Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:52:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IRS claims it has LOST two years' worth of emails from former official Lerner  (Read 22654 times)
sana8410

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:55:42 AM

I suspect the super snoopy facility in Utah probably has everything.

You know, many years ago, when I was 19, the IRS sent me a rather large refund check that actually belonged to someone else... someone else who shares the same name as I.

This was long before I developed my current, bitter loathing of Unka sam and his minions.  I took the refund check down to the local irs goon squad lair, waited in line a long, long time and finally found myself face to face with a irs demon.

I said, "Hi!  I got this refund check yesterday but it's not mine.  I filed my return months ago and have already received my refund.  I think it belongs to someone else with my name."

Demon replied that it was unlikely that the check did not belong to me.  I repeated my story.  Eventually, demon took the check and said, "It's a good thing you didn't keep it.  We would have figured it out eventually and you would have been in big trouble."
This is just another reason why we need the fair tax to eliminate the IRS and the concept that the government has a right to take as much of your income as they want. The fair tax removes their power and the ability for them to abuse it. But it removes the power of congress to pick your pocket which is another good reason for the fair tax.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:55:52 AM

We need merely wait to hear which Criminal Operatives go to long, LONG, Federal Prison terms...

...OR...

We know the current Insider Republicans are complicit in these Felony, Federal Crimes...

and write all of them off as Enemies of Americans! This is a now defined, Rogue, Anti-American, Agency, we MUST eliminate or be crushed under its weight. The IRS will survive, "OR" the USA will survive...

EITHER one we prefer.

noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:00:31 AM

What happened to all those execs at ENRON who "lost" emails which they knew incriminated them?

aren't they still in jail?

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:02:14 PM

Hopefully our Conservative American Patriots will match and even surpass the disgusting Collectivist Liberals dirty tricks!

We are at war with this internal Liberal Enemy. Anyone who believes otherwise is doomed to be easily defeated.

History may show in the future that it was Obama who destroyed his own Administration by tolerating the death by a thousand crimes and corruption within it. Thankfully, the Liberals have now lost all credibility with the American voters according to the latest polls.

Managed correctly, our Congressional Tea Party Patriots may be capable of shutting down any of their added Economy destruction.

Actually, it is necessary for the fraction of the Liberals, which is honest and sincere, to team up with the fraction of the Conservatives that share those attributes.  This is an overwhelming majority, but many forces will work against it, and attempt to splinter it into warring factions.

InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:45:37 AM

What happened to all those execs at ENRON who "lost" emails which they knew incriminated them?

aren't they still in jail?
there was very clear evidence that people were destroying documents in the case of Enron. The GOP in congress is trying to find this evidence while the obama administration is trying to prevent them from looking
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:18:20 AM

Maybe the emails were in the same hard drive as those missing ones from the "phony" Solyndra scandal.

You know what, that's probably right.  Let's host all these phony scandals and their associated emails on one drive, and it will overheat due to GOP promoting phony scandals... head crash in 3 2 1
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:06:49 PM

MF Global losing billions and NO ONE was jailed for this.
http://fortune.com/2013/11/15/how-mf-globals-missing-1-5-billion-was-lost-and-found/

Former DEMOCRAT New Jersey governor Jon Corzine
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/02/former_gov_jon_corzine_was_amo.html
http://americanthinker.com/blog/2012/04/jon_corzine_still_bundling_cash_for_obama.html

While you read those articles, don't forget you may go to jail and lose everything if you can't get that lonely receipt the IRS is asking you to provide, asking to justify your bitcoins, but for them to go to jail? Never.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:20:24 PM

Former IRS Attorney Donated $12,831 to Democrats

Former IRS attorney Jennifer O’Connor, who now works in the White House Counsel’s office, donated a total of $12,831 to Democrat candidates and parties between 2008 and 2012, which included donations to the Barack Obama campaign and to the Hillary Clinton campaign, according to records from OpenSecrets.gov.

O’Connor made headlines when she evaded questions about the IRS-Tea Party scandal at a House Oversight and Government Reform Committee hearing on Tuesday, June 24.

Oversight Chairman Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) subpoenaed O’Connor to testify after the White House initially declined to make her available on a voluntary basis.

According to testimony from the IRS chief counsel Neil Eggleston, O’Connor was hired by the IRS for the sole purpose of overseeing the agency’s response to congressional investigations of the IRS targeting scandal.

O’Connor, who now works in the White House Counsel Office, was an IRS attorney, a former Clinton administration aide, and a former attorney at WilmerHale, a prominent legal firm with offices worldwide. While at WilmerHale, O’Connor donated $12,831 to Democrat candidates and parties, according to Open Secrets records.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/former-irs-attorney-donated-12831-democrats

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Not Even A Smidgen Of Corruption..."

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:00:38 PM

It just keeps getting better and better------------  IRS Chief Admits: WH Wrong that Scandal Was Just 'Rogue Agents'
sana8410

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:02:55 PM

It just keeps getting better and better------------  IRS Chief Admits: WH Wrong that Scandal Was Just 'Rogue Agents'
How can that be when the IG reported it was just a couple rogue agents from cinci and obama stated clearly it was a couple of boneheads from cinci? Would an obama IG lie? Would obama lie? And why didn't this guy simply speak the leftwing truth and declare there was no targeting because both conservative and liberal groups were all subjected to the exact same scrutiny?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:05:12 PM

Smug, arrogant, Dem a$$hole...fun to see that smug grin wiped off his face last night.  Wonder if he's willing to go to jail to protect Barack Hussein Obama?

Trey Gowdy’s Not Having It: IRS Head Gets Cute About ‘Lost’ Emails & Has the Grin Wiped Off His Face   

During a rare Monday night hearing, House Republicans hammered embattled IRS commissioner John Koskinen over the “lost” Lois Lerner emails and over his continued insistence that there was no criminal wrongdoing in their coincidental disappearance.

While, as to be expected, Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) repeatedly challenged Koskinen, for instance, when he demanded that he cite a particular statute or statutes (law, viz.) on which to base his claim that no criminal wrongdoing occurred. When the commissioner replied, “you can rely on common sense,” Gowdy went off:

“Common sense? Instead of a criminal code, you wanna rely on common sense? You can shake your head all you want to commissioner; you have said today that there’s no evidence of criminal wrongdoing and I’m asking you what criminal statutes you have reviewed to reach that conclusion?”

Koskinen finally conceded: “I have reviewed no criminal statutes.”

Ironically, the commissioner also insisted that outdated technology was to blame and that it would cost the IRS $10-30 million to update its systems.

In response, Rep. Scott DesJarlais (R-TN) reminded Koskinen that the IRS paid $89 million in bonuses last year, including $1 million to employees who owed back taxes. Not a good day for the defiant commissioner of the IRS.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/06/150307-trey-gowdy-republicans-absolutely-obliterate-irs-commissioner-lost-lerner-emails/
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:10:09 PM

I understand they found the emails but were upset to find out they accidentally used black highlighter on the important parts.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sana8410

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:27:23 PM

Smug, arrogant, Dem a$$hole...fun to see that smug grin wiped off his face last night.  Wonder if he's willing to go to jail to protect Barack Hussein Obama?

Trey Gowdy’s Not Having It: IRS Head Gets Cute About ‘Lost’ Emails & Has the Grin Wiped Off His Face   

During a rare Monday night hearing, House Republicans hammered embattled IRS commissioner John Koskinen over the “lost” Lois Lerner emails and over his continued insistence that there was no criminal wrongdoing in their coincidental disappearance.

While, as to be expected, Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) repeatedly challenged Koskinen, for instance, when he demanded that he cite a particular statute or statutes (law, viz.) on which to base his claim that no criminal wrongdoing occurred. When the commissioner replied, “you can rely on common sense,” Gowdy went off:

“Common sense? Instead of a criminal code, you wanna rely on common sense? You can shake your head all you want to commissioner; you have said today that there’s no evidence of criminal wrongdoing and I’m asking you what criminal statutes you have reviewed to reach that conclusion?”

Ironically, the commissioner also insisted that outdated technology was to blame and that it would cost the IRS $10-30 million to update its systems.

In response, Rep. Scott DesJarlais (R-TN) reminded Koskinen that the IRS paid $89 million in bonuses last year, including $1 million to employees who owed back taxes. Not a good day for the defiant commissioner of the IRS.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/06/150307-trey-gowdy-republicans-absolutely-obliterate-irs-commissioner-lost-lerner-emails/
They are all a nest of liars.  IF Lil Lois reported her hard drive crashed two weeks or more before they canceled the backup service----WHY didn't they reclaim that missing data before they canceled the contract.

It's all lies, the IRS needs to be GONE.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:29:26 PM

How can that be when the IG reported it was just a couple rogue agents from cinci and obama stated clearly it was a couple of boneheads from cinci? Would an obama IG lie? Would obama lie? And why didn't this guy simply speak the leftwing truth and declare there was no targeting because both conservative and liberal groups were all subjected to the exact same scrutiny?
Not to rain on your ignorance parade, but the current IG is a Bush appointee. You seem to have it in your head that ever single official in the government is appointed every time the White House changes hands. It doesn't. Obama retained quite a few Bush appointees, probably the most well known being Robert Gates, but not remotely the only one. The IG - who is still in office - is another.

Another interesting irony - do you know when Ms Lerner was appointed to lead the division of the IRS scrutinizing tax exempt status applications? In 2006. Yup - Lois Lerner was a Bush era appointee too. I don't know what the hell is going on with her email situation. I suppose it's possible that she may well be telling the truth about the hard drive crash that lost those old emails - if that's the case, it was certainly bad luck for her. Because it certainly looks suspicious. Add to that her having invoked 5th amendment protection, and things smell really bad around her. In our system of justice, a 5th amendment plea is not supposed to be interpreted as an admission of guilt - but human nature being what it is, it's sure hard not to look at this and be seriously suspicious of her.It's ironic, however, that most of the officials involved in these scandals (like this one and fast and furious) were in their jobs long before Obama was even elected, and somehow the right think it appropriate to hang the President for their actions.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sana8410

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:38:08 PM

I think it is interesting that the emails we do have show that the DOJ was in contact with Lerner trying to figure out a way to criminally prosecute these cases.  Nobody on the left seems to want to speak to that.  And if the White House didn't want to cast further suspicion the president really shouldn't have gotten on tv and declared that there wasn't a smidgen of corruption.

These may have been Bush appointees but that apparently has no bearing on whose water they were carrying.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:43:38 PM

I think it is interesting that the emails we do have show that the DOJ was in contact with Lerner trying to figure out a way to criminally prosecute these cases.  Nobody on the left seems to want to speak to that.  And if the White House didn't want to cast further suspicion the president really shouldn't have gotten on tv and declared that there wasn't a smidgen of corruption.

These may have been Bush appointees but that apparently has no bearing on whose water they were carrying.
I am curious...if a group had illegally claimed tex exempt status would not that be a matter for Justice to pursue?

sana8410

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:48:58 PM

I am curious...if a group had illegally claimed tex exempt status would not that be a matter for Justice to pursue?
Problem was, that it wasn't illegal.  See here
This was not a lapse in judgment or a series of unfortunate events. This was an organized campaign to use IRS resources — including its ability to launch criminal prosecutions — for political purposes. We know from other Lerner e-mails that have been released that the IRS was, at the suggestion of Rhode Island Democratic senator Sheldon Whitehouse, looking for a way to “piece together” a criminal case against the groups it was targeting. Lerner and lawyers at the Justice Department discussed coordinating with the Federal Election Commission in this crusade. It is worth noting that the “crime” with which Lerner et al. wanted to charge those conservative nonprofits was failing to adequately disclose what political activities they would be engaged in — even though under the law they are explicitly permitted to engage in political activity.
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/380717/lois-lerners-vanishing-e-mails-editors
 here:
Issa argues that the email shows that the DOJ was considering prosecuting these groups for actions that are legal for 501(c)(4) nonprofits under federal tax law – “that is, engaging in political speech.”
http://washingtonexaminer.com/issa-seeks-answers-about-dojs-role-in-irs-targeting/article/2547651
and here :
Lerner later acknowledged pursuing prosecutions of these groups would not fit well with the law.
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/04/16/breaking-new-emails-show-lois-lerner-contacted-doj-about-prosecuting-tax-exempt-groups-n1825292

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:38:56 PM

I suppose it's possible that she may well be telling the truth about the hard drive crash that lost those old emails - if that's the case, it was certainly bad luck for her.

It's absolutely NOT possible, though. I think the point has been hammered into the ground by plenty enough people, including experts in the field, that emails are NOT stored on the hard drive of PC's or laptops. While they can certainly be stored there by the user in the form of a .pst file, emails are always stored on servers. Those servers are backed up on a very regular basis, especially for a place the size of the IRS. I'm surprised people are still buying into that lie about the emails being lost due to her hard drive crashing.

It's ironic, however, that most of the officials involved in these scandals (like this one and fast and furious) were in their jobs long before Obama was even elected, and somehow the right think it appropriate to hang the President for their actions.

Most? Really? And which official involved in Fast and Furious was appointed by Bush? It certainly isn't the head hancho himself, Eric Holder. He was appointed by Joe Biden in 2009.
And the Right doesn't think it approprite to "hang" the President for his action. The Right thinks it appropriate to hold him accountable for what happens on his watch. The same thing the Left was doing to Bush. The fact is that the President is ultimately responsible for what happens on his watch. Remember what Truman (surprisingly enough, a Democrat) said? "The buck stops here."

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:59:50 PM

Lois Lerner's past.. She's been a weasel for a long time...

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2427043813001/lois-lerners-past-exposed/#sp=show-clips

CHICAGO - Former GOP U.S. Senate candidate Al Salvi's (photo right) revelation this week that IRS official Lois Lerner offered to drop the Federal Election Commission's (FEC) 1996 case against him if he promised to never run for office again was the proverbial tip of the iceberg.

512x"Before Lois Lerner (photo right) took us before the federal judge, her last offer was for me to promise to never run for office again. That was always part of their demands," Salvi said. "Before that last offer, another FEC representative that reported to Lerner wanted $200,000 and a promise not to run."

Knowing his $1.1 million campaign loan to himself was legal, Salvi rejected the initial settlement offer from FEC attorney Colleen Sealander. In later conversations, Sealander lowered the amount to $100,000, then $40,000, but always with the additional promise to never run for office again.

"Every time we talked, I refused the offer, and Colleen said she'd have to check with someone," Salvi said. "I finally told her I'd like to talk to whomever she reported. That's when I got a call from Lois Lerner."

During that call, Salvi said, he explained to Lerner exactly what happened -- that while the loan to himself was legal, there may be a difference of opinion on how the loan was reported to the FEC. Salvi explained it was a simple matter and said he thought Lerner would suggest an agreeable solution and dismiss the Democratic National Committee's complaint.

But that was not Lerner's reaction. Instead, that's when she said to Salvi, "Promise me you'll never run for office again, and we'll drop the case."

Salvi said he asked Lerner if she would be willing to put the offer into writing.

"We don't do things that way," Salvi said Lerner replied.

Salvi queried how then could such an agreement be enforced.

According to Salvi, Lerner replied: "You'll find out."

Without a settlement, the Salvi case went to federal court. After months and years of briefings, delays and court appearances, federal judge George Lindbergh dismissed the case on its merits. Lindbergh said the FEC's disagreement over filing, when two ways of reporting were acceptable, was groundless. The FEC appealed Lindbergh's decision, but their appeal was thrown back to Lindbergh's decision and the Salvi campaign won. Court documents show that Salvi was never fined or penalized.

Sealander and Lerner made similar offers to Salvi and his legal counsel in the process leading up to the court proceedings. Salvi's brother Mike and his wife Kathy led Salvi's defense against a team of D.C. attorneys, who were flown into Chicago to appear before the judge, Salvi said.

Negotiations with those facing FEC complaints are part of standard procedure, an FEC spokesperson told Illinois Review, but records of those negotiation conversations are not available in court documents.

http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/2013/06/lerner-asked-salvi-for-200000-plus-never-run-again-promise.html

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:56:55 PM

They are all a nest of liars.  IF Lil Lois reported her hard drive crashed two weeks or more before they canceled the backup service----WHY didn't they reclaim that missing data before they canceled the contract.

It's all lies, the IRS needs to be GONE.
I got a little message for Lois.

Lois.  HEEELLLLLOOOO Lois?

That ain't Superman you are looking at way up there.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: