Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:33:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Free unlimited electricity... where to start?  (Read 4895 times)
Neotox
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

Free & Fast Neotox Escrow http://bit.ly/1OGVykp

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 11:56:07 AM

free unlimited electricity?

then here is idea to make pure profit

sell electricity to other as you have unlimited at free of cost

Available
PM me to rent this space.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gelar24

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:15:52 PM

Hi Folks

My first post in the forums so nice to meet you guys! I stay in Edinburgh, Scotland Smiley

I tried the search function but couldn't really find anything on it.

As the title says I have free unlimited electricity. I would like to start mining bit coins but my knowledge isn't all that great. I know the market is pretty saturated so solo mining will pretty much get you no where so mining in a pool is your best shot. Apart from that my knowledge starts to run a little dry.

I have an alienware Aurora R3, it has 6Gb Ram, i7 processor overclocked from 2.67ghz to 3.2ghz with 8 cores.  2 ATI HD5700 graphics cards crossfired.

Where do I start?

Any advice is greatly appreciated folks Smiley

Thanks

hi I am also a degree Greetings from Indonesia Smiley

for about mine because I do not have the tools so expensive, but I often nambang in some particular mining site Smiley

well it seems you can make a lot of coin just to sit sit and wait: D
rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:45:59 PM

What site? And how much do you really make JS-mining?
LYCAN

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:54:17 PM

well here i got some free electricity too ... but canot mine some alt coins i dont have any gpu or a miner Smiley but still happy..
fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:39:22 AM

Buy Antminer S1's. You can get them damn cheap because they aren't that efficient anymore. But you don't care about efficiency.

You'll need power supplies and network access.

Cool Grin Cool Grin
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:59:55 AM

God is the only source of infinite energy, all other forms of energy are finite. Or rather, the energy won't disappear, but the increased entropy would render it useless for generating electricity at some point.

anyway, mining with computers will get you nowhere in bitcoin. If you really want to abuse your free god-source of infinite electricity you should consider buying a shitload of ASIC miners. (I wonder how long you will keep getting free electricity, and how long it would take for the cops to check if you are not running a weed plant).

Anyway with your computer it would be best to mine monero or dogecoin or something.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 01:23:40 PM

Buy Antminer S1's. You can get them damn cheap because they aren't that efficient anymore. But you don't care about efficiency.

Cool Grin Cool Grin

I would agree with you, until the news of the Antminer S3 struck like thunder yesterday.

If you got free electric, the S3 is the way to go.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:10:25 AM

Cool Grin Cool Grin

I would agree with you, until the news of the Antminer S3 struck like thunder yesterday.

That depends on timing.  1 week could mean the difference between profit and loss, especially with KNC about to pump out their Q1/Q2 Neptunes supposedly.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 01:34:04 PM

Cool Grin Cool Grin

That depends on timing.  1 week could mean the difference between profit and loss, especially with KNC about to pump out their Q1/Q2 Neptunes supposedly.

True, but have you seen the Neptunes, it's not 1 case or enclosure anymore.  It's just 5 600 GH/s boxes now:

You know people will buy farms of the S3, and it'll definitely be cheaper than the Neptunes.  Bitmain already has 20% of the network hash rate, I could easily see it go to a third if the S3 is priced right.

But yes, with both Bitmain and KNC releasing around the same time, all miners profits will be cut into immensely.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:26:10 PM

God is the only source of infinite energy...

Stopped reading after that.   Roll Eyes
DrG
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:57:17 PM

Cool Grin Cool Grin

True, but have you seen the Neptunes, it's not 1 case or enclosure anymore.  It's just 5 600 GH/s boxes now:

You know people will buy farms of the S3, and it'll definitely be cheaper than the Neptunes.  Bitmain already has 20% of the network hash rate, I could easily see it go to a third if the S3 is priced right.

But yes, with both Bitmain and KNC releasing around the same time, all miners profits will be cut into immensely.

Yeah they pulled the same thing BFL did with their minirig.  Well, it would be better suited for the home user.  The problem is it will be overpriced.  So the only people who would buy them (other than those who remained pre-order) would be clueless customers - and we have a lot of those.

Either way both will hit the network at the same time.  We might be seeing a couple of 20 or 30% jumps.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 11:13:22 AM

Hello!
IMO every newbie to mining should start mining altcoins and study how it works and then mine BTC or any profitable coins but remember, more profit the coin is, more difficult to mine it
Kindly,
        Muhammed Zakhir

brian_23452

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:56:34 PM

Hello!
IMO every newbie to mining should start mining altcoins and study how it works and then mine BTC or any profitable coins but remember, more profit the coin is, more difficult to mine it
Kindly,
        Muhammed Zakhir

Very insightful.  Mine profitable coins, unless they aren't profitable.  Thanks for the tip!
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:29:28 AM

Hello!
Kindly,
        Muhammed Zakhir

Very insightful.  Mine profitable coins, unless they aren't profitable.  Thanks for the tip!
lmao.  this is funny

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
cryptnutter

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:58:21 PM

I am starting to get the feeling that even with free electricity, mining is no longer a viable option. With the amount of hash power that's required, you could just buy coins outright instead of paying for some piece of equipment that may or may not be delivered on time or ever, that may or may not last, etc.

DrG
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:20:07 PM

Hello!
Kindly,
        Muhammed Zakhir

When you refer to newbie, are you talking about yourself?  When multicoin pools switch coins they pick the one that has a lower difficulty relative to it's price.  I think you're a little confused  Shocked
Johanna

Activity: 255

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:51:39 AM

Hello!
Kindly,
        Muhammed Zakhir

When you refer to newbie, are you talking about yourself?  When multicoin pools switch coins they pick the one that has a lower difficulty relative to it's price.  I think you're a little confused  Shocked

Depends on what type of multi pool you are talking about. usually they are mining the most profitable coins.

ALToids

Activity: 519
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:21:48 AM

Hello!
Kindly,
        Muhammed Zakhir

Depends on what type of multi pool you are talking about. usually they are mining the most profitable coins.

I think you missed DrG's point.  The coin that has the highest price relative to it's difficulty will be the most profitable.  In that scenario that would be the coin with the lowest difficulty so to speak.  Every multipool mines the most profitable coin.
lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:53:58 AM

if you dont want to waste much time and money best is to buy a few Antminer S1
they are cheep and trouble free.
Then when you make some money and understand how it works buy all the end of life
equipment on the bay and put them to work...
andi1

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:38:08 AM

DjAirwolf i have a range of asic miners available with shipping from uk stock and if you have free electricity to hell with just get the Cointerra`s plugged in!  2kw each but very burly btc miners which run at 1.6 th each,   Grin

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: