Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:55:54 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The penny has yet to drop on Qora.  (Read 3189 times)
gorillajam (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

win

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:00:43 PM

The truth is we don't get a brand new source code coin that often. Almost never.

1. Bitcoin (new code)

2. NXT (new code)

3. Qora (new code)

There aren't any others yet!

So why is Qora being traded like its some shitcoin clone?

Its a top 5 coin, only a matter of time till the penny drops.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.0

mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:17:11 PM

Maybe because there is no info on it's POS, members from Qora go into other coin forums and talk shit about that coin. If you want respect then show it.
gorillajam (OP)

win

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:24:51 PM

Maybe because there is no info on it's POS, members from Qora go into other coin forums and talk shit about that coin. If you want respect then show it.

You mean the forging algorithm?

I know about as much as I know about NXT, it works on how much you have in your wallet, a random factor etc.

Why is that so important to people? Forging is only supposed to work like interest on a bank account, no one but a whale will get rich forging?

One thing I have found, is I got almost no blocks using NXT while I have had quite a few and I don't have that much.

Any other questions?

Talk shit about Qora? What exactly? I personally am not looking for respect. I'm nothing to do with development.

mrvegad

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:30:58 PM

I know about as much as I know about NXT, it works on how much you have in your wallet, a random factor etc.

Why is that so important to people? Forging is only supposed to work like interest on a bank account, no one but a whale will get rich forging?

One thing I have found, is I got almost no blocks using NXT while I have had quite a few and I don't have that much.

Any other questions?

where are the technical details? Whitepaper? It's important to people to see the details of how it works, to see if there any flaws in the system. Sorry but to alot of people, no details=scam coin (I am not calling Qora a scam, just saying without details it is hard to believe in it).

You also didn't respond to my second point.
mrvegad

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:32:28 PM

Also, how many coins did the dev give himself? Can we see it in the blockchain?
gorillajam (OP)

win

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:40:11 PM

Any other questions?

where are the technical details? Whitepaper? It's important to people to see the details of how it works, to see if there any flaws in the system. Sorry but to alot of people, no details=scam coin (I am not calling Qora a scam, just saying without details it is hard to believe in it).

You also didn't respond to my second point.

Like the developer has said 95% of people never really read whitepapers and would prefer a website with all the api and information on there. I've seen scams recently that had whitepapers, means nothing actually. The website is a few days away, was the last word. We are still in the earlier stages.

Ok here's the truth. The developer does what seem from the outside look a bit scammy. That's why the IPO wasn't that popular. And here's why. He actually doesn't care about hyping or marketing the coin AT ALL. We are now at a point where any new shitcoin has a twitter, FB, Website, chatroom blah blah blah. But he simply doesn't care about that stuff. He just simply just wants to build a brilliant system. I honestly don't think he cares if anyone believes in the coin as long as he does. In a sea of scams and hype being involved in this coin is a refreshing change.

What second point?

gorillajam (OP)

win

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:44:54 PM

It was a pure POS, people sent in BTC, anyone could send in as much as they wanted. So the developer actually had as much power to have coins as anyone else who wanted to invest. He extended one more week after the beta client was released cause there was only like 30btc at that point. If he wanted to have more then it would of made sense to end it then.

You can't be fairer than that really. There was NO WAY for him to scam more coins than anyone else.

Yes, The payments are in the blockchain yes and a google doc. They haven't moved I don't think.

Again my impression is he doesn't care about money much.  

Dude can you actually read the OP before you ask questions that are covered in it.

mrvegad

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:02:56 PM

It was a pure POS, people sent in BTC, anyone could send in as much as they wanted. So the developer actually had as much power to have coins as anyone else who wanted to invest. He extended one more week after the beta client was released cause there was only like 30btc at that point. If he wanted to have more then it would of made sense to end it then.

You can't be fairer than that really. There was NO WAY for him to scam more coins than anyone else.

Yes, The payments are in the blockchain yes and a google doc. They haven't moved I don't think.

Dude can you actually read the OP before you ask questions that are covered in it.

What I am asking is how many of the Qora coins does the dev have for himself? What % of Qora did the dev keep/buy for himself? Not all of the Qora has been claimed yet https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.msg7080198#msg7080198 what is happening with it?

Qora needs more transparency.

The point I was making about respect was that you and smaragda were in the NEM forum talking smack about UP but yet there are very little details about the Qora dev.
gorillajam (OP)

win

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:44:12 PM

What I am asking is how many of the Qora coins does the dev have for himself? What % of Qora did the dev keep/buy for himself? Not all of the Qora has been claimed yet https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.msg7080198#msg7080198 what is happening with it?

Qora needs more transparency.

The point I was making about respect was that you and smaragda were in the NEM forum talking smack about UP but yet there are very little details about the Qora dev.

I think you misunderstood that discussion on the Qora thread. Two things happened at a similar time. There was a fork due to the fact one person was forging 50%, this has been resolved with more nodes. This is normal for a new network. Also Sharexcoin one of our only exchanges ran off with Qora. This was unrelated, so the discussion is about getting the coins back that were retrieved by Polinex as the Sharxcoin scammer was moving stolen coins there to sell them.

Again like I said the developer has held NO coins back. He said he would throw some BTC in at the end, he deserves to have more than anyone else could of got but he didn't and couldn't of. Personally I wouldn't do that, some of these developers are really motivated by creating something, not money.  

Oh and about the NEM thing. You really can't blame some of us who saw NXT semi destroyed by the unfairness attack 6 months ago from people like UP who then went on to make a rival coin then be revealed as having sockpuppets. Come on, who wouldn't?

JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:46:56 PM

The truth is we don't get a brand new source code coin that often. Almost never.

1. Bitcoin (new code)

2. NXT (new code)

3. Qora (new code)

What about cryptonote coins?
gorillajam (OP)

win

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:50:29 PM

1. Bitcoin (new code)

2. NXT (new code)

3. Qora (new code)

hahah This isn't on of those threads to pump a shitcoin my friend. Give a link, sounds a lot like a shitcoin to me.

zachamo

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:55:45 PM

With someone like you promoting this coin, how could it fail?   Roll Eyes

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:10:45 PM

1. Bitcoin (new code)

2. NXT (new code)

3. Qora (new code)

hahah This isn't on of those threads to pump a shitcoin my friend. Give a link, sounds a lot like a shitcoin to me.

Well friend, cryptonote is a protocol not a coin.

Cryptonote coins are
Bytecoin
Monero
And a few more

Cryptonote.org
lopalcar

Activity: 312
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:11:45 PM

gorillajam, please, I love qora too, but try to promote it more quietly, you are a bit harsh. Qora is very young, need more development before grow, so please, be bit more educated or you will make more qora haters than qora followers. Only my opinion Smiley
gorillajam (OP)

win

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:20:44 PM

gorillajam, please, I love qora too, but try to promote it more quietly, you are a bit harsh. Qora is very young, need more development before grow, so please, be bit more educated or you will make more qora haters than qora followers. Only my opinion Smiley

I'm free to speak my mind, I'm not in any way related to the leadership, marketing or well anything with Qora. I should be quiet? why?  It's like saying a bitcoins reputation is based on Mark Karpeles.

I'm doing this cause I'm a believer in it but I'm finding almost no one has heard of it. I'm buying as much as I can.

JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:28:31 PM

I'm free to speak my mind, I'm not in any way related to the leadership, marketing or well anything with Qora. I should be quiet? why?  It's like saying a bitcoins reputation is based on Mark Karpeles.

I'm doing this cause I'm a believer in it but I'm finding almost no one has heard of it. I'm buying as much as I can.

Did you just compare yourself to Mark Karpeles?
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:37:12 PM

ay. this thread does not makes me want to look into qora... and i love all coins!

i can see your frustration. You believe you have a good coin and everyone should look into it. i get it. we all got a coin rooting for (obviously)

But give us some concrete details/fact browski
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:21:52 PM

Like the developer has said 95% of people never really read whitepapers and would prefer a website with all the api and information on there. I've seen scams recently that had whitepapers, means nothing actually. The website is a few days away, was the last word. We are still in the earlier stages.

Ok here's the truth. The developer does what seem from the outside look a bit scammy. That's why the IPO wasn't that popular. And here's why. He actually doesn't care about hyping or marketing the coin AT ALL. We are now at a point where any new shitcoin has a twitter, FB, Website, chatroom blah blah blah. But he simply doesn't care about that stuff. He just simply just wants to build a brilliant system. I honestly don't think he cares if anyone believes in the coin as long as he does. In a sea of scams and hype being involved in this coin is a refreshing change.

What second point?

Like the developer has said 95% of people never really read whitepapers

No but big investors want whitepapers if you want the coin adopted for markets, I am sure ebay would want a whitepaper, but hopefully there will be one in time, as you said the dev wants to get it right.

The developer does what seem from the outside look a bit scammy.

Does not help promote Qora, focus on the good things in the forum the dev has done, saying the dev does this and is not that is no proof of trust, his work on the board should speak for itself

All the best Qora team, looking for big things

Grin
gorillajam (OP)

win

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:27:28 PM

ay. this thread does not makes me want to look into qora... and i love all coins!

i can see your frustration. You believe you have a good coin and everyone should look into it. i get it. we all got a coin rooting for (obviously)

I decided I don't want to help stupid people anymore, I lost the desire to help scammy types looking for the next pump and dump.

Go fuck yourself you scammy scumbags on here.  

bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:19:19 PM

I decided I don't want to help stupid people anymore, I lost the desire to help scammy types looking for the next pump and dump.

Go fuck yourself you scammy scumbags on here.  

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

nothing i said should have led to this reply. do yourself a favor and stop replying. your making qora look bad with your childish behavior. you have no right to act justiful and protector of qora. especially since a lot of other people have invested into this coin. You are hurting them with your posts.

btw i said "this" post doesnt make me want to look up qora. I am following the proper qora thread closely and analyzing it.

Stop responding childishly and think twice before you make a coin supported by tons of people look bad!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: