Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:05:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What good things has Obama had since he is elected ?  (Read 11526 times)
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:07:35 PM

http://therightscoop.com/houston-black-woman-goes-on-epic-rant-about-unaccompanied-illegals-why-cant-they-go-back/

Black Americans: The True Casualties of Amnesty
Democrats throw black voters under the bus.

One of the sleeper issues surrounding the debate on amnesty for illegal immigrants – an inconvenient one that no proponent of a widespread amnesty wishes to acknowledge – is the devastating effect so-called immigration reform will have on African Americans.

The black unemployment rate is almost 11 percent, far higher than that of any other group profiled by labor statistics. African Americans are disproportionately employed in lower-skilled jobs – the very same jobs immigrants take. As Steven Camarota asked in a recent column, why double immigration when so many people already aren’t working?

Who will be harmed most by amnesty? African-Americans.

The issue resurfaced this week when a YouTube video emerged of two young African-Americans confronting pro-illegal-immigration demonstrators in Murrieta, California. Murrieta is one of the towns in which undocumented minors are being relocated — and supporters are squaring off with protestors.

The young man argues:

If somebody brought six children to your house and you ain’t got no job, are you gonna take them in?… What are you gonna do? Are you gonna try to go out there and take care of these children AND the children you got already that you can’t take care of?… What are we going to do for the people who are here who are starving already?… We got our OWN people that are starving and hungry…. Why would we add to the problem?!

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/382338/black-americans-true-casualties-amnesty-j-delgado

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:15:59 PM

PHOTOS: Obama Laughs His Way Through Meeting with Gov. Perry

July 10, 2014

Reuters published these two photos from President Obama’s meeting with Texas Gov. Rick Perry Wednesday. The president and the governor met in Dallas to discuss the humanitarian crisis on the Texas-Mexico border. The federal government estimates that 57,000 unaccompanied children have been taken in after illegally crossing into the United States.

In the two photos, Gov. Perry and his team appear to be taking the moment seriously. President Obama is grinning and laughing.

Obama himself has described the situation on the border as a “humanitarian crisis.”

President Obama refuses to visit the border while he is in Texas this week, despite the fact that while he is in Austin for a fundraiser he will be a short flight from the Rio Grande Valley. The vast majority of the illegal crossings are occurring in that region.

President Obama has requested $3.7 billion in emergency funding to handle the crisis, with most of that going to process and care for the children, not secure the border.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/07/10/photos-obama-laughs-his-way-through-meeting-with-gov-perry/

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:16:11 PM

It hasn't really sunk in yet or hit home to the black folks I encounter on a regular basis up here in the Great Lakes region. Of course, my normal encounters are through a major hospital where the employees mostly have it pretty good, unlike those in the inner city or its offshoots. Forget competing for low wage jobs but consider thinking about one's welfare benefits or related entitlements and how the writing is on the wall for how your future will look as more people are on the take. Around 38% of Americans are on some sort of welfare, disability or similar program and the numbers are only going up. I wonder how outsiders think about good ole America going down the tubes..
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:24:24 PM

It hasn't really sunk in yet or hit home to the black folks I encounter on a regular basis up here in the Great Lakes region. Of course, my normal encounters are through a major hospital where the employees mostly have it pretty good, unlike those in the inner city or its offshoots. Forget competing for low wage jobs but consider thinking about one's welfare benefits or related entitlements and how the writing is on the wall for how your future will look as more people are on the take. Around 38% of Americans are on some sort of welfare, disability or similar program and the numbers are only going up. I wonder how outsiders think about good ole America going down the tubes..

You voted at 90% for the One, believing he was your savior... but ends up being your pied piper, damning you to hell...

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4606
Merit: 1276

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:28:54 AM

Ah, I thought of one today:  Chuck Hagel.

He would not have been my first pick by any stretch, but at least Obama stood up to the neocons for once and demonstrated that he's the president of the United Fuckin States and his pick to head the defense dept will be looking out for number one as his first priority (and won't be fellating any donkeys.)

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:54:02 PM

Bloggers, Surveillance and Obama’s Orwellian State

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 09:08:04 PM

Marijuana has been legalised in few states, no? Grin Even thought not on federal law level  Roll Eyes

Obama didn't build that!!!   Shocked Grin
Wow, c'mon mang you know how much work the people had to put in just to get that far and you just give Obama credit for it all just like that.  The federal laws are still shite and I've not seen Obama make any real changes in that arena...
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:54:04 PM

Marijuana has been legalised in few states, no? Grin Even thought not on federal law level  Roll Eyes

Wow, c'mon mang you know how much work the people had to put in just to get that far and you just give Obama credit for it all just like that.  The federal laws are still shite and I've not seen Obama make any real changes in that arena...

That is a good point, but it is true that Holder's justice dept finally lightened up even if it took a while.  That is a little something.

What is very interesting to me is that Holder's 'operation choke point' targets a lot of things, but almost seems to coddle the medical (chuckle) marijuana industry.  I've not formulated any good hypothesis for their fairly 180 degree turn on this issue.  Whatever the reason is, I'd not be at all surprised if it has some nefarious character to it.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:58:44 PM

That is a good point, but it is true that Holder's justice dept finally lightened up even if it took a while.  That is a little something.

What is very interesting to me is that Holder's 'operation choke point' targets a lot of things, but almost seems to coddle the medical (chuckle) marijuana industry.  I've not formulated any good hypothesis for their fairly 180 degree turn on this issue.  Whatever the reason is, I'd not be at all surprised if it has some nefarious character to it.

Well, Holder has been coming out on reforming the criminal justice system meaning that people can eventually be forgiven of past minor and non-violent drug convictions so standing strong on these cannabis legalizing states wouldn't jive w/ that. Part of it is they don't want Rand Paul to get the lion's share of the credit for leading the charge on this issue or otherwise many minorities would have little or no reason to continue to support democrats especially in 2016 if Paul is the at the GOP's top of the ticket.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:18:23 PM

Well, Holder has been coming out on reforming the criminal justice system meaning that people can eventually be forgiven of past minor and non-violent drug convictions so standing strong on these cannabis legalizing states wouldn't jive w/ that. Part of it is they don't want Rand Paul to get the lion's share of the credit for leading the charge on this issue or otherwise many minorities would have little or no reason to continue to support democrats especially in 2016 if Paul is the at the GOP's top of the ticket.

Very good points and I agree that Holder's actions for reform of the criminal justice system are a positive but I believe the decision is purely politically driven as suggested by Chef Ramsay.  Remaining relevant being the basis of the decision would make the most sense in my opinion.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:40:53 PM

Very good points and I agree that Holder's actions for reform of the criminal justice system are a positive but I believe the decision is purely politically driven as suggested by Chef Ramsay.  Remaining relevant being the basis of the decision would make the most sense in my opinion.

Agree.  The 'just electoral politics' hypothesis is a strong one.

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:04:48 PM

The checked-out presidency

Our friend Matt Lewis, of Daily Caller fame, has a column this weekend at The Telegraph which puts forth a rather difficult to dispute assertion; Barack Obama has already checked out of his job. In it, he points to a number of items in evidence which support this theory.

President Obama has emotionally checked out of his job a couple of years early, it seems. How can one tell?

Candidates for president who brazenly assume they are the inevitable victor are sometimes accused of “measuring the drapes” for the White House.

Obama, conversely, seems to be prematurely packing his bags in hopes for an early departure.

Just last week, for example, the Los Angeles Times reported that “The First Family is believed to be in escrow on a contemporary home in a gated community where entertainers Frank Sinatra, Bob Hope and Bing Crosby once maintained estates”.

George Santayana observed that “Americans don’t solve problems, they leave them behind”. Perhaps the president is taking this to heart.

The President’s new prospective digs are on the Left Coast, not the Windy City, so is Obama already engaged in more California dreaming than managing the affairs of the nation? Rounds of golf, fundraisers, barbecue pit stops in Texas and toying with doing Jimmy Kimmel’s show while the nation and the world erupt in multiple lesions and fractures certainly lend the appearance of it. But even with the caveat that the White House travels with the President and people are capable of focusing on more than one thing at a time, it’s not hard to see this presidency as one which already has its eyes on the off ramp.

While you’re free to think what you will about Barack Obama’s “true intentions” when he originally made the decision to seek the presidency, I still feel that he came to the job as a true believer. (Of course, as Steve Martin pointed out in the film Leap of Faith, the true believers – or the Genuine Article – are the ones you always have to watch out for.) Barack Obama honestly felt that his mere presence on the stage would bring the various factions of the nation and the world together… that everyone would, sooner or later, recognize the brilliance of his vision and the structural soundness of his solutions to the planet’s ills and things would truly change.

He was reinforced in this belief constantly, starting with the phenomenal reception to his Yes We Can speech in New Hampshire in January of 2008. We’re used to a history of glad handing, baby kissing politicians making all sorts of grandiose promises which offer impossible visions. We’re also used to knowing in the back of our minds that they generally don’t even believe the pablum they’re peddling themselves. But not so with Barack Obama. I honestly think he really believed it. He wasn’t just falling victim to his own hype… he was embodying it. It’s what led him to send Hillary to Russia with her reset button and make one concession after another to our traditional enemies. The world was about to change, and he would be the catalyst of a new era.

Since then, despite the best efforts of his handlers to keep things cheery in the bubble, reality has set in. The Republicans weren’t about to turn into liberals simply because he could explain their vision in a simpler way. Vladimir Putin wasn’t going to see the error of his ways and embrace a global vision of humanitarian milk and honey. The seas failed to recede and people stubbornly remained … people, with all the variety, warts and blemishes they’d always had. And in the face of this failure to transform on the part of the world, Barack Obama needed someone to blame. On the domestic front, the Republicans were the only available target, so Obama became sullen and insulting, abandoning any pretense at trying to work together.

The reason for this is that Obama’s vision of the future never involved compromise. It relied on everyone suddenly seeing just how right he was and how wrong they were. That didn’t happen, and not having a backup plan in the event that the rabbit failed to emerge from the hat, Barack Obama threw in the towel.

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/07/26/the-checked-out-presidency/

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:10:18 PM

The violence in Libya that caused U.S. embassy personnel to flee the country on Saturday is partly due to President Obama’s inability to bring calm to the region, key Republican members of Congress said on Saturday.

According to House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Rogers (R-Mich.), the “deteriorating security posture” that is playing out across the region “is what happens when the United States is not engaged and lacks a clear foreign policy that includes strong U.S. leadership.”…

The country has been locked in violence and instability since Gaddafi, the former dictator, was ousted with American aid in 2011. Militia groups have had easy access to weapons, officials say, and some of the armed groups have focused their threats on Americans.
http://thehill.com/policy/international/213428-gop-blames-obama-for-libya-violence

Taliban fighters are scoring early gains in several strategic areas near the capital this summer, inflicting heavy casualties and casting new doubt on the ability of Afghan forces to contain the insurgency as the United States moves to complete its withdrawal of combat troops, according to Afghan officials and local elders.

The Taliban have found success beyond their traditional strongholds in the rural south and are now dominating territory near crucial highways and cities that surround Kabul, the capital, in strategic provinces like Kapisa and Nangarhar.

Their advance has gone unreported because most American forces have left the field and officials in Kabul have largely refused to talk about it. The Afghan ministries have not released casualty statistics since an alarming rise in army and police deaths last year.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/27/world/asia/taliban-making-military-gains-in-afghanistan.html

Four-star Gen. James Amos, commandant of the Marine Corps, used a speaking engagement at the Brookings Institute on Tuesday to deliver a stinging rebuke of the Obama administration’s handling of Iraq.

“I have a hard time believing that had we been there, and worked with the government, and worked with parliament, and worked with the minister of defense, the minister of interior, I don’t think we’d be in the same shape we’re in today,” Gen. Amos said, the Fiscal Times reported Wednesday…

“We may think we’re done with all of these nasty, thorny, tacky little things that are going on around the world — and I’d argue that if you’re in that nation, it’s not a tacky, little thing for you. We may think we’re done with them, but they’re not done with us,” the commandant of the Marine Corps added, the paper reported. “We’re probably the only country in the world that has the resources and the capability to be able to do some of this that others can’t.”
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/17/gen-james-amos-marine-corps-commandant-slams-obama/

The draft Kerry passed to Israel on Friday shocked the cabinet ministers not only because it was the opposite of what Kerry told them less than 24 hours earlier, but mostly because it might as well have been penned by Khaled Meshal. It was everything Hamas could have hoped for.

The document recognized Hamas’ position in the Gaza Strip, promised the organization billions in donation funds and demanded no dismantling of rockets, tunnels or other heavy weaponry at Hamas’ disposal. The document placed Israel and Hamas on the same level, as if the first is not a primary U.S. ally and as if the second isn’t a terror group which overtook part of the Palestinian Authority in a military coup and fired thousands of rockets at Israel…

If Kerry did anything on Friday it was to thwart the possibility of reaching a cease-fire in Gaza. Instead of promoting a cease-fire, Kerry pushed it away. If this failed diplomatic attempt leads Israel to escalate its operation in Gaza, the American secretary of state will be one of those responsible for every additional drop of blood that is spilled.
http://www.haaretz.com/mobile/.premium-1.607332?v=3AB70A172CE96761671E1E0AC73F54CC

A real U.S. president would give Kiev the weapons it needs, impose devastating sectoral sanctions on Moscow, reinstate our Central European missile-defense system, and make a Reaganesque speech explaining why.

Obama has done none of these things. Why should he? He’s on the right side of history.

Of course, in the long run nothing lasts. But history is lived in the here and now. The Soviets had only 70 years, Hitler a mere twelve. Yet it was enough to murder millions and rain ruin on entire continents. Bashar Assad, too, will one day go. But not before having killed at least 100,000 people…

The world is aflame and our leader is on the 14th green. The arc of history may indeed bend toward justice, Mr. President. But, as you say, the arc is long. The job of a leader is to shorten it, to intervene on behalf of “the fierce urgency of now.” Otherwise, why do we need a president? And why did you seek to become ours?
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/383694/print

Luckily for America’s self-esteem, it was liberal Democrats that produced this particular shambles [in Libya]. If Republicans had done this, the media would be on the administration non-stop, perhaps comparing Samantha Power to Paul Wolfowitz—a well-meaning humanitarian way over her head who wrecked a country out of misguided ideology. There might also be some pointed questions for future presidential candidates who supported this fiasco. But since both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama have their fingerprints all over Libya, there isn’t a lot of press hunger for a detailed, unsparing autopsy into this stinking corpse of policy flub.

If Obama were a Republican, the press and the weekly news shows would be ringing with hyperbolic, apocalyptic denunciations of the clueless incumbent who had failed to learn the most basic lessons of Iraq. Indeed, the MSM right now would be howling that Obama was stupider than Bush. Bush, our Journolist friends would now be saying ad nauseam, at least had the excuse that he didn’t know what happens when you overthrow a paranoid, genocidal, economically incompetent Arab tyrant in an artificial post-colonial state. But Obama did—or, the press would nastily say, he would have done if he’d been doing his job instead of hitting the golf course or yakking it up with his glitzy pals at late night bull sessions. The ad hominem attacks would never stop, and all the tangled threads of incompetence and failure would be endlessly and expertly picked at in long New Yorker articles, NYT thumbsuckers, and chin-strokings on all the Sabbath gasbag shows…

But luckily for Team Obama, the mainstream press would rather die than subject liberal Democrats to the critiques it reserves for the GOP. So instead, as Libya writhes in agony, reputations and careers move on. The news is so bad, and the President’s foreign policy is collapsing on so many fronts, that it is impossible to keep the story off the front pages. “Smart diplomacy” has become a punch line, and the dream Team Obama had of making Democrats the go-to national security party is as dead as the passenger pigeon. But what the press can do for the White House it still, with some honorable exceptions, labors to accomplish: it will, when it must, report the dots. But it will try not to connect them, and it will do what it can to let all the people involved in the Libya debacle move on to the next and higher stage of their careers.
http://www.the-american-interest.com/wrm/2014/07/26/as-libya-implodes-smart-diplomacy-becoming-a-punch-line/

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/07/27/quotes-of-the-day-1803/

------------------------------
100%. Total. Failure.

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:05:55 PM

Poll Finds Obama And Bush’s Approval Ratings Nearly Identical…

My last column, which argued President Barack Obama’s situation going into his second midterm closely resembled President George W. Bush’s standing going into his second midterm, is reinforced in a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.

When I filed the column on Monday, I used the NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll results from June, since it was the most recent poll available at that time. It showed Obama’s job ratings at 41 percent approve/53 percent disapprove. The new survey, conducted July 30-August 3, showed Obama’s approval at 40 percent, with 54 percent disapproving of his performance.

Since Bush’s late July 2006 job ratings stood at 39 percent approve/56 percent disapprove, the new Obama numbers bear an even more uncomfortably close resemblance to Bush’s.

http://blogs.rollcall.com/rothenblog/new-poll-numbers-reinforce-bush-obama-comparisons/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Even with the full help of 1000 secret shadow journalists with internetz soopa powah!

Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:29:45 PM

If someone can tell me what good and meaningful successes has President Obama had since being elected ... what Democrats can call as one success ?

I’m not judging Obama only want to summarize ...

Obamacare.  Its a mess but its better than the mess he inherited.

Dodd-Frank.  Didn't go far enough but again, better than the mess he inherited.

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - part of Dodd-Frank.  Small step towards insisting banks are less dishonest in dealing with people who can't afford to sue them.

The 2009 Stimulus bill. 

No troops in Iraq.

Withdrawing troops from Afghanistan.

Any one of these is more than Bush or Clinton achieved in their 8 year periods.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:34:03 PM

If someone can tell me what good and meaningful successes has President Obama had since being elected ... what Democrats can call as one success ?

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - part of Dodd-Frank.  Small step towards insisting banks are less dishonest in dealing with people who can't afford to sue them.

The 2009 Stimulus bill. 

No troops in Iraq.

Don't forget: obama uses more drones than Clinton and Bush combined. That is a way better than water boarding living humans... Wink

Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:39:06 PM

The 2009 Stimulus bill. 

No troops in Iraq.

Don't forget: obama uses more drones than Clinton and Bush combined. That is a way better than water boarding living humans... Wink

Indeed.  Bush lost more Americans "fighting terrorism" in Iraq than were killed by terrorists attacks in the US.  Drones are way better.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 08:56:41 PM

That is all  Cheesy

Wow, I'm embarrassed for you. Obama got Bin Laden...that's all he needs to be in every American's good graces. That literally "is all". How soon you forget...the rest of us will never forget.

Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 08:58:15 PM

You only speak for yourself. I'm doing much better now than I was during the Bush years and the stock market is doing much better too.

Fixing the US Economy
Winning the war in Iraq

The US economy is worse off now, than it was during the years of GW Bush.

And regarding the war in Iraq, read this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=647312.0

Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:09:57 PM

That is all  Cheesy

Wow, I'm embarrassed for you. Obama got Bin Laden...that's all he needs to be in every American's good graces. That literally "is all". How soon you forget...the rest of us will never forget.

Ugh - I left that off my list and its huge. Good point.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: