Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 05:02:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Funding closed, project proceeding as planned]  (Read 6860 times)
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:42:13 AM

Why are more funds needing to be raised than, if your expenses are already covered (for the most part)?
More money needs to be spent on
Multi-tiered security audit
Colocation
Legal fees
Crowdcurity campaign.
To expand on this, the costs listed were the ones we are already committed to.

Looks good to me. Would likely buy a few shares if you were on havelock, not going to be using counterparty till it gets touched up a bit more.

Cant wait to see what the finished product looks like  Grin
andreasan

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:37:24 AM

Looks good to me. Would likely buy a few shares if you were on havelock, not going to be using counterparty till it gets touched up a bit more.

Cant wait to see what the finished product looks like  Grin

The biggest selling points of this IPO is that it's on Counterparty. IMO the Counterwallet interface might have a few bugs but Counterparty at the protocol level has had a really sound, scholastic approach.
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:10:02 PM

Yes we agree and encourage people to give Counterparty a second-look.

No, we do not agree. We encourage people to give Mpex a second look.

AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:02:28 PM

Yes we agree and encourage people to give Counterparty a second-look.

No, we do not agree. We encourage people to give Mpex a second look.

Mpex? Really? There is almost nothing on there except Mpex own shares. Havelock is very good, so is litecoininvest

And I like the concept of counterparty, but currently would not go with it. Volume isn't good enough rightnow
RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 03:21:59 PM

For the love of good just let Mpex die quietly into the night like it wants.

railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:49:24 PM

Such young. wow . many wisdom

grandpa_seth

Activity: 316

Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:42:25 AM

Quote from your website.

"Regardless, we plan to offer the following cryptos for trade on the exchange in fiat/crypto and btc/crypto pairs. More may be added, and some may be taken away.

BTC/LTC/DOGE/MMC/DRK/PTS"

I truly believe as a dunnecap investor and NXT holder that if you can have fiat/NXT in your exchange it will give you a unique edge. BTC-E will not likely have a NXT/fiat anytime soon and that would be a mistake you could take advantage of. All altclones including litecoin are dying and will be dead end of year. Being one of the first exchanges to have
nxt/fiat will make you the go to for nxt trading volume. Btc #1 and Nxt #2 will be so for a long time and Mimex can benefit by it.
MrWDunne

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:57:57 AM

Its possible, not going to say yes or no, either way.

lobbes

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:26:25 PM

You have an agreement with a UK bank.  Which you're not at liberty to discuss.
And an agreement with CryptoFinancial.  Which you're also not at liberty to discuss.
CryptoFinancial is also not at liberty to discuss their banking arrangements.  Which begs the question:

-Tell us your age, your previous experience in managing multinational currency exchanges, how you plan to spend your summer vocation, and when you hope to finish secondary school.
I can discuss our agreement with crypto financial, it is simply information I have which is not publicly available that I am not willing to share.

No, I am not in secondary school although yes I am young. Feel free to hold that against me if you wish, although I doubt that would sway your opinion.

As for previous experience with multi national currency exchanges, none. Then again I cannot thing of a single CEO of a bitcoin exchange that does.

I don't feel like this statement helps your case. You admit that you have no experience running an exchange. I appreciate the honesty, but the fact remains that you are not experienced. You can't expect *reasonable* investors to think that their BTC would be safer in this venture than it would be if it were just sitting in a wallet appreciating in value.

Secondly, those other CEOs without experience lost a lot of investor and/or users' money (whether through outright scamming or just plain negligence). The ones still standing are probably on borrowed time. Pointing to them and saying, 'See? I'm the average' is silly IMO.

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:38:42 PM

Nice new site and design work put together. Looks like I will be keeping an eye on this one to see how things progress. I did see in OP that you are using GBP so am guessing you are using the UK for this site and location. If this is within the UK when do you expect to open website and trading for your exchange?

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1126

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:22:21 AM

I don't get it. Why building an exchange on an exchange ?

How do you redeem cash ?
MrWDunne

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:45:11 PM

I don't feel like this statement helps your case. You admit that you have no experience running an exchange. I appreciate the honesty, but the fact remains that you are not experienced. You can't expect *reasonable* investors to think that their BTC would be safer in this venture than it would be if it were just sitting in a wallet appreciating in value.

Secondly, those other CEOs without experience lost a lot of investor and/or users' money (whether through outright scamming or just plain negligence). The ones still standing are probably on borrowed time. Pointing to them and saying, 'See? I'm the average' is silly IMO.

Curious, with exception of Second Market, and possibly Circle (still arguable) who does have experience?

Managing an exchange in the fiat world is massively different to a bitcoin exchange, seems largely irrelevant.

MrWDunne

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:45:36 PM

How do you redeem cash ?

I'm a little confused at to what you mean? We are building an exchange, you deposit/withdraw via bank transfers.

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1126

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:53:34 AM

How do you redeem cash ?
I'm a little confused at to what you mean? We are building an exchange, you deposit/withdraw via bank transfers.

I thought it was using a decentralized exchange like XCP because you were talking about XCP.

So why are you doing an exchange when you have no chance against big guys ?

I don't get it.

MrWDunne

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:19:24 AM

How do you redeem cash ?

I thought it was using a decentralized exchange like XCP because you were talking about XCP.

So why are you doing an exchange when you have no chance against big guys ?

I don't get it.

We use XCP but that's for a different reason than BTC->fiat.

We are not directly competing with any 'big guys' as in the UK there aren't any big guys. You have local bitcoins, bittylicious or coin floor. CoinFloor is the only 'exchange' and that has ~25btc volume per day because they don't have UK banking and it is run by a notorious scammer (Nefario).

That being said, we will be competing with larger players in the USD/CAD/EUR space in particular. As for how to compete, we will just gain trust over time, and offer the best service possible.

Dogedigital
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:35:13 PM

With the new Canadian laws (http://cointelegraph.com/news/111905/canada-signs-first-ever-official-law-regulating-bitcoin), will you be registering with FINTRAC?
MrWDunne

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:18:57 PM

With the new Canadian laws (http://cointelegraph.com/news/111905/canada-signs-first-ever-official-law-regulating-bitcoin), will you be registering with FINTRAC?
Already sent in the application, although that is really being handled by CryptoCapital.

MrWDunne

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:25:34 PM

As it may have been noticed, CoinFloor now has faster payments also. Everything goes on as planned.

IPO Magic

Activity: 138

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:07:07 PM

Here you go MrWDunne, right up your alley--a turn-key white label exchange.  Exciting stuff!

http://vbbb.com/ Smiley
jrmg

Activity: 134

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:13:09 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 07:29:22 AM by jrmg

Are you taking XCP and MSC to exchange, better than dogejoke?

lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipsicing elit. sed vitae euismod enim. Curabitur condimentum non felis sed eleifend.
Maecenas sagittis massa leo, et vulputate tellus porttitor sed. Nunc imperdiet nunc vel sapien volutpat vehicula. Quisque eu nibh at eros
consequat egestas ac vitae felis. Curabitur at semper velit, et rutrum urna. Praesent malesuada ultrices eros quis ultricies.
Duis accumsan viverra est, ac mattis purus iaculis sit amet.

Pellentesque consequat sem vitae laoreet porta. Vivamus a imperdiet tortor, et dapibus sapien. Vestibulum sit amet turpis a sapien egestas malesuada sit amet at lectus. Suspendisse potenti.
Mauris imperdiet nunc at justo accumsan ornare. Integer ac pulvinar metus. Aliquam lorem tortor, commodo a arcu sed, mollis tincid unt dui.
Proin dignissim elementum leo non rhoncus. Suspendisse at tincidunt augue, luctus commodo nunc. Vivamus sed odio quis risus hendrerit iaculis.
Nullam commodo sapien nec tellus eleifend consequat. Nam vel massa volutpat, facilisis tortor at, ultricies quam. Nam a commodo dui. Aliquam eleifend
velit nec facilisis tristique. Etiam dolor est, eleifend quis neque et, cursus consequat massa.

Maecenas sagittis massa leo, et vulputate tellus porttitor sed. Nunc imperdiet nunc vel sapien volutpat vehicula. Quisque eu nibh at eros consequat egestas ac vitae felis.
Curabitur at semper velit, et rutrum urna. Praesent malesuada ultrices eros quis ultricies. Duis accumsan viverra est, ac mattis purus iaculis sit amet.
d quis neque et, cursus consequat massa.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: