Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:57:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New 400 BTC Bounty Pales Roger Ver's 37.6 BTC Bounty for Return of Stolen BTC  (Read 18338 times)
Nicolas Dorier

Activity: 714
Merit: 619

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:33:05 AM

We can also look if the split of 1000 minus the fees is shown in the cold storage address of instawallet.

Maybe the split occured before the 1132 where moved to coldstorage, has we don't know how often funds where moved.

Are we searching for 132, 1132, or 1000 ? I don't understand.
I can try to draw a dependency graph of transaction that goes from one of the suspected transactions to a transaction of InstaWallet... but it would be better if I knew the amount to search.

When the 1000 deposit was done ?
When the 132 ?
When the 1132 ?

Ah and when did he sent you the refund of 0.835 ?

Bitcoin address 15sYbVpRh6dyWycZMwPdxJWD4xbfxReeHe
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btchip

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 09:49:41 AM

In my opinion you should focus on the first transaction (the ~1100 one, done second week of December 2012) and the refund - all others could have been handled off chain.

Nicolas Dorier

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:51:09 AM

In my opinion you should focus on the first transaction (the ~1100 one, done second week of December 2012) and the refund - all others could have been handled off chain.
The refund, how much exactly and when ?

btchip

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 10:03:05 AM

Let's ask Phinnaeus again as I feel too lazy to search right now  Kiss that's the 0.8 something done "recently" (last year ?)

Nicolas Dorier

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:05:59 AM

Let's ask Phinnaeus again as I feel too lazy to search right now  Kiss that's the 0.8 something done "recently" (last year ?)
You are right,
Phinnaeus, can you make a listing of all transaction movement you remember having done in the following format.

Time Range, Amount Range,Additional info that can help

(I am french by the way, before you come bombing us Shocked)

guigui371
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1693

C.D.P.E.M

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:16:45 AM

i want to point out that at the begining of the thread a lot of commente were against frenchies and now the 2-3 guys who are helping Bruno are FRENCH !!

what an irony Smiley

it ain't much but it's honest work
Nicolas Dorier

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:21:35 AM

i want to point out that at the begining of the thread a lot of commente were against frenchies and now the 2-3 guys who are helping Bruno are FRENCH !!

what an irony Smiley

French always agree to disagree... That's why you always have the two extremes with constant fight between each others :p

GrandpaTime

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:27:26 AM

this link has information on the refund of 0.835 : www.instawallet.org/w/sMceOus2wYrDVAHxA5BssBwB7kgDqC9r4Q

It lists a "wallet public address" 1JppeHVdYQEBGR4uHVTqLQsb2FY1wUTziH

and a "bitcoin payout address" 18LQJiPJ2ULVLYF5Q7JKgSBDkktByZmpXB
BlueBitAUT

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:08:40 AM

Let's ask Phinnaeus again as I feel too lazy to search right now  Kiss that's the 0.8 something done "recently" (last year ?)
You are right,
Phinnaeus, can you make a listing of all transaction movement you remember having done in the following format.

Time Range, Amount Range,Additional info that can help

(I am french by the way, before you come bombing us Shocked)

Yes, I am pretty sure, a shortened summary of facts, or you could call it a protocol, of what happened, when, where in which amounts on what ways...
could help the most, at this point.
Atleast it could clarify what actions Phinn already took and what proofs are on the table.

For the start...
Please add or correct the dates/facts/amounts

Fact?: In December 2012, Phinn bought 1132.08 BTC for Cash, with a laptop, on a parking lot, from someone he believes it was Jeff Ownby.
Questions:
- Did you try to contact https://www.facebook.com/jeff.ownby ?
Maybe he is willing to answer you, ...still has the Tx details somewhere or at least can confirm you bought it?

- Is there ANY chance to get hands on the laptop you used? If not, what exactly happend to it?
Because, if I had a case like this I would'nt want to "lose" any tiny piece of this puzzle that could help to solve/proof something.

- do you remember what time it was, as you met? This could help to identify the initial/purchasing transaction, too.

F?: a few days after the purchase, you transfered 132 and 0.8 BTC into 2 newly created wallets, and 1000BTC remained in the wallet/address that was used for the initial purchase.
Q: Or have you made 3 new wallets and cleared the one you've initially received with to 0.0BTC?
As long as we don't find a correlation to any of the used addresses, all this is hard to proof. (again, the laptop or maybe Jeff Ownby(?) could help)
I am not so much in Blockchain scanning, but I could imagine it should be possible for someone with the right skills, to find the addresses,
and with that maybe "the ways your BTC went", if you could tell us exactly what and how you did.

madmat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:06:57 PM

what an irony Smiley

French always agree to disagree... That's why you always have the two extremes with constant fight between each others :p

I made some comments agains french at the beginning, but it was ironic, i am french too.I just can't understand people who do such stupid generalities about people.
GrandpaTime

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:15:03 PM

Yes, I am pretty sure, a shortened summary of facts, or you could call it a protocol, of what happened, when, where in which amounts on what ways...
Atleast it could clarify what actions Phinn already took and what proofs are on the table.

For the start...

Fact?: In December 2012, Phinn bought 1132.08 BTC for Cash, with a laptop, on a parking lot, from someone he believes it was Jeff Ownby.
Questions:
Maybe he is willing to answer you, ...still has the Tx details somewhere or at least can confirm you bought it?

- Is there ANY chance to get hands on the laptop you used? If not, what exactly happend to it?
Because, if I had a case like this I would'nt want to "lose" any tiny piece of this puzzle that could help to solve/proof something.

- do you remember what time it was, as you met? This could help to identify the initial/purchasing transaction, too.

F?: a few days after the purchase, you transfered 132 and 0.8 BTC into 2 newly created wallets, and 1000BTC remained in the wallet/address that was used for the initial purchase.
Q: Or have you made 3 new wallets and cleared the one you've initially received with to 0.0BTC?
As long as we don't find a correlation to any of the used addresses, all this is hard to proof. (again, the laptop or maybe Jeff Ownby(?) could help)
I am not so much in Blockchain scanning, but I could imagine it should be possible for someone with the right skills, to find the addresses,
and with that maybe "the ways your BTC went", if you could tell us exactly what and how you did.

I agree as well, we need Phin to get us as close of an account of dates, times, and transfer amounts as possible because there is some confusion here. As I understand, the 0.835 did not originate from the 1132+x.xxx deposit. It was from an unrelated source. The original deposit could have been as high as 1141.9 or so given that it was 1132 + x.xxx. x.xxx could have been 9.999 or it could have been 1.000 or anything in between there. He also expressed some small doubt as to if the 1132 might have actually been 1123, so theres an off chance it could be as low as that.

The wallet that contained the 0.835 bitcoins, which was returned to you, must have a deposit address which was used to fund it. Could this address then be used to locate to larger original deposit?

No. That one was first funded via a different means sometime in February if I'm not mistaken.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Besides the split a few days after the deposit, were there any later minor transfers to or from the wallets in question between the time of their funding and the "hack"? Or did they remain undisturbed until that time?

None, but I now do recall that since I moved them a couple time, I believe a miner fee was deducted, thus the wallet amounts WON't be exactly 1,000 BTC and 132 BTC. Also, there's a very slight chance that the lesser wallet may have been 123 BTC, but in no way am I trying to get what I don't deserve. For the longest time, I stated such in the IW claims thread, opting for the lower amount to be fair, but change to the higher amount because I honestly believe that it was 132 and not 123, only after I got sick of the runaround.

Forgive for forgetting all about the miner fees. I just keep the whole numbers in my head spacing that aspect out. I do recall that the first time the fee was only pennies, but was taken aback some subsequent transfer when I noticed it was several dollars, but not double digits, but didn't sweat it.

I'm also interested in the split. You mention that you believe miner fees were taken out. This would imply that the split was not conducted off-chain and should be visible in the blockchain. Or could it be that Instawallet charged its own fees for internal transfers (this doesnt seem likely)?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 01:57:02 PM

Let's ask Phinnaeus again as I feel too lazy to search right now  Kiss that's the 0.8 something done "recently" (last year ?)

The 0.835 BTC wallet was returned Feb. 14, 2014, but it's mutually exclusive of the 1,132 BTC original wallet.

There is a third wallet that was split from the 1,132 BTC that I totally forgot about (I've mentioned it at least once before on this forum) that I never put a claim in for. I forgot all about it when I filed the initial claims, being only concerned about the two larger wallets and the one active wallet I had at the time. I have no info on that third wallet, even forgetting to trying to pull the info from the now discarded laptop.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 02:01:47 PM

this link has information on the refund of 0.835 : www.instawallet.org/w/sMceOus2wYrDVAHxA5BssBwB7kgDqC9r4Q

It lists a "wallet public address" 1JppeHVdYQEBGR4uHVTqLQsb2FY1wUTziH

and a "bitcoin payout address" 18LQJiPJ2ULVLYF5Q7JKgSBDkktByZmpXB

That's it, but remember that this wallet is mutually exclusive of the larger two wallets.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 02:06:23 PM

For the start...

Questions:

I agree as well, we need Phin to get us as close of an account of dates, times, and transfer amounts as possible because there is some confusion here. As I understand, the 0.835 did not originate from the 1132+x.xxx deposit. It was from an unrelated source. The original deposit could have been as high as 1141.9 or so given that it was 1132 + x.xxx. x.xxx could have been 9.999 or it could have been 1.000 or anything in between there. He also expressed some small doubt as to if the 1132 might have actually been 1123, so theres an off chance it could be as low as that.

The wallet that contained the 0.835 bitcoins, which was returned to you, must have a deposit address which was used to fund it. Could this address then be used to locate to larger original deposit?

No. That one was first funded via a different means sometime in February if I'm not mistaken.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Besides the split a few days after the deposit, were there any later minor transfers to or from the wallets in question between the time of their funding and the "hack"? Or did they remain undisturbed until that time?

None, but I now do recall that since I moved them a couple time, I believe a miner fee was deducted, thus the wallet amounts WON't be exactly 1,000 BTC and 132 BTC. Also, there's a very slight chance that the lesser wallet may have been 123 BTC, but in no way am I trying to get what I don't deserve. For the longest time, I stated such in the IW claims thread, opting for the lower amount to be fair, but change to the higher amount because I honestly believe that it was 132 and not 123, only after I got sick of the runaround.

Forgive for forgetting all about the miner fees. I just keep the whole numbers in my head spacing that aspect out. I do recall that the first time the fee was only pennies, but was taken aback some subsequent transfer when I noticed it was several dollars, but not double digits, but didn't sweat it.

I'm also interested in the split. You mention that you believe miner fees were taken out. This would imply that the split was not conducted off-chain and should be visible in the blockchain. Or could it be that Instawallet charged its own fees for internal transfers (this doesnt seem likely)?

In red is the best assessment.

I'm not sure how, if any, the fees were calculated.
BlueBitAUT

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:31:23 PM

Phinn,

I can understand you might be exhausted etc.
But I also think you need to get the facts together and answer to asked questions, if you're looking for help.
I am pretty sure no one wants to collect all "maybes, im not sures, i can't tells" from all over this many sites in this thread to start with "investigation".

Take a rest - then try to remember as good as you can what happened and what you did, step by step,
collect each and every piece of the puzzle, that could anyhow help in your case.

Bring it to a short but detailed list, (including dates, times or timeframes, what exactly you have done etc)
in chronological order to have a overview for yourself - and those that want to help you.

As soon as you / we have this list, it would be much easier to check out for possible solutions in track & approving, with your help.
Thats the only "advice" I could give for now.

For example, it is confusing what happend to your laptop since then or if you already tried to find / contact the guy that sold you this BTC,
just to verify you had this amount, for example. See my questions before.
Nicolas Dorier

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:50:46 PM

what an irony Smiley

I made some comments agains french at the beginning, but it was ironic, i am french too.I just can't understand people who do such stupid generalities about people.

That's what I said, I disagree with you, we're all the same...  Angry

Phinn,

But I also think you need to get the facts together and answer to asked questions, if you're looking for help.
I am pretty sure no one wants to collect all "maybes, im not sures, i can't tells" from all over this many sites in this thread to start with "investigation".

Take a rest - then try to remember as good as you can what happened and what you did, step by step,
collect each and every piece of the puzzle, that could anyhow help in your case.

Bring it to a short but detailed list, (including dates, times or timeframes, what exactly you have done etc)
in chronological order to have a overview for yourself - and those that want to help you.

As soon as you / we have this list, it would be much easier to check out for possible solutions in track & approving, with your help.

For example, it is confusing what happend to your laptop since then or if you already tried to find / contact the guy that sold you this BTC,

+1
We need a precise list, fluff extracted, a developer is like a computer, give us a formatted list of what you know about each transfer, amount, time span.
We need this list, we are too lazy to make archeology in such gang bang of comments.
Everything in one simple list. The stupider it is, the better.

madmat
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:58:15 PM

That's what I said, I disagree with you, we're all the same...  Angry

I am not fat as karpeles is. I don't want to pierce a second buthole to anyone as davout would like ...
madmat
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:08:50 PM

Phinn, you've got a lot of detectives ready to help you to establish the truth, but they need facts.

Help them to help you.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:22:17 PM

Phinn,

I agree with this. Compile everything you know about what happened in to one chronological list.

The interesting part will come when Davout is presented evidence of your funds. But first we need to cut through all bs and make sure these guys who are doing the blockchain analysis can get as much info as possible.
btcfre@k

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:18:30 PM

phin,i bought sweet and salt pop corn.this story is now a joe pesci movie for me .as the time will pass the non violence rule will be more flexible,thats the ice cream part.

bitcoinanalyzer.com and havingbitcoin.com for sale
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: