Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:54:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is future of litecoin?  (Read 5790 times)
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:09:18 PM

In 6 months, Litecoin's prices will have recovered greatly and I'll have doubled or tripled (or more).

I hope your right, but given one year history of the Litecoin price, the trend does not look good at all. The same can be say about others old altcoins. I guess not enought demand here  Huh

If you at all believe that LTC will turn around in the long term, the price is an absolute blue light special right now.   It is like a clearance sale!
worldtreasurefinders

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:45:31 PM

Multiple tiers of value are ingrained in human culture.  If there is a gold, there will be a silver, a copper, and maybe something else.  No other alt has the history and claim to silver as litecoin.  And I don't buy the whole "there's nothing unique about LTC" or "it's not innovative enough".  It'll take more than a new flavor of the day to unseat a coin that has the history and hashrate of LTC.  In the deep ingrained crypto world we're seeing more and more weird and novel coins hoping to find one unique feature that will give them a bubble so they claim to be the new #2.  But the world economy doesn't care about that.  The economy needs a coin that has a strong history and is secure.  What other alt has been around as long as LTC or has the hashrate of LTC?  We're talking about building a new monetary economy here, and to do this you need more than a meme coin or joke coin or one-hit-wonder coin.  Don't let current prices fool you into thinking the coin is dead or dying.  Bitcoin did the same thing, and many people said it was dead back then too. 

I know I'm taking a risk when the prices are collapsing like this, but I'm buying as much LTC at this price as I can.

Architect, Anarchist, Numismatist, Crypto-Enthusiast.
GangkisKhan

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:57:21 PM

I know I'm taking a risk when the prices are collapsing like this, but I'm buying as much LTC at this price as I can.

The risk is far greater now as the competition is fierce among all the crypto coins. The greatest mistake a speculator will make is put all eggs into one basket.
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:05:46 PM

The risk is far greater now as the competition is fierce among all the crypto coins. The greatest mistake a speculator will make is put all eggs into one basket.

I don't think that anyone in their right mind would put all their money into LTC.   I wouldn't even recommend putting 25% of your money into LTC.   I do however think it is worthwhile to allocate some of your money there (if you can hold it for the long haul).
TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:45:11 AM

Litecoin has no usage and no unique feature.

Depends. It depends that Litecoin staff will assume a good marketing team. If it happens, there is a good probability that Litecoin will rise Smiley

Is there any indication of this? Is there any indication that the people involved in Litecoin are doing anything at all?

It looks like their just content to sit on their hands and do nothing while the rest of the world passes them by.

I thought litecoin was alright back in 2011. I mean, hey, why not? Silver to bitcoin's gold. Alright. It's nice to have a back up with a different hashing algorithm. But now? 

Yes, those of us who are deeply ingrained in Litecoin are actively working on a number of activities. To say otherwise means you certainly do not follow Litecoin at all and are not aware of the activities (therefore you really shouldn't be commenting on this).

On the developers, they are working on Litecoin actively (even though I do admit their updates are something to be desired lol).

As for the "Litecoin doesnt have new innovations and will die cause of it". I think everyone needs to remember something, in order to stand out in the crowd you need to have something different. Litecoin is different in its own right for being such a successful coin that frankly have other coins ogling its number 2 spot.

Litecoin is unique, even without "feature fever".

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:08:56 AM

Unless it is bitcoin.  Wink
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:10:05 AM

As for the "Litecoin doesnt have new innovations and will die cause of it". I think everyone needs to remember something, in order to stand out in the crowd you need to have something different. Litecoin is different in its own right for being such a successful coin that frankly have other coins ogling its number 2 spot.

This has to be a joke ...

TheMage

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:30:02 AM

This has to be a joke ...

You tell me if this is a joke. With so many people here stating it isn't unique yet there are multiple threads about its demise, being unseated as the second largest, and so on. Obviously the simple fact that this and other threads like it are created means that there is something unique about it.

Or maybe you can point me to the "What is future of tittycoin" thread?  Roll Eyes

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
Energy Drink

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:07:43 AM

Still the second biggest coin but I think LTC is dead. Scrypt algorithm is not ASIC proof.... and mining dogecoins is more profitable.
TheMage

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:18:41 AM

Still the second biggest coin but I think LTC is dead. Scrypt algorithm is not ASIC proof.... and mining dogecoins is more profitable.

I....uhhhhh.......

Look im a strong Dogecoin supporter as well, but I mean look at the network hash rate to see what people think is the most profitable.

In addition, please point me to somewhere official stating that Litecoin was stated as being asic "proof". It was always and still is asic resistant. Still resistant meaning that the $ per hash is much more expensive (by a factor of 10 when I looked at it a while ago) than bitcoins asics. I would consider that resistant.

Candystripes

Activity: 294

***THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE***

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:27:47 AM

Early alts have mostly dropped, expect it to keep on its road downhill.

---------------------------------
No longer under the possession of Candystripes.
Account is currently dormant.
Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:59:43 AM

In 6 months, Litecoin's prices will have recovered greatly and I'll have doubled or tripled (or more).

I hope your right, but given one year history of the Litecoin price, the trend does not look good at all. The same can be say about others old altcoins. I guess not enought demand here  Huh

If you at all believe that LTC will turn around in the long term, the price is an absolute blue light special right now.   It is like a clearance sale!
I think there is a good reason why the value of LTC has decreased so much recently in terms of BTC. One reason is because so many other alts have been created recently that are very similar to LTC with minor differences. This allows people to see how little value altcoins really have (they are really no different then BTC). I think another reason is the advent of scrypt based ASICs. If people make huge investments into these ASICs then they will likely want to convert at least a portion of what they mined to fiat in an attempt to ROI when previously they would mine with existing equipment they already had (or would buy GPUs that depreciate less then ASICs - they have other uses).
juicyjuice87

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:25:32 AM

I think there is a good reason why the value of LTC has decreased so much recently in terms of BTC. One reason is because so many other alts have been created recently that are very similar to LTC with minor differences. This allows people to see how little value altcoins really have (they are really no different then BTC). I think another reason is the advent of scrypt based ASICs. If people make huge investments into these ASICs then they will likely want to convert at least a portion of what they mined to fiat in an attempt to ROI when previously they would mine with existing equipment they already had (or would buy GPUs that depreciate less then ASICs - they have other uses).

No. Are ypu living in 2013? ALL btc clones are dead or dying and this piece of shit LTC will be dead before the end of the year because it's fucking usless
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:45:50 AM

Hello All,

What is future of litecoin? Does its worth investing in it?
Currently is at $10, will it grow like btc and reach upto 400-500 USD after few years?

It grow to $5 in 2 months not so bad.
worldtreasurefinders

Activity: 315

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:27:47 PM

It's probably worth revisiting a few of these doom threads for bitcoin a few years back, just to get some perspective:

The Writing on the Wall

R.I.P Bitcoin

Bitcoin will never reach $20 again

Is There Any Hope Left?

Bitcoin is dead & I predicted it

Value Plummeting??!

Architect, Anarchist, Numismatist, Crypto-Enthusiast.
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:34:56 PM

It's probably worth revisiting a few of these doom threads for bitcoin a few years back, just to get some perspective:

The Writing on the Wall

R.I.P Bitcoin

Is There Any Hope Left?

Value Plummeting??!

Yeah, there are so many of those.   To be honest, if someone is that pessimistic about BTC, LTC, (or any crypto for that matter), I have no idea why they would waste their time participating on their respective forum.  If I thought BTC was just a sinking ship, there would be no way in hell I would be spending time making posts on a forum just reiterating about it's demise.... what is the point in that?
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:41:59 PM

The Writing on the Wall

R.I.P Bitcoin

Is There Any Hope Left?

Value Plummeting??!

There is no shortage of such threads but still people forget where BTC was year or two ago as compared to now.
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:49:17 PM

LTC is going down and soon will hit 2usd
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:54:21 PM

LTC is going down and soon will hit 2usd

What are you basing this premise on?   Do you have any specific data that leads you to believe this, or is just a guess?
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:32:19 PM

Yes Litecoin is going to die...please sell all of your Litecoins before it is too late!

PANIC SELL!

Wink

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: