Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:21:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FTC] Feathercoin Development Overview  (Read 26823 times)
iawgoM

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:49:50 AM

Not sure if justabit was part of a scam there. It seemed to me he had good intentions but he was too noob to see what was coming.

He sure was. Practically self-proclaiming himself a community leader (ok, he had a vote from some of community members because they believed that he has best intentions), then actually really doing some useful work in guerilla marketing style: mobilise people to make some noise by doing different tasks...then came UNOCS as next big thing. Unfortunately noone could actually confirm that it's really being developed. And what did he do before truth was obvious? He dumped shitloads of his coins and after the general panic resulted in decreased coin value he admitted that he already sold everything at peak value. Part of the plan the whole time, or just a instinctive reaction? We will never be sure...but we have many other reasons to have our doubts...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:57:28 AM

Not sure if justabit was part of a scam there. It seemed to me he had good intentions but he was too noob to see what was coming.

He was a pure pumper and dumper only chasing profit and did not actually give a damn. He had me fooled. Also you know why Feathercoin has a suppressed price don't you? This is part of the reason why we are switching algo. Feathercoin is committed to longevity and we will not be bullied into submission.

Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:57:31 AM

He was a pure pumper and dumper only chasing profit and did not actually give a damn. He had me fooled. Also you know why Feathercoin has a suppressed price don't you? This is part of the reason why we are switching algo. Feathercoin is committed to longevity and we will not be bullied into submission.

+1 he did 90° degree twist after selling on top and leaving his fucnctions to Wesphily.
This was well planed scamm.
Just ask NXT community how happy they are with him. How many bitcoins dissapeared? 40?
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:04:43 AM

Also you know why Feathercoin has a suppressed price don't you?

It's not a suppressed undervalued price, it's the true price.
The cryptoworld has changed beyond belief within the last year and will continue to do so. Feathercoin fills no niche, hence it is undesirable. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:11:53 AM

Also you know why Feathercoin has a suppressed price don't you?

It's not a suppressed undervalued price, it's the true price.
The cryptoworld has changed beyond belief within the last year and will continue to do so. Feathercoin fills no niche, hence it is undesirable. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

At least we are not going to be merged mined with tenebrix copy paste called Litecoin.
+ FTC is no longer Litecoin copy paste with Neoscrypt now.
calem

Activity: 291
Merit: 106

Founder #Zerozed $x0z

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 10:19:39 AM

https://www.coingecko.com/en?hashing_algorithm=Scrypt

We ain't doin to bad. Considering how many scrypt coins there are..

"Suppressing bad ideas can be as dangerous as the bad ideas themselves." | One of the greatest ethical and logistical challenges humanity has been forced to face is one that has not changed since the dawn of society itself. The fair and even distribution of wealth and power. Using the Diffusion of Innovations to model a more sensible inflation schedule, [x0z] Zerozed aims to bring stability to the wider market...
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:47:31 AM

At least we are not going to be merged mined with tenebrix copy paste called Litecoin.
+ FTC is no longer Litecoin copy paste with Neoscrypt now.

Litecoin was forked from fairbrix, not tenebrix.

calem

Founder #Zerozed $x0z

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 10:57:07 AM

You are correct... oh wait.
April 2013
http://mapofcoins.com/#

"Suppressing bad ideas can be as dangerous as the bad ideas themselves." | One of the greatest ethical and logistical challenges humanity has been forced to face is one that has not changed since the dawn of society itself. The fair and even distribution of wealth and power. Using the Diffusion of Innovations to model a more sensible inflation schedule, [x0z] Zerozed aims to bring stability to the wider market...
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:31:15 AM

April 2013

This is wrong. Just check the genesis blocks.

calem

Founder #Zerozed $x0z

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 12:28:56 PM

ahh. well there ya go.. does it really matter?

ftc was one of the first 24 coins created...

Where are the bulk of those previous 24 now? Most are dead.

Ftc might not be the most interesting coin to trade, but it certainly hasn't lost the spirit.

You will find ftc is often the most profitable coin to mine, even with it's dropping price, which has now steadied out.

If you have large volume you need to sell or buy, ftc has always been able to support it. Why do you think we had to create our own diff retargeting solution that never had any of the issue's of KGW etc..

ftc may not have been much a year ago, but it's come along way and its core supporters are seasoned crypto enthusiast's..

Christ-Clin

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:36:32 PM

FTC is an old coin Wink
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:15:09 PM

April 2013

The important is Coblee is not Scrypt inventor what plenty people don't realize today.
I will double check if it was fairbrix or tenebrix, thank you for your comment  Wink
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:52:14 PM

April 2013

The important is Coblee is not Scrypt inventor what plenty people don't realize today.
I will double check if it was fairbrix or tenebrix, thank you for your comment  Wink

Tenebrix Genesis: Thursday, September 8th 2011, 08:16:17 (GMT)
Fairbrix  Genesis: Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 04:31:18 (GMT)
Litecoin Genesis: Friday, October 7th 2011, 07:31:05 (GMT)

Doesn't matter of course. Just clearing up some misinformation.

Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:15:19 PM

April 2013

Tenebrix Genesis: Thursday, September 8th 2011, 08:16:17 (GMT)
Fairbrix  Genesis: Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 04:31:18 (GMT)
Litecoin Genesis: Friday, October 7th 2011, 07:31:05 (GMT)

Doesn't matter of course. Just clearing up some misinformation.

Interesting info, thanks. Last year after the alt coin explosion I think somebody tried restarting one of them.

Yes, its surprising that they keep mentioning that LTC started Scrypt.
calem

Founder #Zerozed $x0z

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 01:56:09 AM

I honestly think the crypto community needs to go back to it's roots.. After last year, things have gone a little crazy.

So much infighting and angst. Coins are creating tribes and this is driving segregation and prejudice.

What ever happened to us all been in this together?

tmuir12

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:46:11 AM

I honestly think the crypto community needs to go back to it's roots.. After last year, things have gone a little crazy.

So much infighting and angst. Coins are creating tribes and this is driving segregation and prejudice.

What ever happened to us all been in this together?

I think one of the main reasons is a lot of people have jumped on board altcoins for the wrong reasons.
A lot of people look at altcoins as 'get rich quick' schemes, rather than their reason of existence to allow easier cross boarder transactions and provide a medium of exchange that can not be tilted in favor of certain companies of countries like can happen with our current form of transactions.
As well as other reasons of returning the control of peoples wealth to themselves rather than controlled by governments.

If your main purpose for buying an altcoin is to 'get rich quick' you are going to do everything you can to rubbish any competition that may stop that happening, hence we see a lot of people now bagging out other coins to try and help promote the coin they have their money invested in.

I agree it would be a much better place if we all tried to work together, but I can also see a lot of people leaving if they didn't think they had a chance of becoming overnight millionaires by backing the right coin.
Bottom line is I think human nature for greed is what is causing a lot of the infighting in alts at the moment.

FeatherCoin - 6p4gdv9S5YfHznfqxXmdMKEZyGbX9oyphe
ChekaZ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 03:12:50 PM

Gpuminer for NeoScrypt is in the works.

Tuning on the P2Pmodul and StratumModul is going on to get it ready for the live version.

Updates will follow.

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
ChekaZ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:57:42 PM

We are still looking for help to implement NeoScrypt into the existing Sg/Cg/Cudaminer, made a new topic for it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735879.0

Thanks.

Regards,
ChekaZ

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
calem

Founder #Zerozed $x0z

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 04:17:51 AM

http://youtu.be/teA-h_jw5WE

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:29:20 AM

Price to me for FTC is due to lack of interest. The more you change the protocol the more people will think you will continue to change the protocol in the future. Not a good thing when it comes to how some of the best cryptos around have not done that.

Bug fixes do not count as changing the protocol. Feathercoin has changed it much to much for the masses to take it seriously. Hence why I no longer support it.

As for justabit, I had my suspicions but I never wanted to make accusations based on nothing. Good to know for future reference.

How do you spell his name? John M...?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: