Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:18:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What good things has Obama had since he is elected ?  (Read 11526 times)
noviapriani (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:08:08 AM

If someone can tell me what good and meaningful successes has President Obama had since being elected ... what Democrats can call as one success ?

I’m not judging Obama only want to summarize ...

RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 09:10:31 AM

That is all  Cheesy

noviapriani (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:04:29 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 10:58:22 AM by noviapriani

That is all  Cheesy
Thanks for your reply....you perfectly describe in this post all that he accomplish during his mandate.........   Grin

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:01:14 AM

If someone can tell me what good and meaningful successes has President Obama had since being elected ... what Democrats can call as one success ?

He has had some good acts in past ...
-making the public schools system a lot better with special care and closing the gap between black or Hispanic students and white students , he made very good website named Obamacare ....
-and he did something G.Bush could not putting Americans back to work !
he killed Osama bin Laden ,
made Game of Thrones and much more hehe Cheesy
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:06:23 AM

Fixing the US Economy
Winning the war in Iraq

But the fact is that he started a new one with Libya ...
A lot of people would say for Obama. A wolf in sheep's clothing

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:27:06 AM

Fixing the US Economy
Winning the war in Iraq

The US economy is worse off now, than it was during the years of GW Bush.

And regarding the war in Iraq, read this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=647312.0
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:47:08 AM

Fixing the US Economy
Winning the war in Iraq

He did not win the war in Iraq. The invasion of Iraq wasn't really a war in a first place. It was a massacre. But he was the one who withdrew US troops from Iraq and he happened to be the president when Osama Bin Laden was found and killed by a SWAT team.

He can't really be credited for the killing of Osama bin Laden but he did made a good move by withdrawing US troops from Iraq and giving them back to their families.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
RiverBoatBTC

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 11:55:35 AM

Fixing the US Economy
Winning the war in Iraq

For once I agree with you, also unemployment has always been higher with obama in office then it ever was with bush. The numbers are actually higher then shown by the labor and statistics, due to a flawed reporting system of only counting people receiving unemployment. After the unemployment is out they are no longer counted.
Fixing the US Economy
Winning the war in Iraq

He did not win the war in Iraq. The invasion of Iraq wasn't really a war in a first place. It was a massacre. But he was the one who withdrew US troops from Iraq and he happened to be the president when Osama Bin Laden was found and killed by a SWAT team.

He can't really be credited for the killing of Osama bin Laden but he did made a good move by withdrawing US troops from Iraq and giving them back to their families.

Not a way? LOL... Those guys in the funny looking green suits that killed Osama were not SWAT ROFL. He did not withdraw troops it was in the plans before he took office, the reason we have 0 troops left is, Iraq did not sign a agreement to keep combat troops in place. GUESS what they are no asking for U.S. help again.

RiverBoatBTC

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 11:57:38 AM

He has had some good acts in past ...
-making the public schools system a lot better with special care and closing the gap between black or Hispanic students and white students , he made very good website named Obamacare ....
-and he did something G.Bush could not putting Americans back to work !
he killed Osama bin Laden ,
made Game of Thrones and much more hehe Cheesy

Our school systems have gotten worse in my state over the last 8 years, no pay raises for teachers in the last 5.

G Bush did not need to put americans back to work when he left office unemployment was lower then it ever was with obama.

umair127

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:58:56 AM

Fixing the US Economy
Winning the war in Iraq

yes that's true ...
I have found some interesting facts or if we can call them facts on Washington Monthly portal ... They counted 50 good things that he has done but I would not agree with all of them , take a look if you want ....
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/magazin...p?page=all

jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:00:04 PM

Fixing the US Economy
Winning the war in Iraq

Please, define "winning" in the context of US involvement in the Middle East.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Because any activity that costs $4-6 trillion and results in the deaths of over half a million human beings...doesn't involve any "winning".
sana8410

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:14:34 PM

What I think is that life in America is not improved right now , but it is not going down as well , like when Bush left the office , we could say that wages are keeping up barely with this inflation ... If we talk about the federal deficit it is still high but lower than it was in time when Bush left the place of president ... And we need to give him a medal for that school improvements about racism

We can not judge someone only by his bad moves , look both sides make compilation than judge .

Obama is not bad at all . That’s my opinion !

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
joshraban76

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:21:30 PM

To be honest, nothing.

Obama is one of the worst presidents who ruled the US.

- He failed in Iraq, no way he did win.

- He lost his alliance with Egypt by denying the revolution of 30/6.

- Again, playing dirty cold war with Russia "Ukraine issue".

To be honest, I wish I can find US full of peace and not ruled by a war-oriented mind !

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
noviapriani (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:28:30 PM

Ok, lets start, bad things he has done . he divided the country like first thing, and US debt by 2016 is going to be 27 trillion $ and 15 million of people with unaffordable health care failed acts in Crimea in Ukraine IRS scandals ...

umair127

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:30:24 PM

Fixing the US Economy
Winning the war in Iraq

Please, define "winning" in the context of US involvement in the Middle East.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Because any activity that costs $4-6 trillion and results in the deaths of over half a million human beings...doesn't involve any "winning".
We removed a murdering dictator who killed his own people by the thousands, we helped institute a government that gives the citizens the right to vote and choose their own leaders, we brought liberty to those people. We helped the country develop a military and police force so they can defend themselves against the terrorists. The real test is after we leave will it continue to improve or return to what it was? So far I would call it a win.

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:35:56 PM

A lot of murderers , kidnappers , rapists , and all other violent thugs are now out of the jail on streets of our country , all thanks to Barack Obama for making that new "Get Out Of Jail Free Card" for this violent people whose place is in jail ! The number of felonies that random person have committed is not relevant when they give that cards
Last year the ICE or Center for Immigration Studies provides fact that 36.000 convicted criminals are freed from detention . They all were awaiting the outcome of deportation proceedings ...

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sana8410

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:00:44 PM

Ok, lets start, bad things he has done . he divided the country like first thing, and US debt by 2016 is going to be 27 trillion $ and 15 million of people with unaffordable health care failed acts in Crimea in Ukraine IRS scandals ...
The affordable Care Act was not a failure.... it was the Legislative Branch of government that screwed that up...their tactics made it impossible to pass anything remotely close to a universal healthcare system in the US! Half of what President Obama is being blamed for were direct results of republican refusal to compromise!! Which kind of defeats the purpose of a democratic form of government. All the Bill actually does is protect people from the Insurance companies...it's a Patient Bill of Rights...not genuine health care coverage for Americans that need it!!! Universal Heath Care was the original goal, this was just a first step!!

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
umair127

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:05:48 PM

The affordable Care Act was not a failure.... it was the Legislative Branch of government that screwed that up...their tactics made it impossible to pass anything remotely close to a universal healthcare system in the US! Half of what President Obama is being blamed for were direct results of republican refusal to compromise!! Which kind of defeats the purpose of a democratic form of government. All the Bill actually does is protect people from the Insurance companies...it's a Patient Bill of Rights...not genuine health care coverage for Americans that need it!!! Universal Heath Care was the original goal, this was just a first step!!
I totally agree with you on the healthcare stance. The republicans should be ashamed of themselves when other developed countries including their eastern counterparts like Japan and Malaysia have managed to figure out a way to provide cheap and affordable healthcare while they themselves keep accepting 'donation money' from the healthcare industry to block reforms!!

In this research that was conducted in 2010 among 7 developed nations, US ranked the last in healthcare!:
  "Among the seven nations studied—Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States—the U.S. ranks last overall, as it did in the 2007, 2006, and 2004 editions of Mirror, Mirror. Most troubling, the U.S. fails to achieve better health outcomes than the other countries, and as shown in the earlier editions, the U.S. is last on dimensions of access, patient safety, coordination, efficiency, and equity. The Netherlands ranks first, followed closely by the U.K. and Australia. The 2010 edition includes data from the seven countries and incorporates patients' and physicians' survey results on care experiences and ratings on various dimensions of care."

http://www.commonwealthfund.org/Publicat...x?page=all

One of the reasons frequently quoted was the lack of gov healthcare coverage.. I'm glad that Obama recognized this and has taken solid steps to solve the crisis! Even going as far as not giving in to the republicans when they made the gov shut down and hold Medicare as hostage..

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:09:45 PM

Fixing the US Economy
Winning the war in Iraq

Of course we won the Iraq war, for appropriate values of "we." if "we" is a bunch of multinational oil corporations and defense contractors, then "we" definitely won the Iraq war. Iraqi oil is now on its way to market. Without "regime change" the sanctions would still be in place.
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:43:23 PM

We removed a murdering dictator who killed his own people by the thousands, we helped institute a government that gives the citizens the right to vote and choose their own leaders, we brought liberty to those people. We helped the country develop a military and police force so they can defend themselves against the terrorists. The real test is after we leave will it continue to improve or return to what it was? So far I would call it a win.

The US only removed the murdering dictator because he was no longer useful to US interests; he was no longer doing its bidding as he had done in the past, so he had to go. The US was actively supporting him up to the point he ceased to be useful; just look at the Iran-Iraq war and the atrocities he committed with US help and technology (where do you think the chemical weapons that he used to slaughter his own people came from?). But the Iraq war had nothing to do with instituting democracy in Iraq as the propaganda goes. If that was the objective, it could have probably been accomplished after the first war when Iraqi generals were busy trying to get rid of Saddam, but which the US helped prevent.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: