. LTC doesn't have unique qualities compared to Bitcoin and doesn't even want to implement them per your words.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:57:42 AM

That's because the Aussie government made it the only legal tender on the Aussie territories by power of law Smiley

Actually Australia's the one place that's not the case, written into Australia law is the right for any citizens to use whatever currencies they so choose for trade.
devphp

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:03:03 AM

Actually Australia's the one place that's not the case, written into Australia law is the right for any citizens to use whatever currencies they so choose for trade.

Sure, but businesses are obliged to accept only AUD for their goods and services and pay taxes in them, effectively making all other currencies redundant. This gives AUD exclusive rights in that land. Same goes for all fiat currencies in their respective lands. For cryptos it's different, that's why you can't make an argument that because AUD feels fine in Australia and is not replaced by USD, Litecoin would not be replaced by something else either. Cryptos are all over internet, they are not restricted by land boundaries, they can freely cross borders, hence there is only #1 and losers.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:56:03 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 10:12:32 AM by kelsey

Sure, but businesses are obliged to accept only AUD for their goods and services and pay taxes in them, effectively making all other currencies redundant. This gives AUD exclusive rights in that land. Same goes for all fiat currencies in their respective lands. For cryptos it's different, that's why you can't make an argument that because AUD feels fine in Australia and is not replaced by USD, Litecoin would not be replaced by something else either. Cryptos are all over internet, they are not restricted by land boundaries, they can freely cross borders, hence there is only #1 and losers.

what dribble even as stated before the coffee shop down the road accepts ltc. many places that accept btc accept ltc. easily can be a few crytos used successfully as currency, just not thousands created for the sake of making the devs and traders fiat.

by ur reckoning no crypto will take hold as a currency because of fiat use....so even btc would fail.

equally how do you explain mastercard and visa ?
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:29:59 AM

More I research and the longer I follow this crypto market the more I realise ltc will be the only alt that survives, the more people spit out the crapcoins the more likely ltc will remain number two to bitcoin.

That doesn't make sense to me at all. What am I supposed to say to someone who doesn't know about LTC?
It's harder to get, can be used in less places, and offers no advantage over BTC but they've branded themselves as silver to bitcoins gold?! At first it promised something different but now it is just like BTC but worse. I don't see it ever catching up or taking off. I even have some LTC and the only reason I haven't sold it yet is because I'd kick myself if an event like November happened again. I think a lot of people are expecting a big jump like before for some reason. I'm about ready to cut my losses as it doesn't look like it's going to happen though. As time goes on it appears LTC will just bleed out and slowly die...
Bizmark13

Activity: 462

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:34:20 AM

There is one valid functional use for Litecoin that no-one here has mentioned yet. LTC is great for trading altcoins with sub-satoshi values. That's why exchanges have both BTC and LTC markets.

You could argue that because of this quality, Litecoin is comparable to silver's role. Back when coins contained precious metals, less valuable coins would have been too tiny if they were made of gold, so they used silver to make these instead.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:35:18 AM

More I research and the longer I follow this crypto market the more I realise ltc will be the only alt that survives, the more people spit out the crapcoins the more likely ltc will remain number two to bitcoin.

That doesn't make sense to me at all. What am I supposed to say to someone who doesn't know about LTC?
It's harder to get, can be used in less places, and offers no advantage over BTC but they've branded themselves as silver to bitcoins gold?!

What advantages does btc have over fiat? Its harder to get, used in alot lot lot less places and offers no advantages over fiat.
dillpicklechips

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:37:24 AM

BTC....and offers no advantages over fiat.
REALLY?!
devphp

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:38:48 AM

by ur reckoning no crypto will take hold as a currency because of fiat use...

This is an interesting interpretation, but no, I didn't mean that.

What I meant is, no other fiat currency will take hold in a land where a native fiat currency is made legal tender. However, the Zimbabwe case is interesting to study, I believe they use USD now, and some other countries that experienced severe hyperinflation in the past also used to turn to more stable fiat currencies in their daily transactions, although taxes still had to be paid in their native currency.

As for why you assumed that I meant no crypto can take hold as a currency I am not sure. I am sure crypto will not be made legal tender in any country, meaning businesses will not be obligated to accept it. If they do, it will be their own free will. In some countries cryptos will banned. Both of these circumstances do not add to use cases for cryptos, hence we can safely assume that the competition among cryptos will be as severe as anything under the sun, because they have to compete not only for fiat users, but also to grab market share from each other. Which means there is not much space for a few cryptos, the winner will have over 90% of the market, the others will be losers.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:39:51 AM

BTC....and offers no advantages over fiat.
REALLY?!

Name some?
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:41:39 AM

You could start with it doesn't have an anon dev that still holds around almost 1 million.
dillpicklechips

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:43:04 AM

You could start with it doesn't have an anon dev that still holds around almost 1 million.
Because everyone who holds large amounts of LTC is known?
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:44:48 AM

Because everyone who holds large amounts of LTC is known?

Well those I know who have aren't the anon dev.
dillpicklechips

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:47:43 AM

Kelsey, do you see LTC ever replacing BTC or just being second place forever? What advantages do you see with LTC?
Arbitrageur

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:07:45 PM

What advantages does btc have over fiat? Its harder to get, used in alot lot lot less places and offers no advantages over fiat.

this was worth a good crack!

1M from anon dev, and over 500k stolen by a fat idiot.
CryptoGuu

Activity: 321

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:08:28 PM

Kelsey, do you see LTC ever replacing BTC or just being second place forever? What advantages do you see with LTC?

Who care's what he thinks? He is obv trolling.

I think NXT is gonna take litecoins #2 place in like 2-6 month.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:14:13 PM

Who care's what he thinks? He is obv trolling.

yeah says the 7 post newbie...... Roll Eyes
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 12:15:28 PM

These panic sell threads... Open the charts, check long-term, come back and only then spill your garbage.
Thank you

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: