Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:47:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stock Exchange testing, round 3  (Read 8235 times)
Nefario (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2011, 03:27:01 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2011, 09:24:57 AM by Nefario

OK, so we've fixed some of the issues that were reported.

I've added a few details on installing the client(for windows users, but useful for Linux users too).

A tutorial on how to use the client

Some sample contracts.

Shares
Bonds
Futures contracts

EDIT:
Now you can also have a look at the assets that are listed on the exchange , go here

The servers up and running, go and register, deposit something small like 0.01btc

All orders and trades are listed on twitter @bitcoinglobal

We we're innitially planning on launching the exchange yesterday but decided against it, to be certain we wanted to run more testing, and we needed to develop some terms and conditions.

Keep an eye out for future announcements, we'll be doing some promotions, that will be able to bag up to 100BTC free.

See here for the related announcement from yesterday.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2011, 03:37:42 PM

Is it possible to run the exchange in -testnet mode, for the duration of testing? That way people could throw money around with wild abandon. It seems like it might be a better testing strategery.
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2011, 03:41:09 PM

Haven't set it up with testnet, and the amount really doesn't matter, 0.01BTC is plenty to play with.

Not to mention that not everyone has testnet btc.

dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2011, 03:42:30 PM

What was the reasoning for using a command-line client instead of a web interface?  A web interface would be more friendly to the average user.

Edit: I see you are working on a graphical client, so I'll rephrase my question: Why a desktop client instead of a web interface?

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2011, 04:12:53 PM

What was the reasoning for using a command-line client instead of a web interface?  A web interface would be more friendly to the average user.

Edit: I see you are working on a graphical client, so I'll rephrase my question: Why a desktop client instead of a web interface?

There are no passwords, we use public/private keys to verify a user. Ot provides excellent security and requires there to be a desktop client.

We may at some point in the future provide a web-based client for those prefering convienience over security but thats far down the list of things to do(could change if there's demand).

fabianhjr

Activity: 322

Do The Evolution

View Profile
April 26, 2011, 03:15:20 AM

There are no passwords, we use public/private keys to verify a user. Ot provides excellent security and requires there to be a desktop client.

We may at some point in the future provide a web-based client for those prefering convienience over security but thats far down the list of things to do(could change if there's demand).

No need for that, what about Google Accounts and other OpenID providers? Mine even calls me to my landline each time I login.

Also, :/, "random.seed(time.time())", I hope it doesn't use that to generate the keypairs.

FooDSt4mP

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2011, 03:29:33 AM

No need for that, what about Google Accounts and other OpenID providers? Mine even calls me to my landline each time I login.

Also, :/, "random.seed(time.time())", I hope it doesn't use that to generate the keypairs.

crypto.py:19-20
    def generate(self):
        self.keypair = RSA.gen_key(2048, 65537)

I haven't used M2Crypto, but I'd hope their RSA implementation doesn't rely on python's built in PRNG.

As we slide down the banister of life, this is just another splinter in our ass.
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2011, 05:24:59 AM

And this is why it's opensource.

How would you recommend we generate the keypairs?

BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 26, 2011, 07:40:03 AM

Having a problem on Windows 7, 64 bit. Ran the setup, everything installed fine. Need any more information?

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "blackmarket.py", line 10, in <module>
    from M2Crypto.util import passphrase_callback as prompt_password
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\M2Crypto\__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
    import __m2crypto
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2011, 09:32:36 AM

Having a problem on Windows 7, 64 bit. Ran the setup, everything installed fine. Need any more information?

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "blackmarket.py", line 10, in <module>
    from M2Crypto.util import passphrase_callback as prompt_password
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\M2Crypto\__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
    import __m2crypto
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

OK, I've cleaned a machine here and just run through the setup process, now my machine is 32bit XP so it's not comparable to yours. I've found that I've had no problems, the installation went smoothly.

So the issue is either due to it being Windows 7 or it being 64bit.

If we could have someone with a 32bit version of Windows 7 give it a try and report back that would help narrrow things down.

I'm guessing it's the fact that it's 64bit that could be causing issues, see this link.

But until someone with plain old 32bit windows 7 gets back to us we won't know.

vuce

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 26, 2011, 10:44:37 AM

So the issue is either due to it being Windows 7 or it being 64bit.
works fine for me on 64 bit win 7...
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2011, 10:49:35 AM

Well Tea, the problem is that its 64bit windows you're using, someone else has pm'd me with the same problem.

The m2crypto package that I included is 32bit M2Crypto-0.20.2.win32-py2.7.exe
And it seems that only activestate python business edition (not free) has a 64bit windows build.

Anyone know 64bit m2crypto packages for windows?

Perhaps it needs to be run in 32bit mode (is there a way to do this?)

vuce, do you have your machine configured in a certain way to handle 32bit applications?

vuce

View Profile
April 26, 2011, 10:58:22 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2011, 11:08:26 AM by vuce

vuce, do you have your machine configured in a certain way to handle 32bit applications?
no, nothing. Just clicked install and it worked like a dream. There was some openssl warning (i think) but it doesn't seem to affect anything.
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2011, 11:22:23 AM

no, nothing. Just clicked install and it worked like a dream. There was some openssl warning (i think) but it doesn't seem to affect anything.

Could you check add remove programs in the control panel and see if you have Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable package installed, perhaps you have a newer one that's 64bit?

If that's not the case then I'm stumped.

vuce

View Profile
April 26, 2011, 11:25:52 AM

Could you check add remove programs in the control panel and see if you have Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable package installed, perhaps you have a newer one that's 64bit?

If that's not the case then I'm stumped.

certainly. (I've no idea with what I've got that many though Smiley)
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2011, 12:08:50 PM

Thanks vuce.

BitterTea (and anyone else with 64bit windows systems) install this(also possibly re-install openssl), it's the 64bit C++ redistributable.
Then give it a try again. let me know the results.

http://glbse.com/downloads/vcredist_x64.exe

Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2011, 12:17:19 PM

Also I've just added a webpage to allow users to view assets that are listed on the exchange.

Right now when you click on an asset, you get a whole face of ugly in return. I'll fix that over the next few days.

http://dev.glbse.com/cgi-bin/list

Insuremeplz

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2011, 08:27:31 PM

I'm very new at all of this but I'm looking for the best way to throw a few hundred bucks at bitcoin in the riskiest way possible that gives me potential for the highest upside. I'm no financial expert and basically just want to gamble it up a bit. IIRC there is some sort of stock option where I'm basically buying a few thousand dollars worth of stock (or bitcoin in this example,) but if the price drops to a certain level those few thousand dollars revert back to the client/invester/someone that's not me and I just lose my couple hundred dollars. Can someone explain this to me and tell me if it's possible with this program?
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2011, 11:06:38 PM

I'm very new at all of this but I'm looking for the best way to throw a few hundred bucks at bitcoin in the riskiest way possible that gives me potential for the highest upside. I'm no financial expert and basically just want to gamble it up a bit. IIRC there is some sort of stock option where I'm basically buying a few thousand dollars worth of stock (or bitcoin in this example,) but if the price drops to a certain level those few thousand dollars revert back to the client/invester/someone that's not me and I just lose my couple hundred dollars. Can someone explain this to me and tell me if it's possible with this program?

You're talking about limit orders.

It's ot built into the system(yet) but can easily be done with a trading bot.

Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2011, 09:27:13 AM

Asset listing has been done, and now has nice formatting.

http://dev.glbse.com/cgi-bin/list

Content type returned is xml so it should show nicely in the browser (some of the older contracts are still there, and they still have the ugly formatting, all new ones are much more pretty)

Have a look
http://dev.glbse.com/cgi-bin/asset?id=8aba1348a88066189b6ea0753354976f92611aa63b5f4969c59e1c41f6717e1c.xml

These contracts are self verifying.

The contract id is the sha256 hash of the entire document.
The document includes the public keys of both the server and the user, and it includes the signature of the <contract> section of the asset by both the user and the server.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: