Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:28:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ==== Eligius, please pay my 200+ BTC ====  (Read 12592 times)
jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1097

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:22:46 PM

Is there any possible that eligius efface my block record at the block list?

If they want to do this, they could simply delete all your record, as if you have never mined.

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
Legov

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:38:19 PM

Is it possible that he/she could have programmed their miners to submit the valid blocks for their self while continuing to get shares from Eligius?

no

But he/she could withhold the block, take all his/her hashing power to the pool to earn shares/scores and release the block.
There are about 10 minutes time to make this.
Is this the less known "lie in wait attack"?

“It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and money system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company.
Brucexie (OP)

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:50:39 PM

If they want to do this, they could simply delete all your record, as if you have never mined.

I use 3rd party online archive service to archive the account page everyday. Or Google's page snapshot will do for me automatically.
Deleting my account will instantly be caught.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 03:57:40 PM

bruCEXie

Thank you for adding more interesting information.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:01:37 PM

I use 3rd party online archive service to archive the account page everyday. Or Google's page snapshot will do for me automatically.

So you can post some screenshots of the blocks you found then?
This will prove if they had deleted any of your found blocks.
Brucexie (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:02:04 PM

bruCEXie

my pleasure.
Brucexie (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:07:17 PM

So you can post some screenshots of the blocks you found then?
This will prove if they had deleted any of your found blocks.

I could select some block from chain which is mined by my friend in his private pool and annonce that is mined by me in eligius.
So, your propose might not be a working one, sorry.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1815

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:21:41 PM

I'm just a little curious about the 'bad' luck and the fact that Eligius has in credit over 1800BTC
If they've been losing blocks (>400BTC) that would make them over 2200BTC in credit if they got those 'missing' blocks.

+1800BTC doesn't sound like bad luck ... though I could be wrong Smiley

https://blockchain.info/address/18d3HV2bm94UyY4a9DrPfoZ17sXuiDQq2B >477.12965068
https://blockchain.info/address/1ChANGeATMH8dFnj39wGTjfjudUtLspzXr >237.98484501
https://blockchain.info/address/14qgRxmyWwRweGY4mfjB5FRxr3Ak8Weu1w 1000 BTC
https://blockchain.info/address/1BRoZJLeLaR9T4PP2m1FJ5isqgQmhzMKBn 99.999 BTC

... I wonder what other addresses Eligius has ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
HypnoticGuy

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 04:47:16 PM

bruCEXie

my pleasure.

Brucexie, you spend a lot of time stating that what you are accused of cannot be proven, so clearly you know, and understand a lot about the issue.  

However, not one time that I have seen have you stated that you are innocent.

When accused of a crime most people would start by saying they didn't do it.  It is the guilty who will start by claiming it can't be proven that they did it.

If there is evidence of your actions, and your government is notified, I wonder what actions, if any, they will take against you.  Are you innocent until proven guilty in your country?  How are the conditions at the jails in your country?  
Brucexie (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:04:55 PM

bruCEXie

my pleasure.

Brucexie, you spend a lot of time stating that what you are accused of cannot be proven, so clearly you know, and understand a lot about the issue.  

When accused of a crime most people would start by saying they didn't do it.  It is the guilty who will start by claiming it can't be proven that they did it.

If there is evidence of your actions, and your government is notified, I wonder what actions, if any, they will take against you.  Are you innocent until proven guilty in your country?  How are the conditions at the jails in your country?  

I'm innocent until proven guilty in your country.
Luckily, I have no need to prove that I'm innocent both under my government and bitcoin way, since it is a by-default. If someone wants to announce that I'm guilty, Hi must prove.
I just want someone to get my money back according to his public visible account page.
I don't like to announce something which I cannot prove, this is not a bitcoin way.

RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:11:49 PM

Luckily, I have no need to prove that I'm innocent both under my government and bitcoin way, since it is a by-default. If someone wants to announce that I'm guilty, Hi must prove.
I just want someone to get my money back according to his public visible account page.
I don't like to announce something which I cannot prove, this is not a bitcoin way.

So would you mind to explain what happend at BTCGuild?
Hektur

Activity: 271

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:13:55 PM

bruCEXie

my pleasure.

There is no such thing as the "bitcoin way".  You got caught and are only attempting to use the court of public opinion" to sway things in your favor and it's not working.  By your statement of "I'm innocent until proven guilty in your country" shows that you are not in America, so this does not apply to you.  

Majixagi

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:19:53 PM

Brucexie, you must be new here. In bitcointalk you are guilty until proven innocent.

The charges have already been levied along with a good bit of evidence. You have no defense, and have no claim on any more of this community's BTC.

has not sold out
Brucexie (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:22:30 PM

Brucexie, you must be new here. In bitcointalk you are guilty until proven innocent.

The charges have already been levied along with a good bit of evidence. You have no defense, and have no claim on any more of this community's BTC.

Yes you may right.
But I think any one will consider one more time before moving to eligius, after seeing this post.
That's enough.
HypnoticGuy

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 05:25:34 PM

bruCEXie

my pleasure.

You still have not answered my one question. How are the conditions in the jails in your country?
Hektur

Activity: 271

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:28:18 PM

I'm keeping my miners on Eligius.  Maybe you should move your miners to 50btc.com.  

grnbrg

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

Official LRM shill

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:28:46 PM

You can't ever please the trolls, but quite a few of us are quite happy to consider evidence.  But we haven't seen anything other than "You can't prove I did something wrong!".  Not a lot to go on against the word of pool operator and community member with a long history of reliability.

Yes you may right.
But I think any one will consider one more time before moving to eligius, after seeing this post.
That's enough.

On the other hand, some will see this as a reason to support Eligius....

grnbrg.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:29:38 PM

Again, since you seem to have overread the question:

Would you mind to explain what happend at BTCGuild?
dmcdad

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:30:33 PM

And what pool would you suggest instead? GHash.IO perhaps?

I think you greatly overestimate your power to damage Eligius's reputation.

You haven't provided any response as to what occurred, except to say you won't say anything because nothing can be proved one way or the other. Lots of questions to be answered here that you have ignored.

Why, given your hash power, were there so few solved blocks submitted? Or are claiming that you did submit solved blocks but Eligius decided for some reason you were a good target to steal/withhold payment from? Sorry, but that seems highly unlikely...
HypnoticGuy

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 05:40:47 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 06:03:54 PM by HypnoticGuy

Brucexie,

Do you own your mining operation, or are you running it for someone else?

If you own your mining operation then why are you so worried about 200BTC?  It is a very small amount of the total you have mined, and are able to mine.

If you are managing a mining operation for someone else, are they really pisssed off at you for getting caught?

Edited to add:

Something else just crossed my mind, and I just thought I'd put this out there.

The "You can't prove that I did it" defense seems to me like the exact thing someone would come up with while planning such a scheme. 

#1 - I'm not going to get caught.

#2 - If I am caught they can't prove anything.

#3 - If they can't prove that I did it, then I will not get in trouble.

This is why he is sticking to the "you can't prove anything" defense.  This was his logic from the beginning. and he has no other option but to stick with his plan, no matter how weak his defense is.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: