Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:13:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New 400 BTC Bounty Pales Roger Ver's 37.6 BTC Bounty for Return of Stolen BTC  (Read 18338 times)
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:05:28 PM

Paying 50k would be acknowleging davouts missbehaviour.. No way they'll settle. Bitcoin is war.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:17:02 PM

Any French can reach Davout easily because he is not hiding at all.
On the contrary, he goes to many meetup.

This is really weird. Why isn't he hiding if he stole so much Bitcoins ?
Why didn't he disappear and live a good life ??

And why are you ready to give 400 BTC ??

ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:20:23 PM

Co create enough preassure, so thing acctualy happens....
Tho, if guy is not hiding, than well...no legal terms or BTC bounty is needed...

Nicolas Dorier

Activity: 714
Merit: 619

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:20:53 PM

Sun Tzu Style :
Those skilled in defense can hide in plain sight.
Smiley

Bitcoin address 15sYbVpRh6dyWycZMwPdxJWD4xbfxReeHe
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:26:24 PM

Paying 50k would be acknowleging davouts missbehaviour.. No way they'll settle. Bitcoin is war.

Or it could be settling for loosing his BTC after the InstaWallet Hack.

Other members got some money back.
Why shouldn't PG, and I think he has given Davout a fair deal here.
Just what it cost him.

Like I said if I was Davout, I would pay out the 50K and make a public notice that PG (just like other members) was refunded some of the lost money from the InstaWallet hack.
Cryptogirl82

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:36:14 PM

Back story on how Roger Ver did it: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2642600/Are-going-order-hitman-kill-Digital-currency-millionaire-known-The-Bitcoin-Jesus-turns-tables-blackmailer-placing-20-000-online-bounty-head.html

'Are you going to order a hitman to kill me now?' Digital millionaire 'Bitcoin Jesus' turns tables on blackmailer by placing $20,000 online 'bounty' on his head

- Hacker 'Nitrous' had seized control of email account belonging to Roger Ver
- He threatened to sell-on his personal information unless ransom was paid
- But Ver offered reward on Facebook offering same sum for Nitrous's capture
- Terrified Nitrous quickly backed down offering cowering apology
- Mr Ver is believed to have amassed a small fortune through Bitcoin currency
- It is linked to the SilkRoad marketplace where hitmen are offered for sale

By DANIEL MILLER

PUBLISHED: 04:05 EST, 29 May 2014 | UPDATED: 08:35 EST, 29 May 2014

A millionaire businessman known as 'The Bitcoin Jesus' turned the tables on a hacker who was attempting to blackmail him by offering $20,000 worth of the digital currency as a reward for his capture.

U.S. born Roger Ver has amassed a small fortune in Bitcoins after investing heavily from 2011 and using the currency, which has since exploded in value, to back a number of start-up firms.

But last week he received a threatening message from a hacker known as Nitrous who had taken control of an old Hotmail account using it to steal personal information including Mr Ver's social security and passport numbers.

Nitrous then threatened to sell the information to fraudsters unless Mr Ver paid him 37 bitcoins - worth a cool $20,000, Wired magazine reports.

Although Mr Ver is believed to be easily be able to afford such a sum, he refused to pay up and instead used Facebook to offer the same amount as a reward for information that would lead to Nitrous's arrest.

While Bitcoin is often trumpeted as simply being a libertarian currency and way to move money across international boundaries it is heavily linked to the sinister online marketplace SilkRoad where drugs, guns and even hitmen are offered for sale.

Soon after the bounty was placed on Facebook a clearly terrifed Nitrous backed down contacting Mr Ver with a cowering apology.

He wrote: 'Sir, I am sincerely sorry. I am just a middleman. I was being told what to tell you.
'Are you going to order a hitman to kill me now?'

Response: Mr Ver posted this message on Facebook after which the hacker quickly backed down

It was a far cry from the blackmailer's original messages in which he brazenly threatened to exploit Mr Ver after seizing control of the old email account which Mr Ver had used several years ago to register the internet domain memorydealers.com for his computer parts business.

After taking over the account Nitrous was not only able to access Mr Ver's personal information but also that of his mother which he threatened to sell to 'fraudsters' who would 'ruin both of your lives'.

'I think we both know this won’t be pleasent [sic] and let’s be honest: there is nothing you can do to have me caught. I’ve been around too long,' Nitrous wrote, before adding: 'I have to say: I respect you as a BTC user/icon.

'Let's be honest I will sell your information to fraudsters that will credit f*** you then get your moms social and credit f*** her too and ruin both your lives.'

'37.6 BTC isn't worth s*** to you, the damage I cause to you financially/family-wise will be way worse than that.'

Mr Ver, who is now based in Japan, decided to stall for time, attempting to negotiate with Nitous, while he and close associate Jason Maurice, chief hacking officer of Japanese security startup Wiz Technologies, attempted to wrestle back control of the hacked accounts.

After an hour-long exchange through Skype, Nitous attempted to up the ante, threatening to 'own' Ver 10,0000 times harder.

'You Fag,' he wrote. 'Listen, my mom needs a liver transplant that starts at $15,000, man…I am so sorry for having to do this, but it’s just what I have to do.'

But Ver cooly responded by posting a link to the Facebook post offering the reward and Nitrous quickly backed down.

He then wrote: 'Sir, I am sincerely sorry I am just a middleman I was being told what to tell you.

'I was seriously being told what to tell you by someone else I don't even know what's going on.

'Please stop I am so sorry I told him that you are now going to have me killed over something he made me do I didn't even do this it was someone else.'

Mr Ver said he has not been contacted by the hacker since.

In the spirit of the above, Brock Pierce suggested to the person who had their bitcoins stolen to mound a similar campaign, thus amassing the troops, so to speak, so that at least one person could reap the reward when the stolen bitcoins are returned.

The amount of bitcoins stolen was 1,132 BTC.

The person they were stolen from was me, Bruno Kucinskas, a.k.a. Phinnaeus Gage on this forum.

The bitcoins were stolen on April 1, 2013, during the infamous InstaWallet "hack".

The person who stole the bitcoins is David François (David Francois), a.k.a. davout of InstaWallet/Paymium, et al. and staff on this forum.

The bitcoins resided in two URL wallets: 1,000 BTC here https://www.instawallet.org/w/rL2DhMWW9tDvs24oFwtiq99zhh7A3ii6bg and 132 BTC here https://www.instawallet.org/w/gZh1afVVl5aAtjNwXo0BiYChTxjwln33ab

I filed three claims at the earliest possible time, the other being for only 0.835 BTC. At first David François wasn't going to honor that claim in spite of offering up various proof that that wallet was indeed mine. The reason for him not wanting to do such is because he knew that the IP associated with that one URL coincided with the the other two URLs Paymium continues to not recognize.

At the onset of the InstaWallet fiasco, all three URLs didn't have a bitcoin wallet associated with the generated pages. It wasn't till after I brought it to Boussac's attention that the lesser bitcoin-containing wallet was well-document that it mysterious had the associated wallet address visible on the URL generated site. This is why they refuse to release the name of the forensics auditor(s) because there wasn't one (or more, according to Boussac), in spite of them saying they couldn't because of some fuckin' idiotic NDA clause.

InstaWallet is now officially off-line in spite of ~20K wallets yet to be refunded, with only >1K wallets returned to their rightful owners, in spite of all the principals of Paymium being refunded first.

It is well-documented that David François announced a week prior to the "hack" that he was going on vacation for a week, but not returning to this forum until April 18, 2013, leaving Boussac - Pierre Noizat - to start and man a InstaWallet claims thread of which is now locked in spite of still owing ~20K wallet claims, according to their estimates.

After hundreds of requests, David François, et al. has refused to name the independent auditors (plural, according to Boussac, singular, according to davout, as stated on this forum) that conducted the investigation, over and beyond what the French PD supposedly conducted.

I firmly believe that my 1,132 BTC is currently residing in one of David François' fat-ass bitcoin wallets, namely https://blockchain.info/address/16d1yGrEDqSY1xhCnAUWrkahGY2mkWdAYk, of which 1,384.35491053 BTC can still be found there.

The above address was amassed during the shutdown of InstaWallet and Bitcoin-Central, with the funds funneled to said address above via some sort of creative Bitcoin Money Laundering, i.e. one of the gambling bitcoin dice sites (not Satoshi Dice).

All three principals of Paymium have acted like assholes during the entire InstaWallet fiasco to their non-customers, a term they coined and used.

Boussac put me on ignore from the moment I entered the InstaWallet claims thread.

Davout now has me on ignore and ceased all communications with me.

Boussac was approached in Amsterdam prior to going on stage at the recent Bitcoin conference held there, and refused to discuss any of the InstaWallet claims.

Bitcoin-Central, owned by David François, is supposedly backed by a bank, when in fact it's back by Lemon Way, an app provided, who three days prior to the InstaWallet "hack" inquired on its Twitter account how to go about obtaining bitcoins, all the while being walking distance from Paymium's backdoor.

Details of the 400 BTC bounty can be seen in Post #3 of this thread, with Post #2 reserved for when I'm duly compensated.

~Bruno Kucinskas

So is Roger Ver also on this forum? What is his name here?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
madmat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:38:30 PM

I don't think so, the quote is not a post quote.
S4VV4S

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:39:53 PM

I don't think so, the quote is not a post quote.

Satoshi is a member here tho  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
S4VV4S

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:49:01 PM

Like I said if I was Davout, I would pay out the 50K and make a public notice that PG (just like other members) was refunded some of the lost money from the InstaWallet hack.

Like I said, Davout has accepted the deal I proposed here, so let see if OP will honor is bounty

I'm available here or by PM to write agreement in the stone

I have a lawyer available to settle the agreement, that I will pay on my part of the Bounty.

That's great news man!

Well I hope PG get's what he believes it's fair for his loss.
e4xit

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:02:28 PM

Phinnaeus just one question:

How can you prove that the BTC is yours? I have not seen signed transaction from the originating address in any of your many rants about this and, it's not that I don't believe you, but I am slightly surprised that you havn't volunteered this as it seems to be the sort of evidence you might call for yourself if the shoe was on the other foot...?

Anyway, good luck either way.

Not your keys, not your coins.
CoinJoin, always.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:17:25 PM

Funny thing is from what I remember there wasn't even a 'hack'. It was simply an issue of some people losing money in their wallets due to search engines indexing their wallets. So instawallet shut down to minimise damage.

The fact that they've just decided to keep all this money to themselves with no explanation is pretty incredible.

As much as I often disagree with things the US government does, at least they go after people like Trendon Shavers, who ended up with a much smaller amount stolen from people on here. And it seems there's no one to go after these guys despite them pulling off a million+ dollar scam.
laurentmt

Activity: 384
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:45:50 PM

57M Frenchies walk into a bar. One said, "There's almost 18M more behind us ready to surrender." Whereupon the bartender replied, "You lost me at 'behind', now what'll be?" Then another Frenchie cried out, "Let's ignore this place!"

"The problem with the American is that they don't have a word for cliché." - George W. Bush

All jokes aside, considering the financial stake discussed in this thread, I'm sure that a lawyer would be pleased to work on this case for less than 400 btc.
Nammi

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:49:06 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2014, 02:02:08 PM by Nammi

How can you prove that the BTC is yours? I have not seen signed transaction from the originating address in any of your many rants about this and, it's not that I don't believe you, but I am slightly surprised that you havn't volunteered this as it seems to be the sort of evidence you might call for yourself if the shoe was on the other foot...?

That's exactly the center of the question discussed publicly in french meetup.
No one have seen this proof...

I don't understand why phinnaeus would pay 400BTC for 50K$, but I can write the agreement with him and make the deal

Davout will send to trusted escrow 50K$ (in dollard or BTC)
Phinnaeus will send to escrow 400 BTC

when escrow have both, he will send me 400 BTC and send Phinnaeus is 50K$

I will then send 300 BTC to Davout

We will all waive the right to terminate this agreement and to all actions regarding the instawallet service

My english is king of crappy, but you will have a real agreement translating this in good english by an international lawyer speaking flawless english  Smiley

Why the hell would he do that?Huh? Sending 250.000$ in exchange for 50.000$....Would be kind of stupid doesn't it?

Probably means this:

I don't think he will give you $250K in exchange for 50.

He will settle for 50K coming from Davout from what I understand to end this hunt.

The bounty is for everyone that can recover his 1,132 coins and to apply pressure to Davout to settle for 50K and call it a day.

If I was Davout I would pay 50K and end this.
kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:51:04 PM

That's exactly the center of the question discussed publicly in french meetup.
No one have seen this proof...

I don't understand why phinnaeus would pay 400BTC for 50K$, but I can write the agreement with him and make the deal

Davout will send to trusted escrow 50K$ (in dollard or BTC)
Phinnaeus will send to escrow 400 BTC

when escrow have both, he will send me 400 BTC and send Phinnaeus is 50K$

I will then send 300 BTC to Davout

We will all waive the right to terminate this agreement and to all actions regarding the instawallet service

My english is king of crappy, but you will have a real agreement translating this in good english by an international lawyer speaking flawless english  Smiley

Phinnaeus never said he would pay a 400 BTC bounty for 50k. Read post number 29 again. He said he would pay a 400 BTC bounty if he recovers the entire 1100+ BTC, and would pay a 1k bounty if he recovered 50k.

Honestly, it's a bit unrealistic to expect to retrieve over 1100 BTC. I suspect he should be going after the fiat value of the coins at the time they were stolen, which was probably ~50k.
madmat
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:55:48 PM

At today's exchange rate, the 400 BTC bounty equates to over a quarter of million dollars, or exactly $255,416 USD.

I prefer to use Rassah as escrow so that anybody who's entitle to the bounty would have an extra layer of trust to guarantee that they do get paid.

I will pay a 2% escrow fee (over and beyond Rassah's standard fee structure) outta my share to not lessen any bounty payout.

Ideally, I prefer to have the entire 1,132 BTC, sans the 400 BTC bounty amount, paid in full to me, but knowing that sometimes arbitration takes place, I'm willing to settle for a minimal amount, with anybody acting as liaison to broker their reward up to 100% of what I may finally recognize. The minimum I'm welling to settle for is $50K USD via BTC or fiat to compensate for my initial investment and the mega hours I have put into this fiasco, not to mention the stress.

I have played this game long enough in good faith, but Paymium, et al. actions, now lack thereof, leaves me no choice but to pursue this route.

I've stated this before, and will now do so again: Anybody having funds in Bitcoin-Central best get them out ASAP, for I have a funny feeling that they're about to be investigated for fraud and money laundering.

~Bruno Kucinskas

Here is the bounty, Am I crazy or is it written that he will settle for no less than 50K?

It is written
I'm willing to settle for a minimal amount, with anybody acting as liaison to broker their reward up to 100% of what I may finally recognize.

So you will never have more than what you get from davout
validium

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Decentralized thinking

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:00:50 PM

Like I said, Davout has accepted the deal I proposed here, so let see if OP will honor is bounty

I have a lawyer available to settle the agreement, that I will pay on my part of the Bounty.

I highly doubt davout is going to come through. But hey lets wait n see.

madmat
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:02:59 PM

I highly doubt davout is going to come through. But hey lets wait n see.

Davout is ready to give 50000$ to get 300btc, but Phinnaeus is not going to accept sardokan's deal.
Nammi

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:04:30 PM

Why the hell would he do that?Huh? Sending 250.000$ in exchange for 50.000$....Would be kind of stupid doesn't it?

Because it's exactly what he asked for the bounty

You think the bounty is stupid ? it would be stupid for me to not claim that bounty, no?

So let's see now if this bounty is real  Smiley

Well, I think you misread the proposal. Davout could settle for 50k$. The bounty of 400btc is when he gets the total amount of btc back. 2 different options...
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:06:16 PM

This deal is retarded.

madmat
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:08:48 PM

So you will never have more than what you get from davout

Oh, shit, that means Davout send him 50K$ and Phinneas send me back those 50K (But I would have to give them back to Davout and that would be stupid)

In this case, he should forgot the case

The easiest for him would be to publish proof that the BTC belong to him and start an action.

By publishing the TX ID of instawallet funding, and signing a message for proof he controls this address, because honestly, No one knows if the funds belong to him.

It's not that I take side for one or the other, but it's really the lake of proof that make this story going nowhere.

And shit, I have to improve my english if I want to claim bounties  Grin

I think you got a very good english lesson today  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: