Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:43:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: If $537 fails to hold........  (Read 3541 times)
MatTheCat (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:05:28 PM

Then we will have breached the long term trendline that has been in place since Jan 2013.

Anyone care to provide any other theories as to why Bitcoin finding 'support' at $500, or somewhere in the $400's, would be 'bullish'?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
utclover

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:24:44 PM

My chart says  the stoploss is $517. buy support on bitstamp says stoploss is  $500-520
you can always give or take a few dollars btw.
you need to wait for confirmation before you sell or you will lose your coins that way.

my chart says bullish. if it goes bellow $515 and on the 4h chart the next candle after that it opens lower than 520 and closes lower than 500 i will sell all my bitcoins if the next after that is red.

if that does not happen, bitcoin is very bullish and will pass atleast $2500 or alot higher

segeln

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:26:12 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 02:15:27 PM by segeln

Then we will have breached the long term trendline that has been in place since Jan 2013.
the graph doesn`t show the trendline since 2013. This trendline was broken already 04.11.2014.So this graph shows an adjusted trendline since the definite break 04.27.2014. Only noobs correct broken trendlines so quick

Btw: the longterm (Primary) trendline is since 2011.the trendline since 2013 is midterm(secondary) and due to the Rally-acceleration  in 2013
again,only noobs don`t know the the correct terms

sorry,I made a mistake
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:27:55 PM

the graph doesn`t show the trendline since 2013. This trendline was broken already 04.11.2014.So this graph shows an adjusted trendline since the definite break 04.27.2014. Only noobs correct broken trendlines so quick

Btw: the longterm (Primary) trendline is since 2011.the trendline since 2013 is midterm(secondary) and due to the Rally-acceleration  in 2013

What would be current support on that long-term support?
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:30:30 PM

If we break below $530 I will start questioning the entire rally we've had since $450, but so far it looks like a normal correction to the 0.618 fib level to me. Let's see if the bears can break right through all the bullish news lately. Long term I'm not worried though even if we revisit 400s or 300s.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
segeln

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:31:43 PM

about 101 $
segeln

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:33:07 PM

If we break below $530 I will start questioning the entire rally we've had since $450, but so far it looks like a normal correction to the 0.618 fib level to me. Let's see if the bears can break right through all the bullish news lately. Long term I'm not worried though even if we revisit 400s or 300s.
yeah,absolute normal Fibo-Retracement-Level
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:37:47 PM

Hallo Segeln!

I get to read your post because someone else quoted it.

If you think that a long term trend line being breached by $5-$10 on low volume, renders that trendline being broken, then it is you that is the noob.

....and we never broke it on April 2013, we rebounded of it near perfectly.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
segeln

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:43:15 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 02:16:50 PM by segeln

Hallo Segeln!

I get to read your post because someone else quoted it.

If you think that a long term trend line being breached by $5-$10 on low volume, renders that trendline being broken, then it is you that is the noob.

....and we never broke it on April 2013, we rebounded of it near perfectly.
it was broken in 2014,not 2013 as you suggested.And it was broken for about 1 Month time,you noob.And No low volume
I know you can stand beeing described as noob,because you overestimate yourself as always.

[/s]
sorry,I made a mistake
Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:46:20 PM

Also, that point coincides with an important Fibo level Tongue

Let's just say that if we break that, RIP Bitcoin lol
bellgarath1

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:48:10 PM

There are lots of short term events happening.  US dumping coin, and China messing with coin again.
But the future is only looking brighter and this is a chance to buy and hold coin once you think it has bottomed out.

Jerry

My guess is 425 to 450.......

segeln

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:48:18 PM

https://www.tradingview.com/x/Og7Mytb7
there you see the rallyacceleration 2013 and ist breach april 2014.
Furthermore the Longterm (Primary) trendline since 2011.
In blue,just for you , the adjusted trendline 2013.You can not adjust trendlines so quick.
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:58:03 PM

it was broken in 2014,not 2013 as you suggested.And it was broken for about 1 Month time,you noob.And No low volume
I know you can stand beeing described as noob,because you overestimate yourself as always.

Very well then Segeln you absolute grade A fucking halfwit roaster.

Show me the chart where the long term support trendline which I have drawn on and inserted into this thread is breached for a month?

I really am beginning to form a mental image of you being some kind of frustrated fucking foaming out the mouth vegetable.

You bandy the accusations about, noob this, noob that, noob doesn't understand, yet you continually reveal yourself to be completely fucking ignorant.

Huh

Ah....I forgot, your break even level was at $750...Ah, and now Bitcoin has gone and went in the opposite direction....ah, I see! Must be hard to take that, eh? Be even harder to take once that LONG FUCKING TERM SUPPORT LINE is broken though? Stimmt das oder, mein armer behinderter Deutscher Kumpel!?

Edit: If it is any consolation, I just lost a few hundred dollars with a panic market order. The ticker on Bitstamp read $549 when I decided to fold my $555 buy-in, but a whole bunch of others had the same idea as me at the very same time (not to mention the front running friends of the exchange no doubt) and by the time my trade went through, it registered at $540.07! The bottom of the market! What a fucking Jew of a thing to happen, eh wot?

segeln

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:07:38 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 02:18:14 PM by segeln

Very well then Segeln you absolute grade A fucking halfwit roaster.

Show me the chart where the long term support trendline which I have drawn on and inserted into this thread is breached for a month?

I really am beginning to form a mental image of you being some kind of frustrated fucking foaming out the mouth vegetable.

You bandy the accusations about, noob this, noob that, noob doesn't understand, yet you continually reveal yourself to be completely fucking ignorant.

Huh

Ah....I forgot, your break even level was at $750...Ah, and now Bitcoin has gone and went in the opposite direction....ah, I see! Must be hard to take that, eh? Be even harder to take once that LONG FUCKING TERM SUPPORT LINE is broken though? Stimmt das oder, mein armer behinderter Deutscher Kumpel!?
no comment needed for those ad hominem accusation.
by,by
Edit:
If you draw a false trendline you will never see the breach
sorry, I made a mistake MatTheCat`s trendline is correct
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:25:16 PM

My chart says  the stoploss is $517. buy support on bitstamp says stoploss is  $500-520
you can always give or take a few dollars btw.
you need to wait for confirmation before you sell or you will lose your coins that way.

my chart says bullish. if it goes bellow $515 and on the 4h chart the next candle after that it opens lower than 520 and closes lower than 500 i will sell all my bitcoins if the next after that is red.

if that does not happen, bitcoin is very bullish and will pass atleast $2500 or alot higher

Yes the support is somewhere between 520, if we hold on that point we will see four figures in the next month!
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:25:26 PM

Ah! I see.

Ok, back on ignore with you methinks!

Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:57:27 PM

In blue,just for you , the adjusted trendline 2013.You can not adjust trendlines so quick.

Dude, what is that random red line?

If you draw a trend line from january the 6th 2013 to the bottom of the october crash you have a clear trend line that predicted the $340 bottom and the official trend reversal perfectly.
Simple as that.  
the red line is nothing at all.
What are you saying?
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:04:30 PM

If you draw a trend line from january the 6th 2013 to the bottom (why should) of the october crash you have a clear trend line that predicted the $340 bottom and the official trend reversal perfectly.
Simple as that.  
What are you saying?

He is saying that you must agree with him that that random red line is infact the long term support, otherwise you are a noob that doesn't understand Bitcoin.

LOL @ Wanderfromthenorth!!! He is a n00000b! That doesn't understand Bitcoin!

r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:28:00 PM

I made a post specifically to address this post:

This forum has the largest collection of dumb college educated people on earth

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652307.0

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:36:43 PM

Really?

And should that long term support be convincingly breached, at what price support would you be happy to go all in on a long Bitcoin position?

maker88

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:39:37 PM

could you explain how you came to draw that 2013 trend line in red? why doesn't it touch the october bottom, seems to be deliberately placed in the wrong spot on the chart. the blue line seems pretty textbook. isn't that the one you claim is false? I'm a little confused by your chart.
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:45:34 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 07:56:53 PM by bitcoinsrus

Matt, what you think is going to happen at the end of the month when the 30k are sold. Personally I do not think it will cause that much of a price drop because I think the 650 to now already calculated the panic selling for this incident.

I do not think the buyer will dump on exchanges. What you think about this (and for July). Thanks
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:04:42 PM

Matt, what you think is going to happen at the end of the month when the 30k are sold. Personally I do not think it will cause that much of a price drop because I think the 650 to now already calculated the panic selling for this incident.

I do not think the buyer will dump on exchanges. What you think about this (and for July. Thanks

I really don't have a phucking clue. I still can't say that Bitcoin is spooking me out on an intuitive level because it isn't. On an intuitive level, I still believe that higher highs (than $680) are ahead. I did however believe that we were going to go down a bit, but really thought that $550 would be the bottom. Now the bottom is $538, right on the long term support line, and let's face it, we just haven't seen the buying support that would suggest that this will be the final bottom. The likelihood is that we go down further from here and as soon as that long term trendline is breached, then Bitcoin goes into uncharted territory and will have to find a level of consolidation at some point before I could feel that I can trade it again. With the amount of fear going around at the moment regarding the rumoured 51% attack possibility and the FBI seized coins etc, who knows, if that trend line is breached ($537) then Bitcoin might go into a real freefall. The ground support trendline beneath it is currently somewhere in $100 range. Not saying that it would go right down to that, but where it might stop, and for how long, and what kind of rebound that we might get, is beyond my abilities to speculate on.

Not for me at the moment. I was fortunate enough to be wise enough to leave my $660 position at $645. I have since been in and out market on a few occasions, making small profits as I exited my position after I decided things weren't looking too clever. However, I hit the panic button on my last $555 trade and made a market sell at $449. Not so bad you may think, except that a lot of people must have hit the panic button at the same time, and I witnessed several hundred BTC selling into Bid wall taking spot down to $440 before my order was executed. Very very annoying. Fucking Bitstamp and their atrocious lack of trading options....I mean, at least give us a Stop Buy/Sell option Bitstamp u fucking inept cunts.

So in short, my answer towards Bitcoin is phuck knows m8! I have been playing the catching the falling knife game, but it has kept on falling and this time I got badly cut, so I am out for now and waiting on the market to grind out some kind of consolidatory pattern before I start lining up a plan of action again. If $538 turns out to be the final bottom for this correction, then that would make for a classic rising wedge scenario such as I outlined in some TA 101 that I put in oda.krell's TA thread, only my Rising Wedge had like $580 or something as the top of the second swing up, a full $100 short of what the actual second top swing will be should the rising wedge scenario play out. If the rising wedge scenario does come to fruition, then this is the bottom....but I aint risking nothing on that at this point in time.

segeln

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:05:26 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 02:20:06 PM by segeln

If you draw a trend line from january the 6th 2013 to the bottom of the october crash you have a clear trend line that predicted the $340 bottom and the official trend reversal perfectly.
Simple as that.  
What are you saying?

sorry,but the red Line is the acceleration in 2013

sorry,I made a mistake
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:09:56 PM

Really?

And should that long term support be convincingly breached, at what price support would you be happy to go all in on a long Bitcoin position?

When I trade BTC and Altcoins, I do trade taking technicals into account, but i weigh fundamentals and general market confidence as being far more important since pretty much every form of currency is a confidence game.  My main use of technicals (it's best and only real use imo) is to look for a bottom, never to try and predict a top.  Then I trade knowing what my current profit is and the bottom it can possibly slide to.  I don't trade every single day like some people do, and don't buy anything that I wouldn't hold for at least a week, but I have also never lost money trading crypto.  Trading every day is how you get burned.

The market is honestly too manipulated by a single entity on Bitstamp also with low volume for me to be comfortable with to go into right now.  I was waiting for the momentum trade on actual fundamental changes.  I don't want to win or lose based entirely on one single guy on Bitstamp.  That's the equivalent of buying a lottery ticket.

Unless they have insider information that I don't know, the smart money would currently be out of BTC while waiting on buy signals unless they're holding a long position.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:16:25 PM

The market is honestly too manipulated by a single entity on Bitstamp also with low volume for me to be comfortable with to go into right now.  I was waiting for the momentum trade on actual fundamental changes.  I would buy under 500 though, otherwise, I'll just wait for the momentum trade when I know whether I win or lose won't entirely be determined by one single guy on Bitstamp.  That's the equivalent of buying a lottery ticket.

This is what I have been noticing recently big style. Been saying it on this forum but it mostly gets dismissed as unsubstantiated conspiracy theory. This entity on Bitstamp prevented a break out from triangle at $680 range twice. It was his selling pressure that brought the market down to $500 range, which ultimately lead to some kind of leveraged long squeeze on Bitfinex as can be seen by taking a squizz at the rather erratic Bitfinex charts.

I trade all the time me and I am fucking shit at it! Always chasing the dragons tail thinking stuff like "right, last time I never took profits and got burned as the market turned on me, this time I will take profits and buy back in correction!" Read: Bought in at $460, sold at $520 in order to cash in on correction, Bitcoin goes to $680! lol. Then the next time I do the opposite; "Right, last time I took profits too early, this time I am gonna hold out for a real rise!" Only for the market to punish me again, but in the opposite way.....and that is just the trades I win. I have never even nearly took max potential profit from a winning trade since the inception of the bear market in Dec 2013, I have come close to taking 80%+ of potential losses in losing trades though.

mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:16:46 PM

You guys could always watch the 365-day EMA, instead.

bitcoinsrus

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:20:47 PM

Yea, a break lower then 537 might mean its going down more (for a little bit). Dam I thought this FUD was over. Everyone had high hopes for July, but maybe August or September might be the new uptrend.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:25:19 PM

This entity on Bitstamp prevented a break out from triangle at $680 range twice. It was his selling pressure that brought the market down to $500 range, which ultimately lead to some kind of leveraged long squeeze on Bitfinex as can be seen by taking a squizz at the rather erratic Bitfinex charts.

I don't think you have the full picture here.  I trade alts a lot more than BTC, so I know what a pump and dump looks like from a mile away and can spot certain players by whatever volumes they use.  It was pretty obvious to me the same, single entity was responsible for both making the price rise and fall, and it was done using Bitstamp.  My first thought was that someone was trying to experiment with pump and dumping Bitcoin.  My second thought was that someone like KNC, or coalition of ASIC makers, wanted to create an uptrend to sell Scrypt or SHA ASICs.

You guys could always watch the 365-day EMA, instead.

I'm not sure if I would use willy tainted data, but it's better than nothing.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:27:00 PM

Yea, a break lower then 537 might mean its going down more (for a little bit). Dam I thought this FUD was over. Everyone had high hopes for July, but maybe August or September might be the new uptrend.

Knock the idea of 2 da Moon right out of your head. Until the day comes that we take out the previous ATH, then there always exists the potential that we are still in a long term corrective Wave.

IF $538 holds as the bottom, then we can rule out the recent rise as being due to an EW impulse wave move, and due to a potential Rising Wedge move that is very much part of a Wave B counter trend rally. If this were to be the case, then the most optimistic top would be somewhere in $800-$900 range. But if the $538 support fails, then Bitcoin will be looking to most like a very scary proposition.

I don't think you have the full picture here.  I trade alts a lot more than BTC, so I know what a pump and dump looks like from a mile away and can spot certain players by whatever volumes they use.  It was pretty obvious to me the same, single entity was responsible for both making the price rise and fall, and it was done using Bitstamp.

Yep. Noticed that recently. Other exchanges may take the lead, but only if Bitstamp moves, does the Bitcoin market as a whole move. If Bitcoin doesn't move, then the other big exchanges (most of which report much greater volume than Bitstamp), kind of look back at the $20-$30 price differential between their spot and spot on Bistamp and think 'ermm......maybe not'.

bitcoinsrus

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:36:14 PM

Knock the idea of 2 da Moon right out of your head. Until the day comes that we take out the previous ATH, then there always exists the potential that we are still in a long term corrective Wave.

IF $538 holds as the bottom, then we can rule out the recent rise as being due to an EW impulse wave move, and due to a potential Rising Wedge move that is very much part of a Wave B counter trend rally. If this were to be the case, then the most optimistic top would be somewhere in $800-$900 range. But if the $538 support fails, then Bitcoin will be looking to most like a very scary proposition.

I don't think you have the full picture here.  I trade alts a lot more than BTC, so I know what a pump and dump looks like from a mile away and can spot certain players by whatever volumes they use.  It was pretty obvious to me the same, single entity was responsible for both making the price rise and fall, and it was done using Bitstamp.

Yep. Noticed that recently. Other exchanges may take the lead, but only if Bitstamp moves, does the Bitcoin market as a whole move.

Here is where I am at. I have known about bitcoin since 11/29/13 (guy lost harddrive on news that lead me to look into it). Since then it crashed to 500 (from 1100+ when I first saw it). Then it went back to 980+

Then gox fud from 800 to 339. So in the like 6.5+ months, I have seen 2 big things. So I know things take time. I thought it was going to go (not ATH but like sub 800 or 900 or something) starting in July. But in the past, you have been correct so I guess more time for correction in my eyes.

But I still am expecting a upturn within a few months (def. b4 end of q4 @dec 2014). But lets see if 537-538 breaks. I think it might hold now (but has a good chance of breaking when the coins sell not because of the winner dumping, just other panic sellers).
Arghhh

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:58:24 PM

The only thing I'm watching now is how the community respond to the 51% attack (yes, it is an attack). This will determine the fate of bitcoin in my eyes.

All things China and Silk Road are sideshows at this point.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:01:53 PM

The only thing I'm watching now is how the community respond to the 51% attack (yes, it is an attack). This will determine the fate of bitcoin in my eyes.

If you have proof of a real and successful 51% attack, please post it, or a link to it.
Until then, it's just a remote possibility. If the attack were real, we would see the price entering a death spiral.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
falllling

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:02:53 PM

i told you guys many times, since $62x til now, we are going down to $1xx and $x very fast now, believe or not, it's the way down

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=650517.0
Bitcoin is dead ! GHash over 51%, SR Seized coins and Mtgox coins, China Ban etc
falllling

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:04:12 PM

If you have proof of a real and successful 51% attack, please post it, or a link to it.
Until then, it's just a remote possibility. If the attack were real, we would see the price entering a death spiral.

Bitcoin = GHash Coin now, no need to wait for a real double spend
who wants GHash Coin?
segeln

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:07:49 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 02:20:35 PM by segeln

sorry to all: I did an incorrect drawing for the trendline since 2013
here is the correct one:

sorry MatTheCat
fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:13:43 PM

Too late segeln, by now everyone knows your TA is flawed and you lost all your credibility. Game Over!

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:15:20 PM

Anyone care to provide any other theories as to why Bitcoin finding 'support' at $500, or somewhere in the $400's, would be 'bullish'?

Yep, good point surprisingly. If that support (around $520 on my chart but who cares for small change) is confidently breached on the current FUD stream, that would mean the x10 acceleration is over at least for some time, and 300 is quite real.

I am still bullish though, and don't think it will go that low, just because of some obvious FUD this time - there aren't any actual news, just regurgitating some old FUD from china, silkroad and 51% - these are all used up to death, sorry; had to use all three at once to move the price Smiley

i am satoshi
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:42:56 PM

But in the past, you have been correct so I guess more time for correction in my eyes.

Not so fast! I am telling you in no uncertain terms that I don't know how this is going to play out. If $538 was the bottom, then that sets up for a classic rising wedge scenario which would be bullish on the intermediate term but bearish on the long term. If $538 falls....oo-er missus. Then we could have a real bloodbath on our hands.

I am still bullish though, and don't think it will go that low, just because of some obvious FUD this time - there aren't any actual news, just regurgitating some old FUD from china, silkroad and 51% - these are all used up to death, sorry; had to use all three at once to move the price Smiley

And here is the strange thing. So actually am I. I was fairly certain that a strong correction was coming (not quite as strong as what we have seen of course), but still feeling that higher highs than $680 were a coming around the mountain. But here we are. We have corrected right down to the long term trendline and recovery volume hasn't been so fantastic. Perhaps Bitcoin can trend and grind along to test the trendline again on low volume in a few days time before going shooting up again, but if there is yet more selling pressure to come, then we all know what the implications will be of that line getting convincingly breached.....and btw....I have redrawn the line, aiming to hook up the $340 low with the Jan 2013 trending tangent points, and having cut $5 or so of the tail fo the October Silk Road crash, and I make the trendline at $542.59 at the point when we got the $538 low. So for all intents and purposes, the trendline was tested and the market stopped selling. We couldn't really say that the market has started buying though.....certainly nothing like the reaction we got at $340. The common sense viewpoint would have to be that $538 wasn't the bottom.

Malin Keshar

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:44:30 PM

already back to the 560's, seems just like another weekend dump. But the fact that btc-e price is greater than bitstamp price is signal that we are in troubled times, so anything can happen, but I doubt we sill see sub 530 or up 600 until the 27th, unless if the FUD makers really do a great job
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:45:03 PM

I don't think ghash would actually launch a 51% attack on the network. Just because they have  51% of the hashrate does not mean they are double spending or preventing other pools from finding pools.
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:52:50 PM

already back to the 560's, seems just like another weekend dump. But the fact that btc-e price is greater than bitstamp price is signal that we are in troubled times, so anything can happen, but I doubt we sill see sub 530 or up 600 until the 27th, unless if the FUD makers really do a great job

Is this a form of sarcasm or a severe case of wishful thinking?

m8, It has been 5 hours since we hit $538. Since then, we have had around 2000 BTC worth of volume on Stamp and Bitcoin has risen $25 from the low. By way of comparison, when Bitcoin hit $340, within 4 hours, Bitcoin had hit $410, a $70 increase, with some 16K worth of trading volume on Stamp.

Things are not looking so rosy here.

I don't think ghash would actually launch a 51% attack on the network. Just because they have  51% of the hashrate does not mean they are double spending or preventing other pools from finding pools.

I don't understand any of this technical Bitcoin stuff. But if it is known that one single entity really has the power to start defrauding the Bitcoin system, and that everyone is relying on that entity exercising the moral rectitude not to abuse this power, then Bitcoin is finished.

Arghhh

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:56:06 PM

A 51% attack in my book is when a single entity achieves 51% of the network's security.
This isn't even about malicious intention, this is about the vulnerability of the protocol itself.

But then again it is about malicious intention... repeat after me:

GHash.io has already double-spent
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 10:39:35 PM

A 51% attack in my book is when a single entity achieves 51% of the network's security.
This isn't even about malicious intention, this is about the vulnerability of the protocol itself.

But then again it is about malicious intention... repeat after me:

It wasn't Ghash.io themselves who did the double-spend attack, at least the information there doesn't proof it. Also they had less than 30% of the network when this happened, and one of the core developers on Bitcoin also stated in that thread that you don't even need any hashing power at all to pull this off. So this is not something that can be prevented even if everyone mined only on p2pool.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:17:34 PM

$537 wont hold. Market  price will go up by 10% hold for a while go up by 20% ish and go back to $600s like it did the other day and towards $700s. Now market is currently going as predicted a few days ago elsewhere with market being around high $500 area and will fall into the 400s by Monday or Tuesday next week if not sooner. Prices will then go back up to recover and then eventually go on the down hill and many people are voting for the market to go down while the Gov sells the silk road coins off at auction. Panic sellers will panic sell n have some nice spikes to take advantage of. People  can hold do what they want but more are seeming to move to another alt until they have passed auction and sold so expect some low 300s 200s and maybe 100s or lower over the up coming months. If people are panic selling at least hold half your stock or 80% and sell a small amount off dot go hectic over it

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:23:40 PM

Low 300s because the gov is selling some coins?  Where do you guys come up with this stuff?
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:34:49 PM

$537 wont hold. Market  price will go up by 10% hold for a while go up by 20% ish and go back to $600s like it did the other day and towards $700s. Now market is currently going as predicted a few days ago elsewhere with market being around high $500 area and will fall into the 400s by Monday or Tuesday next week if not sooner. Prices will then go back up to recover and then eventually go on the down hill and many people are voting for the market to go down while the Gov sells the silk road coins off at auction. Panic sellers will panic sell n have some nice spikes to take advantage of. People  can hold do what they want but more are seeming to move to another alt until they have passed auction and sold so expect some low 300s 200s and maybe 100s or lower over the up coming months. If people are panic selling at least hold half your stock or 80% and sell a small amount off dot go hectic over it

Roll Eyes
Gianluca95
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1196

Reputation first.

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:44:15 PM

Low 300s because the gov is selling some coins?  Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

No, that's impossible, if you tell this, you tell that Market cap will be: 3.6 billion, and now we're on 7.6 billion.

So, try to understanding meaning of this.

I think that 500-600$ is the best price now, with this news.

█████████████████████████████
███▀█████████████████████▀███
███  ▀▀███████████████▀▀  ███
███     ████▀▀ ▀▀████     ███
███     ██▀       ▀██     ███
███     ██         ██     ███
███     ██▄       ▄██     ███
███     ████▄▄ ▄▄████     ███
███  ▄▄███████████████▄▄  ███
███▄█████████████████████▄███
.Mixin Safe.

▄███████▄     
██▀   ▀██
             ▄███████▄
██▄   ▄██             ██▀   ▀██
▀███████▀             ██▄   ▄██
   ███     ▄███████▄  ▀███████▀
   ███▀▀   ██▀   ▀██     ███
   █████   ██▄   ▄██     ███▀▀
   ▀▀▀     ▀███████▀     █████
              ███        ▀▀▀
              ███▀▀
              █████
              ▀▀▀
2/3 Multisig Decentralized
Bitcoin Custody Solutions
💎
💪
🔓
CONFIDENT
RELIABLE
RECOVERABLE
..GET STARTED..
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:19:22 AM

Agreed on the relevance of holding price of ~530. Ideally: not even breaking it, less optimal, but perhaps okay: breaking through, but immediate rejection and daily close above.

Mentioned it before, in another discussion of ours, but I don't think much of the trendline you base the price target on. That trend feels forced to me. But we arrive at similar conclusions based on different methods (mine is fib levels and BB), so who cares.

The following is now what I consider the 'best case scenario that still has hope to play out', essentially a replay of the April/May situation, only $80 moved upwards. It's a sketch of course. Add more wiggles and small swings in between as you see fit.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:35:02 AM

i am still bullish (not to the moon bullish), but think we are near the local bottom. i still think we may retest the $538 low, and could go as low as the $520 area and still retain the trend. (i think in such a case, we will bounce right back above the pierced trend line, perhaps with a hammer doji)
Arghhh

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:43:21 AM

If the 51% breach is handled convincingly and does no significant damage, then IMO we still are headed for a bubble in the near-future with this wildcard: Bitlicense

http://www.businessinsider.com/new-york-taking-bitcoin-exchange-applications-2014-3

"Lawsky also said the state will issue a final regulatory framework for digital currency businesses no later than Q2 of 2014."

Q2 2014 = June 30th, 2014
BenjaminBarnes

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:53:37 AM

Long time reader first time poster.

MatTheCat - I have read your posts and enjoyed them for some time.

However, this:

The bottom of the market! What a fucking Jew of a thing to happen, eh wot?

is really hateful language. I am Jewish and a btc trader just like anyone else. If what I read is true and you are from Germany, then I regret that you have not moved passed this type of thing and I can only hope that you are not representing modern German culture with your blatant anti-Semitic language. In all other respects you seem cool... maybe you can shake it off and we can move forward. I would hate to think that your true feelings mirror your language.
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:24:23 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 01:45:30 AM by MatTheCat

However, this:

is really hateful language. I am Jewish and a btc trader just like anyone else. If what I read is true and you are from Germany, then I regret that you have not moved passed this type of thing and I can only hope that you are not representing modern German culture with your blatant anti-Semitic language. In all other respects you seem cool... maybe you can shake it off and we can move forward. I would hate to think that your true feelings mirror your language.

I am not from Germany and I don't live in Germany. I am Scottish, and I live in Scotland. I am not sure why I used that particular profanity. Maybe cos I was arguing with a German whose culture has trained him to be almost as offended by using the word 'Jew' in a negative light as much as the Anti-Defamation League would be themselves?

But perhaps you do have a point, and I am genuinely not interested in trying to cast negative lights over any individual(s) based on their cultural or ethnic background.

In future, when I feel that I have somehow been bamboozled, swindled, or ripped off, I shall instead say:

"Argghhhh....what a Yew of a thing to happen!"

or when discussing Geo-politics:
"Everyone knows that the Yews have gotten control of America"
and
"It woz the Yews wot did 9/11!"

btw...my favourite comedian is a Yew. A Scottish Yew. Jerry Sadowitz! If my favourite comedian is a Yew, then I can't be racist against the Yews, right!?

Undecided

BenjaminBarnes

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:57:04 AM

Apologies for misunderstanding re: German origin. What is the benefit of having a German bank account when you live in Scotland? A bit off topic.
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:00:53 AM

Apologies for misunderstanding re: German origin. What is the benefit of having a German bank account when you live in Scotland? A bit off topic.

I opened it simply as a means of cheaply getting money onto Bitstamp. I can transfer GBP cheaply to my German bank account for very little cost, and then from my German account to Bitstamp for free. Transfering GBP directly to Bitstamp, costs me around 4% due to hidden fees. Phuckin intolerable.

Now that I have foreign bank account, I can see plenty other advantages of having it as well. Travelling across the Eurozone, getting payments that are kept outwith HMRCs sight, and also a means of shifting wealth around should any further financial unpleasantness transpire. I think the one country whose financial system will remain solid no matter what is Germany. Thus a German bank account might prove to be a prudent place to keep my worthless fiat in going forward......or it might not, in which case I could empty out anything I might have there back into my UK account.

BenjaminBarnes

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:40:09 AM

Cool. Did you go there to open it or did you just make an international phone call or website visit?

Best,

BB
Wolf Rainer
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:32:15 AM

What it´s going on now?
seleme
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028

Duelbits.com

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 07:49:53 AM

There is always some drama in Bitcoin land. I really wouldn't exclude anything at least until we see this first FBI coin auction. I wouldn't be shocked to see price being pushed down more so big boys could get those coins cheaper.

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
.Duelbits.
..THE MOST REWARDING CASINO......
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
███████████████████████   ▄██▄
██     ██     ██     ██   ▀██▀
██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██    ██
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
██     ██     ██     ████  ██
█████████████████████████  ██
████████████████████████████▀
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████▌
       +4,000      
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
   $500,000  
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
      $10,000     
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:45:38 AM

However, this:

I am not from Germany and I don't live in Germany. I am Scottish, and I live in Scotland. I am not sure why I used that particular profanity. Maybe cos I was arguing with a German whose culture has trained him to be almost as offended by using the word 'Jew' in a negative light as much as the Anti-Defamation League would be themselves?

But perhaps you do have a point, and I am genuinely not interested in trying to cast negative lights over any individual(s) based on their cultural or ethnic background.

In future, when I feel that I have somehow been bamboozled, swindled, or ripped off, I shall instead say:

"Argghhhh....what a Yew of a thing to happen!"

or when discussing Geo-politics:
"Everyone knows that the Yews have gotten control of America"
and
"It woz the Yews wot did 9/11!"

btw...my favourite comedian is a Yew. A Scottish Yew. Jerry Sadowitz! If my favourite comedian is a Yew, then I can't be racist against the Yews, right!?

Undecided

Yeah Mat, don't do that.

Just say gypped, completely inoffensive. I have that on good authority from a spic.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 09:02:56 AM

According to this we must be heading to 2.5K at the end of summer. However, why it started falling again ?

Cryptostats.es
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:25:21 AM

According to this we must be heading to 2.5K at the end of summer. However, why it started falling again ?

More than likely people panic selling right now who are new to Bitcoin. It will go down before going back up currently and a lot of people are moving into alt coins as many feel safer their right now.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:38:50 AM

I think OP's trendline (the one we're all following lately) sucks to begin because it's drawn based on one part of it touching on a giant wick of a candle (SR october crash), which skews it greatly. Given this detail, the action where we are currently trading right on top of this trendline is very weak.
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:40:33 PM

I think OP's trendline (the one we're all following lately) sucks to begin because it's drawn based on one part of it touching on a giant wick of a candle (SR october crash), which skews it greatly. Given this detail, the action where we are currently trading right on top of this trendline is very weak.

The tangent points on daily chart are:

4 days bottoms in Jan 2013
1 day in Oct 2013 (yep, the SR crash overshoots the trendline by a whopping $2)
1 day in April 2014 ($340 crash)
2 days in May 2014 (trendline test / fake out)
1 day in June 2014 ($538 bottom yesterday)

That is five seperate distinct periods when this trendline was tested, including one freak event, that many Bitcoin holders believed entailed a Bitcoin armageddon. I would suggest that this trendline is

a. Valid
b. Very significant

I agree that the action since the $538 bottom is woefully weak and indeed suggests that $538 wasn't the bottom. Should there be any further strong selling pressure over the next few days then Bitcoin will crash right through that 'trendline' at which point we will see first hand how important that trendline is or isn't.

Wolf Rainer
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:53:54 PM

We are still too vulnerables to the manipulation and i think it will allway be like that.
Mythul

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:51:11 PM

So far it has resisted, the coming weeks will be decisive.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: