Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:21:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP to my friend in Iraq who used Bitcoin, passed away yesterday  (Read 742 times)
Mikerogers (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:00:41 PM

I'm sure many of you are aware of ISIS and the invasion that's currently occurring, and my friend was a victim. I didn't know much about him, I played League of Legends with him and talked to him in our community's teamspeak channel. I introduced him to Bitcoin a year ago, and he did his part in spreading it to locals who might be interested. I know that many people die everyday in that part of the world and nobody cares, and honestly I was part of the group that didn't care until I met him on teamspeak. He was part of the Bitcoin community, albeit in a small way, and I'm making this thread so that he lives on in some way and is not completely forgotten.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 10:21:09 PM

Condolences to you and his family. Did he have a bitcointalk account?
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:29:19 PM

I care and millions marched and continue to practice non-state human solidarity because they do too. Thanks for the perspective check and rip to your friend.
acoindr
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:35:51 PM

I know that many people die everyday in that part of the world and nobody cares, and honestly I was part of the group that didn't care until I met him on teamspeak.

Indeed. The Internet has enabled Bitcoin, but also people throughout the world to meet directly and not only through the lens of governments. This may be the greatest impediment to war, next to Bitcoin, in modern times. It's easy to be desensitized to killing off faceless people who seem quite apart from one's self.

More about ISIS:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/isiss-gains-in-iraq-fulfill-founders-violent-vision/2014/06/14/921ff6d2-f3b5-11e3-914c-1fbd0614e2d4_story.html

Zarqawi was killed in a U.S. airstrike in 2006, but the organization he founded is again on the march. In just a week, his group — formerly known as al-Qaeda in Iraq and now called the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, or ISIS — has seized cities and towns across western and northern Iraq at a pace that might have astonished Zarqawi himself.

Counterterrorism officials who tried to defeat the group during the Zarqawi era expressed begrudging respect for ISIS’s ability to recover from virtual extinction in the years after his death. The current leader, a former Iraqi teacher known as Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, managed to find new purpose in the Syrian conflict and renewed strength in the lawless regions of eastern Syria and western Iraq, where his fighters could train and plan without interference from U.S. and other Western military forces.
DeathProxy

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:21:18 AM

Rip to your friend and the thousands who died. Hope they can sort it up as soon as possible. Sectarian war is an messy and very ugly war.

Does Obama allow Iraq to be taken by terrorist? It is America's fault that lead to this instability in Iraq

Sniar

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:32:45 AM

May his soul rest in peace  Cry

Hope the war will end soon so that nobody has to die anymore .
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:57:28 AM

My Condolences to the family.
Rest in peace.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:53:53 PM

RIP young man. Does anyone knows his real name?

The major media sources are ignoring the Iraq fighting. Already close to 4,000 people have been killed in the last few days, including the 1,700 adult men executed by the ISIS in a single massacre.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: