Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:11:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What good things has Obama had since he is elected ?  (Read 11526 times)
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:20:10 AM

No WW3 and no draft? Okay, so far we are good to go! Cheesy

Yep.. Only drones on countless children and their family... and some terrorists of course. We are good to go...  Grin

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4606
Merit: 1276

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:50:54 AM

http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/05/border-meltdown-obama-delivering-290000-illegals-to-u-s-homes/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So If I understand this well, the poorest Americans will have to wait after those 300 000 new people will be "serviced" before them because it is a just cause?

Probably you don't understand this well.  But who knows?  I'm just guessing about this, and going by my observation that such 'understandings' are usually a result of pumped up right wing echo chamber nonsense and more than a bit of predisposition toward such beliefs.

Anyway, it does make one wonder if this whole influx of young Hispanics is an implementation of the supposed strategy to use Central Americans as our primary bullet-stoppers at the far flung corners of our empire.  Time will tell.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
ALToids

Activity: 519
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:47:22 AM

What I find comical here in Southern California is the local TV stations showing Hispanics protesting that the kids should be allowed to stay.  I know about 100 Hispanic families, 6 of them very closely. 5 of those families have been here for more than 3 generations.  Of the 10 or so families that I've spoken about this issue to in casual conversation, 7 want the kids deported.  5 of those 7 families are the ones that have the long roots here.  2 Cubans, 2 Mexicans, 1 Guatemalan.

I guess when you identify yourself as an American you see it as cheating the system. When you identify it as a Mexican or El Salvadoran living in the US you see it as a humanitarian issue.

If you identify yourself as a politician you see it as more votes LOL
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:42:31 PM

http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/05/border-meltdown-obama-delivering-290000-illegals-to-u-s-homes/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So If I understand this well, the poorest Americans will have to wait after those 300 000 new people will be "serviced" before them because it is a just cause?

Probably you don't understand this well.  But who knows?  I'm just guessing about this, and going by my observation that such 'understandings' are usually a result of pumped up right wing echo chamber nonsense and more than a bit of predisposition toward such beliefs.

Anyway, it does make one wonder if this whole influx of young Hispanics is an implementation of the supposed strategy to use Central Americans as our primary bullet-stoppers at the far flung corners of our empire.  Time will tell.

While we wait for my understanding to materialize here are the data, right wing echo chamber free, if you chose to believe it is, of course Smiley
I can understand why some liberals would see this as a positive and genius move from obama. Too bad about all those children who died or turned into food rapist. "Can't make an omelette without breaking some young south american eggs" could be the new motto from the O's cheerleaders...

Deportation data won't dispel rumors drawing migrant minors to U.S.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-deport-children-20140706-story.html#page=1

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4606
Merit: 1276

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:26:07 PM

While we wait for my understanding to materialize here are the data, right wing echo chamber free, if you chose to believe it is, of course Smiley
I can understand why some liberals would see this as a positive and genius move from obama. Too bad about all those children who died or turned into food rapist. "Can't make an omelette without breaking some young south american eggs" could be the new motto from the O's cheerleaders...

My comment was more toward the veracity of the suggestion that support to Americans was going to cease resulting in seniors adopting a diet of cat-food until we bought every S. American refugee a Porche or whatever gibberish Fox News is forcing down the throats of their gullible audience.

Fact is that immigration is widely used by the business class to force down wages, and that is very likely a big part of the 'problem' which has mysteriously proven so 'intractable' over the decades.  From the 'Liberal' standpoint this 'problem' is nothing but one more in a countless string of examples of Obama being indistinguishable (if not worse) than any other political who is totally beholden to corporate interests.

Again, the question in my mind is whether this whether there is a direct link to the military/industrial component given the interesting age cohort observable with this latest 'immigration problem.'  Americans do seem to be getting fed up with their own kids coming back from the edges of the empire without all of their limbs.  Presumably it would not be that big a deal if it were some immigrant kid doing his duty in the service of America who took the brunt of this damage.  Especially if we could dump them back to their country of origin if they ended up injured and costing tax dollars.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:39:16 PM

My comment was more toward the veracity of the suggestion that support to Americans was going to cease resulting in seniors adopting a diet of cat-food until we bought every S. American refugee a Porche or whatever gibberish Fox News is forcing down the throats of their gullible audience.

Fact is that immigration is widely used by the business class to force down wages, and that is very likely a big part of the 'problem' which has mysteriously proven so 'intractable' over the decades.  From the 'Liberal' standpoint this 'problem' is nothing but one more in a countless string of examples of Obama being indistinguishable (if not worse) than any other political who is totally beholden to corporate interests.

Again, the question in my mind is whether this whether there is a direct link to the military/industrial component given the interesting age cohort observable with this latest 'immigration problem.'  Americans do seem to be getting fed up with their own kids coming back from the edges of the empire without all of their limbs.  Presumably it would not be that big a deal if it were some immigrant kid doing his duty in the service of America who took the brunt of this damage.  Especially if we could dump them back to their country of origin if they ended up injured and costing tax dollars.

This which you wrote, is a rather strange concoction of illogic, fantasy, and shreds of fact aligned with  each other regardless of the lack of meaning in so doing.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:42:05 PM

Probably you don't understand this well.  But who knows?  I'm just guessing about this...
Those of us that live in the border areas don't need the help of your guesswork.
ALToids

Activity: 519
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:38:50 PM

You do realize that these kids will be citizens very shortly.  They will get minimum wage jobs in border states.  Look what just happened to the minimum wage in San Diego.  All that cheap labor as you call it will unionize in 5 seconds thanks to SEIU and force companies (at least those that don't have government holding back the union leashes) to basically do wealth redistribution (whether you're for it or against it).

I agree the CEOs make way too much considering they are not being held responsible when something bad happens (they take the 5th).  The boards of publicly held companies having turned into crony capitalism - and Obama is currently king of such a jester court (previously Haliburton via Bush/Cheney).
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:57:21 PM

Axelrod: Obama’s Approval Rating In The Toilet Because Voters Lack Brain Power To Appreciate How Smart He Is…

President Obama’s approval ratings continue to sink to fresh lows as a growing number of Americans turn away from the harbinger of the tired and worn-out message of “hope and change.”

But it’s not because of the White House’s ham-fisted handling of a myriad of scandals, including the Internal Revenue Service’s targeting of conservative groups, the 2012 terrorist attacks on U.S. facilities in Benghazi, Libya, the National Security Agency’s ever-growing surveillance program, the White House’s decision to circumvent Congress and release five Taliban officers in exchange Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl or the still-brewing scandal involving the Department of Veterans Affairs.

No, here love died between voters and the president because he’s just too darn complex, or so says David Axelrod, a former senior adviser to the president.

National Review’s Rich Lowry flagged this gem of a quote in a recent New York Times article:

Reagan significantly changed the trajectory of the country for better and worse. But he restored a sense of clarity. Bush and Cheney were black and white, and after them, Americans wanted someone smart enough to get the nuances and deal with complexities. Now I think people are tired of complexity and they’re hungering for clarity, a simpler time. But that’s going to be hard to restore in the world today.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2550540/

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:06:02 PM

Fixing the US Economy
Winning the war in Iraq

But the fact is that he started a new one with Libya ...
A lot of people would say for Obama. A wolf in sheep's clothing

I just had to comment on this..

Winning the war in Iraq... That's like saying my High school basketball team did things because we dummied the 6yo rec team.  Like not even middle school the pre school team...
You went into a country that had maybe 5 tanks and beat them... SUCH IMPRESSIVE...
hotsaucee

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:10:28 PM

Well hes about to help student loan debts right.  I guess thats 1 step in the right direction.

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:42:07 PM

Well hes about to help student loan debts right.  I guess thats 1 step in the right direction.

Hum.. no he is not.  He is still making them 100% impossible to default on and pushes the idea that if you don't spend $100,000's you'll never get a good job..  Then you find out after you're in so much debt nothing can save you that the awesome sauce job you went to school for and went in massive debt for pays 25% more than the factory you could of started at 4 years ago.

You can pay the loans back over a longer time now though with out getting a black mark on your record!! YAY!!!!  .....  welcome debt slaves to our new wonderful world.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 12:49:29 AM

The context:

http://youtu.be/NbEs4B5RKFA

taipo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Kia ora!

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 05:39:21 AM

Yes your country needs a new president to start shitting on.

Support the two platforms essential to protecting the identities of whistleblowers. Both accept bitcoin donations.
https://globaleaks.org - GlobalLeaks ( btc: see http://goo.gl/D5wM0L )
http://goo.gl/sZg2RN  - SecureDrop: whistleblower submission system
skottiejay

Activity: 140
Merit: 110

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 05:42:36 AM

If someone can tell me what good and meaningful successes has President Obama had since being elected ... what Democrats can call as one success ?

I’m not judging Obama only want to summarize ...

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Did you see the news that Holder resigned today? He was "advised" to do so.
Nothing in his administration has done any good for anyone, I tried signing up for the ACA and it would have raped me financially HAD I THE MONEY TO DO SO.

Also I'm repub.

But that's not the point. I probably would like the guy outside the presidency, hell I'd probably hang out with him. He seems like a really nice guy.

Also I read an interesting article about how he used conversational hypnosis to make people vote for him in the first election, I wish I still had that link.

Basically here's the gist of his presidency:

Scandal
Scandal
Scandal
"I got Osama whooppeee"
"Attends 90000 basketball games with celebs"
"Nothing gets done"

I'm sorry I just have a sore spot for Obama.

What else could I say?
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:56:00 AM

Axelrod: Obama’s Approval Rating In The Toilet Because Voters Lack Brain Power To Appreciate How Smart He Is…

President Obama’s approval ratings continue to sink to fresh lows as a growing number of Americans turn away from the harbinger of the tired and worn-out message of “hope and change.”

But it’s not because of the White House’s ham-fisted handling of a myriad of scandals, including the Internal Revenue Service’s targeting of conservative groups, the 2012 terrorist attacks on U.S. facilities in Benghazi, Libya, the National Security Agency’s ever-growing surveillance program, the White House’s decision to circumvent Congress and release five Taliban officers in exchange Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl or the still-brewing scandal involving the Department of Veterans Affairs.

No, here love died between voters and the president because he’s just too darn complex, or so says David Axelrod, a former senior adviser to the president.

National Review’s Rich Lowry flagged this gem of a quote in a recent New York Times article:

Reagan significantly changed the trajectory of the country for better and worse. But he restored a sense of clarity. Bush and Cheney were black and white, and after them, Americans wanted someone smart enough to get the nuances and deal with complexities. Now I think people are tired of complexity and they’re hungering for clarity, a simpler time. But that’s going to be hard to restore in the world today.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2550540/

I made a bet to keep track of his approval ratings in the future
I am not really expecting him to set the low bar which is Bush that was pretty bad and it could be a whole different topic on what good things did Bush do when he was elected ?

Still I am a bit impressed that he is hovering close around 40% That Nobel Peace Prize Eh Smiley
http://www.gallup.com/poll/124922/Presidential-Approval-Center.aspx

___________President Obama - Approval Rating 1 Aug 2014
Options: 41 and Lower | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 and Over

http://www.gallup.com/video/172001/president-barack-obama-job-approval-higher-george-bush-midterm-second-term.aspx?utm_source=tagrss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=syndication
June 26, 2014
President Barack Obama's Job Approval Higher Than George W. Bush, at Midterm of Second Term
Gallup Editor-in-Chief Frank Newport compares President Barack Obama's job approval rating with other recent presidents' ratings at the midterm of their second terms.

Obama 41% Bush was 30%

But thats nothing congress is like 15% lol. That's impressive then again with all the bloody infighting everytime we see the Fiscal Cliff can see why the President is more popular mumbles ...
http://www.gallup.com/poll/1600/congress-public.aspx

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 03:20:51 PM

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:23:00 PM

Obama Admits He Lied To Voters: “I’m Telling The Truth Now” Because I’m Not Running For Office…

http://youtu.be/1lxFXGRDnGY

“I’m just telling the truth now. I don’t have to run for office again, so I can just, you know, let her rip.”

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:29:31 PM

If someone can tell me what good and meaningful successes has President Obama had since being elected ... what Democrats can call as one success ?

I’m not judging Obama only want to summarize ...

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Did you see the news that Holder resigned today? He was "advised" to do so.
Nothing in his administration has done any good for anyone, I tried signing up for the ACA and it would have raped me financially HAD I THE MONEY TO DO SO.

Also I'm repub.

But that's not the point. I probably would like the guy outside the presidency, hell I'd probably hang out with him. He seems like a really nice guy.

Also I read an interesting article about how he used conversational hypnosis to make people vote for him in the first election, I wish I still had that link.

Basically here's the gist of his presidency:

Scandal
Scandal
Scandal
"I got Osama whooppeee"
"Attends 90000 basketball games with celebs"
"Nothing gets done"

I'm sorry I just have a sore spot for Obama.

Is this what you are talking about?

DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:31:25 PM

Marijuana has been legalised in few states, no? Grin Even thought not on federal law level  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: