Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:35:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What good things has Obama had since he is elected ?  (Read 11526 times)
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:01:08 AM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Funny how Bush had authorisation from both party to go, but he does not need any... Grin

u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:34:07 AM

[...]

Wilikon, why do you always post a picture of the article you're referring to, instead of including, say, just a quote of the relevant part and a link to the article? Those of us with shitty net speed would appreciate it. Tongue
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 03:22:18 AM

Now now now, what bad things has he done? I can't think of any

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:42:56 AM

[...]

Wilikon, why do you always post a picture of the article you're referring to, instead of including, say, just a quote of the relevant part and a link to the article? Those of us with shitty net speed would appreciate it. Tongue

In the past, especially for "political" articles, you would get 'updates' with 'corrections' weeks, months later. I would copy paste parts of a text but then later to find the link to be broken, changed, etc. The page is something I like to respect visually.  I sometimes only get the headline of the front page for the visual impact and then copy paste the bit for the thread context here. I always include the original link as I rarely copy paste a full article if it is long. I believe people should visit the original links for making them some money and to make their own mind, not believing whatever I decided to copy paste here for my own devious agenda... Grin

Sorry about taxing your allocated bits. I believe you can disable your browser to automatically download any images. Then simply click on the link I would have included to read the full article, text only, making your own mind.

u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:04:06 AM

In the past, especially for "political" articles, you would get 'updates' with 'corrections' weeks, months later. I would copy paste parts of a text but then later to find the link to be broken, changed, etc. The page is something I like to respect visually.  I sometimes only get the headline of the front page for the visual impact and then copy paste the bit for the thread context here. I always include the original link as I rarely copy paste a full article if it is long. I believe people should visit the original links for making them some money and to make their own mind, not believing whatever I decided to copy paste here for my own devious agenda... Grin

Sorry about taxing your allocated bits. I believe you can disable your browser to automatically download any images. Then simply click on the link I would have included to read the full article, text only, making your own mind.

So basically, you're saying I should go back to using Lynx... oh well. Tongue

Anyway, yes, I'm aware of at least the Guardian at times "disappearing" a few politically inconvenient news stories; and I'm sure they aren't the only ones doing it. So, I take it you keep a collection of "interesting news" just in case? Smiley
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:53:40 PM

So basically, you're saying I should go back to using Lynx... oh well. Tongue

Anyway, yes, I'm aware of at least the Guardian at times "disappearing" a few politically inconvenient news stories; and I'm sure they aren't the only ones doing it. So, I take it you keep a collection of "interesting news" just in case? Smiley

"So, I take it you keep a collection of "interesting news" just in case?"...  Grin No need for that anymore. All of that is backed up on the NSA giant drives in Utah  Grin.
I only do this here with you, bunch of bitcoin lovers, from left to right viewpoints. Although I understand some here are moles and FUD spreaders though, for political or financial reasons, or both...

RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 08:57:29 PM

Had the U.S. patent office strip the Redskins of all trademarks.

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:04:59 AM

Could that action qualify as something good Obama did since he was elected? Smiley?

SunBin

Activity: 151

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:18:38 AM

He is good for being a laughing stock of the world.
RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 12:33:30 AM

Could that action qualify as something good Obama did since he was elected? Smiley?

Depends are you an american indian lol?

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:42:46 AM

Now now now, what bad things has he done? I can't think of any
Expansion of NSA & NSA powers incl. PRISM (planning may've predated Obama, but I don't recall him doing anything to stop it). Massive expansion of DoJ allowances & bureaucratic power. New, outrageous claims that Americans can be cyber-wiretapped if they communicate with foreigners. Unconstitutional expansion of "War on Terror" to include a great number more Mid. East countries including drone strikes in Pakistan and Yemen. Permitting immigration policy to remain tight while wasting resources on beefing up border security which is now reaching another crisis point. Some of the tightest press control of any president in history. Federal administrations have conflicting guidance on Bitcoin he's done nothing to help alleviate. Continued and expanded war on drugs, cracking down on marijuana dispensaries while legal in the county and state they're operating in. Killing Americans oversees without due process. QE9000, massive expansion of the government deficit, has created a situation where the next administration is doomed to fail (weak economy, poor housing market, boat-loads of unrealized inflation and Fed still has near-zero rates). Wide diversity and large number of scandals where administration somehow claims ignorance, from IRS political targeting, to Fast & Furious, to the VA scandal, to Bergdahl, to Snowden (obv. not just Obama admin which was damned there), Obamacare website fiasco & Obamacare figure manipulation (all gov't resource assurances broken once voted in favor of and in operation).

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, and I don't follow the news much. I don't even think his supposedly beneficial racial legacy is actually beneficial anymore, or at least no more so than Kwame Kilpatrick. Just suspending habeas corpus doesn't make you Abraham Lincoln. On a personal note, I think he's done a great job sowing distrust for ALL government and politicians among citizens, which I'm sincerely thankful for. There's no hope for change. Everyone's going to screw you over, so better to just try equalizing everyone's power, reigning in government and revoking judicial and executive privileges which've come in over the years.

I'll admit some of his picks have done some good things... EPA head (forget her name) and Warren come to mind, but it's not all sunshine and rainbows with them, either. Some alt energy sources have been given leniency and subsidies to get us off coal, but they still haven't gone after dirty energy manufacturers for extraordinary contribution to pollution and the health, environmental, and economic detriments brought with it which could be used to fund alt energy research, development, and deployment instead of making nominal improvements to dirty sources to make them a bit more clean (not that it's unique to Obama admin, but it'd be a nice change for someone promising change). Whether or not Iraq's ended in another disaster (which is hardly Obama's fault), at least no Americans are dying in the chaos (for now).
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:12:46 PM

Uh while we're on the topic, can we PLEASE fucking repeal the laws that mandate drug testing for federal contractors?  The healthcare.gov development fiasco should serve as proof that even if people are passing the tests, they're still fucking things up on the billion-dollar scale.  Why the fuck do we have to drug screen for jobs but not for welfare?
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:13:26 AM

I hope, this time, this time, but this time, no really, this time... he will do everything in his power to stop something he thought was not cool and stuff. Before 2008...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court’s renewal of the contested program, authorized under Section 215 of the Patriot Act, comes as lawmakers continue to debate reform legislation.

“Given that legislation has not yet been enacted, and given the importance of maintaining the capabilities of the Section 215 telephony metadata program, the government has sought a 90-day reauthorization of the existing program,” the Justice Department and Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) said in a joint statement.
The NSA’s bulk collection of phone "metadata," such as which numbers people dial and how long they talk, was one of the most controversial programs revealed by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden last summer. The program requires renewal by the secretive spy court every 90 days.

Some privacy advocates have urged the Obama administration not to ask for reauthorization while Congress debates a measure to effectively end the program.

The program is “not effective,” “unconstitutional” and “has been misused,” more than two-dozen groups wrote in a letter this week.

Administration officials have said that the program is necessary to track terrorists and foreign agents and have rejected calls to end or significantly reform the program without legislation from Congress.

The program’s renewal, which was officially issued on Thursday but unclassified on Friday, expires on Sept. 12.

The House last month passed the USA Freedom Act to end the phone records program, but that bill is still working its way through the Senate. Multiple reform advocates have worried that it does not go far enough.

The bill would end the NSA program and require government agents to get a court order before searching private phone companies’ storehouses of phone records, a move endorsed by President Obama earlier this year.

“Overall, the bill’s significant reforms would provide the public greater confidence in our programs and the checks and balances in the system, while ensuring our intelligence and law enforcement professionals have the authorities they need to protect the Nation,” the Justice Department and ODNI explained.

Critics on both sides of the aisle, however, have worried that compromise language in the version passed by the House could still allow NSA agents to grab vast amounts of records in one sweep, such as those of every resident in a single ZIP code or all subscribers of a particular phone company like Verizon.

http://thehill.com/policy/technology/210121-nsa-program-renewed-while-congress-debates-reform

ALToids

Activity: 519
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:42:55 AM

The single best thing he did is help bring Americans together in their hate of government (other than the ones looking for gov teets).  Now he has 2 years to get everybody to hate him equally and we'll be good to go.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 07:32:48 AM

That is all  Cheesy

No, no, no! You forgot about getting a lot of people killed, thus reducing the demographic pressure on the Earth's ecology. He should get a prize from Greenpeace for that!

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:37:40 AM

No, no, no! You forgot about getting a lot of people killed, thus reducing the demographic pressure on the Earth's ecology. He should get a prize from Greenpeace for that!

Well he did get a Nobel Peace Prize - perhaps it was in economic theory. Disparage enough people and they'll want to kill themselves and not have kids - the ultimate steward of the environment!
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:33:43 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2014, 06:48:16 PM by c789

There is not enough room for what he's done since elected, so how about things from just this week:

He fought against 4th Ammendment rights and was unanimously struck down by the Supreme Court a few days ago. If he had had his way, police could search your phone without a warrant. That's what he wanted and fought for (but thankfully lost) in the hearings.

He also has made unlawful and unprecedented appointments, and again was struck down unanimously by the Supreme Court a few days ago for this too.

His administration brazenly continues to coverup the IRS targeting of political opponents.

He is very, very dangerous.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:45:05 PM

1) 100% raise of the public debt;
2) Anti-protest bill.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:11:36 PM

He helped the tattoo industry a lot.

boraf

Activity: 315
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:25:37 AM

Giving us false hope is a good thing before he is elected.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: