Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 03:39:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Trading Game (NEW IDEA)  (Read 2330 times)
LiteCoinUser84

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:12:58 PM

I don't understand how the price of the companies in the game would be determined (unless you actually track real companies?)

I've played similar games based on actual companies with ''imaginary BTC''

The companies will not be real companies.. just instruments for users to trade on. if i was to include real stocks then it wouldnt be a game anymore.
so far the only feature is the chat rooms.. more feautres will be added and also when we have generated some funds from fees we will openup a news room section with rumors etc of where we might pumps our fund into etc..
OK so there will be a section with information about the fake companies etc? Could be useful to hire a copy writer to build up extensive databases (not huge but at least 4 or 5 different pages on each company)... I guess the price changes will be manually done by admin ?
Captian8Ball (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:26:49 PM

I don't understand how the price of the companies in the game would be determined (unless you actually track real companies?)

I've played similar games based on actual companies with ''imaginary BTC''

The companies will not be real companies.. just instruments for users to trade on. if i was to include real stocks then it wouldnt be a game anymore.
so far the only feature is the chat rooms.. more feautres will be added and also when we have generated some funds from fees we will openup a news room section with rumors etc of where we might pumps our fund into etc..
OK so there will be a section with information about the fake companies etc? Could be useful to hire a copy writer to build up extensive databases (not huge but at least 4 or 5 different pages on each company)... I guess the price changes will be manually done by admin ?

No thats the plus side to it. The admin can't control the price. The only way is when we pump our own funds into a selected company.. Apart from the the only thing moving the price is you guys
LiteCoinUser84

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:28:55 PM

Interesting concept. I guess there are no dividends or random news events then like in virtual stock games I've played in the past... subscribed to this thread... I'll beta test for sure!
Captian8Ball (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:35:15 PM

Interesting concept. I guess there are no dividends or random news events then like in virtual stock games I've played in the past... subscribed to this thread... I'll beta test for sure!

There are random new events this will be when we pump coins into a random company..
Captian8Ball (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:52:32 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 04:31:09 PM by Captian8Ball

Tomorrow maybe the day the Beta version will be released. Will need some testers. Will be confirmed in the morning GMT time.

New Thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=694396.0

http://majortradingleague.com

Register today and test out the new game
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: