June 15, 2014, 04:50:55 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2016, 03:26:37 AM by CoinHumper

delete
iGotAIDS

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:33:57 PM

Cryptsy has been an ongoing scam. BitJohn had multiple alts here and has listed several of his own coins and coins he had a deal with the cloners for pre/instamine access to. Mullick is the on staff cloner, author of such lovely coins as TIX. I confirm the US Army deployment too, wonder what the DoD thinks about double dipping on their networks from active oversea mission locations. He used to talk about it quite a bit in Chat and the Backroom.
DistributedBUZZ

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:42:24 PM

Cryptsy has been an ongoing scam. BitJohn had multiple alts here and has listed several of his own coins and coins he had a deal with the cloners for pre/instamine access to. Mullick is the on staff cloner, author of such lovely coins as TIX. I confirm the US Army deployment too, wonder what the DoD thinks about double dipping on their networks from active oversea mission locations. He used to talk about it quite a bit in Chat and the Backroom.

Any new coin that is mineable is most likely a scam
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:18:04 AM

OP is right. Cryptsy does have insider trading information, that I can confim. BitJohn and other staff usually stockpile on coins before they are added, and I've seen multiple messages in chat by BitJohn such as: I think XYZCoin is gonna reach new highs. etc etc
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:14:25 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 03:30:58 AM by mullick

Has this been confirmed ?

Not sure if anyone cares, but the picture they show on their website https://www.cryptsy.com/pages/about of their building is not where their listed address is.

160 Congress Park Dr Suite 101
Delray Beach, FL 33445

is about a mile away in a small new 2 story building.  It doesnt show their name anywhere on the suite number nor on the directory.  No way to know for sure if they are at that 160 Congress address, but its definitely possible.

The building they show on their website can be seen on google street view at:

https://www.google.com/maps/@26.477342,-80.090172,3a,37.5y,58.94h,82.59t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s_RZ9N7f4SUn4mNj78aCXag!2e0

Seems shady to me to show a building that isnt where they reside.  Maybe they were there before, and never changed out the picture.  Its not a stock picture, since it is a building nearby in Delray Beach.  

I live very close to the area.  I decided to visit both buildings a couple days ago just out of curiosity.

We moved offices about 2 months ago after running out of space. Perhaps we should update the picture

Why do you want to blatantly lie? The office building in the original pics is in fact real but you failed to mention it was just a postal drop and a virtual office only. There was never any real business for Cryptsy ever conducted at that location. Until just two months ago, Cryptsy was a virtual operation run from people's homes and public wifi connections. For crying out load, if you will search this forum hard enough you will learn that "BitJohn" was actually deployed with the US Army handling customer service from overseas during Cryptsy's first year.

As far as Ipcoinz a newbie less than 30 days old trying to pretend Florida wants cryptocurrency, Florida is hands down the most agressive anti crypto state in the USA. Try selling Bitcoin in Miami or just Google it. Try emailing any local agency or politician and getting a favorable response.

While it has been about two months since I last spoke the to the Florida AG office, they indicated they are actively investigating quite a few claims against a variety of crypto businesses, Cryptsy included. The investigator I am dealing with said this year there will be legislation brought forward to really clamp down and empower local DA's to effectively control this technology. IPcoinz needs to go day dream in another state.

Cryptsy is a rogue operation that engages in proven outright market manipulation, insider trading and other scams to rip people off. Sooner or later Paul Vernon is going to jail. He is nothing other than a "Mini Karperles".

This is not true. Please stop spreading FUD.

I visited the office in question for 1 week in early march to accept a job offer that would require me to move to Delray from Minnesota. I worked in that office for that week with the other 8 employees we had at the time.

I moved to delray on March 31st and started my new position. I work at the new office 5 days a week. They moved to the new office about a week before I moved here. We have 15 Employees working at the new office.

I dont know where you think you are getting your information but it is 100% false.

Bitjohn is in fact a remote employee but that is about the only guess you got correct. I also was a remote employee until March 31st. If anyone cares to stop by the new location let me know. I would be happy to speak with Paul about getting you a tour

Don't see the point in re hashing this thread again  Roll Eyes
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:31:22 AM

the key issue is don't get caught ANYMORE manipulating the market.

because that is when guys pop up with some rather interesting stories..
such as the day TIX was released and a guy emailed me and gave me proof you uploaded the TIX binaries to github Muillick
and the funny part was you and the other cryptsy back room boys let the sock puppets troll me on chat playing games
about who made the coin when i and others asked.. who made it ? Cryptsy and friends did and there is plenty of rock solid proof.
which is fine that is one thing but you look REALLY REALLY REEEEALLY bad when you sit there as a mod letting guys troll
on anyone that asks questions when you had a hand in making the the damn coin in the first place..
siding with a troll attacking people relentlessly because they asked a simple honest question is dumb.
i actually don't even understand why there is so much denial when there is so much proof of things
it just blows me away..
for example iGotSpots was involved with TIX and he lied about it from day 1 and you guys defend him and hid his identity
in the process lying about TIX etc and Bitjohn even admitted he KNEW who made it but would not tell the public..
why the fuck are we not allowed to know who made it ? ..because it looks REAL bad that is why LOL
So after you guys let that trolling cocky cunt troll and attack me endlessly guess what iGotSpots did ?
About 2 months back he fessed up and admitted all of it in writing to me her on the forum
and what pisses me off is you fucking pricks knew ALL of this ALL along and let this guy treat me like fucking dirt
while nothing the secret truth he admitted to later.. YOU FUCKING KNEW THIS SHIT ALL ALONG
and you sided with him and his lying as he fucking trolled the living fuck out of me..
You fuckers should be even more embarrassed than iGotSpots.. you have abused the fucking hell out of your mod positions BIG TIME !

and hey it goes on and on and on and on.. i could rattle off 100 fuck up scammy situations with Cryptsy
but i have tried to forgive you dick heads for the trolling on me directly with alt account names or letting people do it
while you play dumb.. and try and spin things.
problem is you guys keep pulling stupid stunts and getting caught time after time and you never ever learn.

old stories that make you look like corrupt deceitful thieves would not got brought up but you do ANOTHER dumb stunt
which of course gets people talking about the other previous dumb stunts which show case a pattern of lying trolling and market manipulation.
the solution is simple.. cut the crap.

like not along ago BitJohn sat on chat playing dumb about an endless stream of guys coming on cryptsy chat
saying their WC deposits were not showing up and funny enough it was the height of the coins popularity and the coin was rocketing up in value on all exchanges..
after i had nagged about it to get ANY kind of answer about what is going on i was told after they watched me awaiting and saying i was waiting for hours on chat
that the coin was suspend because *supposedly they thought there was a fork and they are looking into it..
and what is funny is these guys watched me bring up waiting for my deposit for hours and hours and hours as i waited
and they did not say a fucking word to me.. just let me keep waiting and checking..over and over ......playing dumb all along.
in other words holding out making any acknowledgment for as long as they could so they get away with it for as long as possible..
And then to top it off i started look around all over and there was not 1 human on earth on any exchange or pool etc
that seen any shred of proof of any kind of fork activity at all..
BitJohn lied to my face about it and he froze all OUR users WC deposits for 12 hours saying fuck all to anyone until way later when i nagged his ass.
and anytime i so much as mentioned it on chat they got mouthy with me and told me to be quiet and said i kept mentioning it..
and i was not bringing it up over and over.. i was until i got an answer from BitJohn after that i dropped it and waited..
and besides why can't i tell chat users they froze deposits and withdrawals on the most popular coin at the time ?
isn't that useful info for people to know depositing coins and sitting on chat.. waiting ?

And did they freeze the market trading since there was a suspected fork ? (like they normally would with a REAL fork)
fuck nooooooooo they let trading carry right along and issued no statement on their twitter feed or blog or ON CHAT..
leading the rats to slaughter.. aka the most popular and hyped up coin in crypto will keep getting deposited
while they kept everyone coins for *exactly 12 straight hours doing god knows with them while saying nothing at all
and silencing people and threatening to ban them if you talk about it chat..
Hey how about thanking me for warning users BEFORE they sent coins so they don't get pissed off at you because they vanished ?
People arb'ing coins would want to know to send their coins else where..
Seriously if there was a fork why would you even want your users still sending coins ?
WHY ? duuuuuuuuuh
they were manipulating the market and lying about it..
again..

they have done this exact stunt LOTS!
they did it for almost 2 straight weeks before with Doge coin i am sure 100's of guys here remember very clearly..
i know i was supporting these guys 24/7 on irc while it went down reading every single comment for two weeks while mods hid and would not show face.

THAT is fuck all.... i got 100 million stories waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse than that
and so do a hell of a lot of other guys too.

Previous to the WC stunt i tried super mega hard to drop any old stuff and not mention anything
but when you guys pulled that shit recently i lost it.. clearly you have not learned ANYTHING
and you have this cocky smug attitude like you own and rule this scene with OUR MONEY
those coins do NOT belong to you.. they are your clients and we deserve some respect.

You Corruptsy idiots don't get the hint.. when we warn you subtly..
you think your a big shot banning people on chat box and fucking with markets and peoples coins..
but you are nobody and maybe it's time to remind you who the fuck is in charge *again.
It's us.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it shut down randomly and investigated for fraud etc by US authorities.
If they were operating in the US Stock exchange they would all be in jail long ago i guarantee it 100%

FUD first & ask questions later™
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:42:00 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2014, 02:52:51 AM by r3wt

Spoetnik, in the interest of the truth, i have some commentary in regards to TIX:

yes, mullick was the dev of TIX and he did upload it to github. While this statement looks bad in and of itsself, there is a backstory here. First of all, at the time mullick was still an unpaid employee for cryptsy, volunteering his time as a chat moderator. Second of all, he only dev'd tix after several other dev's declined taking the job from Spots. Mullick had no further involvement with TIX. His role was simply to compile and upload it to github and keep his mouth shut.

In my closest estimation, you don't have a leg to stand on in regards to this point about TIX, but the rest of what you said was very compelling. I am not close enough to the situation at cryptsy to have any knowledge whatsoever whether any of these allegations  are true or false, but i have heard rumors of a Cryptsy Employee who made altcoins in his spare time then leveraged his position on the staff to get them listed. I also heard the same rumor with the twist that Shakezula had been paid to make a string of altcoins for cryptsy. I heard the same rumor again, only this time it was Paul himself who made the coins. Honestly i don't believe any of it.

Also, the whole deal with you and iGotSpots. that was dumb. You would cry on and on for hours instead of ignoring him. The mods got tired of helping you because you were becoming a problem. Its not like they never reprimanded him for calling you names and attacking you. It went both ways. You never could let it go. It was as if you wanted iGotSpots to kiss up to you and apologize in the chat, making a grand spectacle so everyone could see the magestic swan you are. cry me a river man. He gave you every oppurtunity to let it go, and you just couldn't do it. No one has time to baby sit you, and thats probably why the Staff gave him the benefit of the doubt. He would walk away but you never could do the same.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:53:36 AM

i also have to agree with r3wt there im afraid. i did have a suspicion on spots about tix (easiest giveaway was gascoin the coin for gas and tix the coin for lottery tickets") but aside from that, i also have heard the rumours however i do think theres the possability that theyre not completely true. yes some will definitely be doing insider trading but not all. And this isnt coming from me being biased. even ive been pissed off with cryptsy before. made over 300 deposits to my cryptsy account only to find out not 1 appeared from my pool and waited almost 4 days to get even a reply after messaging numerous different people at cryptsy

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 02:55:06 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 07:34:05 AM by cinnamon_carter

i have also heard all these rumors ,

any exchange can manipulate the market value of any coin really, not just cryptsy

so can 1 person with 2 accounts buying and selling their own coins

cryptsy has never responded to any requests i sent to list coins and they were not even coins i developed myself

i guess they want the 'bribe' of paid voting to list a coin and the promise or guarantee of a wad of btc to back up fake buy orders to buy the new coin back from the developer

they are  not the only exchange or other business taking paid votes and they did not start it

when it comes down to it , it is a business, they are out to earn money like any business

edit  i forgot , you mention location

i can imagine if i ran that or any exchange i may keep an office at my address nothing more

exchanges usually have expensive mining equipment not to mention servers with lots of coins on them

consider the security risks if someone who knows even basic skills of hacking got physical access to thier location,

probably safer for everyone if they are physically located elsewhere even if their business license and mailing address is at a certain office building

think about it with hundreds of thousands of dollars or maybe millions in coin on computers it would be like a bank vault and a target many thieves would try to rob.

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:29:07 PM

Do people still use Cryptsy?

If so, why?

All I have ever heard about them is what a total scam they are. How is it possible that people still use them after all we've been through with exchanges over the years?
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:53:59 PM

Cryptsy is still one of the most widely used exchanges ever and i dont believe anything will change that except another if they gox everyone.

Crypsy in itself is not that bad of an exchange it just isnt efficient enough as people would like with having deposits/withdrawals/orders go missing and imo thats due to the fact that they host so many shitcoins on their site

PhattyBanks

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:39:43 PM

this sounds like some old shit, nobody cares about the #3 alt exchange anymore get over it
mr7950

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:38:27 PM

Cryptsy is still one of the most widely used exchanges ever and i dont believe anything will change that except another if they gox everyone.

Crypsy in itself is not that bad of an exchange it just isnt efficient enough as people would like with having deposits/withdrawals/orders go missing and imo thats due to the fact that they host so many shitcoins on their site

I would not be surprised to wake up one morning and cryptsy doesn't exist anymore.  Cheesy

CashCat

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:40:51 PM

Does anyone know why the USD-Markets are not open yet?
memecoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:36:53 AM

I know this is off-topic from the OP, but did muddafudda not have his hand in the TIX pot? If I remember right, he helped code the random reward portion of the block reward because iGotSpots couldn't.  Let's not forget that this launched on CryptoNerd, pr9me's website.  Tha, along with the point about mullick, are probably moot considering neither of them were working for Cryptsy at the time.  I will further agree with r3wt in saying that the Spoetnik-iGotSpots drama has been blown well out of proportion by Spoetnik - notice how iGotSpots rarely comments/commented. 

@Anyone who consistently complains about Cryptsy, but continues to trade at Cryptsy: Why not move on to other exchanges?

Am I spamming? Report me!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: