Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:55:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FTC] Feathercoin Development Overview  (Read 26827 times)
calem

Activity: 291
Merit: 106

Founder #Zerozed $x0z

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 01:56:38 PM

1. the new algorithm has not stood the test of time. It is new code and very well may have side effects unforeseen. Who knows.
It's been tested to the craphouse for a start, second of all, no one saw heartbleed coming along (so basically shit happens), third of all, scrypt it self has already been broken anyway.
Plus if you consider that the year is 2014 and cryptos are still in their infancy, every coin including btc should be considered beta.. That's the point of what were doing right? were all trying and testing a network for peer to peer payments? Anyone who thinks that any coin or algo has "stood the test" doesn't really see the big picture.

2. This stuff should have been done long before Feathercoin ever launched (over a year ago) as a copy-paste clone of Litecoin.
Please enlighten me as to what litecoin has done in regards to advancing the the technology itself? hrm?

3. The direction Feathercoin is going is back into the GPU mining arena and will need to compete with 1000's of new coins that can be mined with GPUs/CPUs. What makes feathercoin so special that the majority of that market of miners will choose feathercoin over all the other options? My guess...they likely won't choos Feathercoin.
Good luck selling those supposedly "most profitable" scrypt-alts when they don't have the volume to support those dumps... Why do you think that multicoin mining is, theoretically, more profitable then direct mining?

I am not saying that Feathercoin is a scam or that the FTC community are dishonest etc etc...what I am saying is that I believe Feathercoin is irrelevant. There is nothing that makes FTC stand out from the rest of the alt-coins out there that can be mined with GPU/CPU.
I respect that but to be honest, ftc is not irrelevant.

It's a safe haven for devs who can't get the chance to try out their idea because litecoin and bitcoin have turned into nazi's..

their.. i said it, the n word.. im sorry but i can't deal with people repeating the same stuff over and over when it is simply just flat out false and misleading and even sometimes, strait out lies.

Thank you for bumping our thread though.

"Suppressing bad ideas can be as dangerous as the bad ideas themselves." | One of the greatest ethical and logistical challenges humanity has been forced to face is one that has not changed since the dawn of society itself. The fair and even distribution of wealth and power. Using the Diffusion of Innovations to model a more sensible inflation schedule, [x0z] Zerozed aims to bring stability to the wider market...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fiftysven

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:02:39 PM

Now i wonder what has litecoin done the last few month regarding development? I guess sooner or later Litecoin will get irrelevant....
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:29:56 PM

So think my question is, whats the point to feather coin?

99% of the coins out there are stuck in their ways. They have a niche and think that makes them special. Feathercoin takes the best idea's from these niche coins, and creates an open source solution which can be copied into any other coin.

In the coming months will have what's needed on github to implement ftc into http://projectskyhook.com/

Not that we don't all ready have an open source ATM for ftc that any other coin can copy, but more the better right?

We are one of the few coins who will continue to adapt and evolve. btc and ltc have found their place. They are somewhat set in stone and no longer have the true freedom to experiment with the blockchain technology..

tl:dr - So what is the point?

Feathercoin picks up from where Satoshi left off.

You really don't get out much then do you, because thats exactly what 99% of older school coins outside of btc/ltc are saying lol
I call it, at best, a last ditch panic to stay somehow relevant.
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:41:42 PM

I would like to encourage everybody to keep this discussion in civilized way.
Both FTC fanboys and FTC critics.

No need to attack each other.
It is perfectly ok to present your opinios, however try to do it with glance and do not lose your temper  Wink
calem

Founder #Zerozed $x0z

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 02:43:01 PM

You really don't get out much then do you, because thats exactly what 99% of older school coins outside of btc/ltc are saying lol
I call it, at best, a last ditch panic to stay somehow relevant.

You know what. My onions are burning and i don't have time for you right now. Catcha tomoz.

"Suppressing bad ideas can be as dangerous as the bad ideas themselves." | One of the greatest ethical and logistical challenges humanity has been forced to face is one that has not changed since the dawn of society itself. The fair and even distribution of wealth and power. Using the Diffusion of Innovations to model a more sensible inflation schedule, [x0z] Zerozed aims to bring stability to the wider market...
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:44:54 PM

...sure enough the price (as on metric of confidence in FTC) is 95-98% down since in terms of Bitcoin.

How on earth do you quantify that?

It is called looking at the exchange prices. Of course you knew that and had nothing of substance to reply with but to post a ridiculous picture of yourself.  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:46:12 PM

Smothie,

FTC just evolved Scrypt in certain way (completely different from Scrypt-Jane or Scrypt-N), I don't see nothing wrong at it.
In fact Feathercoin just offered whole Scrypt ecosystem new direction.

We should all be happy somebody is trying to push the algo forward and is developing new aplications.
Especially todays when 90% of new coins are complete scam.
I was never biggest Litecoin fan, but I do like your LTC related products.

I will be very hapy to try my GPUs at this algorithm.

1. the new algorithm has not stood the test of time. It is new code and very well may have side effects unforeseen. Who knows.

2. This stuff should have been done long before Feathercoin ever launched (over a year ago) as a copy-paste clone of Litecoin.

3. The direction Feathercoin is going is back into the GPU mining arena and will need to compete with 1000's of new coins that can be mined with GPUs/CPUs. What makes feathercoin so special that the majority of that market of miners will choose feathercoin over all the other options? My guess...they likely won't choos Feathercoin.

I am not saying that Feathercoin is a scam or that the FTC community are dishonest etc etc...what I am saying is that I believe Feathercoin is irrelevant. There is nothing that makes FTC stand out from the rest of the alt-coins out there that can be mined with GPU/CPU.

Litecoin Fanboy detected, your arguments are invalid.

Good job debunking my claims.

Everyone knows I am a Litecoin fanboy. Nothing new. Please keep up as it appear you are quite new around here. Thanks.  Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:50:20 PM

I would like to encourage everybody to keep this discussion in civilized way.
Both FTC fanboys and FTC critics.

No need to attack each other.
It is perfectly ok to present your opinios, however try to do it with glance and do not lose your temper  Wink

I agree but it appears the slightest amount of opposition in opinion turns some of the FTC supporters here into trolls.

I just wonder if they are insecure about their investment choices as the price has gone the opposite direction of where most supporters would want it to go.

All I did was present my viewpoint as a long time user of cryptocurrencies and instantly got the troll rant from some users here.

As I said, your insecurity with your investment into FTC is showing clear as day.  Grin Good luck with that.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:55:38 PM

Now i wonder what has litecoin done the last few month regarding development? I guess sooner or later Litecoin will get irrelevant....

Obviously you missed the part where Litecoin started with development and foresight into the crypto space before it launched in October 2011. I was there, I would know.

You completely missed my point and mistranslated it as well.

My point was that Feathercoin should have started with much of the changes it is doing now especially with the mining algorithm which would have set it apart from the scrypt coins.

If you do your research you will find that Peter Bushnell (FTC developer) basically copy pasted the entire code base of Litecoin and to the point that his client was getting Litecoin updates through the alert system...which in essence showed how inept he was to make the proper changes at the appropriate time.

The free market has made its choice, and to date it hasn't chosen FTC in any way shape or form:

https://btc-e.com/exchange/ftc_btc

vs

https://btc-e.com/exchange/ltc_btc

...as just one example.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:56:05 PM

Obviously you missed the part where Litecoin started with development and foresight into the crypto space before it launched in October 2011. I was there, I would know.

My point was that Feathercoin should have started with much of the changes it is doing now especially with the mining algorithm which would have set it apart from the scrypt coins.

If you do your research you will find that Peter Bushnell (FTC developer) basically copy pasted the entire code base of Litecoin and to the point that his client was getting Litecoin updates through the alert system...which in essence showed how inept he was to make the proper changes at the appropriate time.

The free market has made its choice, and to date it hasn't chosen FTC in any way shape or form:

vs

...as just one example.

Smoothie,

I agree with you that this change should come sooner.
You seems to be pissed off, did you baghold FTC and lost money before?
I remmember you was very active on FTC forum, you have over 300 posts there.

This change is good and FTC will rise in value. Lot of good development is going on and
new talented people are joining our team nowadays for example tmuir12 and Vongiappone.

Please give us peace.
We are performing ressurrection of best coin ever, at least in our eyes.

Thank you.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:36:46 PM

vs

...as just one example.

Smoothie,

I agree with you that this change should come sooner.
You seems to be pissed off, did you baghold FTC and lost money before?
I remmember you was very active on FTC forum, you have over 300 posts there.

This change is good and FTC will rise in value. Lot of good development is going on and
new talented people are joining our team nowadays for example tmuir12 and Vongiappone.

Please give us peace.
We are performing ressurrection of best coin ever, at least in our eyes.

Thank you.

why would I be mad if I made out well when sold the rest of my FTC roughly one year ago at the spike in early August 2013?

Just calling things as I see it.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

vizay

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:47:36 PM

Should something have been done earlier, probably.
Is FTC irrelevant, well, I'd say this is decided the same way price for a coin is decided, by anyone and everyone.
It might end up in a big nosedive, or it might be a huge success, nobody knows as of right now. I mean after all, we haven't switched algo yet so how could one know? Smiley

I find it interesting that everyone seem to deem the future of a coin purely based on how it's traded right now.

"FTC have a low price and low trading volume, hence it's an irrelevant coin that's going to fade away and die."

Does this really make sense? Will the trading volume or price never go up once it's gone down? I fail to see how this kind of argument is even valid in a discussion like this  Huh

With that said, I truly respect your opinion smoothie, however I also truly believe that you're wrong about FTC being irrelevant Smiley
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:53:03 PM

Is FTC irrelevant, well, I'd say this is decided the same way price for a coin is decided, by anyone and everyone.
It might end up in a big nosedive, or it might be a huge success, nobody knows as of right now. I mean after all, we haven't switched algo yet so how could one know? Smiley

I find it interesting that everyone seem to deem the future of a coin purely based on how it's traded right now.

"FTC have a low price and low trading volume, hence it's an irrelevant coin that's going to fade away and die."

Does this really make sense? Will the trading volume or price never go up once it's gone down? I fail to see how this kind of argument is even valid in a discussion like this  Huh

With that said, I truly respect your opinion smoothie, however I also truly believe that you're wrong about FTC being irrelevant Smiley

Traded right now?

FTC has been in the gutter for months. Hardly a "right now" supposition of price.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

calem

Founder #Zerozed $x0z

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 03:17:05 AM

I agree but it appears the slightest amount of opposition in opinion turns some of the FTC supporters here into trolls.

Your opinions are welcome mate but seriously, don't accuse us of trolling when you clearly just came here to poke at the hornets nest.

You've added nothing constructive to the conversation and will continue to run us around in circles. If it were not for the fact that people like yourself help to bump threads where they are visible, I wouldn't even bother.

But because this is sorta really important to the people who have dedicated the last year of all their spare time, I'll humor you for now.

Sorry team - but this is why I never had an account here in the first place.

vizay

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:55:04 AM

Traded right now?

FTC has been in the gutter for months. Hardly a "right now" supposition of price.

my point still stands, and with that said I have an honest question for you before we go on debating what's right and wrong Smiley
Do you honestly believe that once a coin has gone down it's not possible for it to rise again?
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:59:11 AM

Thank you for Bumping our thread Smothie  Wink

BTW looking at all time chart, man this coin have so much potential.
It was pumped several times without any obvious news (except first pump where Justabit scammed us all with unocs).
Now we have major news for the first time...new algorithm.

calem

Founder #Zerozed $x0z

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 09:19:45 AM

The Sky Hook arrived today as well.

When I get some time coming up, I'll start up a new thread on the forum to get ftc implemented for anyone else to copy.

The worlds first note accepting btc/ftc machine.. Should be neat.

tmuir12

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:57:57 PM

Since my name has been mentioned above I will mention why I am backing FTC.

As also mentioned above FTC has been around for some time.
I don't really care about the origins of how it was originally created.
I like the fact it has always had a strong community.
I remember reading with interest back in March about the creation of Hullcoin which the FTC team helped set up.

A noble cause I thought for the FTC team to help a local government come up and implement a radical new idea to help combat poverty.
Will it work?
No idea, but I applaud Hull city council and the FTC coin team for trying.

What ultimately will make any altcoin succeed?
I don't claim to truly know the answer to that question, but a good starting point is strong community support, to help develop and expand its use, and to that end I'm currently doing my part to develop an Arcade machine payment device based on a Raspberry Pi, which once complete will be released on Github for anyone to freely use.

Smoothie I have no problem with you taking it and using it for Litecoin, as I'm assuming they have a similar API to Feathercoin, and I have no issues with you considering FTC irrelevant, as I do for many other altcoins.
But can I ask you to stop and just contemplate that just because you consider FTC is irrelevant  doesn't mean you are correct.

Rather than spending your energy being negative, why don't you spend it doing something positive?
I look forward to you bringing something positive to the debate, be it about Feathercoin, Litecoin, or some other Alt.

FeatherCoin - 6p4gdv9S5YfHznfqxXmdMKEZyGbX9oyphe
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:05:13 PM

NeoScrypt Pool Modules Released:

NOMP MultiHashing PR: https://github.com/zone117x/node-multi-hashing/pull/26

Stratum Algo Module: https://github.com/ahmedbodi/neoscrypt_python

Stratum Mining Repo: https://github.com/ahmedbodi/stratum-mining-multialgo

^ You need to choose Algo 9 in the config

BTC Address for any Bounties/Donations for the hard work:  1NSm8i7R1JerA9SdbxaUPUQeTZLfoUkEeb

Ahmed

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
calem

Founder #Zerozed $x0z

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 10:51:17 PM

NeoScrypt Pool Modules Released:

NOMP MultiHashing PR: https://github.com/zone117x/node-multi-hashing/pull/26

Stratum Algo Module: https://github.com/ahmedbodi/neoscrypt_python

Stratum Mining Repo: https://github.com/ahmedbodi/stratum-mining-multialgo

^ You need to choose Algo 9 in the config

BTC Address for any Bounties/Donations for the hard work:  1NSm8i7R1JerA9SdbxaUPUQeTZLfoUkEeb

Ahmed

Thank you.

I or one of the team will repost this on the ftc forum and we will all try throw some btc your way.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: