Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:50:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stefan Molyneux Bitcoin vs. Political Power (Must see if you haven't yet)  (Read 7822 times)
coindozer7 (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:35:05 PM

Very interesting video where Stefan Molyneus talks about Bitcoin vs Political Power..

"Cryptocurrencies are the first self-limiting monetary systems in the history of mankind, and could be our greatest chance to check the growth of political power since the Magna Carta. Join Stefan Molyneux, the host of Freedomain Radio - the most popular philosophy show in the world - as he reveals the hidden political and military power of government currencies, and shows how cryptocurrencies could be greatest revolution in human history, and the foundation of a truly free and prosperous planet."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joITmEr4SjY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
waldox

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 07:16:46 AM

his youtube got temp banned for this video

its a stab at bankers and the banking system and how bitcoin can be a tool for positive change away from banks

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   * Dental Hygiene Cleaning in Toronto & Mississauga accepts Bitcoin  * Downtown Toronto Real Estate Realtor Blog & News * Toronto House Evaluation * Toronto Dental Cleaning Hygiene Centre
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:09:54 PM

its a stab at bankers and the banking system and how bitcoin can be a tool for positive change away from banks

Oh and people continue to believe no one is out there attempting to take your wealth..  why is the average person such a fucking sheep.
RomertL

Activity: 470

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:28:04 PM

Very interesting talk. But tell me about the ban? Vid works fine now and did when I watched it about 7 hours ago

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 03:02:57 PM

OP is right, Bitcoin vs. Political power is an absolute must-see. Seriously, this is the best and most important talk on Bitcoin ever.

I've started watching other Molyneux vids as well, and am quickly realizing this is a brilliant and prescient individual. If you're interested, check out his lecture on Ending the War on Drugs.

people continue to believe no one is out there attempting to take your wealth..  why is the average person such a fucking sheep.
Just world fallacy is indeed a huge problem, especially for the 'murican sheeple. But we're waking up - slowly.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:36:48 PM

We actually don't know which video cause the temp ban, but I'd bet it wasn't a Bitcoin-related video.

My first guess is that a lot of people complained to YouTube because of his "Estrogen-Based Parasites" video.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 08:50:02 PM

Very interesting talk. But tell me about the ban? Vid works fine now and did when I watched it about 7 hours ago

yeah but some days ago his account was banned out of nowhere without a reason... Lips sealed

CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:51:38 PM

It truly is a great video.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
Stevenrm87

Activity: 403

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:00:03 PM

Stefan thinks exactly how I think. Very rare breed we are.

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
RomertL

Activity: 470

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:37:30 AM

OP is right, Bitcoin vs. Political power is an absolute must-see. Seriously, this is the best and most important talk on Bitcoin ever.

I've started watching other Molyneux vids as well, and am quickly realizing this is a brilliant and prescient individual. If you're interested, check out his lecture on Ending the War on Drugs.

people continue to believe no one is out there attempting to take your wealth..  why is the average person such a fucking sheep.
Just world fallacy is indeed a huge problem, especially for the 'murican sheeple. But we're waking up - slowly.

I, too discovered Stefan Molyneux recently, through another very clever Bitcoin proponent, Erik Voorhees in another interesting YouTube vid: Bitcoin Myths Exposed! - A Conversation with Erik Voorhees http://youtu.be/XBF7Sev2dZM

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

strombert

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:50:39 AM

BEST STUFF! CHECK HIS RADIO SHOW ! Cool

EFFV

Activity: 278

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:48:35 AM

Awesome stuff, I always keep up with his youtube videos. Grin

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
pumawolf

Activity: 968

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:22:38 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igbBItLemsM    his truth about voting is a  must watch as well.  so glad the dude is into bitcoins. we need more  motherfukers like this.
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 06:11:47 AM

This one stays at the top. Keep it there, you hear me you fucks?

Don't let it touch page 2.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 07:54:38 AM

Stefan is more controversial than not. This is one of his best performances however.

5flags

Activity: 224

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 10:23:40 AM

http://dollarvigilante.com/blog/2014/5/8/breaking-all-out-assault-on-libertarians-both-online-on-the-.html#

Seems there has been a bit of a concentrated attack on people outside the herd.

http://5fla.gs - @5flags on Twitter
strombert

Activity: 125

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:58:41 PM

guys... what's missing important? I drank n typed, took me 3 hours  Cry
-----------------------------------

Bitcoin has the ability to stop the seemingly endless growth of political power that literally appears to be eating up the world and our next generation. The unfunded liabilities of this gubbernment are estimated at over 100 TRILLION (!) DOLLAR. The reason for this is gubbernments can print anything they want. The plutocratic buisiness/financial INTEREST had the era of the government- the PEOPLE did not. Fiat-money made this disaster possible... and Bitcoin has the ability to stop it ! Simple. 2500 Years ago money had to be portable, long-lasting, divisable and the most intruistic value was it's limitation. That was gold. In the 19th century prices went down because of gold, today all evaporates in our hands. The limiting of money is the limiting of political power ! Fathom this !

The financial oligarchy has not to fear anything, while 2500 Occupy-Wall-Street protestors went to jail. Bankers are estimated to have destroyed 40% of the U.S.wealth with Fractional Reserve Banking and still walk free. Picking in the pocket of a fetus is just beyond unfair.The limiting of money is the limiting of political power.

Everyone expected the first world war to be over in 6 months because war is feroucisly expensive and they had no money. During that time european banks one by one went off the gold-standard, so nobody had to ask us to choose between food and death, between life and murder, between guns and butter. WW2 cost 15 times more the gold that they had. War and gold/limited currency don't mix very well. If they had waged first world war on gold it would have ended christmas 1914 without the infinite blenders of human parts they shoveled into this madness and saved the lives of MILLIONS OF PEOPLE, People! This is how serious inflating fiat money is.

The total amount of gold on earth we hold in our hands is 174.000 tons while the war on Error cost 291.000 tons of gold. In terms of Bitcoin that's 500 times more Bitcoins than ever will be mined. The Internet has not slowed the growth of gubbernments around the world, it has not saved the next generation from the endless gutterhole of debt. Information empowers the people, but not with regards to political power. Political power is a monopoly of the initiation of force in a geographical area.Information don't stop bullets. But when you don't have money to fund bullets, the bullets stop. I strongly urge you to claim your power back, start using Bitcoin, everything peaceful, break out of the loop. Thank you Grin Billed shall be the warmongers !

Beliathon

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 09:05:32 PM

Stefan is more controversial than not. This is one of his best performances however.
He said it himself and I agree, that was the speech of his career.

cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:07:27 PM

We actually don't know which video cause the temp ban, but I'd bet it wasn't a Bitcoin-related video.

My first guess is that a lot of people complained to YouTube because of his "Estrogen-Based Parasites" video.

yup

I'm grumpy!!
jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:28:24 PM

I get what he's saying and I agree to an extent.  Bitcoin threatens government power and corporate interests.  But, these are the two very strongest influences out there.  What I'm saying is that these are the two biggest bullies on the block and when their interests are threatened there will be tremendous blow-back. 

I believe there is a significant economic battle coming. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: