Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:38:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin bubble starting to burst?  (Read 3922 times)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:33:02 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2014, 10:55:52 PM by toknormal

It's what I call a "stilleto heel" correction Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:21:29 PM

Anyone have any predictions as to when the price will bounce back up?   Are we looking at a price drop for another few days before the bounce back?

It will probably fall in anticipation to the SR auction on the 27th. Once the auction is complete and after any winners of the auction sell their coins bitcoin will start rising again.
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:34:30 PM

Anyone have any predictions as to when the price will bounce back up?   Are we looking at a price drop for another few days before the bounce back?

It will probably fall in anticipation to the SR auction on the 27th. Once the auction is complete and after any winners of the auction sell their coins bitcoin will start rising again.

at the moment there are other issues( 51% atacks, FUD about exchanges, China atacking again...), and they have more seized coins to sell. So I doubt 27th will be the end
ShakyhandsBTCer

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:40:54 PM

at the moment there are other issues( 51% atacks, FUD about exchanges, China atacking again...), and they have more seized coins to sell. So I doubt 27th will be the end

Well it looks like we are getting past "51%" issues, there will always be FUD around everything (not just bitcoin but all investments that are successful), China can likely not get more aggressive then they already are.
Ashbite

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:59:43 PM

well bitcoins course is never stable.
And we've seen that it can go up and down like crazy so this is no biggie Smiley
okthen

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:50:36 PM

This isn't a bubble.
We are in the midst of a consolidation period, and this was just a news related dip.
Carra23
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Need a campaign manager? PM me

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:53:15 PM

So what do you guys think? Price drop again - is the bubble bursting before the ralley upwards end of the year? Will we see the 10000$ end of the year??

This is hardly anything. It is very volatile which makes it great for gamblers like us Smiley
ShakyhandsBTCer

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:30:31 AM

So what do you guys think? Price drop again - is the bubble bursting before the ralley upwards end of the year? Will we see the 10000$ end of the year??

This is hardly anything. It is very volatile which makes it great for gamblers like us Smiley

I would like to see the price of bitcoin stabilize even if it means that the price is a little bit lower. A stable price will allow for more people to adopt it as a currency
Glizlack

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:46:09 AM

I don't want to predict any numbers but the fact of the rising difficulty I believe will cause prices to go up. Because mining needs to at least be break even to keep most of the miners mining obviously.

Steve

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
amencon

Activity: 410

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:45:26 AM

I would like to see the price of bitcoin stabilize even if it means that the price is a little bit lower. A stable price will allow for more people to adopt it as a currency
Which will cause the price to go up... oh no.
Carra23
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Need a campaign manager? PM me

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:33:53 PM

Bitcoin will not be a currency but will be a store of value.

Besides, currencies go up and down all the time.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: