Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:54:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Instruction]Detailed manual for Dragon 1T Miner  (Read 6111 times)
zyhsu815 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Being trusted is the most precious wealth.

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 07:13:56 PM

Dragon 1T ASIC Bitcoin Miner
The Instruction of Installation
[/b]

Part 1. Preparation:
Before connecting and operating the miner,some preparations are necessary:
Preparation 1. Preparing one power socket,voltage 100-240V AC, 5-8A, power 1200W,and the most important is preparing one plug transfer device or one desktop computer power cable with right plug.The power cable plug you get from the package is Chinese Plug.
Preparation 2. Preparing one Router,and one laptop or desktop computer connecting to that Router by wireless wifi or cable.And leave an empty socket in Router for your miner.The router gateway IP should be 192.168.1.1,which is very important.(If router gateway is 192.168.0.1,please change router gateway IP into 192.168.1.1)
Preparation 3. Applying one or several login accounts from Mining POOL website,such as https://www.btcguild.com; and strongly suggest you prepare 3-5 login account,in case of any damage or disconnected with MINING POOL. Remember,record the POOL ADD,as well as connecting port number.

Part 2. Installation Instruction:
Step 1: Open the package and you will find three items in the box.
  1) Dragon 1T ASIC bitcoin miner*1pcs
  2) Chinese standard Power cables (110-240V)*1pcs;
  3) Network cable*1pcs;

Step 2: Connect the power cables to the power supply (if the plug is not suitable for your country,please connect via a transfer device) and connect the network cables to the router.

Step 3: Turn on the power switch on the miner to get the miner work. Meanwhile, turn on your laptop or desktop.
Step 4: On your laptop, open browser, visit the miner controller through its ip address(the default ip address of miner is 192.168.1.10 , if there is a tag with number X(28 in the above picture)on the miner ,the default ip address would be 192.168.1.X(28 in this case) .
Note: because the third number of default ip address is 1, you should make sure that the third number of the ip address of your router is 1. If it is 0,please set it into 1.Otherwise, you will not be able to open the controller.
Step 5: Type the ip address of miner into the browser, you will open the controller like the following picture.

Step 6: Change the default ip address of miner.
If you want to change the ip address of the miner, change the first row of controller(make sure it is correctly filled) and click the tag “Set Network”,then wait at least two minutes, the system will reboot and change the ip address to the new one you set.
If you cannot get access to the new address after that, take the miner offline by close its power and wait at least another two minutes to let the miner completely closed. The ip address will change to the new address you set after re-open.
Note: Do not skip the wait time here, if you close and re-open the miner too fast, it is possible to mess the net work configuration and you will not be able to get access to the controller and you need re-write the sd card in rhpery pi to set it to default.  
Step 7: Change the mine pool and mine account
Filled the first text box of second row with the address of the first pool, the second text box with your account and the third text box with any number as password(123 or 1234,ect).
Filled the second row with the information of the second pool just like the first row.
Note: if you want to leave the second and third pool blank, make sure the “/” was kept.
Step 8:if all configuration is correctly setted and the miner is re-opened, the green lamp of the miner should blink continuously.
Step 9: Set “Difficulty” according to different POOL,1024 or 512 or others.Then click the first choice “Start” of the radio button as chosen status, and click the tag with “Confirm”. the miner will start to work and the green lamp of the miner will shine constantly,”Opearting status”value is “Running”.Click “Real-time monitoring” to check the running details as belows:

Step 10. Click the tag “Refresh” to check whether the miner work correctly, if all thing is fine, you should see a window like this:

Congratulations! You made the miner worked. If you cannot get the miner working,please double check your router or set your router or IP address.

Note: if the power was interrupted and re-connected, the miner would not be able to start automatically, you need to get it online manually.

Step 11. Log in your first POOL to monitor the miners working status.All are correct,if your miner works like this:

There must be something wrong if you get the status like this as belows,please check your network status.

That is all for the installation instruction for your miner.Any questions or any doubt,contact our team right now.

Problem Shooting:

most of the problem are caused by the loose of the connection cable during the shipment and i will describe some typical case and the resolution method

1) the miner does not work after connecting the power cable, the green light in the blade does blink
This problem is caused by the loose even disconnected of power cable between psu--power circuit board--blade, you need to check whether every cable are rightly plugged in.

2) one or two blade can not work after opening the miner, so the hash rate can not achieve 1T

this is also a problem caused by loose cable, the power supply between circuit board--blade loose and you need check whether the cables are rightly plugged in

3) The lcd screen become red and white as soon as the power switch are opened.

first, you need to check whether the fans start when power on. if it does not start, it is possible that the power cable of the fans loose, open the box and re-plug the cable will resolve the problem

second if all of the fans start rightly, but the lcd screen still become red and white as soon as the power cable is connected, you need to check whether you still can visit the controller and get the miner, if it is true, then the problem caused by the wrong position of temperature sensor, you can ignore it and just let the miner work

4) the back up img file
backup image of the SD card from one of my dragon 1TH/s miner (4 blade version) you can download from link below.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92967009/dragon_image.7z  (7.9Gb image compressed to 570Mb)
after uncompressed it can be restored/written to 8GB sd card with Win32DiskImager downloaded from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
 to the 4 blade english ISO.  When unzipped willl be a little under 8 gig.  It's ip is http://192.168.1.134/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=631679.0
BTC:1AYnG3CcfYonqdhpUQKeLCrBPENWFVGhm9

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bilabonic

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:44:16 AM

Where is the image for mine with ver2.0 MB without LCD Huh

Thanks.

BTC - 1Ayax24aAU8c1xwAakK94DVDkm4kbfZ8Ch
zyhsu815 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 08:53:54 AM

Where is the image for mine with ver2.0 MB without LCD Huh

Thanks.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92967009/dragon_image.7z

bilabonic

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:58:29 AM

Thanks

Can you also CONFIRM that when i swap the ip address of miner to 192.168.0.XXX that it will work on a Virgin Super hub that is is 192.168.0.1.

Thanks

zyhsu815 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 10:28:47 PM

Thanks

Can you also CONFIRM that when i swap the ip address of miner to 192.168.0.XXX that it will work on a Virgin Super hub that is is 192.168.0.1.

Thanks

Yes,it can work.
I tracked PCb package,ups took it away yesterday,it late one day,please note it.because on Monday lketc delivery guy absence,ups didn't find it.

jimrome

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:10:20 PM

Thanks

Thanks

Yes,it can work.
I tracked PCb package,ups took it away yesterday,it late one day,please note it.because on Monday lketc delivery guy absence,ups didn't find it.

You 'tracked PCb package'? What do you mean by this?
cech4204a

Activity: 252

12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 12:07:11 AM

Very helpfull topic, we need more guys like you to share manuals and other instructions. There should be sticky guides organised for every manual.

Bitcoin is DEAD
zyhsu815 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 12:14:14 AM

Thanks

Thanks

Yes,it can work.

You 'tracked PCb package'? What do you mean by this?

Yes,it is PCb board ,please update me if you make it work when you get them.

zyhsu815 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 12:15:13 AM

Very helpfull topic, we need more guys like you to share manuals and other instructions. There should be sticky guides organised for every manual.
It is for newbie,most of guys here can handle everything without this.

bilabonic

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:00:15 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 02:31:08 PM by bilabonic

Also is the ip address the same - 192.168.1.134 ?

ALSO, little info guys i purchased one of the 8G Kingston card and the image will not fit on it !!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321445958468

The image is 7.4Gb but the card is only 7.26Gb.

BUT in properties the image is 7,948,206 and card is 7,801,405.

Anyone recommend a card that WILL fit this image ?

Cheers

Easy2Mine

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

einc.io

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:33:27 AM

This is an image of the latest firmware of the Dragon miner with Chinese, English and Russian languages.
The IP is 192.168.1.101
The username of the password protected page is admin and the password is empty, you can change that when you login to the Raspberry.
SSH login into the Raspberry with pi as username and raspberry as password.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/14a66jqudfjkulw/Dragon_192_168_1_101.7z

I have change all the LKETC logo with my own logo.

bilabonic

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:48:26 PM

HELP PLEASE - HELP - How do i get a Dragon miners running on Virgin Superhub ??

Hi All

The Dragon miners state it needs a network of 19.168.0.1

So i set the miners address to 192.168.0.90 on my network (192.168.1.1)

It detected it fine when i put the IP address in heut would not connect to a pool/show speed......

I then changed subnet or gateway which was 255.255.255.254 to 255.255.255.255 and now i can not detect it at all Huh

Although it detects it in Angry IP Scanner HuhHuh

Anyone help ?

Cheers

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:57:49 PM

HELP PLEASE - HELP - How do i get a Dragon miners running on Virgin Superhub ??

Hi All

The Dragon miners state it needs a network of 19.168.0.1

So i set the miners address to 192.168.0.90 on my network (192.168.1.1)

It detected it fine when i put the IP address in heut would not connect to a pool/show speed......

I then changed subnet or gateway which was 255.255.255.254 to 255.255.255.255 and now i can not detect it at all Huh

Although it detects it in Angry IP Scanner HuhHuh

Anyone help ?

Cheers

In order for the Dragon to communicate on your network it has to be set to the same ranges as your existing network.

However in order to connect to it initially you have to set the computer you are using to configure the Dragon to the same network as the Dragon.

Once you are connected to the DRagon, you need to set the network settings in the Dragon to a unique IP address (make a note of it) in the same range as your existing network, same subnet and same gateway.

Then save the settings, configure your computer back to the settings it had before you started and then you should be able to connect to the new IP address that you set on the dragon.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Easy2Mine

einc.io

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:47:01 AM

I have never compile binary code in my life before.
Can someone point me in the right direction and what software is used.

The Dragons use CGMiner 3.9.0
I want to compile newer version of CGMiner to work with Dragons.
What kind of program is used to decompile the binary code?
And what kind of program is used to compile binary code?

I already know how the different versions of the Dragon image works and where the hidden files and hidden folders are.
I have not seen the Dragons mining and sending encrypted packages back to a Chinese IP address.
It is not possible to overclock the Dragons, because they are already overcloked to the maximum using lesser chip quantity.
However it is possible to underclock the Dragons to be more power efficient.

I want to use a newer version of CGMiner to see if it hash better than version 3.9.0
I will upload an image with underclocked config and if I can learn how to compile newer version of CGMiner to work with Dragons I will also upload
this.

Thank you for your time

Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:43:28 PM

I have never compile binary code in my life before.
Can someone point me in the right direction and what software is used.

The Dragons use CGMiner 3.9.0
I want to compile newer version of CGMiner to work with Dragons.
What kind of program is used to decompile the binary code?
And what kind of program is used to compile binary code?

I already know how the different versions of the Dragon image works and where the hidden files and hidden folders are.
I have not seen the Dragons mining and sending encrypted packages back to a Chinese IP address.
It is not possible to overclock the Dragons, because they are already overcloked to the maximum using lesser chip quantity.
However it is possible to underclock the Dragons to be more power efficient.

I want to use a newer version of CGMiner to see if it hash better than version 3.9.0
I will upload an image with underclocked config and if I can learn how to compile newer version of CGMiner to work with Dragons I will also upload
this.

Thank you for your time

They are never going to let you do that.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Easy2Mine

einc.io

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:29:49 PM

I already made a new Dragon image that boots faster and react faster and replace their logo with mine own logo.
I already made a new image with lower hashrate, but with better power consumption.
After 2 months, dragons are not power efficient anymore using the factory settings.
I am asking the community about stuff how to compile and how to decompile cgminer.
Don't worry, I can learn things fast, I have to, otherwise I can't earn more Btc out of the Dragons.

Since you have nothing to add, why bother?

Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:49:59 PM

I already made a new Dragon image that boots faster and react faster and replace their logo with mine own logo.
I already made a new image with lower hashrate, but with better power consumption.
After 2 months, dragons are not power efficient anymore using the factory settings.
I am asking the community about stuff how to compile and how to decompile cgminer.
Don't worry, I can learn things fast, I have to, otherwise I can't earn more Btc out of the Dragons.

Since you have nothing to add, why bother?

Because I did ave something to add Smiley they won't even let Con have access to their modifications to hi source code, and that's illegal in most countries.

Plus with the stats I see from the dragons the reject rate and hw errors are pretty low for an ASIC, other than underclocking (which you said you can already do) I don't see how you will make them more efficient with a new version of cgminer.

Easy2Mine

einc.io

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:52:09 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 03:57:18 AM by Easy2Mine

Download the image I have post a few post back at this thread.
If you have more than 1 Dragon, flash 1 Dragon with my image and then reboot at the same time a Dragon with factory image and see wich one already finished copying and start to mine and the other is still copying the original files back to their directory.
LKETC made a lot hidden files and hidden directories to protect their logo, it replace every time you reboot the original files.
I have to learn linux to replace their password and find out where all the hidden files are located.

I can now replace every hidden files with my own.
This thread is about overclocking, but you can also underclock the Dragon using this thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552946.0

The reason that you have to repeat these steps is, the OP didn't know where the hidden files are located at the time of posting.
After every reboot, the Dragon start with the config in the hidden folder.
I replace the config in the hidden files with a file what I have learn in this thread.
I am pretty sure CK can reverse engineer all the shit from Innosilicon if LKETC didn't spend so much effort in hide and seek.
CK don't have time for that.
With every version of CGminer, CK do a terrific good job in improving his master work.

All I want to know is, how much improvement there will be with the latest version of CGMiner on the Dragons compare with version 3.9.0
Since you don't know nothing about compiling and decompiling and can't point me to the right direction, I have to use Google again.

Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 03:08:31 PM

Download the image I have post a few post back at this thread.
If you have more than 1 Dragon, flash 1 Dragon with my image and then reboot at the same time a Dragon with factory image and see wich one already finished copying and start to mine and the other is still copying the original files back to their directory.
LKETC made a lot hidden files and hidden directories to protect their logo, it replace every time you reboot the original files.
I have to learn linux to replace their password and find out where all the hidden files are located.

I can now replace every hidden files with my own.
This thread is about overclocking, but you can also underclock the Dragon using this thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=post;topic=652312.0;num_replies=16

The reason that you have to repeat these steps is, the OP didn't know where the hidden files are located at the time of posting.
After every reboot, the Dragon start with the config in the hidden folder.
I replace the config in the hidden files with a file what I have learn in this thread.
I am pretty sure CK can reverse engineer all the shit from Innosilicon if LKETC didn't spend so much effort in hide and seek.
CK don't have time for that.
With every version of CGminer, CK do a terrific good job in improving his master work.

All I want to know is, how much improvement there will be with the latest version of CGMiner on the Dragons compare with version 3.9.0
Since you don't know nothing about compiling and decompiling and can't point me to the right direction, I have to use Google again.

Despite your lovely bedside manners, have you tried the cgminer thread? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.15440

Doing a search there for A1 shows that ckolivas and kano have not done any work on the Innosilicon A1 driver and its all proprietary stuff, and they have never been approached by the manufacturers either for permission or help with building drivers.

Good luck with your decompiling efforts I hope you manage to make a better version for the Dragons.

Easy2Mine

einc.io

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 03:18:18 PM

Reading is an art.
Learn to read first.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: