Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:14:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Swarm Thread  (Read 10509 times)
fractastical

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

Swarm

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:14:02 PM

So.... what is a GOLDTICKET ? and why do I have it ?

Here's what was posted to the Swarm Facebook feed:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qltooq69hcii6mt/Screenshot%202014-06-21%2017.16.54.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:12:41 PM

We're gonna meet Oompa Loompas!

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
tonyk

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:39:36 PM

Is this a reference to some common joke that I have missed?

sparta_cuss

Activity: 386

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:40:09 PM

Not a joke, but a plot point in a movie from 1971, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Investors in Swarm have been issued an additional asset called "GOLDTICKET."

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
tonyk

Activity: 122

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:36:24 PM

Not a joke, but a plot point in a movie from 1971, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Investors in Swarm have been issued an additional asset called "GOLDTICKET."

I see…

So let me take a shot at guessing what unique opportunity the GOLDTICKET will offer:

“Every holder will have a chance, after the IPO, to buy as much swarms as (s)he wants, at the Grate rate of 1000 swarms/BTC”

Can’t wait to see what the master….minds have in mind! 

blackhatzw

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:25:06 AM

I am in, it will be a good platform.
delulo

Activity: 441

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:37:34 AM

I just skipped through the website, the OP and the coindesk article http://www.coindesk.com/swarm-take-bitcoin-crowdfunding-new-heights/. As far as I got it it is supposed be a crowd based VC company for "Bitcoin business ideas" (of chain or on chain businesses or both?). They take the money from the investors in swarmcoin and invest it in those businesses.
Correct?

The questions for me are:
1) How does the crowd assesment process work? Does the Swarm team make a preselection and all Swarmcoin holders (proportional to their stake size?) then vote on which business to fund? 
3) Why give money to swarm if I can invest it into Andreessen/Horowitz?
4) If a business is funded, do Swarmcoin holders only get a standard fee that is charged or do Swarmcoin holders get a stake in the funded business like an investor in a VC fund would get if a VC company funds a business?
4) I strongly assume the latte is the case. If so: How can I be SURE that all the equity in the company that Swarm gets for their "VC money" they give to the business goes ALL to the Swarm holders? Is there a trustless process of verifying that the Swarm team didn't make a deal with the funded business so they get an extra cut?
5) What about the legal issues addressed in the coin desk article? Contingency plan?
6) How far is the platform away form (full) functionality (in weeks/month not in % Smiley )?
fractastical

Swarm

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:42:11 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know I completed a review of our responses to questions so far. As probably everyone here has noticed, our responses on Bitcointalk have been pretty poor, partially because we had a team member drop out at the last minute. Apologies.

Here is this assessment:

I have a complete list of every question that asked that hasn't been answered and am going to spend a good chunk of time making sure that we answer every question moving forward.

I'm actually looking at creating a new Swarm thread that I control and that we will use for all future communications.

I know a lot of people have also asked about our financials, including the non BTC assets. That's listed here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L22MqtUU9wTUICeQKOtV4m6DbUq1asykvG4BRxxiBPM/edit#gid=0

fractastical

Swarm

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:19:12 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 11:47:02 AM by fractastical

I just skipped through the website, the OP and the coindesk article http://www.coindesk.com/swarm-take-bitcoin-crowdfunding-new-heights/. As far as I got it it is supposed be a crowd based VC company for "Bitcoin business ideas" (of chain or on chain businesses or both?). They take the money from the investors in swarmcoin and invest it in those businesses.
Correct?

Generally correct, but requiring clarification on two points.

(1) One of the primary values of the Swarm coin is early access to Swarm events and participation in preferred presales of coins launched via the Swarm network.  

(2) What we can and can't do will largely depend on the legal jurisdiction. This is a bit sticky since there are a lot of different regulations concerning these things, so we can't make blanket promises regarding our ability to do things as an "investment." For example, a lot of the projects we are looking at now are DAOs that run on top of a non-profit, which is not a "business" in the normal sense of that word.  

1) How does the crowd assesment process work? Does the Swarm team make a preselection and all Swarmcoin holders (proportional to their stake size?) then vote on which business to fund?  

This is a feature we are planning to unveil at Coinsummit in London in a couple weeks.  

Early access to a crypto-YCombinator vs. an established VC fund? Not sure, but generally early access to a promising new model in preferable to the old guard. Also VC funds have a substantial lock period whereas everything Swarm related is extraordinarily liquid (relatively speaking).

4) If a business is funded, do Swarmcoin holders only get a standard fee that is charged or do Swarmcoin holders get a stake in the funded business like an investor in a VC fund would get if a VC company funds a business?

This is also something we are planning to unveil at Coinsummit. The most compelling model looks a lot like YCombinator but more fluid and flexible.    

4) I strongly assume the latte is the case. If so: How can I be SURE that all the equity in the company that Swarm gets for their "VC money" they give to the business goes ALL to the Swarm holders? Is there a trustless process of verifying that the Swarm team didn't make a deal with the funded business so they get an extra cut?

I strongly doubt that there is a completely trustless way of verifying this, but if you can design something like this I'm very open. Given that we are very excited by and focused on Blockchain businesses, it is very possible to have a fully auditable chain of transactions.

5) What about the legal issues addressed in the coin desk article? Contingency plan?
I strongly suspect we will be forced to play the jurisdictional thing and register in multiple countries and lock out certain countries from certain types of offers. We were discussing this last night and even in event of a total lockout from the SEC, we could still offer crypto-fundraising for non-profits in the US with voting rights attached to those tokens (not great as an investment, but still a business model as valid as Kickstarter). That's to say that there are a lot of options and we are exploring all of them.

6) How far is the platform away form (full) functionality (in weeks/month not in % Smiley )?

3 months. There are a lot of auxiliary features we want to add (like coin-powered voting), but we would plan to add most if not all of them via externally managed products financed by coins. That's why we are actively taking solicitations now. We are also planning to announce the next couple coins that will be swarmed at CoinSummit.

delulo

Activity: 441

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:34:50 PM

Correct?

Generally correct, but requiring clarification on two points.

(1) One of the primary values of the Swarm coin is early access to Swarm events and participation in preferred presales of coins launched via the Swarm network.  

(2) What we can and can't do will largely depend on the legal jurisdiction. This is a bit sticky since there are a lot of different regulations concerning these things, so we can't make blanket promises regarding our ability to do things as an "investment." For example, a lot of the projects we are looking at now are DAOs that run on top of a non-profit, which is not a "business" in the normal sense of that word.  

This is a feature we are planning to unveil at Coinsummit in London in a couple weeks.  

Early access to a crypto-YCombinator vs. an established VC fund? Not sure, but generally early access to a promising new model in preferable to the old guard. Also VC funds have a substantial lock period whereas everything Swarm related is extraordinarily liquid (relatively speaking).

This is also something we are planning to unveil at Coinsummit. The most compelling model looks a lot like YCombinator but more fluid and flexible.    

I strongly doubt that there is a completely trustless way of verifying this, but if you can design something like this I'm very open. Given that we are very excited by and focused on Blockchain businesses, it is very possible to have a fully auditable chain of transactions.

I strongly suspect we will be forced to play the jurisdictional thing and register in multiple countries and lock out certain countries from certain types of offers. We were discussing this last night and even in event of a total lockout from the SEC, we could still offer crypto-fundraising for non-profits in the US with voting rights attached to those tokens (not great as an investment, but still a business model as valid as Kickstarter). That's to say that there are a lot of options and we are exploring all of them.

3 months. There are a lot of auxiliary features we want to add (like coin-powered voting), but we would plan to add most if not all of them via externally managed products financed by coins. That's why we are actively taking solicitations now. We are also planning to announce the next couple coins that will be swarmed at CoinSummit.
Thanks for the clarifications so far!
blackhatzw

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:48:44 AM

Welcome to the official SWARM thread!

The official Swarm crowdsale has started and we are proud to share that we have reached our presale target of 500 BTC!
Please go to http://swarmcorp.com/ and buy yours with Bitcoin

SWARM = Cryptoequity and Distributed Crowdfunding

Total Cap: 100,000,000 SWARM coins            

Presale
Target: 500 BTC (achieved)

Phase One:  
June 17th - June 27th
Target:  4000 BTC

Phase Two:
TBA - July 20th
Target:  17,000 BTC

Platform: Counterparty

“Phase One consists of 4,000 Bitcoin; people participating on day one will receive 5,250 SWARM coin per Bitcoin. As more Bitcoins are received, the number of SWARM coin distributed will decrease to 4,750 until the end of Phase One. After a short cooling-off period, there will be a Phase Two with a 17,000 Bitcoins cap with a conversion rate of 4,250 SWARM coin, decreasing to 3,750 per Bitcoin until they are all gone.”

SWARM is a distributed crowdfunding platform.  If you buy SWARM coins you are rewarded by the trickle of equity from all the businesses that are chosen in the SWARM network.  For example, if you have a great Bitcoin business idea you can get it funded by SWARM. The business would issue their own token on the Counterparty protocol and have a percentage of their equity funneled back to the SWARM coin holders automatically.

The beauty of this is that you don’t strictly need venture capitalists to fund the businesses.  The capital comes from all the participants in the network who are SWARM coin holders. Unlike Kickstarter you now have a stake in the companies you fund because the token can be traded on the free market.  The SWARM network decides which businesses they want in the network by due diligence and voting with their SWARM coins.

Check out http://www.reddit.com/r/Swarming/

Details:
  http://www.coindesk.com/swarm-take-bitcoin-crowdfunding-new-heights/
  http://bitcoinmagazine.com/13763/swarm-redefines-crowdfunding/
  http://cointelegraph.com/news/111694/swarm_crowdfunding_with_cryptocurrency_2_0_technology
  Click here to see much more articles

CEO Joel Dietz (https://www.linkedin.com/in/joeldietz):
"The Oculus Rift raised over $2m dollars on Kickstarter and then the owner turned around and sold it to Facebook for $2bn. What did the participants in the crowdfunder get? A t-shirt?”

Here is how the value of Swarm Coins will break down:
•   At Day One of Phase One, one BTC will be worth 5,250 Swarm Coins. That price will gradually decline.
•   By the last day of Phase One, one BTC will be worth 4,750 Swarm Coins.
•   At Day One of Phase Two, one BTC will be worth 4,250 Swarm Coins. The same gradual decline applies.
•   At the end of Phase Two, one BTC will be worth 3,650 Swarm Coins.

To understand progress on IPO, check out
1) Swarm homepage: http://www.swarmcorp.com/
2) Check BTC deposit: https://blockchain.info/address/12GZL7shupvmHapCmhw81GDa5GmaTqaZdk (add 500 BTC and devide by 4500)

Good, I am in.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:50:32 AM

:Dcrazy
fractastical

Swarm

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:47:50 PM

Not quite sure how this became the "official thread," but it isn't any longer. See this thread for more information.

Requesting DistributedBuzz post link in original post and remove any other information.

tobeaj2meraa

Activity: 125

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:31:54 PM

very good coin.
Crypto_Enthusiast

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:37:35 PM

I want out. Who wants to buy my SWARMPRE for discounted price?
str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:08:14 AM

I want out. Who wants to buy my SWARMPRE for discounted price?

what price?
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:25:20 PM

I'm selling Swarm if you're interested.

more or less retired.
IamNotSure

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 04:45:18 PM

SWARM should be listed in a centralized exchange, like SJCX etc. I don't see why it hasn't been done yet
marcoman22

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 04:54:22 PM

SWARM should be listed in a centralized exchange, like SJCX etc. I don't see why it hasn't been done yet

need a more support in order to do that.If this coin can gather more members than it can be listed for sure.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:35:37 PM

I'm selling swarm on counterpart dex if interested.

more or less retired.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: