Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:03:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Arguments for Litecoin?  (Read 1088 times)
Bubbles06 (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:11:26 PM

What are the arguments for Litecoin at this point?

Has the Litecoin dev team been doing anything to keep up with the technological progress of cryptocurrencies?

Bitcoin has market penetration and widespread name recognition, but I'm honestly struggling to see what Litecoin has going for it?

I hold no altcoins btw. So this is a purely information seeking post. I'm curious what a coin with 300 mil market cap is doing to keep it's spot as the silver to bitcoin's gold. If I were involved in Litecoin I would be on red alert and recruiting the strongest dev team possible to keep up. Hell, with the right upgrades there's no reason why Litecoin couldn't make huge inroads into bitcoin's market share if they pushed forward with improvements.

What would be really interesting is if Litecoin was still the number 2 coin by market cap by next year if there were no significant changes to the codebase. If this were to happen what do you think this would say about the crypto market overall?

I would love to invest in Litecoin knowing there was a passionate group of adopters behind it ready to push it ahead of the pack via techological progress. Is there?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sadface

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:16:57 PM

age, adoption

it was just there before the flood of altcoins and you can use it for way more stuff than any other altcoin.
its spot is still justified to me.

maybe explore the litecoin forum a bit and check whats going on.
ymer

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:30:39 PM

All your FUD about Litecoin won't keep your DRK at the current price, stop trying so hard.
sed

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:46:05 PM

age, adoption

it was just there before the flood of altcoins and you can use it for way more stuff than any other altcoin.
its spot is still justified to me.

maybe explore the litecoin forum a bit and check whats going on.

I think this is right.  Post 3 just seems like trolling.  As far as I've been able to see, litecoin doesn't have any of the physical adoption of bitcoins (where your local cafe accepts) but a lot of online markets that accept btc also accept ltc.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:58:27 PM

BTC, LTC, and Doge are the only 3 coins you can really spend anywhere.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:59:44 PM

If you choose which scrypt coin to invest in, I'd pick Dogecoin. Technology is the same, but Dogecoin's community can make things happen as the history shows. However, both Litecoin and Dogecoin would make you worry about 51%-attack all the time just like Bitcoin, which isn't very good for your health. Choose healthy coins, like NXT Smiley
Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:09:53 PM

All your FUD about Litecoin won't keep your DRK at the current price, stop trying so hard.

Yet people keep spreading FUD about a coin that actually is more innovative than an exact clone of bitcoin except for the name and algo?
uvt9

Activity: 300

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:36:54 PM

Litecoin is centralized in China. Majority of hash rate and trading activity is happening inside China.

China crypto market is dying because of hostile policies from central bank. So the future of Litecoin seems to be bad.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:08:25 PM

It's hard to justify LTC existence anymore now that scrypt ASICs are in the wild. The whole decentralized thing has long since went away so you're left with an exact offering of BTC w/ a different algo, 4x the max coinage and 1/4 the confirm time. Hardly feature worthy of a $300 million market cap against the first-to-market Bitcoin with far more brand recognition, merchant adoption, and infrastructure build out. And those lack of features justify the 28,800 new coins mined everyday? Hella inflation eating at the core.

Given the investment option, I'd invest in BTC over LTC everyday of the week.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

It's hard to justify LTC existence anymore now that scrypt ASICs are in the wild.

You can just as easily say, how can you justify the price of Bitcoins when Litecoin will have a similar network of ASIC yet be far cheaper per coin.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
TheCloser

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:28:09 AM

Yet people keep spreading FUD about a coin that actually is more innovative than an exact clone of bitcoin except for the name and algo?

Masses will not enter the market because of innovation or technology. They will enter because of age, stability, and merchant adoption.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:00:44 AM

it is simple

a good coin investment, i have read, is determined by its network

the stronger the network, the stronger security, adoption, markets, development etc etc

there is your choice

Grin
E-valuta

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:02:21 AM

I'd say the name, age and spread.

I adviced my friend to change his LTC back to BTC or something else actually but.. I can see it might og very well for litecoin. It all Depends on how stuff Plays out, extremely hard to speculate. I think though, that BTC will skyrocket(who doesn't`?). This will make many altcoins skyrocket aswell, many alot more than BTC. Litecoin could very well be 1 of the major, but not With a steady Growth.. its because the bubble needs something to spill over on. Then name, age and spread is very Nice attributes that for the moment of rally might weigh more than technological solutions or potential. For steady Growth and smart Investment though theres at least 5 other e-currencies id pick before LTC.
peacefulmind

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:19:07 AM

maybe because you can buy real things with it?  It is years old, trusted, established and liquid?

Litecoin is the #2 accepted coin by merchants - www.eGifter.com accepts LTC as one example of thousands.

It is the only coin other than Bitcoin to have specialized hardware purpose manufactured to support its own network.

So much money has been invested into the LTC ecosystem now it is not going anywhere.  ASICs are a long run strength, not a weakness.  If you think your old AMD cards determines the future of crypto you are self-deluded kid.  This is a seminal achievement, also because sCrypt ASICs are much more expensive to produce than BTC ones were.

Few other reasons:

Charlie Lee.

Warren Togami.

Coinbase - Charlie is now assistant chief of engineering with seven direct reports to him.  He has stated in IRC he will have Coinbase accepting IRC or he will quit.  He said he did not expect to quit. Smiley

The fairest launch of any coin including Bitcoin.

The Litecoin Association just got legal 501c status and will be accepting board members from industry to form a major trade group.

There are so many more I am not going to list them all.

This thread is the wet dream of everyone who owns a shitcoin.  NXT will definitely have its place, but LTC is not going anywhere.  DRK will be made illegal.  DOGE is technically flawed and will be 51% attacked by a huge ASIC farm.

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....
peacefulmind

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:21:33 AM

It's hard to justify LTC existence anymore now that scrypt ASICs are in the wild.

You can just as easily say, how can you justify the price of Bitcoins when Litecoin will have a similar network of ASIC yet be far cheaper per coin.

Also This.

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:10:02 AM

What are the arguments for Litecoin at this point?

Has the Litecoin dev team been doing anything to keep up with the technological progress of cryptocurrencies?

Bitcoin has market penetration and widespread name recognition, but I'm honestly struggling to see what Litecoin has going for it?

I hold no altcoins btw. So this is a purely information seeking post. I'm curious what a coin with 300 mil market cap is doing to keep it's spot as the silver to bitcoin's gold. If I were involved in Litecoin I would be on red alert and recruiting the strongest dev team possible to keep up. Hell, with the right upgrades there's no reason why Litecoin couldn't make huge inroads into bitcoin's market share if they pushed forward with improvements.

What would be really interesting is if Litecoin was still the number 2 coin by market cap by next year if there were no significant changes to the codebase. If this were to happen what do you think this would say about the crypto market overall?

I would love to invest in Litecoin knowing there was a passionate group of adopters behind it ready to push it ahead of the pack via techological progress. Is there?

Good question. Time for you to go do your research.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

hashnine

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:19:57 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2014, 06:32:43 AM by hashnine

maybe because you can buy real things with it?  It is years old, trusted, established and liquid?

Litecoin is the #2 accepted coin by merchants - www.eGifter.com accepts LTC as one example of thousands.

It is the only coin other than Bitcoin to have specialized hardware purpose manufactured to support its own network.

So much money has been invested into the LTC ecosystem now it is not going anywhere.  ASICs are a long run strength, not a weakness.  If you think your old AMD cards determines the future of crypto you are self-deluded kid.  This is a seminal achievement, also because sCrypt ASICs are much more expensive to produce than BTC ones were.

Few other reasons:

Charlie Lee.

Warren Togami.

Coinbase - Charlie is now assistant chief of engineering with seven direct reports to him.  He has stated in IRC he will have Coinbase accepting IRC or he will quit.  He said he did not expect to quit. Smiley

The Litecoin Association just got legal 501c status and will be accepting board members from industry to form a major trade group.

This thread is the wet dream of everyone who owns a shitcoin.  NXT will definitely have its place, but LTC is not going anywhere.  DRK will be made illegal.  DOGE is technically flawed and will be 51% attacked by a huge ASIC farm.

Can i laugh about you just 2 minutes? ok ty

Cheesy Cheesy

ps: litecoin survive due to ASICS. only, when ASICS will be released for x11 algo, your litecoin will die in few seconds  Cool.

Careful XC anonymous coin is a scam
TheCloser

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:35:11 AM

maybe because you can buy real things with it?  It is years old, trusted, established and liquid?

So much money has been invested into the LTC ecosystem now it is not going anywhere.  ASICs are a long run strength, not a weakness.  If you think your old AMD cards determines the future of crypto you are self-deluded kid.  This is a seminal achievement, also because sCrypt ASICs are much more expensive to produce than BTC ones were.

Few other reasons:

Charlie Lee.

Warren Togami.

Coinbase - Charlie is now assistant chief of engineering with seven direct reports to him.  He has stated in IRC he will have Coinbase accepting IRC or he will quit.  He said he did not expect to quit. Smiley

This thread is the wet dream of everyone who owns a shitcoin.  NXT will definitely have its place, but LTC is not going anywhere.  DRK will be made illegal.  DOGE is technically flawed and will be 51% attacked by a huge ASIC farm.

Can i laugh about you just 2 minutes? ok ty

Cheesy Cheesy

ps: litecoin survive due to ASICS. only, when ASICS will be released for x11 algo, your litecoin will die in few seconds  Cool.

The same death hirocoin is currently dealing with? Let me know how that x11 shit is working for ya in 6 months when there's a new flavor stick everyone is sucking on.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 01:55:20 PM

Age = stability, security, prosperity

sed

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:36:54 PM

BTC, LTC, and Doge are the only 3 coins you can really spend anywhere.

Where can you spend Doge?  I thought it was just an internet fad.  Are there shops that are taking it?  Maybe I'm crazy but I would short that stuff like crazy if I was into trading.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: