Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:08:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Toss - Flip a coin and win double your entry!  (Read 17063 times)
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2011, 07:26:42 PM

You can't use coins from a generate tx for 120 blocks.

I know but thats not necessary, the coins used to play aren't those which are generated by the found block, they're just some coins. The block is only used to undo the transaction used to send coins to the game owner. This works because the bet will be already played before somebody else can calculate the transaction into the blockchain (at least most of the times).

edit: typos removed

Oh, sorry. That's right I remember now.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lulzplzkthx

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2011, 11:12:49 PM

Sent a tx at 18:32 for 20 bitcents, and won, my tx has 4 confirmations, and I haven't received my 40 bitcents.
Sent a tx at 18:41 for 19 bitcents, and won, my tx has 0 confirmations, and the tx to me for 38 bitcents has 0 confirmations, but is listed.

What happened in the first bet?

Also, I suggest changing the form from a POST to a GET, so that if I accidentally close the tab, I can get back to it with the id saved in my history. (Lost some coins this way earlier.)

EDIT: The first one now has 6 transactions. Still none received.

Alex Beckenham (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2011, 11:47:26 PM

Sent a tx at 18:32 for 20 bitcents, and won, my tx has 4 confirmations, and I haven't received my 40 bitcents.
Sent a tx at 18:41 for 19 bitcents, and won, my tx has 0 confirmations, and the tx to me for 38 bitcents has 0 confirmations, but is listed.

What happened in the first bet?

Also, I suggest changing the form from a POST to a GET, so that if I accidentally close the tab, I can get back to it with the id saved in my history. (Lost some coins this way earlier.)

EDIT: The first one now has 6 transactions. Still none received.

This is the only bet of 20 bitcents in the entire database, which won... and the 40 bitcents went out:
http://blockexplorer.com/tx/6e485d4fef305f7613936da6448f4363692fe0162710d7ad887430ab4ddc2a03#o1

Can you tell me what address you sent the 20 bitcents to?

lulzplzkthx

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2011, 12:00:03 AM

It was either:

12jLuwWWXyv3Ygo6so75iP1PKMHnbP9XfB
-or-
1AuMiqxnEJ7GrWLXsLtGCTbGTRaFTSmgoR

However, if I'm wrong, my apologies.

Alex Beckenham (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 12:56:38 AM

It was either:

-or-

Both of those show in Block Explorer as being for payments of 0.19 btc:

0.19   http://blockexplorer.com/address/12jLuwWWXyv3Ygo6so75iP1PKMHnbP9XfB
0.19   http://blockexplorer.com/address/1AuMiqxnEJ7GrWLXsLtGCTbGTRaFTSmgoR

The first one won 0.38 and it was paid out on schedule:
http://blockexplorer.com/tx/95628ba28ee95cf4bd5dc839c37889ec72f28d0364c4879112bf84f21f5b49fc#o0

lulzplzkthx

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2011, 02:44:03 AM

It was either:

-or-

Both of those show in Block Explorer as being for payments of 0.19 btc:

0.19   http://blockexplorer.com/address/12jLuwWWXyv3Ygo6so75iP1PKMHnbP9XfB
0.19   http://blockexplorer.com/address/1AuMiqxnEJ7GrWLXsLtGCTbGTRaFTSmgoR

The first one won 0.38 and it was paid out on schedule:
http://blockexplorer.com/tx/95628ba28ee95cf4bd5dc839c37889ec72f28d0364c4879112bf84f21f5b49fc#o0

I apologize, must have been transaction fee confusion on my end.

I really enjoy Bitcoin Toss and would vouch for it to anyone, I've had great success.

Alex Beckenham (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 02:47:27 AM

I really enjoy Bitcoin Toss and would vouch for it to anyone, I've had great success.

Thanks, good to hear Smiley

Tyran

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 12:59:59 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2011, 06:09:52 AM by Tyran

This just happened to me. Is there a reason for requiring user input after payment?
Did anyone win with bets over 2 btc yet? So far I lost 100% of those with about 40 tries. After seeing the 5th post in this thread I'm afraid you can't win with anything but low bids, so be careful with this.
Chuck

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 02:18:59 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2011, 03:15:15 AM by Chuck

I did not receive my winnings - I sent coins to 189MjkPqX6N89SUTYvPPT12mbyggGmsPL9 and won, but I did not receive the reward yet. There have been 8 confirmations so far on this transaction...

Edit: Nevermind, I got it, although it took about an hour (and 15 confirmations since I placed the bet).

I had bad luck... 6 games, lost 5... Sad

BTC: 1CKytBzLeA1QcFM33qgi9YWPq1ax3XEJ84
Alex Beckenham (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 03:17:20 AM

I did not receive my winnings - I sent coins to 189MjkPqX6N89SUTYvPPT12mbyggGmsPL9 and won, but I did not receive the reward yet. There have been 8 confirmations so far on this transaction...

Edit: Nevermind, I got it, although it took about an hour (and 15 confirmations since I placed the bet).

It's just that the wallet daemon was playing up... however it automatically goes back and resends any missed ones as soon as bitcoind is restarted.

Might need to upgrade to 0.3.21... don't know yet.

Insuremeplz

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 06:42:23 AM

I ran well and martingaled starting at .1 so I'd have quite a few flips w/out busting a large chunk of money. Ran it up to a few BC's. Very addicting, even though statistically i'll eventually bust my roll.
tosser

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 11:43:45 AM

There's a correlation between wager size and win-chance. Looks like a scam to me.

Rounds: 142
Wins: 62 (max consecutive: 5)
Loss: 80 (max consecutive: 10)
Win-rate: 43.7%
randomguy7

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 02:40:28 PM

I ran well and martingaled starting at .1 so I'd have quite a few flips w/out busting a large chunk of money. Ran it up to a few BC's. Very addicting, even though statistically i'll eventually bust my roll.

Lol be careful with that. This also worked well for me (starting with 0.05) till I started losing every bet. I had luck that my last bet won (though it wasn't high enougth to get all my losses back).
Alex Beckenham (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 06:30:19 PM

i lost 3 times in a row wtf 49% my ass

Wow 3 times! Possible outcomes 0%, 33%, 66%, 100%. Send your complaint to random.org.

lulzplzkthx

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2011, 01:33:59 AM

I've had nothing but GOOD luck with this, wayyy better than Double Trouble.

My one issue however is that recently payments have been taking exceedingly long times to get accepted in a block (like 24 hours.) Anything you can do about this?

~lulz

Alex Beckenham (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 01:37:34 AM

My one issue however is that recently payments have been taking exceedingly long times to get accepted in a block (like 24 hours.) Anything you can do about this?

~lulz

I just posted about some of my own personal transactions taking 5 hours to get confirmed, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear it's happening between that server and other people too.

I found this list, which shows all the transactions that are waiting to be included in a block: http://bitcoincharts.com/bitcoin/

I could set it to pay a 0.01 transaction fee, which would be inevitable at some point in the future anyway.

lulzplzkthx

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2011, 01:39:08 AM

~lulz

I just posted about some of my own personal transactions taking 5 hours to get confirmed, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear it's happening between that server and other people too.

I found this list, which shows all the transactions that are waiting to be included in a block: http://bitcoincharts.com/bitcoin/

I could set it to pay a 0.01 transaction fee, which would be inevitable at some point in the future anyway.

It'd be nice if you had it set to pay the .01 transaction fee. Smiley

Convery

Activity: 966
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 01:44:49 AM

*yey* I won 0.01 BTC on the first try, I'm rich :3

Though, is there any limit to the bid?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
lulzplzkthx

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2011, 01:56:16 AM

One other thing I might suggest, doood, would be reducing the number of confirmations required before payment is sent out. I haven't seen any double spending, and it's becoming less and less viable by the day (it really isn't viable at all anymore,) by the amount of miners. It's just annoying when I win a bunch of bitcoins, want to bet with them, and can't because I'm waiting for my payment.

Thanks,
lulz

Alex Beckenham (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 01:59:56 AM

One other thing I might suggest, doood, would be reducing the number of confirmations required before payment is sent out. I haven't seen any double spending, and it's becoming less and less viable by the day (it really isn't viable at all anymore,) by the amount of miners. It's just annoying when I win a bunch of bitcoins, want to bet with them, and can't because I'm waiting for my payment.

Thanks,
lulz

It only requires 1 confirmation of entry, then the next run of the updater script will send out the payment. The updater script runs every 10 minutes, so after your entry fee has 1 confirmation, you might have to wait up to an extra 9:59 after that.

Perhaps to get around your issue I could just give you a balance on site, which you could then continue playing with, and then when you're done allow you to withdraw them.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: