Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:59:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What good things has Obama had since he is elected ?  (Read 11519 times)
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:46:42 PM

Good question, I think he achieved many things. For example, he has some new suits and experience in doing speeches.
 Its likely he has a new car too  Smiley

I think he will achieve new relations with Russia (as in, trying to start a war on several 'playgrounds'. Ukraine and others;)

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:18:15 PM

We removed a murdering dictator who killed his own people by the thousands, we helped institute a government that gives the citizens the right to vote and choose their own leaders, we brought liberty to those people. We helped the country develop a military and police force so they can defend themselves against the terrorists. The real test is after we leave will it continue to improve or return to what it was? So far I would call it a win.

Saddam was good for you when the Iraqis were used as cannon fodder against the Persians. Yes, Saddam was a murdering dictator who killed his own people by the thousands. But what about George W Bush, who killed millions of foreigners, just to seize their oil and gas resources? Even during the Saddam regime, the Iraqi refugees numbered only in the thousands. Right now, more than 5 million Iraqis are living in refugee camps. If the US has any shame left, it should offer residence visas to these refugees.
RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 03:29:13 PM

Ok, lets start, bad things he has done . he divided the country like first thing, and US debt by 2016 is going to be 27 trillion $ and 15 million of people with unaffordable health care failed acts in Crimea in Ukraine IRS scandals ...
The affordable Care Act was not a failure.... it was the Legislative Branch of government that screwed that up...their tactics made it impossible to pass anything remotely close to a universal healthcare system in the US! Half of what President Obama is being blamed for were direct results of republican refusal to compromise!! Which kind of defeats the purpose of a democratic form of government. All the Bill actually does is protect people from the Insurance companies...it's a Patient Bill of Rights...not genuine health care coverage for Americans that need it!!! Universal Heath Care was the original goal, this was just a first step!!
I totally agree with you on the healthcare stance. The republicans should be ashamed of themselves when other developed countries including their eastern counterparts like Japan and Malaysia have managed to figure out a way to provide cheap and affordable healthcare while they themselves keep accepting 'donation money' from the healthcare industry to block reforms!!

In this research that was conducted in 2010 among 7 developed nations, US ranked the last in healthcare!:
  "Among the seven nations studied—Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States—the U.S. ranks last overall, as it did in the 2007, 2006, and 2004 editions of Mirror, Mirror. Most troubling, the U.S. fails to achieve better health outcomes than the other countries, and as shown in the earlier editions, the U.S. is last on dimensions of access, patient safety, coordination, efficiency, and equity. The Netherlands ranks first, followed closely by the U.K. and Australia. The 2010 edition includes data from the seven countries and incorporates patients' and physicians' survey results on care experiences and ratings on various dimensions of care."

http://www.commonwealthfund.org/Publicat...x?page=all

One of the reasons frequently quoted was the lack of gov healthcare coverage.. I'm glad that Obama recognized this and has taken solid steps to solve the crisis! Even going as far as not giving in to the republicans when they made the gov shut down and hold Medicare as hostage..

Lies... If you have money and/or insurance in the U.S. healthcare is some of the highest quality in the world. That's why people come from other countries to see our doctors.
Now on that note do you know why the best doctors come to the U.S. to practice? Have you ever thought long and hard about it? It has to do with free market Wink
Now a socialized healthcare system is not as grand as you think it might be, ask anyone who has served in the U.S. military they have had a taste of what U.S. socialized healthcare would be.
I do agree the U.S. needs healthcare reform, but as a U.S citizen If I DO NOTwant to purchase something I should not be forced to. This is going to start to lead to life style penalties as well mark my words, over wieght? You owe a 2,000 "penalty" on your taxes at the end of the year. High blood pressure refuse to quite smoking 5k "penalty".

Answer to why the U.S. has the best doctors.... is the pay, yup you got it. All about the $$$$$ doe ray me.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:00:17 PM

After thinking for a while, I came up with one good thing which was done by Obama:

1. He didn't initiated a nuclear war with Russia, over the Ukraine crisis. Had it been Hillary Clinton or Mitt Romney, half the world would have been already converted to radio-active wasteland.  Grin
RiverBoatBTC

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 04:10:19 PM

After thinking for a while, I came up with one good thing which was done by Obama:

1. He didn't initiated a nuclear war with Russia, over the Ukraine crisis. Had it been Hillary Clinton or Mitt Romney, half the world would have been already converted to radio-active wasteland.  Grin

I like my vodka with a kick thank you  Grin.

u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:16:02 PM

Rhetoric aside, no one is sufficiently stupid to go that far (disclaimer: this may be wishful thinking). Roll Eyes

Now, as far as how the situation with Iran has been handled for example, that is a case in which I could sort of see them caving in to more extreme positions and (mis)handling the situation another way. On the other hand, the president only has a limited amount of power; it's not as if they can do whatever they feel like, so chances are that in these types of matters it's really irrelevant who is the puppet "in power".
RiverBoatBTC

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 04:18:53 PM

Anyone just see that press conference on Iraq? Classic Obama bull honkey...

negafen

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 04:47:14 PM

He has been a good laughingstock for the rest of the world.
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:49:19 PM

Barack Obama has executed a whole lot of tasks.. However, the best of the lot is the killing of terrorist Osama Bin Laden and the end of war in Iraq.

JohnnyLightning

Activity: 223

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:55:16 PM

Obama has done plenty of great things, if you're a Marxist.    Undecided

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
RiverBoatBTC

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 04:58:21 PM

Barack Obama has executed a whole lot of tasks.. However, the best of the lot is the killing of terrorist Osama Bin Laden and the end of war in Iraq.

The war is not over, the U.S. may not be fighting it any longer but it is not over. I dono if you have been hiding under a rock these last couple of days or not. I can almost promise you more U.S. troops are about to be sent to Iraq for "training" and then it will progress. Why do I say it will progress? The ISIS, "islamic state in Iraq" will go ape shit if the US returns and will increase fighting, and send in more fighters.
The U.S. rules of engagement will change as soon as U.S. outpost are attacked, thus escalating the situation further.

bitgold

Activity: 353

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:01:37 PM

He has been sleeping in a prime residence in DC, kept silly George, scummy Dick away.

That in itself is a big accomplishment.

noviapriani (OP)

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:03:37 PM

That’s not true , he didn’t kill Osama Bin Laden , SWAT and FBI team did that , but yes that happened when he came to the office . But what you think about starting this war with Libya ? Is it the same like with Iraq just few miles difference same goal same oil same shits happening .

bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:04:35 PM

The war is not over, the U.S. may not be fighting it any longer but it is not over. I dono if you have been hiding under a rock these last couple of days or not. I can almost promise you more U.S. troops are about to be sent to Iraq for "training" and then it will progress. Why do I say it will progress? The ISIS, "islamic state in Iraq" will go ape shit if the US returns and will increase fighting, and send in more fighters.
The U.S. rules of engagement will change as soon as U.S. outpost are attacked, thus escalating the situation further.

I think it is also part of the plan, we will see more troops going to Iraq soon; USD inflation keeps continuing and many people don't get wage raised  Smiley The politicans have to solve this somehow, and I think they will do it by means of war (as they had done at the time of the great depression).

RiverBoatBTC

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 05:04:51 PM

That’s not true , he didn’t kill Osama Bin Laden , SWAT and FBI team did that , but yes that happened when he came to the office . But what you think about starting this war with Libya ? Is it the same like with Iraq just few miles difference same goal same oil same shits happening .

Swat and FBI, dude show me some proof of this. It better not be a stupid ass infowars link either.

JohnnyLightning

Activity: 223

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:05:39 PM

he's got Al Qaida on the run, running from Mosul to Baghdad.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
RiverBoatBTC

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 05:08:06 PM

I think it is also part of the plan, we will see more troops going to Iraq soon; USD inflation keeps continuing and many people don't get wage raised  Smiley

You know what that creator right? A class of citizens willing to take any job to support a family, need soldiers? Promise to 1500+ a month to start, free housing for his family, medical for his family and security see if people do not jump at the chance.

Old Rich men start wars, you poor men fight wars.

Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:14:44 PM

We removed a murdering dictator who killed his own people by the thousands, we helped institute a government that gives the citizens the right to vote and choose their own leaders, we brought liberty to those people. We helped the country develop a military and police force so they can defend themselves against the terrorists. The real test is after we leave will it continue to improve or return to what it was? So far I would call it a win.

Saddam was good for you when the Iraqis were used as cannon fodder against the Persians. Yes, Saddam was a murdering dictator who killed his own people by the thousands. But what about George W Bush, who killed millions of foreigners, just to seize their oil and gas resources? Even during the Saddam regime, the Iraqi refugees numbered only in the thousands. Right now, more than 5 million Iraqis are living in refugee camps. If the US has any shame left, it should offer residence visas to these refugees.

My conclusion: you can't save a fish from water.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:48:20 PM

He helped redefine the word "delusional" 

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/06/11/obama_the_world_is_less_violent_than_it_has_ever_been.html

jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:30:46 PM

Again, I'm way, way more an Obama fan than I was a Bush fan, but if the best things anyone can offer are passive decisions on the part of the Obama administration, they're not going to convince anyone.

Nader 2016?  Granted, depending on how the parties weigh in on the issues, I could swing a Clinton vote.  Probably couldn't justify going Republican quite yet though...they're got a bit of evolving to do on social issues, although their heads are in the right place when it comes to spending.

Come to think of it, does anyone have any info/sources on how international debts have been affected by Bitcoin trading (specifically the U.S., but EU data would be interesting/cool too)?  I might be way off in assuming this, but it seems like Americans owned a lot of BTC at the start...if other countries' holdings only increased significantly after the price rose to the current magnitudes, current international debt figures could actually be way off...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: