Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:42:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology is Pulling Posts On Their Site  (Read 4066 times)
Scrappy Do (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:42:53 AM

I made a post earlier today asking a simple question whether AT will reimburse the amount sent to them originally or the current usd or euro price in btc as I ordered 2 of their 250mh/s units. Not only did they pull my post, but they also sent a 9 paragraph back response saying email them. Folks... This is unacceptable. They do not provide an open forum. Yes they have a massive forum, but they moderate it to the level of deleting legitimate questions. At this point I have to say my 7k investment in them is shit.

You do not treat good customers this way, nor should you EVER moderate a forum to the point of screwing said customers. I have followed these forums, and they do this regularly. Please help guys, as they are trying to screw more than me.... I am a 6.7k investor. I begged them for answers, and they delete post's. They promised money back, and now delete posts. I simply asked if I request a refund, are you going to return the BTC I sent, or the equivalent of today's rate and got posts pulled.
Scrappy Do (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:56:11 AM

https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=652.new#new

New post, I will probably be banned. If I need to email them, something is wrong, they already pulled my posts. If a moderator pulls a post, and does not speak to customer service to take care of a customer spending 20k USD, something is wrong. This is not the way you do business. At least here in Arkansas.
Scrappy Do (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:55:41 AM

Here is more... I am officially requesting a refund tonight based on their decisions to send me a cut and paste response. I asked a legitimate question, and we they pulled my post and sent me this...

There is a good chance power consumption will be significantly lowered, no final figures yet and we are still advertising a maximum of 1875 and 375.

Some bank transfers can take a while to be processed, do not worry if your order is still on-hold, just send one email to payments@alpha-t.net if it's been over 5 days.

If your order is on hold and you need to pay message me your order number (only final amount one not the deposit one!) and say you need it reset.

We are going through emails very quickly at the moment in anticipation of the new credit/debit card processor being up either this week or next so rest assured you will be responded to in good time. As of this edit we are now only days behind and will be fully caught by this Sunday (there will be a few exceptions).

'Processing' means we have received your payment and is the correct state, 'pending' means we have yet to confirm receipt of payment, 'completed' will show once the unit has shipped.

There has been a lot of concern regarding the payment due date approaching and I just wanted to reassure you all that in light of waiting for a new processor to be set up we have extended the date to 2 weeks after it has been set up so rest assured you have plenty of time.

Additionally I just wanted to reiterate that this forum is not for customer service questions, if you have any issues related to your order please email payments@alpha-t.net and they will help you. We are very busy at the moment and I know nobody likes to wait but this simply cannot be helped; if you are not being served it is because somebody else is. We cannot prioritize anyone so please do not request this on the forum. I am sorry but I do not deal with orders and cannot help you with these questions so they will be promptly deleted in the interest of keeping the forum from being flooded with them.

Also the phone line is currently experiencing technical difficulties, it will be back up as soon as possible.

Finally please be advised if you would like to order and be a part of batch 1 orders will open on the site at the same time as the new processor is up so either this week or next. Sign up to our newsletter at the bottom of our site to be notified exactly when. So there is no need to email us anymore as you will be able to order yourselves soon enough.
Scrappy Do (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:36:05 AM

Ok here we go.. this is my response.. let's see if these guy's can fly....

I request you refund the money I sent you. I have already paid you £3,270. I expect the same in a refund in BTC  at today's rate or a bank transfer equivalent to the amount. You have had, and played with my money over 6 months, I am not asking interest, as you have already earned it. You have deleted my posts, and sent me a copy and paste response. I no longer see you as a reliable company and as of yet, you have not delivered. I officially request you refund my money, and I wish your company the best.

I will post this in multiple forums, and email you accordingly. I will also let your customers aware via bitcointalk.org, litecoinforums.org and your forums,  of the progress of your company's responses. I tried to make a valid post on your said forum's,  and your moderators deleted them. Again, please refund my money, and I wish your company the best!

Sincerely,

James Fauver III
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:03:51 AM

Watching with great interest.  Have been considering looking into refund situation on the little AT order.  After reading your post though I kind of have the pit-like feeling in my stomach that I got with, BFL, then later even worse with HashFast.

Good luck on getting your refund.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Scrappy Do (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:10:30 AM

I am officially banned from the alpha-t.net forum's. I have yet to receive an email from them. I officially requested a refund yesterday, on their forums and through email. If they choose to totally ignore me (which I suspect) I shall further update you.
Scrappy Do (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:12:07 AM

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry ScrappyDo, you are banned from using this forum!
This ban is not set to expire.
xingqiaoyin

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:32:02 AM

Isn't their pre order supposed to deliver in july ? Or have they postponed any set date ? I believe you are bound by said terms and conditions you signed when you place the pre order ?
kenel

Activity: 578

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:31:43 PM

Have contacted Alpha-T support twice now. No response (Once two weeks ago, once this week).

First asked to have my order downsized from 2 miners to 1 miner -- easy enough, wasn't cancelling my order, just downsizing..... No response.

After a week and a half or so (bad at timelines) of not hearing from them, I requested a full refund. No response. Not even a 'sorry, we cannot do that'.

So, lack of communication, Stalin-style Censorship on their forums, and people other than me experiencing the same problems leads me to the following conclusion:

STAY AWAY FROM ALPHA TECH.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:42:58 PM

They make scrypt miners right? Why is this in a BTC hardware thread?

Alpha Technology is a highly innovative company specializing in Scrypt hashing.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
cozk

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:26:47 PM

Alpha tech was the most obvious scam around.

Can't believe that much people fell for this shit.
Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:35:57 PM

Alpha tech was the most obvious scam around.

Can't believe that much people fell for this shit.

It seems odd that many manufacturers made scrypt asics and are constantly improving on speeds and whereas as alpha-t has still nothing but excuses.I am glad that I didn't fall for their claims.
kenel

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:05:32 PM

It seems odd that many manufacturers made scrypt asics and are constantly improving on speeds and whereas as alpha-t has still nothing but excuses.I am glad that I didn't fall for their claims.

Hindsight is great. However some of us did "fall for their claims" ..... I'm sincerely getting sick of this type of irresponsibility in the crypto community. How can we ever have mainstream adoption if we can't even have trust between ourselves?

Alpha-T, you should be ashamed of yourselves. At least answer your damn emails.
Scrappy Do (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:05:46 PM

I have received many private messages and appreciate you guys support. Please do not them get away with this. I cannot even read their forums now, they have completely put me in the dark. I have to rely on information now through this and the litecoin forum.
brian_23452

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:17:45 PM

...You do not treat good customers this way....I am a 6.7k investor....

Just wanted to respond to this real quick.  This may be how you see yourself, but they never saw you as a customer, or an investor, they saw you as an interest free loan.  You say you don't want to get screwed but seriously, every single one of these preorders always turns out exactly the same way.  At some point you have to start to wonder, if people don't want to get screwed, why do they keep bending over?
ChekaZ
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:57:50 AM

People dont learn from the past. Wasnt it the same with Butterflylabs? Why do you guys still pre-order, is your greeed that high? :/

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
kenel

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:06:06 AM

People dont learn from the past. Wasnt it the same with Butterflylabs? Why do you guys still pre-order, is your greeed that high? :/

I believe the hope was that not only consumers, but also the COMPANIES THEMSELVES, learned from the past.

This is terrible business practice.

Can someone explain to me how we keep letting people like this get away with terrible business practices while we just sit on forums either 'bitching' or saying 'I told you so' ?
Starscream

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:24:29 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 10:46:27 AM by Starscream

I believe the hope was that not only consumers, but also the COMPANIES THEMSELVES, learned from the past.
No, the hope was always that the "consumers" will learn their lesson.
Most "companies" that engaged in the pre-order practice ended up as nothing but scam (hence the quotation marks around the word companies).
Some came out legit (if you can call extreme late delivery as legit). But still, the majority were scam.

You assume said companies were real to begin with.

Can someone explain to me how we keep letting people like this get away with terrible business practices while we just sit on forums either 'bitching' or saying 'I told you so' ?
I'll assume with my reply that you also gave them money.

Anyway, I can tell you easy how this keeps happening: people keep throwing money for vaporware because of greed. No-one to blame but themselves.

Don't wanna get scammed? Don't give your money to complete and total strangers.
So yeah, "I told you so" is quite a reasonable response.

You don't wanna let them get away with it? Than go do something about it. Your money, your responsibility.

I'll never understand people giving money for a product that doesn't exist. That doesn't make you a consumer, that makes you an investor (they only sell it as a pre-order so that they can get your money under the pretense that you're a consumer), and as such, you also assume the risk that the product will never see the light of day and that you'll lose all your money.

If you thought for a moment that you're a consumer... Oh boy.

A lot of people kept warning everyone else that pre-orders are bad, that you might get scammed completely, and even if you wouldn't, there's a big chance you'll get the product so late you'll never see ROI.

Despite all of that, people like the OP still decided to go on ahead with the pre-order. He wasn't forced to, no1 hacked his wallet and payed for it against his will nor did anyone hold a gun to his head.

You're all grown ups (I assume), you made a decision willingly and freely, I'm not sorry you got scammed, just hope you've learned your lesson.

If you wanna get something done about it, than those who feel like they got scammed (I suppose you can't call it a scam just yet, as they haven't reached their deadline - I think) need to get together and do something. Asking the entire crypro-currency community as a whole to do something is just not the way.

BTW, in what other market in the world do you pre-order a product that doesn't exist (and never has) under the pretense that you're a consumer and that you'll get the product 100%?
Scrappy Do (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:37:35 AM

No, the hope was always that the "consumers" will learn their lesson.
Most "companies" that engaged in the pre-order practice ended up as nothing but scam (hence the quotation marks around the word companies).
Some came out legit (if you can call extreme late delivery as legit). But still, the majority were scam.

You assume said companies were real to begin with.

I'll assume with my reply that you also gave them money.

Anyway, I can tell you easy how this keeps happening: people keep throwing money for vaporware because of greed. No-one to blame but themselves.

Don't wanna get scammed? Don't give your money to complete and total strangers.
So yeah, "I told you so" is quite a reasonable response.

You don't wanna let them get away with it? Than go do something about it. Your money, your responsibility.

I'll never understand people giving money for a product that doesn't exist. That doesn't make you a consumer, that makes you an investor (they only sell it as a pre-order so that they can get your money under the pretense that you're a consumer), and as such, you also assume the risk that the product will never see the light of day and that you'll lose all your money.

If you thought for a moment that you're a consumer... Oh boy.

A lot of people kept warning everyone else that pre-orders are bad, that you might get scammed completely, and even if you wouldn't, there's a big chance you'll get the product so late you'll never see ROI.

Despite all of that, people like the OP still decided to go on ahead with the pre-order. He wasn't forced to, no1 hacked his wallet and payed for it against his will nor did anyone hold a gun to his head.

You're all gown ups (I assume), you made a decision willingly and freely, I'm not sorry you got scammed, just hope you've learned your lesson.

If you wanna get something done about it, than those who feel like they got scammed (I suppose you can't call it a scam just yet, as they haven't reached their deadline - I think) need to get together and do something. Asking the entire crypro-currency community as a whole to do something is just not the way.

BTW, in what other market in the world do you pre-order a product that doesn't exist (and never has) under the pretense that you're a consumer and that you'll get the product 100%?

I appreciate your long post and actually reading the forum but you yourself are wrong. Here is why.

It is not greed that lead me to them, it was the simple need to try and compete, and actually make a few dollars. That is not greed, that is good business.

I never considered myself a customer, and in fact had you taken the time to read the entire post I said investor. They promised a money back guarantee before the actual due date, I requested one. They refuse to answer email, and they are banning people from their forums if they even ask. Please stay on topic. Do not preach to those that are more aware of the situation than you.

First off, you really need to slow down my friend, as when I invested, 25mh/s a was unheard of. Did I take a chance.. you bet i did.. but they also claimed a 100% back guarantee that before any time of shipping I had the opportunity to request a refund. I did that, and got banned from the forums and no response to email as of the current time.

To make claims of I am not sorry you got scammed and yes I can call it a scam because all I did was ask them to honor what they promised, a money back guarantee.

Again, I am not a consumer, and please stop using this word. I took and investment in them on the pretense of a money back guarantee.

Starscream, pleae do not post again, as you are merely saying I told you so, and that is not the case at all. Learn to speak, before you open your trap. You come here and try and inform folks, but yet you simply laugh in not just mine, but others faces. How is that helpful? How in any way can anyone see your post as informative?  It simply is not.

Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:40:13 AM

...You do not treat good customers this way....I am a 6.7k investor....

Just wanted to respond to this real quick.  This may be how you see yourself, but they never saw you as a customer, or an investor, they saw you as an interest free loan.  You say you don't want to get screwed but seriously, every single one of these preorders always turns out exactly the same way.  At some point you have to start to wonder, if people don't want to get screwed, why do they keep bending over?

No matter how many BFL like scam companies sprout from anywhere , but people will keep on pre-ordering and cycle gets on repeating itself ,and worst part is those people who are new to crypto , start investing without knowing the repercussions &  get scammed and its just bad for whole crypto-currency  which aims to get into mainstream.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: