Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 08:27:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New 400 BTC Bounty Pales Roger Ver's 37.6 BTC Bounty for Return of Stolen BTC  (Read 18341 times)
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 02:14:12 PM

What is it about FRENCH GUYS and Bitcoin?

Karpeles, those Dealco guys out of HK, now these scammers

French Bitcoiner = AVOID
The fucking French are a fucking nightmare.  Do not do any deals with French.  This is the only way they know how to profit because they have ZERO technical ability.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:18:37 PM

The fucking French are a fucking nightmare.  Do not do any deals with French.  This is the only way they know how to profit because they have ZERO technical ability.

Do you know french IT leads the world in implementation skills?  Cheesy

Nope, it's the Chinese.
They just don't brag about it because they don't want the world to know of their true power.

S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:24:57 PM

Nope, it's the Chinese.
They just don't brag about it because they don't want the world to know of their true power.

For implementation, are you serious? The little I have seen in china was total crap, with production servers hosted on fucking crappy desktop computers, with no backup, no fail over and so on  Grin

Maybe you want to say the cheapest?

Then you saw just very little in China.
Have you even been there or what you see on the internet?

Talking about crap equipment....
Who is the No. 1 ASIC manufacturer?
In terms of product quality, customer service and immediate delivery?

I am guessing the Chinese win again....
validium

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Decentralized thinking

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:25:15 PM

Do you know french IT leads the world in implementation skills?  Cheesy

Like??  You must be high or something...
The fucking French are a fucking nightmare.  Do not do any deals with French.  This is the only way they know how to profit because they have ZERO technical ability.

Do you know french IT leads the world in implementation skills?  Cheesy

Nope, it's the Chinese.

I agree

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:26:57 PM

The fucking French are a fucking nightmare.  Do not do any deals with French.  This is the only way they know how to profit because they have ZERO technical ability.
Do you know french IT leads the world in implementation skills?  Cheesy
Nope, it's the Chinese.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 02:33:52 PM

I've watched the whole Instawallet fiasco like a hawk because I had some BTC in Instawallet.
I never used Instalwallet, but I did keep an eye on how davout and boussac behaved during and after the incident because they are involved in other Bitcoin projects.

I started using it before davout bought or was given the funds from Jav.  Jav seemed like a trustworthy guy to me.  Even after davout got a hold of things I didn't have any reason to distrust him at the time.

I was to lazy to take it out  Had something like 50 BTC there, but considering they were like $3/BTC when I put them there it was $150.  I finally got off my ass and removed all but 20-something BTC like the day before the 'hack'.  I wonder how many others were doing the same thing and if a lot, if that triggered davout to pull the trigger.

The way they handled the situation looks to me consistent with what I'd expect from scammers.

I cannot agree with that fully.  In all honesty, it seemed to me like they went through a period of confusion then put together a workable strategy to get people payed off.  The nature of the solution being kind of privacy oriented made it a somewhat more difficult problem than it might have been.

I didn't get a strong sense one way or the other on the suspiciousness of the behavior early on.  My best guess at this point is that from day one they planned to skim the unclaimed wallets and had to have a shutdown to do it.  When the opportunity to nail an extra $1M at the expense of robbing one person who had already called them names came along, they could not resist.

Honest people would show some signs of remorse and humility after losing so much of other people's money - they were arrogant and hostile instead.

Sorry to be disagreeable, but I'm not sure I feel exactly the same way about that either.  I don't know a lot of French people, but they have a reputation for being conceited pricks.  (Not all of course.)  Davout and Boussac sort of match this stereotype so I personally cannot read a lot into that...and I'm a conceited prick myself but not dishonest and not a thief.

The way they handled the supposed investigation and audit was very suspicious.  That is the single biggest factor in swaying me to believe that they probably are crooks.

The name calling... tearing them a new asshole, so to speak, started after I realized wallet addresses no longer were part of the URL generated pages.

Boussac didn't hide the fact that he had me on ignore from the onset, never once addressing any of my concerns whether they were presenting with candy with honey on top or not. In fact, he skipped over a many questions still unanswered today that were asked in the nicest way possible.

I personnally tested my urls on the claim form and it worked.
If you are getting a 404 error it could be that your url is made up.
All instawallet urls that have received transactions are in the database.

Boussac (Pierre) you come back after ignoring questions and the first thing you say to a guy who has lost a shedload if coins is that maybe his URL is made up.

Way to go mate. Good job.

I am not ignoring questions steelboy I am ignoring people who threaten or insult me here or via PM (they are going on my ignore list).

There were three millions wallets created on instawallet.org: how could I possibly answer to everyone ?
The reason we set up an online claim process is precisely because we cannot deal with each and every user by email, post or PM.
Had I started using other means than an online form, I would have been swamped.

I will nonetheless make sure their claims are processed fairly if they come up with a valid url.

I penned this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167215.msg1867624#msg1867624

Boussac replys via altering the quote: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167215.msg1869048#msg1869048
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:47:05 PM

Phinnaeus just one question:

How can you prove that the BTC is yours? I have not seen signed transaction from the originating address in any of your many rants about this and, it's not that I don't believe you, but I am slightly surprised that you havn't volunteered this as it seems to be the sort of evidence you might call for yourself if the shoe was on the other foot...?

Anyway, good luck either way.

That's exactly the center of the question discussed publicly in french meetup.
No one have seen this proof...

I don't understand why phinnaeus would pay 400BTC for 50K$, but I can write the agreement with him and make the deal

Davout will send to trusted escrow 50K$ (in dollard or BTC)
Phinnaeus will send to escrow 400 BTC

when escrow have both, he will send me 400 BTC and send Phinnaeus is 50K$

I will then send 300 BTC to Davout

We will all waive the right to terminate this agreement and to all actions regarding the instawallet service

My english is king of crappy, but you will have a real agreement translating this in good english by an international lawyer speaking flawless english  Smiley

I highly doubt the 400 btc bounty would apply to a settlement of 50k.

edit: nevermind what I just wrote above this was just dealt with.

On the main topic:

It's bs if they're claiming he doesn't have proof.

He has the urls, the exact btc amounts, they can check the logs for ips ect. In this case that's all more than enough because with instawallet having the url is equivalent to have a private key. If he has these urls it's effectively the same as having ownership of the wallet. Especially when you can combine it with other evidence.
jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1097

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:54:33 PM

I don't know what's your claim really for. Roger offers a bounty because he doesn't even know who the hacker is. However, you know who's holding your bitcoin. Just use the 400BTC to pay a lawyer to sue them, or pay whoever to do whatever you want

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:56:54 PM

I hope that 400BTC is incentive enough for you to catch this guy...i really do.

Marlo Stanfield

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:01:38 PM

I don't know what's your claim really for. Roger offers a bounty because he doesn't even know who the hacker is. However, you know who's holding your bitcoin. Just use the 400BTC to pay a lawyer to sue them, or pay whoever to do whatever you want

He very likely doesn't have the 400 btc and the 400 btc are going to be coming out of the 1132 btc or whatever that Davout has.

This is more interesting then the average bitcoin theft/scam whatever, because the accused still participates in the community and apparently is continuing to do so with no ill effects.

Unless there are pieces of the puzzle I'm missing here that paint Davout in a better light. Because it looks pretty bad so far. But we've only heard one side of the story(which is somewhat telling).

I specifically remember when instawallet shut down and the owners were saying on this forum something along the lines of 'relax, everyone who was not affected by the address leak will be repaid'. And it's been a very long period of complete silence as far as I can tell. Has there been any progress at all, or even communication?
Marlo Stanfield

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:03:23 PM

I hope that 400BTC is incentive enough for you to catch this guy...i really do.

Catch him to do what?

Hit him untill he give a thousand BTC?

If someone do that, why the hell would he send them back for reward instead of keeping the coins ?

Because he said he would?
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:04:40 PM

He very likely doesn't have the 400 btc and the 400 btc are going to be coming out of the 1132 or whatever that Davout has.
This is more interesting then the average bitcoin theft/scam whatever, because the accused still participates in the community and apparently is continuing to do so with no ill effects.
Unless there's pieces of the puzzle I'm missing here that paint DAvout in a better light. Because it looks pretty bad so far. But we've only heard one side of the story(which is somewhat telling).
I specifically remember when instawallet shut down and the owners were saying on this forum something along the lines of 'relax, everyone who was not affected by the address leak will be repaid'. And it's been a very long period of complete silence as far as I can tell. Has there been any progress at all, or even communication?

Well, you're wrong on the last point. The discussion and conflict never ended since.

Do some research, it is an endless headache.
madmat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:07:14 PM

Bounty is quite clear for me. Whatever the means, if Phinnaeus Gage get its 1132btc back, the bounty will be given to the one who did the necessary for that.

400btc is so much money, that everything could happen, and it could ends badly for people related to the case.
Marlo Stanfield

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:10:52 PM

He very likely doesn't have the 400 btc and the 400 btc are going to be coming out of the 1132 or whatever that Davout has.
Unless there's pieces of the puzzle I'm missing here that paint DAvout in a better light. Because it looks pretty bad so far. But we've only heard one side of the story(which is somewhat telling).

Well, you're wrong on the last point. The discussion and conflict never ended since.

Do some research, it is an endless headache.

Alright, if Davout et al. are continuing communications with Bruno and the other customers then that is certainly better than nothing. I haven't come across a specific thread in the last year(or more?) dealing with the issue(other than Bruno's postings). I haven't been going out of my way to search for information either though. So if anyone wants to point me in the right direction it would be appreciated Smiley
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 03:14:11 PM

Delusional fuck copy & pastes entire log in case nobody has done such yet: http://pastebin.com/stagriEH

[9:29am] <10+davout> dub: yeah, that too
[9:30am] <10+davout> i'm waiting for phinneaus to show up on -assets again, so i can pierce him a second butthole in front of everyone
11[9:30am] [9:30am] csshih «~csshih@unaffiliated/csshih» has Quit iRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer11) 12«11187 people12»
11[9:30am] [9:30am] saulimus «~someone@mobile-internet-bceeac-12.dhcp.inet.fi» has Quit iRC (saulimus11) 12«11186 people12»
11[9:31am] [9:31am] adrrr «500c6ecf@gateway/web/freenode/ip.80.12.110.207» has Quit iRC (Ping timeout: 246 seconds11) 12«11185 people12»
[9:31am] <08@assbot> [MPEX] [S.MPOE] 39687 @ 0.00083753 = 33.2391 BTC
  • {3}
12[9:31am] [9:31am] csshih (~csshih@unaffiliated/csshih) has joined. 12«11186 people12»
[9:31am] <10+davout> !up starsoccer
09[9:31am] [9:31am] assbot sets mode: +v starsoccer
[9:31am] <10+davout> ;;gettrust assbot starsoccer
[9:32am] <10+gribble> Currently authenticated from hostmask starsoccer!~starsocce@207.12.89.33. Trust relationship from user assbot to user starsoccer: Level 1: 0, Level 2: 2 via 2 connections. Graph: http://b-otc.com/stg?source=assbot&dest=starsoccer | WoT data: http://b-otc.com/vrd?nick=starsoccer | Rated since: Sat May 12 23:07:51 2012
[9:32am] <10+davout> o, you can already voice yourself ><
[9:32am] <10+starsoccer> oo lol
[9:32am] <10+starsoccer> didnt realize
[9:32am] <10+kakobrekla> what did he do davout ?
[9:33am] <10+davout> kakobrekla: boiled down version goes something like this
[9:33am] <10+dub> the dude has <70 IQ, the end?
[9:33am] <10+kakobrekla> !b 2
[9:34am] <08@assbot> Last 2 lines bashed and pending review. ( http://dpaste.com/19RCWJ.txt )
[9:34am] <10+davout> "davout stole 1132 BTC from me, so let's do something really smart here, if someone manages to make him cough up that amount, he can send me 732 BTC and keep 400 BTC for himself"
[9:34am] <10+kakobrekla> aha lolk
[9:34am] <10+starsoccer> davout, send him 1132 btc
[9:34am] <10+starsoccer> pls
[9:34am] <10+starsoccer> lol
[9:34am] <10+davout> which boils down even further ti "donate 400 BTC to me"
[9:34am] <10+dub> 'but I'll settle for US$50k!'
[9:34am] <10+davout> s/ti/to/
[9:35am] <10+starsoccer> davout, fine send him 50k
[9:35am] <10+kakobrekla> fun
[9:35am] <10+starsoccer> then me and you split the 400btc
[9:35am] <10+starsoccer> Wink
[9:35am] <10+dub> now forum rocket scientists are like, SO IF I SEND YOU $50K YOU SEND ME 400BTC?!
[9:35am] <10+starsoccer> dub, exactly
[9:35am] <10+davout> starsoccer: i already have someone willing to do it for only 100 BTC, sorry!
[9:35am] <10+starsoccer> do what for 100 btc?
[9:36am] <10+starsoccer> you send him 50k USD then we split 400btc so you get 200btc and i get 200btc
[9:36am] <10+starsoccer> good day
[9:36am] <10+davout> kinda fun going into the office and have everyone be like "o hai, you have a 400 btc contract on your head" Cheesy
[9:36am] <10+kakobrekla> lol
[9:38am] <10+dub> haha
11[9:38am] [9:38am] kermit «unknown@pdpc/supporter/bronze/kermit» has Quit iRC (Leaving.11) 12«11185 people12»
[9:38am] <10+dub> HIRE SOME SERBS TO GET IT
[9:38am] <10+kakobrekla> i know some
[9:38am] <10+kakobrekla> i cal also hold escrow
[9:38am] <10+kakobrekla> can
12[9:38am] [9:38am] kermit (unknown@pdpc/supporter/bronze/kermit) has joined. 12«11186 people12»
12[9:39am] [9:39am] numerisTrade (~numerisTr@unaffiliated/numeris) has joined. 12«11187 people12»
12[9:40am] [9:40am] mircea_popescu (~Mircea@pdpc/supporter/silver/mircea-popescu) has joined. 12«11188 people12»
[9:41am] <10+kakobrekla> no takers ? boring.
09[9:41am] [9:41am] assbot sets mode: +v mircea_popescu
[9:41am] <10+mircea_popescu> hai there persons.
[9:42am] <10+dub> this sardokan guy is sure he is getting paid
[9:42am] <10+kakobrekla> hi
[9:42am] <10+Duffer1> hello
11[9:43am] [9:43am] cads «~m@c-50-160-191-71.hsd1.ga.comcast.net» has Quit iRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds11) 12«11187 people12»
[9:44am] <10+dub> ohshi- expedia
[9:44am] <10+mircea_popescu> benkay: state media academia << ty
[9:44am] <10+dub> nice
[9:45am] <10+davout> dub: he's being sardokanastic
[9:45am] <10+dub> ah, I was teetering that way but I err on the side of retard
[9:46am] <10+mircea_popescu> i feel so left out. who's sandokan ? other than some bollywood action star from the 80s
[9:46am] <10+mircea_popescu> ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VBoD92ui70 )
[9:46am] <08@assbot> Sandokan Tribute - YouTube
[9:46am] <10+kakobrekla> some forumite?
[9:47am] <10+davout> he's a french guy that i've met a couple of times, also forumite
[9:47am] <10+mircea_popescu> aha
[9:49am] <10+Apocalyptic> davout, did he post that on the forum ?
[9:49am] <10+davout> Apocalyptic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.0
[9:49am] <08@assbot> New 400 BTC Bounty Pales Roger Ver's 37.6 BTC Bounty for Return of Stolen BTC
[9:49am] <10+mircea_popescu> decimation: waiting around and doing nothing while you hope a magic "process" or "committee" or "standarization" will do your job constitutes at least 50% of western officeworker employment << the best part is that this used to actually work, a century or so ago.
[9:50am] <10+mircea_popescu> o wow wait
[9:50am] <10+mircea_popescu> phin put a 400 btc bounty on davout's head !?
[9:51am] <10+mircea_popescu> !up blackwhite
09[9:51am] [9:51am] assbot sets mode: +v blackwhite
[9:51am] <08@assbot> [MPEX] [S.MPOE] 17000 @ 0.0008361 = 14.2137 BTC [-] {2}
[9:51am] <10+mircea_popescu> ;;gettrust assbot blackwhite
[9:51am] <10+gribble> WARNING: Currently not authenticated. Trust relationship from user assbot to user blackwhite: Level 1: 0, Level 2: 0 via 0 connections. Graph: http://b-otc.com/stg?source=assbot&dest=blackwhite | WoT data: http://b-otc.com/vrd?nick=blackwhite | Rated since: never
[9:51am] <10+mircea_popescu> blackwhite the reason you can't say anything is that you';re not in assbot's l2 wot. have you been reading the logs or just idling idly ?
[9:52am] <10+mircea_popescu> davout what's the backstory on "At the onset of the InstaWallet fiasco, all three URLs didn't have a bitcoin wallet associated with the generated pages. It wasn't till after I brought it to Boussac's attention that the lesser bitcoin-containing wallet was well-document that it mysterious had the associated wallet address visible on the URL generated site. This is why they refuse to release the name of the forensics aud
[9:52am] <10+mircea_popescu> itor(s) because there wasn't one (or more, according to Boussac), in spite of them saying they couldn't because of some fuckin' idiotic NDA clause." ?
[9:52am] <10+blackwhite> I have just been busy so primarily just reading once in a while. Was more involved earlier.
[9:53am] <10+blackwhite> but getting back to getting more involved again.
[9:53am] <10+mircea_popescu> blackwhite right. so meanwhile the channel is +m, to get voice you have to pm assbot !up which only works if you're trusted to any degree by someone assbot trusts.
12[9:53am] [9:53am] ericmuyser (~ericmuyse@S010628c68e00af53.vc.shawcable.net) has joined. 12«11188 people12»
[9:53am] <10+blackwhite> i see
[9:54am] <10+davout> mircea_popescu: what specific part of the story are you curious about ?
[9:54am] <10+mircea_popescu> well let's see. instawallet had a system whereby ownership is proven by url. the guy had 3 urls. what was not associated with what ?
[9:56am] <10+mircea_popescu> his generative grammar is quite bizarre, i can't follow statements like "all three didn't" worth a crap.
[9:56am] <10+davout> two of his URLs matched to nothing, pretty simple
[9:56am] <10+Apocalyptic> <mircea_popescu> phin put a 400 btc bounty on davout's head !? //looks like it
[9:56am] <10+mircea_popescu> davout what do you mean his and what do you mean nothing
[9:57am] <10+mircea_popescu> did he lose two of his three urls ?
[9:57am] <10+davout> i mean "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM wallets WHERE key = '<phinns wallet key>'" == 0
[9:57am] <10+mircea_popescu> in other news, "Following massive rainfalls in Misiones, Argentina, and Santa Catarina and Paraná, Brazil, the famous Iguazú Falls are now overflowing, carrying 46,300 cubic meters per second—33 times the usual water flow rate."
[9:57am] <10+davout> for two of the urls
[9:58am] <10+mircea_popescu> davout uh. so then how is it possible he thought he had something there ?
[9:58am] <10+davout> i dunno, and tbh i would like to know too
[9:58am] <10+davout> some people fell for the "oh hey, here is our tor hidden service for instawallet, deposit bitches"
[9:58am] <10+Apocalyptic> "BTW, I would not rule out the possiblity that Boussac himself is a victim of davout to some extent" who's Boussac again ?
[9:58am] <10+mircea_popescu> http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--wOjCTy9_--/strfxwexmbgnjk7b4nus.jpg now vs then : http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--utwlJ8_1--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/ihl9qhl9yy47q1axnuiv.jpg
[9:59am] <10+davout> except we didn't have a tor hidden service
[9:59am] <10+mircea_popescu> davout so is it possible whoever broke in deleted some records too ?
[9:59am] <10+davout> i checked for that against a few backups
[9:59am] <10+davout> no results
[9:59am] <10+mircea_popescu> what date was the oldest you checked roughly ?
[9:59am] <10+davout> one of the first things i thought of
[9:59am] <10+pankkake> What is it about FRENCH GUYS and Bitcoin?
[9:59am] <10+pankkake> Karpeles, those Dealco guys out of HK, now these scammers
[9:59am] <10+pankkake> French Bitcoiner = AVOID
[9:59am] <10+davout> i don't really recall from the top of my head
[10:00am] <10+davout> i tried to find partial url matches too
[10:00am] <10+mircea_popescu> well were they a week older than the live db ?a month ? more ?
[10:00am] <10+davout> i tried to search by balances
[10:00am] <10+davout> a month or two i think
[10:00am] <10+mircea_popescu> so as best you can determine, there's a month+ interval where according to phinn he had 1k+ btc, but according to your db he had not ?
[10:00am] <10+davout> hence me asking for the deposit addresses and/or the funding transactions
[10:01am] <10+davout> that's what the backups convey
[10:02am] <10+mircea_popescu> http://www.youtube.com/embed/76XfV42YvBI < bonus iguazu
[10:02am] <08@assbot> As estan las Cataratas del Iguazu con la crecida - YouTube
[10:02am] <10+mircea_popescu> davout did instawallet gpg sign anything ?
[10:02am] <10+davout> nope
09[10:02am] [10:02am] assbot sets mode: -v starsoccer
[10:02am] <10+mircea_popescu> so did you say this to him ? did you get any sort of response ?
[10:03am] <10+fluffypony> mircea_popescu: he gets asked to prove he deposited 1100+ BTC into Instawallet, providing a transaction ID or a signed BTC addy that sent it or ANYTHING, and he just ignores those requests or talks around them
[10:03am] <10+mircea_popescu> aha
[10:04am] <10+davout> i asked him "o hey, maybe it could help me if you gave me the deposit addresses"
[10:04am] <10+mircea_popescu> well he prolly didn't keep records of any kind
[10:04am] <10+davout> the idea being that i could have checked against backups of bitcoind wallets as well with such an information
[10:04am] <10+mircea_popescu> ok, so were you on vacation at the time of the hax ?
[10:05am] <10+davout> well that's kind of what i figured, and i also figured he'd be too dumb to explore the blockchain by himself
[10:05am] <10+blackwhite> pretty good talk on ethereum https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9dpjN3Mwps
[10:05am] <08@assbot> Vitalik Buterin reveals Ethereum at Bitcoin Miami 2014 - YouTube
[10:05am] <10+davout> so i went there and used tracked all the addresses linked in any way to the unique IW cold storage address
[10:05am] <10+fluffypony> mircea_popescu: sure, BUT if he EVER sent money from Instawallet to someone (say as payment for something) and message'd or email'd them the transaction ID he'd have that, he'd have SOMETHING that could be used
[10:06am] <10+mircea_popescu> davout so he does not make a specific claim to either address or transaction, he makes a specific claim as to balance and to url which can't be verified, is the thing ?
[10:06am] <10+fluffypony> yes
[10:06am] <10+davout> once i had a massive collection of addresses i checked for an address whose received totals matched the balances he claimed, to no avail
[10:07am] <10+davout> took a few days for the script to reverse-explore the chain from the CS address
[10:07am] <10+fluffypony> every thread that's popped up that I've read has him claiming those two Instawallet URLs (plus a third that had 0.825 BTC or something that he disregards), but no further evidence
[10:07am] <10+mircea_popescu> this seems a fools errand as im sure his balance didn't come in one chunk.
[10:07am] <10+davout> ended up with around ~100k addresses to check, none of them received the amounts he mentions in the timeframe he mentions
[10:07am] <10+fluffypony> the URLs could be complete bullshit
[10:07am] <10+davout> mircea_popescu: no, because i checked for totals
[10:07am] <10+fluffypony> mircea_popescu: davout's talking about searching for the total received for each address in a timeframe
[10:08am] <10+mircea_popescu> that ain't gonna work.
[10:08am] <10+mircea_popescu> aaanyway. so were you on vacation when it happened ?
[10:08am] <10+davout> fluffypony: not the received total in a timeframe actually, the received total, and then i checked manually the actual deposits against these addresses
[10:09am] <10+davout> because the guy is pretty specific, 1000 BTC and 132 BTC, sent in december 2012 to an instawallet address
[10:09am] <10+fluffypony> yeah
[10:09am] <10+davout> he even provides the exchange rate at the time, this way i'm sure it's not 2011 or whatever
[10:11am] <10+mircea_popescu> i don't see much substance to his claim it'd be coming out of 1DavouTAsveznCFHsz688xvbrRAq4u2qm8 going to 16d1yGrEDqSY1xhCnAUWrkahGY2mkWdAYk
[10:12am] <10+fluffypony> yeah it's almost like he thinks it impossible that davout could independently have 1k BTC and it *must* come from him
[10:12am] <10+pankkake> http://bitbet.us/propositions/ okay…
[10:12am] <08@assbot> BitBet Propositions
[10:13am] <10+mircea_popescu> fluffypony but if you look at the incoming to that addy, there's no matching chunk
[10:13am] <10+mircea_popescu> https://blockchain.info/tx/84c505049bb782b490cc3fb7633238082afb2a2ec21bf1ea0596d6cbc2a61c1e largest bit, in may last. when did isntawallet fail again ?
[10:13am] <08@assbot> Bitcoin Transaction 84c505049bb782b490cc3fb7633238082afb2a2ec21bf1ea0596d6cbc2a61c1e
[10:14am] <10+mircea_popescu> april
[10:14am] <10+fluffypony> yeah
[10:15am] <10+mircea_popescu> actually 100, 400, 460 during may, 100 late april.
[10:15am] <10+davout> mircea_popescu fluffypony he can go ask jgarzik, the guy paid me 5678 BTC back in the day, also i got into bitcoin at such a time that i mined some blocks on a goddamn CPU
[10:15am] <10+mircea_popescu> but anyway davout so why is he claiming you won't release the liquidator;'s name ?
[10:15am] <10+mircea_popescu> that's exactly contrary to normal procedure, what's that all about ?
[10:15am] <10+davout> he's imagining there is a liquidator
[10:15am] <10+davout> i never said there was one, i said there had been an audit
[10:16am] <10+mircea_popescu> oh.
[10:16am] <10+davout> it was a post-mortem security audit
[10:16am] <10+mircea_popescu> i see.
[10:16am] <10+davout> the guy is very confused
[10:16am] <10+davout> i stopped answering him because i saw he could not grasp some very simple things
[10:17am] <10+davout> i explained to him how a shared wallet works, later he refers to it as mumble-jumble
08[10:17am] [10:17am] Kushedout (~Kushedout@adsl-69-231-119-247.dsl.irvnca.pacbell.net) is now known as kushed
[10:17am] <10+mircea_popescu> "Reserved to announced that I have reunited with my lost investment."
[10:17am] <10+mircea_popescu> is he francophone ?
[10:17am] <10+davout> he's definitely not francophile
[10:17am] <10+mircea_popescu> lol
[10:17am] <10+fluffypony> lol
[10:17am] <10+mircea_popescu> no but i mean he makes these sentences that break my parser all the time
[10:18am] <10+fluffypony> pankkake: I'm betting yes on "ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttttttttttt"
[10:18am] <10+mircea_popescu> "Ideally, I prefer to have the entire 1,132 BTC, sans the 400 BTC bounty amount, paid in full to me, but knowing that sometimes arbitration takes place, I'm willing to settle for a minimal amount, with anybody acting as liaison to broker their reward up to 100% of what I may finally recognize. The minimum I'm welling to settle for is $50K USD via BTC or fiat to compensate for my initial investment and the mega hours I
[10:18am] <10+mircea_popescu> have put into this fiasco, not to mention the stress."
[10:18am] <10+mircea_popescu> wait so the bounty is out of lol wtf how does this work
[10:18am] <10+mircea_popescu> "I prefer to use Rassah as escrow"
[10:19am] <10+mircea_popescu> so did he fund the bounty or not ?
[10:19am] <10+fluffypony> nope
[10:19am] <10+fluffypony> *if* he gets it he'll pay out 400 BTC or something
12[10:19am] [10:19am] Rulother (~Rulother@72.16.217.169) has joined. 12«11189 people12»
[10:19am] <10+davout> the guy is confused, my only hope is that he lawyers up, so that someone can finally talk some sense into him
[10:19am] <10+mircea_popescu> fluffypony so then why any need for an escrow?
[10:19am] <10+fluffypony> nfi
[10:20am] <10+fluffypony> the whole arrangement is confusing as hell
12[10:20am] [10:20am] lnostdal_ (~lnostdal@80.203.136.175) has joined. 12«11190 people12»
[10:20am] <10+mircea_popescu> so basically what he';s trying to do here is send davout to the forum collections agency ?
[10:20am] <10+davout> also, for the sake of keeping a public record, the script i used to explore the blockchain in order to try and find his deposit address, none of the two i was looking for appeared
[10:20am] <10+fluffypony> yes
[10:20am] <10+davout> http://pastie.org/private/zye2fhscut112d7m1m6ga
[10:20am] <08@assbot> Private Paste - Pastie
[10:21am] <10+mircea_popescu> davout do you have a service address ?
[10:21am] <10+fluffypony> maybe he's hoping that by throwing enough of a tantrum davout will just throw money at him
12[10:21am] [10:21am] nullbyte (~NSA@unaffiliated/loteriety) has joined. 12«11191 people12»
[10:21am] <10+davout> mircea_popescu: instawallet's former cold storage address -> 1FrtkNXastDoMAaorowys27AKQERxgmZjY
[10:21am] <10+mircea_popescu> fluffypony generally i kinda like phinn, he's very diligent, quite passionate and an off the path sort of thinker
09[10:21am] [10:21am] assbot sets mode: -v blackwhite
[10:21am] <10+mircea_popescu> davout service address is a postal address where one receives service of process
[10:22am] <10+mircea_popescu> such as supoenas
[10:22am] <10+davout> paymium has one
[10:22am] <10+mircea_popescu> alrighty.
[10:22am] <10+fluffypony> mircea_popescu: yeah I'm talking purely about the way he's treating this particular issue, not in general
12[10:22am] [10:22am] chetty (~chet@unaffiliated/chetty) has joined. 12«11192 people12»
[10:22am] <10+fluffypony> the constant stream of new threads doesn't play into his favour
11[10:23am] [10:23am] lnostdal «~lnostdal@55.151.189.109.customer.cdi.no» has Quit iRC (Ping timeout: 272 seconds11) 12«11191 people12»
[10:23am] <10+davout> also, our server hard drives were given to law enforcement when we filed our complaint back in april 2013
[10:23am] <10+mircea_popescu> davout so make a single post in that thread, containing paymium's service address, a statement that you've tried to the best of your ability to identify his claims but didn'
[10:23am] <10+kakobrekla> someone mixed propositions for 4chan?
[10:23am] <10+mircea_popescu> t so far manage to do so and a optionally a link to here to detail that.
[10:23am] <10+fluffypony> kakobrekla: that's what I'm guessing
[10:23am] <10+davout> in other words, it would simply be best if the guy sued
12[10:24am] [10:24am] bitcoinpete (~bitcoinpe@unaffiliated/bitcoinpete) has joined. 12«11192 people12»
[10:24am] <10+mircea_popescu> davout at this point.
[10:24am] <10+fluffypony> agreed
[10:24am] <10+mircea_popescu> there doesn't seem to be much room for any sort of mediation
09[10:24am] [10:24am] assbot sets mode: +v chetty
[10:24am] <10+fluffypony> once the body of evidence is presented his lawyer would (one hopes) be able to explain things to him
[10:25am] <10+chetty> so basically he is claiming a deposit with no actual evidence he made it? Wonder if that would work with my bank?
[10:25am] <10+fluffypony> chetty: I think so
[10:25am] <10+fluffypony> give it a spin, let us know how it goes
[10:26am] <10+mircea_popescu> fluffypony bank'll prolly just pay her.
[10:26am] <10+mircea_popescu> what do they care.
[10:26am] <10+davout> gotta get off, i'll be back later tonight if someone wants to discuss this further
[10:26am] <10+fluffypony> davout: kk
11[10:26am] [10:26am] davout «~davout@unaffiliated/davout» has Quit iRC (kthxbye11) 12«11191 people12»
[10:26am] <10+mircea_popescu> i think it's discussed tbh.
[10:26am] <10+mircea_popescu> ;;notes
[10:26am] <10+gribble> I currently have notes waiting for agentx24, anarkitty, bakinat, bcb, bitcoingirl, cevidad, frankenmint, Immukization, jtrunerbtc, kyledrake, moiety, MurphyLawn, nubbins, nubbins`, nubbins`i, Phinnaeus, RainMan28, ryepdx, starsoccer9, ThickasTheives, and vexual.
[10:26am] <10+mircea_popescu> ;;seen  Phinnaeus
[10:26am] <10+gribble> Phinnaeus was last seen in #bitcoin-assets 1 week, 1 day, 11 hours, 30 minutes, and 54 seconds ago: <Phinnaeus> later

Not sure when auditor became liquidator, for I don't believe I've used the latter term, let alone imagined it.

More comments forthcoming, for I'm behind the curve at the moment, all.

The only fuckin' thing I've read that davout got correct is that I am a n00b when it comes to certain tech shit, hence champion and using InstaWallet back in the day for I felt it was in capable hands by all accounts. Boy, was I fooled, but never again, hence using my experience with IW as stepping stone, so to speak, to call out ALL potential scammers.

In the chat above, davout was asked no less than three times as to whom the auditor was/is, and he still side-steps that issue, just like the where is the police report was side-stepped by Boussac, but finally he releases it in the French section of this forum a couple weeks later oppose to linking it in his InstaWallet claims thread.

[9:30am] <10+davout> i'm waiting for phinneaus to show up on -assets again, so i can pierce him a second butthole in front of everyone

davout is waiting for me to show up on -assets again, of which I ask, "What the fuck is -assets?" Must be nice to be a businessman and have the ability to state that they want to pierce a former client of theirs a second butthole, in front of their peers, nonetheless.

This is the mentality of people that shouldn't be running Bitcoin-based entities.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Marlo Stanfield

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:15:11 PM

Because he said he would?

Let me explain more deeply

whithout proof, If I go find Davout To have a thousand BTC, the only solution I have is steal them from him

Once I would have stolen a thousand BTC, why the hell would I want to give 6 hundreds to someone else after having done the bad bad job (I won't steal, it's just to make a picture)

He has the urls, the exact btc amounts, they can check the logs for ips ect. In this case that's all more than enough because with instawallet having the url is equivalent to have a private key. If he has these urls it's effectively the same as having ownership of the wallet. Especially when you can combine it with other evidence.

If the URLs was leaked, where is the proof this belong to him

I also have the URL and amount, does this make me owner of the wallet ?

Davout don't have said anything publicly that I'm aware of on this subject, but what is said in the french community is Phinneas ask a refund but as no transaction ID.

that's something I have also read on this topic.

I personnaly think that if phinneas have proof, he should start immediatly an action in justice. If he don't, we have nothing to know the truth.

I understand what you are saying with the first point but some people would still give him his money out of a sense of justice. Maybe not many people. But some.

With the second point. If his urls were leaked then there should be blockchain evidence of someone removing the 1000++ btc away from addresses that are controlled by instawallet. It sounds like the wallets related to this event have ~1300 btc in them if I'm understanding Bruno's posts correctly.

Has Davout posted evidence of the 1000 btc wallet having that btc moved from the wallet before instawallet was shut down?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 03:22:07 PM

What is it about FRENCH GUYS and Bitcoin?

Karpeles, those Dealco guys out of HK, now these scammers

French Bitcoiner = AVOID

All 57 million french people are dangerous scammers. Even if they don't use bitcoin !!!

That many?

"I really, really, really love Limey Day."

65 821 001 in fact. 57 million was the number when i was at school.

My sister had a baby yesterday  Grin

You mean to tell me these dudes are capable of breeding?
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:29:55 PM

Well it's not up to dudes...females jump on them and do what needs to be done.

Seldar

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:30:35 PM

whithout proof, If I go find Davout To have a thousand BTC, the only solution I have is steal them from him

Once I would have stolen a thousand BTC, why the hell would I want to give 6 hundreds to someone else after having done the bad bad job (I won't steal, it's just to make a picture)

We can imagine another story.
Suppose the bad guy is an honest one. I can't imagine how he could get BTC from davout without threatening him or doing illegal stuffs...
Even if "Bad guy" give back the money, it's certain that he'll will have a lot of problems with justice while the "backer" (I'm not sur it's the good word) will be drinking a Martini at home...

The best way is to sue Davout if he's the real thief.

Sorry for my bad english Smiley
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:37:48 PM

This is pretty interesting. And it's really funny how these hackers think they are hard asses but back down when the tables are turned on them. 20K in Bitcoin is a hefty sum to bring the guy back to his senses and make him back down.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: