Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:24:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stock Exchange testing, round 3  (Read 8239 times)
Nefario (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2011, 06:28:11 AM

Server is going offline for about the next hour to investigate.

I will update this thread when it's back online.

Nefario.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2011, 01:25:19 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2011, 03:22:21 PM by Nefario

yrral86 ,Just trying to go over you're error, and I thought it was a strange one, have not seen that before.

It seems you have managed to find/accidentally discover a somewhat obscure bug, congradulatons.

So you have 2 accounts on the system(am I right?).
The bitcoin address you tried to withdraw to is actually a deposit address you we're given for another account.

You had deposited 0.00000002 to your first account with the address 1MqoX4QphLAhvAEbGs9omJF1sBZbAC9Pwq, and then tried to withdraw 0.00000002 from your second account to the same address 1MqoX4QphLAhvAEbGs9omJF1sBZbAC9Pwq.

The withdraw was successfull, however there was a transaction charge which was removed from the general wallet (and not recorded in the database).

Also the address 1MqoX4QphLAhvAEbGs9omJF1sBZbAC9Pwq is only meant to be used once (for the initial deposit), any further payments to that address will not be entered into the db (although they will be put into your wallet account) which will result the balance of your wallet account and your db account being different, which is bad.

So my solution to this issue will be to prevent withdrawing to a deposit address, and setting minimum withdrawal amounts,  I also need to account for transaction fees (from the miners) for withdrawals.

I currently have 2 sets of books for bitcoin, and they do not balance as a result of the above. This is really something that I need to fix before brining the system online again (otherwise the mess to clear up will be much greater).

These are purely issues caused by interaction with the bitcoin daemon (that to be honest I hadn't known about). They are pretty serious but totally fixable.

For everyone who has deposited btc, issued or bought shares don't worry, everything will be just as it should when the system comes back online. But it will be a day or two before this happens(for me to fix the system, and then ensure everyone has their correct balance and shares).

nefario.

SzeChun

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 04:32:02 AM

Hey Nefario i'm just wondering if the GLBSE is compliant with China or U.S Securities laws?

Here take a look at chinese securities laws: http://www.csrc.gov.cn/pub/csrc_en/laws/rfdm/statelaws/200904/t20090429_102757.htm

Its a very big hurdle to overcome the complex securities laws of both china and US.
If you do not comply with their laws usually they take draconian measures (china more then the US).
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 04:34:39 AM

Its a very big hurdle to overcome the complex securities laws of both china and US.
If you do not comply with their laws usually they take draconian measures (china more then the US).

I don't think GLBSE cares to comply with these laws.

After all, bitcoin corporation listed there are probably not charted by the state.

SzeChun

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 05:09:32 AM

What abou

I don't think GLBSE cares to comply with these laws.

After all, bitcoin corporation listed there are probably not charted by the state.
Uhhhh what about GLBSE's future?

If the corporations listed there are not actually registered i hope you guys understand the implications of that.
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2011, 02:43:45 PM

SzeChun, GLBSE does in no way (nor will it in the future) attempt to comply with Chinese or U.S Securities laws for the same reason that the German DAX, or British FTSE or Japanese Nikkei does not comply. Being that they are outside the jurisdiction of the above mentioned states(although I am sure we are currrently within the reach of some state should they choose to act).

We will be (in the near future) operating from within cypherspace, beyond the reach of any terrestrial government entity.

With regards all listings on the exchange they do so at their own peril, and we recommend that they too also operate from within cypherspace, and everyone involved with such listing use pseudonyms such that they cannot be traced back to their real world identities, to avoid any government action against themselves.

GLBSE and BitcoinGlobal (nor I) are responsible for any actions by any governments against any group or individual as a result of using or listing on or using this exchange.

Nor are we responsible for any fraud (although we will do our best to mitigate it) also commited on the exchange. In using the exchange you(the user) take full responsibility for you're own actions and the consequences thereoff. It is you're own responsibility to assertain the risk involved in first putting any of your own money on the exchange or buying anything listed on the exchange.

In short if you use this exchange we assume you are an adult, and treat you as so, not some pampered, sheltered child. Buyer beware.

It should also be noted that this is beta software, and as such may at any time be taken offline to deal with any issues that may arrise. We will do our best to ensure that all data on the exchange is properly backed up in the event of a system failure or worse, a raid. But at this point we make no promises, this is a best effort service and will remain so until we get out of beta.

Regards, Nefario.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2011, 03:06:08 PM

SzeChun, GLBSE does in no way (nor will it in the future) attempt to comply with Chinese or U.S Securities laws for the same reason that the German DAX, or British FTSE or Japanese Nikkei does not comply. Being that they are outside the jurisdiction of the above mentioned states(although I am sure we are currrently within the reach of some state should they choose to act).

We will be (in the near future) operating from within cypherspace, beyond the reach of any terrestrial government entity.

With regards all listings on the exchange they do so at their own peril, and we recommend that they too also operate from within cypherspace, and everyone involved with such listing use pseudonyms such that they cannot be traced back to their real world identities, to avoid any government action against themselves.

GLBSE and BitcoinGlobal (nor I) are responsible for any actions by any governments against any group or individual as a result of using or listing on or using this exchange.

Nor are we responsible for any fraud (although we will do our best to mitigate it) also commited on the exchange. In using the exchange you(the user) take full responsibility for you're own actions and the consequences thereoff. It is you're own responsibility to assertain the risk involved in first putting any of your own money on the exchange or buying anything listed on the exchange.

In short if you use this exchange we assume you are an adult, and treat you as so, not some pampered, sheltered child. Buyer beware.

It should also be noted that this is beta software, and as such may at any time be taken offline to deal with any issues that may arrise. We will do our best to ensure that all data on the exchange is properly backed up in the event of a system failure or worse, a raid. But at this point we make no promises, this is a best effort service and will remain so until we get out of beta.

Regards, Nefario.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
SzeChun

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 03:07:33 PM

Perhaps you should choose to close down glbse until you are able to operate in cyber space since you are currently operating within china's jurisdiction.

I think the real risks is the people who are running the exchange,7 the laws are to protect investors and usually the investors and companies listed are not liable with exchange laws in this scenario.
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2011, 03:19:25 PM

Perhaps you should choose to close down glbse until you are able to operate in cyber space since you are currently operating within china's jurisdiction.

I think the real risks is the people who are running the exchange,7 the laws are to protect investors and usually the investors and companies listed are not liable with exchange laws in this scenario.

Firstly, my real life I.D. is not nefario that's not what it says on my id card. Secondly only I am based in China, the server is far... far away from this place(along with everyone else involved).

Thirdly, the Chinese government will be the last to hear about it (do you think they monitor English language websites that have nothing to do with politics or "China bashing"? I'm much more worried about the U.S. government seizing the domain, we'll see what we can do about this in the future).

And fourth, if they can't find me, the worst the government can do(actually this is the most likely action) is block the exchange from inside China, meaning Chinese users without vpn will be unable to use it.

The laws in China are to allow the CCP the absolute power to govern and remove anyone they wish for any reason possible. There is not a single person who cannot be found guilty of just one of the many broad and poorly defined, often contradictatory laws. Throw in that the judicairy is not independent and. The fact is everyone in China is living with a sword of Damocles hanging over their head. All it takes is doign or saying the wrong thing for it to be cut. Not to protect investors, this is simply a convienient (and often trotted out) excuse. Who protected the investors in the global financial crisis?

SzeChun

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 03:23:47 PM

Hey I'm not the judge questioning you, so dont throw all your defenses at me.

If you think you are safe from China's "Big Brother" then that's fine.

The servers maybe located ese where but servers are only a data storage, although it can be taken that whe the servers are is where the exchange is really at. Glbse is a entity that is illegal and the people who own that entity are liable to it's actions .

If you really wanna play the game of black market stock exchange I suggest you
Move to the pacific islands.
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 03:27:33 PM

Or throw it into a hidden network (tor, i2p, etc). Make the client to connect to the server in the hidden network.
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2011, 03:31:13 PM

Glbse is a entity that is illegal and the people who own that entity are liable to it's actions .

And this is the crux of the argument, the fact that someone (governments) have said person A is not allowed to trade (swap one thing they have for another, voluntarily) with person B without their express consent and payment is crazy.

Yes it's probably illegal, and will probably remain so for the forseable future, but thanks to a whole sleuth of new tools and services this kind of (illegal) activity is growing, and with the help of encryption becoming invulnerable (or at least more resilient) to government activity.

Not meaning to spew at your previous comment but it touched a nerve.

Or throw it into a hidden network (tor, i2p, etc). Make the client to connect to the server in the hidden network.
That's cypherspace, inside i2p or Tor

AllYourBase

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 03:44:40 PM

And this is the crux of the argument, the fact that someone (governments) have said person A is not allowed to trade (swap one thing they have for another, voluntarily) with person B without their express consent and payment is crazy.

That model is broken, and will soon go the way of the telegraph.  Welcome to the future.
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 03:52:31 PM

As an actual investor in GLBSE, I want to express my support with this stance, and I will gladly buy out any other investors that don't agree with this viewpoint.

As far as anyone else goes, you are free to avoid the goods and services provided by GLBSE and any companies traded on the exchange.
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2011, 04:04:23 PM

As an actual investor in GLBSE, I want to express my support with this stance, and I will gladly buy out any other investors that don't agree with this viewpoint.

As far as anyone else goes, you are free to avoid the goods and services provided by GLBSE and any companies traded on the exchange.
I confirm BitterTea is one of the initial investors of this project.

aahzmundus

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 12:21:22 AM

This is probably stupid... but I just don't know what to do.

Trying to run the setup and when i run "blackmarket.py" i get an "ImportError: No module named pycurl" 

I did install pycurl, and i can see it in C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages.....  from my little bit of coding experience i wonder if it is because there is no pycurl.h in the include directory... but I did install  pycurl both durring the settup.bat thing and manually after i got the error the first time.... did i miss something?

any ideas?

Anonymous

May 02, 2011, 01:04:57 AM

Hey I'm not the judge questioning you, so dont throw all your defenses at me.

If you think you are safe from China's "Big Brother" then that's fine.

The servers maybe located ese where but servers are only a data storage, although it can be taken that whe the servers are is where the exchange is really at. Glbse is a entity that is illegal and the people who own that entity are liable to it's actions .

If you really wanna play the game of black market stock exchange I suggest you
Move to the pacific islands.

That is absurd. The point of Glbse is that it wont be centralised on a server anywhere eventually. Most of the investors arent in china either. So you can shove your 'great wall' where the sun doesnt shine.

China doesnt have 'jurisdiction' outside of china. Neither does the us have it outside of the us.

Unless they themselves do something illegal like kidnapping foreign citizens which would cause a whole other issue.

SzeChun

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 01:46:16 AM

That is absurd. The point of Glbse is that it wont be centralised on a server anywhere eventually. Most of the investors arent in china either. So you can shove your 'great wall' where the sun doesnt shine.

China doesnt have 'jurisdiction' outside of china. Neither does the us have it outside of the us.

Unless they themselves do something illegal like kidnapping foreign citizens which would cause a whole other issue.

Look i'm not a lawyer so i wasn't going into the technicalities of securities laws.
Lets say NASDAQ's servers were in Canada, NASDAQ would still have to comply with US laws not only because they have US investors and Companies; but the people behind it are living in that country.
If you want to play the international black market game i suggest you find the legal implications of where your not liable.
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2011, 01:51:00 AM

Look i'm not a lawyer so i wasn't going into the technicalities of securities laws.
Lets say NASDAQ's servers were in Canada, NASDAQ would still have to comply with US laws not only because they have US investors and Companies; but the people behind it are living in that country.
If you want to play the international black market game i suggest you find the legal implications of where your not liable.

I know what you mean, and I (and AFAIK everyone else involved) know what we are doing and mean to do. We are aware of the possible consequences of our actions and have decided to do this anyway, we believe the payoff to be greater than the risk involved. It's our own necks that we are risking. Also you should have a read of the terms of GLBSE glbse.com/terms.html

Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 05:30:49 AM

Stock market is launching in about 4 hours (a little later than planned). I'll be around after the launch to help with any issues.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: