Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:44:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE WALL OF HONOR  (Read 3397 times)
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:22:24 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2014, 01:15:04 AM by barabbas

I created the WALL OF SHAME as a reference and with the purpose to eliminate the bad players, the bad guys of Crypto. As a counter to that, I embarked on a much more pleasurable enterprise by creating the WALL OF HONOR. Here we will list Alternative currencies and platforms that are the opposite of those on the WALL OF SHAME. To be included, these will be the barriers of entry:

-- Outstandingly fair distribution. This is a huge obstacle for many coins out there have magnificent models and platforms but are owned by very few individuals. Bitcoin itself would not be ever included precisely for that reason. There are many other great currencies and platforms whose distribution is, in our view, unfair. That will preclude them for entering the WALL OF HONOR which is reserved for the most outstanding atl currencies and platforms only.

-- No premine/instamine or other forms of mining exceeding 10% of the total coins.

-- Total transparency, preferably with legal names. But we will be flexible at this point as long as at least one of the dev team members produces their real legal name and location.

-- Non moderated or otherwise censored official threads, IRCs, Reddits, Twitters, Facebooks, etc.

Other considerations will also apply but those are basically the basic requirements.

IMPORTANT: The entire list of the WALL OF HONOR will be in this opening post. No other coins spammed or otherwise nominated, have made it to the list. If if it not in the list at the bottom of THIS opening post, it is NOT in THE WALL OF HONOR.

1.- PINKCOIN (PC). The current iteration of this coin, a true community launch after the disastrous initial, scammy, launch of the coin, not only meets our basic requirements but we have found it exceeds in almost every other aspect, from dedication on the part of the most visible PR members to a generosity that I have never witnessed in any other coin. The fact that it is a coin with a charitable purpose, which could be perceived as gimmicky (bat in a very positive way), only adds to that perception. All the "filters" have been passed with outstanding results also regarding transparency, freedoms (their IRC channel seems to require invitation/password but I had no problem logging in without either... and I was informed that they simply are not aware of it, so no such requirements are necessary).

Disclosure: I intend to invest in Pinkcoin at some point in the future. At the time of this writing and posting though, I have no investment of any kind in it.

EDITED ON OCTOBER 3RD, 2014:

Many things have changed in these almost 4 months since PINK was the first (and only) digital currency included in this Wall. Among others, the "charitable purpose" is reasonably in question given the fact that no efforts of any kind are actually made to promote that aspect of the project with that last donation being over 40 days old and the total of donors in over 4 months having only reached 9 -with 3 of them- supplying almost half of the total of just over $600 donated so far.

Meanwhile, through Danny Johnson, the main dev's connection to the poker world, PINK has become, in effect, "the gambling coin" with all its "promotion" centered in either the "poker feature" of the coin, the "challenges for money" (nothing to charity) or the "lottery twitter bot"  -also gambling-, as main exponents of the shit in promotion and direction (the twitter lottery bot gives a very small portion of its revenue to charity, having the total amount given reached just over $200 since inception).

Additionally, the developers of PINK have been auctioning and selling the software they have created for the project using the PINK platform to advertise it (the following figures prominently in the OP of their official thread here in BTCT: CONTACT US FOR INTEGRATING THE ANON FEATURE FOR YOUR COIN.. This has been public knowledge only after a not so gracious exit of "boxxa" from the development team caused a charge of "attempted extortion for money", by "boxxa", was made by the dev "fayoling". It turns out that the devs of PINK are selling the software they have created initially for pink to anyone willing to pay for it, with the proceeds lining the dev's pockets. Meanwhile the "official" response if that they would help "friends" on a "you scratch my back I'll scratch yours" euphemism as a mantra.

Branching out on that mantra, the same dev, on behalf of a fellow dev (sumgye), used the official thread of PINK to promote the ICO of the new SEEDCOIN, introducing the quite anonymous developer of that coin, Cryptzo, as a dear and trusted friend of Sumgye, clearly endorsing the competition.

In view of all the aforementioned developments, the listing of PINK in this Wall of Honor is hereby withdrawn for not only not corresponding but actually diverging from the initial path and objectives that prompted it's inclusion in it. I should clarify that this withdrawal is by no means a negative judgement on the current path of PINK. It is simply a different path, quite away from the original, in which the same values that granted the inclusion simply don't apply anymore.

EDIT TO ADD:

As of today, October 27th, 2014, the public thread of The Revamped Pinkcoin (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624017.0) has been closed and a new, self-moderated (censored) one has been started: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=836929.0 to try and silence the inconvenient posts about the shady dealings of the dev team members of Pink Coin. All of it is amply documented in the original thread linked here and also in a new thread, THE CASE OF PINK COIN here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=836929.0
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:39:58 PM

moderation is not neccesarily bad if it keeps the thread clean from bot spam..

i do applaud the idea, but dont agree with some of the standards. eg a transparent premine of 20% is imo better than 5% without.
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868

ADT developer

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:46:31 PM

moderation is not neccesarily bad if it keeps the thread clean from bot spam..

i do applaud the idea, but dont agree with some of the standards. eg a transparent premine of 20% is imo better than 5% without.

I self moderate the ADT ANN thread  but I have only had to delete 3 posts in the last 6 months and the only reason they were deleted is because someone was telling people to update to there unofficial client and I was taking no risks with that

so self moderated is not always bad Smiley

kipo

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:48:45 PM

This is a  good idea and support the dev ,taking a fair way for us
MINIGO

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:16:30 PM

wait more guys's suggestion

prometheianz

Activity: 95

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:28:55 PM

It's going to be a sparse wall..
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:34:26 PM

Hopefully not too sparse but, the positive side of that will be that the ones appearing here will be even more favored, as they should, by people. This will be their badge of honor and, if the ultimate objective, the barrier of entry in cryptoworld for any other coins.

Of course some people will disagree with the basics here but a moderated thread is poison in crypto, NO MATTER WHAT, and there's absolutely no legitimate reason for it. None. Not "ifs" no "buts".

As for instamine or premine, ZERO would be ideal but probably not realistic. I have set a margin of 10% because, depending on the ideas and plans, it could be reasonable. More worrysome than the 10% allowed to developers for a total development of their coins beyond the straight help of their community -and their deserved compensation for bringing it about-, is the distribution, that it is hardly fair ion 99% of the coins out there.

Anyway, there are few -but some- that not only fit the basics for exceed them. Which is VERY good.
Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:36:23 PM

World coin? it just got forgotten but the launch was fair, they even announce the launch days before.
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:59:36 PM

Hopefully not too sparse but, the positive side of that will be that the ones appearing here will be even more favored, as they should, by people. This will be their badge of honor and, if the ultimate objective, the barrier of entry in cryptoworld for any other coins.

Of course some people will disagree with the basics here but a moderated thread is poison in crypto, NO MATTER WHAT, and there's absolutely no legitimate reason for it. None. Not "ifs" no "buts".

As for instamine or premine, ZERO would be ideal but probably not realistic. I have set a margin of 10% because, depending on the ideas and plans, it could be reasonable. More worrysome than the 10% allowed to developers for a total development of their coins beyond the straight help of their community -and their deserved compensation for bringing it about-, is the distribution, that it is hardly fair ion 99% of the coins out there.

Anyway, there are few -but some- that not only fit the basics for exceed them. Which is VERY good.

just because a coin has a self moderated thread it dosent mean that everything bad is deleted please take a look at the ADT v2.0 thread and see that even trolls and negative posts are not deleted unless its 100% necessary if you don't include coins just because of being self moderated you will be missing some good coins of the list

if the self moderation has been abused that's a totally different story !

Rofo
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 07:42:18 AM

Sweet, that rules NOBL out. Will be (very) interesting, perhaps even comical, to see which coins are put forward..

cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 08:01:20 AM

we (Diamond[DMD]) can fulfill all requirements beside non moderated thread

in my opinion a clean up of thread by remove as example bug-reports of already fixed bugs and so on  make reading the thread much easyer

moderating of a thread is well used not a tool of censorship but a tool to reduce redundant information and outdated infos

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:19:10 PM

Sweet, that rules NOBL out. Will be (very) interesting, perhaps even comical, to see which coins are put forward..

Lets just leave it at "interesting", should we?

If you chose to have absolute control over the opinions, claims, etc. that your community -or anyone- makes on your threads or others official ways of communication, that was your prerogative, much like dictators have across history --and will always do. You can opt out of such dictatorial attitude and see the light of freedom and then  be considered... if that is the only basic rules you don't currently fulfill. Otherwise, you will simply not be considered.

And, to be quite honest, your comment here, with the unnecessary and quite negative sarcasm, is a clear indication as to why you want absolute control over what is post and is not.

And it doesn't paint a pretty picture.
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:27:21 PM

in my opinion a clean up of thread by remove as example bug-reports of already fixed bugs and so on  make reading the thread much easier

moderating of a thread is well used not a tool of censorship but a tool to reduce redundant information and outdated info

Sorry but I disagree. There's NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER to have censorship on official threads, IRCs, etc. The ONLY "reason" for it is to effect absolute control over what is posted and that goes against the most basic rule of freedom, the freedom of speech. And, I would add, against what crypto is supposed to represent. Threads shouldn't be "easy" to read; they should be free. And, like everything, such freedom comes with positives and negatives. The former so far outweight the later that it shouldn't even be a consideration.

As for the excuse regarding repetition or outdated posts -which is not a negative for many researching would like to know not only that the bug got fixed but what the process was to get it fixed-, it is easily solved by keeping the OPs promptly and adequately updated -which should be a top priority for all the people in charge-.

Self-moderated threads should be closed and replaced for non-moderated ones. It is that simple and anyone who has nothing to hide, should clearly see the need for this and act accordingly... immediately if they want to be considered for entry in THE WALL OF HONOR.
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:38:28 PM

in my opinion a clean up of thread by remove as example bug-reports of already fixed bugs and so on  make reading the thread much easier

moderating of a thread is well used not a tool of censorship but a tool to reduce redundant information and outdated info
s
Sorry but I disagree. There's NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER to have censorship on official threads, IRCs, etc. The ONLY "reason" for it is to effect absolute control over what is posted and that goes against the most basic rule of freedom, the freedom of speech. And, I would add, against what crypto is supposed to represent. Threads shouldn't be "easy" to read; they should be free. And, like everything, such freedom comes with positives and negatives. The former so far outweight the later that it shouldn't even be a consideration.

As for the excuse regarding repetition or outdated posts -which is not a negative for many researching would like to know not only that the bug got fixed but what the process was to get it fixed-, it is easily solved by keeping the OPs promptly and adequately updated -which should be a top priority for all the people in charge-.

Self-moderated threads should be closed and replaced for non-moderated ones. It is that simple and anyone who has nothing to hide, should clearly see the need for this and act accordingly... immediately if they want to be considered for entry in THE WALL OF HONOR.

ADT v1 was not self moderated and we had a whole load of issues with people promoting other coins in the thread when we moved to ADT v2.0 we went for self moderated to stop us having to contact the mods every day to get spam removed the only way we will ever swap back is if the comunaty want it and I don't see that happening any time soon if coins are not on the list just because of self moderated it proves that you have no interest In doing the right thing   

barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:25:04 PM

in my opinion a clean up of thread by remove as example bug-reports of already fixed bugs and so on  make reading the thread much easier

s

ADT v1 was not self moderated and we had a whole load of issues with people promoting other coins in the thread when we moved to ADT v2.0 we went for self moderated to stop us having to contact the mods every day to get spam removed the only way we will ever swap back is if the comunaty want it and I don't see that happening any time soon if coins are not on the list just because of self moderated it proves that you have no interest In doing the right thing  

Well we are going to have to agree to disagree then on that point. Freedom of speech will never, under any and all circumstances, be even up for discussion. And if you believe that it is because I have no interest in doing "the right thing", that's just too bad; reality is that, best case scenario, you just choose not to deal with a supposed problem of spam. It is your choice. I cannot be more clear about this one: No censorship of ANY kind for ANY reason whatsoever.
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:55:34 PM

in my opinion a clean up of thread by remove as example bug-reports of already fixed bugs and so on  make reading the thread much easier

s

Well we are going to have to agree to disagree then on that point. Freedom of speech will never, under any and all circumstances, be even up for discussion. And if you believe that it is because I have no interest in doing "the right thing", that's just too bad; reality is that, best case scenario, you just choose not to deal with a supposed problem of spam. It is your choice. I cannot be more clear about this one: No censorship of ANY kind for ANY reason whatsoever.

does anyone want to bet that all the coins that end up on this list are coins that this guy holds 

barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:48:55 AM

s

does anyone want to bet that all the coins that end up on this list are coins that this guy holds  

May I participate in that bet or is it just plain baseless stupidity? First of all, if I hold some amount of a coin that I find worthy of THE WALL OF HONOR, that would be the most logical thing for my endorsement actually reveals that after thorough research and examination I have found not just that the coin fulfills all the basic requirements but also is an excellent investment, in my opinion, so being an investor in it would make all the sense in the world AND I intend to be invested, whatever small, effectively in one and all the listed coins. This is a WALL OF HONOR, not the New York Times or the Wall Street Journal. I don't ask for donations -like every single blogger I know of, and I do the work to reflect that there's honor in crypto... which doesn't mean, necessarily, that the coins that show to have it, are the most profitable. But you anticipate some kind of ulterior, bastardly, motives behind it and that, quite frankly, is and will remain your problem, not mine. And the problem of others will be to figure out if my motivation to include those coins in the WALL OF HONOR is my possible measly investment in some of them or the consequence the other way around. That is, precisely, why there are those BASIC REQUIREMENTS that 98% of the coins out there, yours included, fail to fulfill.

In any case, this Wall will just be a badge of honor, as stated before, not a guarantee of profit for those who decide to invest in the coins listed here. It has been designed as that and as a guarantee, instead, that the coins would have been fairly well distributed, sport absolute transparency, have responsible devs not hiding under anonymous and often changing handles, no instamine/premine exceeding 10% of total coins ever available and no censorship of any kind in their official threads. Anything else, they will have to decide for themselves.
Rofo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 06:56:27 AM

If you chose to have absolute control over the opinions, claims, etc. that your community -or anyone- makes on your threads or others official ways of communication, that was your prerogative, much like dictators have across history --and will always do. You can opt out of such dictatorial attitude and see the light of freedom and then  be considered... if that is the only basic rules you don't currently fulfill. Otherwise, you will simply not be considered.

And, to be quite honest, your comment here, with the unnecessary and quite negative sarcasm, is a clear indication as to why you want absolute control over what is post and is not.

Post whatever *criticisms* you want in the NOBL thread. The massive scam accusations and criticism from day 1 still sit there as well as us answering/addressing them as best we can. Post huge quote-quote-quote red text, scam pools & exchange ads, personal attacks and it will get removed.  Dictatorial powers..

You really think we want the drama and personal insults/arguments all you randoms bring flooding the NOBL channel? It's like days of our lives in half these coins threads..

barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:19:00 AM

If you chose to have absolute control over the opinions, claims, etc. that your community -or anyone- makes on your threads or others official ways of communication, that was your prerogative, much like dictators have across history --and will always do. You can opt out of such dictatorial attitude and see the light of freedom and then  be considered... if that is the only basic rules you don't currently fulfill. Otherwise, you will simply not be considered.

Post whatever *criticisms* you want in the NOBL thread. The massive scam accusations and criticism from day 1 still sit there as well as us answering/addressing them as best we can. Post huge quote-quote-quote red text, scam pools & exchange ads, personal attacks and it will get removed.  Dictatorial powers..

You really think we want the drama and personal insults/arguments all you randoms bring flooding the NOBL channel? It's like days of our lives in half these coins threads..

Like I have stated so many times already: It is your prerogative. And mine.

And since, obviously, your coin will not be included for it fails to comply with all requirements, I really fail to see the point of you keeping on posting here... not that you are not absolutely free to do it in whatever terms you choose, mind you. Which is, again, precisely the point.
Rofo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 07:22:46 AM

OK. I apologise for butting into your thread. Good luck with your Wall of Honor and listing the honorable coins/identities of the altcoin scene.

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: