Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 07:13:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What good things has Obama had since he is elected ?  (Read 11519 times)
taipo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Kia ora!

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 09:18:25 AM

He has a better grasp of the English/USA language than the dipstick he replaced.

Support the two platforms essential to protecting the identities of whistleblowers. Both accept bitcoin donations.
https://globaleaks.org - GlobalLeaks ( btc: see http://goo.gl/D5wM0L )
http://goo.gl/sZg2RN  - SecureDrop: whistleblower submission system
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:49:51 PM

He has a better grasp of the English/USA language than the dipstick he replaced.

A.K.A... "A better functioning forked tongue..."

http://youtu.be/S-uPwsbSwlM

http://youtu.be/RZBRIvySrfo

http://youtu.be/4XuItt6iuMc

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:24:25 AM

The smoothest talkers in the recent past have been Reagan (the zipper, the great communicator) and Clinton (the great unzipper, Oxford trained).  Bush, while you may love or hate him, would be able to carry a conversation with you without pausing.  He had gaffes like the "fool me once" line, but we all do stupid stuff now and then.  Obama slipped up once and said 57 states.  Am I going to fault him for that one misstep - no, he may not have slept all night worrying about some crisis unbeknownst to us.  He cannot, however, speak as smoothly as George Bush.

Watch this youtube video about AFO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdqIvFOKyGY

It's not particularly political.  Bush talks more or less like an average guy.  Obama tries to smooth talk you like he's trying to pick you up at a bar.  Obama says "uh" about 31x more often as Bill Clinton (have to find this citation).
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:01:21 AM

The smoothest talkers in the recent past have been Reagan (the zipper, the great communicator) and Clinton (the great unzipper, Oxford trained).  Bush, while you may love or hate him, would be able to carry a conversation with you without pausing.  He had gaffes like the "fool me once" line, but we all do stupid stuff now and then.  Obama slipped up once and said 57 states.  Am I going to fault him for that one misstep - no, he may not have slept all night worrying about some crisis unbeknownst to us.  He cannot, however, speak as smoothly as George Bush.

It's not particularly political.  Bush talks more or less like an average guy.  Obama tries to smooth talk you like he's trying to pick you up at a bar.  Obama says "uh" about 31x more often as Bill Clinton (have to find this citation).

Is it just me, or some people spend their time on completely inconsequential things? I mean, what difference does it make if he says "uh" more often than someone else? Shouldn't people be worrying about finding out where these guys stand on issues and where their funds come from before electing them, instead of worrying about how cool they are/look/sound/whatever? Someone once compared selling candidates to selling any other product on the market, and I guess he was right; avoid the issues and just focus on presenting a pleasant face so people will buy it.
DrG
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:48:02 AM

The smoothest talkers in the recent past have been Reagan (the zipper, the great communicator) and Clinton (the great unzipper, Oxford trained).  Bush, while you may love or hate him, would be able to carry a conversation with you without pausing.  He had gaffes like the "fool me once" line, but we all do stupid stuff now and then.  Obama slipped up once and said 57 states.  Am I going to fault him for that one misstep - no, he may not have slept all night worrying about some crisis unbeknownst to us.  He cannot, however, speak as smoothly as George Bush.

It's not particularly political.  Bush talks more or less like an average guy.  Obama tries to smooth talk you like he's trying to pick you up at a bar.  Obama says "uh" about 31x more often as Bill Clinton (have to find this citation).

Is it just me, or some people spend their time on completely inconsequential things? I mean, what difference does it make if he says "uh" more often than someone else? Shouldn't people be worrying about finding out where these guys stand on issues and where their funds come from before electing them, instead of worrying about how cool they are/look/sound/whatever? Someone once compared selling candidates to selling any other product on the market, and I guess he was right; avoid the issues and just focus on presenting a pleasant face so people will buy it.

The sad part is you read my post without looking at what I replied to.  Does the word context mean anything to you? Please look at the quote to which I responded to.   That's the one judging people by how eloquent they are.

Did you take any meaning from my post.  Look I don't care if they have to use sign language or grunt like apes if they're capable of thinking like Stephen Hawkings.  Unfortunately, the leaders we have had as of late make great apes look more intelligent.
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:14:01 AM

The sad part is you read my post without looking at what I replied to.  Does the word context mean anything to you? Please look at the quote to which I responded to.   That's the one judging people by how eloquent they are.

Did you take any meaning from my post.  Look I don't care if they have to use sign language or grunt like apes if they're capable of thinking like Stephen Hawkings.  Unfortunately, the leaders we have had as of late make great apes look more intelligent.

Oh, I read his post as well as yours, and I didn't mean to single you out in that; sorry if that was the impression it left.

My point is: wouldn't it be more productive to tell him just that (how eloquent they are is irrelevant), instead of going on a meaningless tangent that does nothing to help the situation, and then further wasting your time by offering to search for the source of the "Obama says 'uh' about 31x more often as Bill Clinton"? Tongue
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:52:19 AM

Good article at CNN about Obama's poor handling of Iraq:
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/27/opinion/gergen-katz-iraq/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
DrG
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:09:15 PM

Oh, I read his post as well as yours, and I didn't mean to single you out in that; sorry if that was the impression it left.

My point is: wouldn't it be more productive to tell him just that (how eloquent they are is irrelevant), instead of going on a meaningless tangent that does nothing to help the situation, and then further wasting your time by offering to search for the source of the "Obama says 'uh' about 31x more often as Bill Clinton"? Tongue

In my medical training we rely on evidence based medicine.  You can't spew out an argument without supporting data.  If I told him flat out usually people object as it being subjective.  So I tried to make it more objective showing the video and noting Clinton was much better.

What's silly is people who are so in love with Obama they thing he's a good speaker/orator.  JFK was damn good - that line "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" is notable.  Reagan had his city on a hill.  Clinton, despite all the trouble he got into, could charm the pants off most men and women.  Bush was able to win over quite a few D's in Texas with his charm.  Obama, well other than watching Game of Thrones and listening to Beyonce like 1/2 of America I can't see him as being real.  Look at he mustard he ordered on AFO in the video - all my African American friends eat plain old Frenches, not the uppity Grey Poupon.

So whoever makes those Hope & Change posters must be doing a damn good job  Cheesy
ManFromJupiter

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:28:21 PM

The best thing that Obama did siince he was elected is legalization of weed
efreeti

Activity: 350
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:00:23 PM

Obama care is pretty good for senior who has not reach the retirement age.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:48:56 PM

In my medical training we rely on evidence based medicine.  You can't spew out an argument without supporting data.  If I told him flat out usually people object as it being subjective.  So I tried to make it more objective showing the video and noting Clinton was much better.

What's silly is people who are so in love with Obama they thing he's a good speaker/orator.  JFK was damn good - that line "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" is notable.  Reagan had his city on a hill.  Clinton, despite all the trouble he got into, could charm the pants off most men and women.  Bush was able to win over quite a few D's in Texas with his charm.  Obama, well other than watching Game of Thrones and listening to Beyonce like 1/2 of America I can't see him as being real.  Look at he mustard he ordered on AFO in the video - all my African American friends eat plain old Frenches, not the uppity Grey Poupon.

So whoever makes those Hope & Change posters must be doing a damn good job  Cheesy

There must be a reason why ALL his school papers are locked down as national security and can't be accessed, unlike reagan's, clinton's, bush Sr's, bush Jr's or why no one remember him as a colleague or student or friend while he was a student.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2512309/posts

LAstar

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:01:58 PM

So let's smoke that weed!
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:13:09 PM

Then, get arrested by dog eric holder.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:15:51 PM

How exactly?

bitcoincal

Activity: 132

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:50:24 PM

I'm really trying to think of one thing.

1CuWECCUQwkmQTpJdXd6Ga5tXKoJ5f8tPb
RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 07:55:03 PM

Obama has not legalized weed, he just gave guidance to the DEA.

You are not a senior until retirement age, hence no retirement, senior citizens discounts or other things they get.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 11:08:22 PM

Obama has not legalized weed, he just gave guidance to the DEA.

You are not a senior until retirement age, hence no retirement, senior citizens discounts or other things they get.
What is retirement age in the US anymore? Pensions are a relic, social security's on the way out... I guess the age you can withdraw from 401(k) without penalty or emergency waiver? That's 62, I think? Irrelevant for some people, though. Maybe non-disability Medicare age?
DrG
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:08:55 AM

You must be high right now.  Stand outside the white house front lawn and light up, or better yet sell some weed and see what happens  Shocked
Justine

Activity: 169

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:30:24 PM

Was going to say obamacare.

I think the program got rolled back by the supreme court?
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:58:19 PM

Was going to say obamacare.

I think the program got rolled back by the supreme court?

A few minutes of "Googling" regarding the state of obamacare and obama's policy in general would be helpful for this thread  Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: