Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:14:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NiceHash Control 1.1.1 - Auto profit switching control for NiceHash servic  (Read 29974 times)
RavenXBR

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:03:23 PM

Awesome software...  Wink

Does the hash and power values configured for each algo at CONF file affect the algo switching, or it uses some other info?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DemosMirak

Activity: 146

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:45:22 PM

Does the hash and power values configured for each algo at CONF file affect the algo switching, or it uses some other info?

The values affecting price switching in terms of worth are power, hash and the price. Also affecting switching are min, max and switch time.

BTC: 13enECLM3M3gjQDoBKouXuYFG4zXaDdDPx
LTC: LRTbQNQcRjZV51PivQdhK7zpMtJYPouqR9
RavenXBR

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:49:04 PM

The values affecting price switching in terms of worth are power, hash and the price. Also affecting switching are min, max and switch time.
Thank you...

So far its doing perfectly.

Wink
maelstrom987

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:23:05 PM

For some reason when I use this, if I switch from any algo, to another, and back to original algo (doesn't matter which), the original algorithm will not mine. It winds up in benchmark mode for some reason (generates shares, but none are submitted). This is fixed if it closes the window and restarts (maxtime reached).

Anyone else experience this issue? Don't like missing 30 minutes of hashing everytime I switch an algo
StuffOfInterest (OP)

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 10:20:05 AM

For some reason when I use this, if I switch from any algo, to another, and back to original algo (doesn't matter which), the original algorithm will not mine. It winds up in benchmark mode for some reason (generates shares, but none are submitted). This is fixed if it closes the window and restarts (maxtime reached).

Anyone else experience this issue? Don't like missing 30 minutes of hashing everytime I switch an algo

Which miner are you using?  I wonder if there could be an issue with the new miner instance re-initializing the video card before the previous instance has fully spun down.

Please see if you can recreate this behavior using the start buttons on the individual algorithms.  If you hit the start button for an algorithm and another one is already running it will do a stop on that existing one and start the new one immediately, just like when an algorithm switch occurs.  If you can trigger the behavior, then try doing a stop, wait for a second, and then hit the start button for another algorithm.  If the first test triggers the problem and the second doesn't then it is likely a re-initialization issue.

A workaround I can suggest for this is to find one of the sleep utilities on the Internet.  Do a search on "sleep.exe" and you'll find a ton of them.  Run your miner from a batch file and put a sleep in front of starting the miner for however long is required based on your tests above.  This will let the card calm down before the new miner hits it again.

Hope this helps.

BExR exchange rates on your phone's home screen.
Miner Control to get auto algorithm switching for multiple mining services. (please donate if you like)
Could Proof of Blockchain (PoBC) help secure a coin and avoid runaway ASIC mining?
maelstrom987

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 10:43:48 AM

It appears to be an issue with nicehash control -- I have this issue with any CCminer 1.1, 1.2, and the latest NVMiner build.

Behavior only present on auto-switching.

The behavior is present across multiple rigs (780 rigs, 750ti rigs). Running the miner with a built in pause command does not change the behavior either.

Again, it still generates shares, but they are either not submitted to my deposit address, or it is running in benchmark mode.

anon42

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:32:32 PM

It appears to be an issue with nicehash control -- I have this issue with any CCminer 1.1, 1.2, and the latest NVMiner build.

The behavior is present across multiple rigs (780 rigs, 750ti rigs). Running the miner with a built in pause command does not change the behavior either.

Again, it still generates shares, but they are either not submitted to my deposit address, or it is running in benchmark mode.

I tried to diagnose a bit what might be happening here, but with no luck. NiceHash Control only starts a process and later kills it. There seem to be no other IPC, no OpenCl/Gl calls, or such things.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe ccminer leaves the GPU in a bad state when it is being killed. Do you start ccminer directly from NiceHash Control or do you use a batch file? How current are your GPU's drivers? Have you tried NiceHash Control 1.1? (That version uses a different way to kill the miner.)

Also, have a look at ccminer's window. Any messages there? (Both at startup and while it is running.) Does it go "yay!!!"? Does it say "benchmark mode"?

If that doesn't help, please post your nicehashcontrol.conf and batch files (remove your passwords!!! and user names).
Bombadil

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:41:37 PM

It's typical fast-ccminer-switching behavior. There might be a need of a certain pause before it launches a new miner. Something like 10-30 seconds would be fine (and would make  a nice .conf setting).
I've noticed it before while playing with different algo's ^^" Running 10-20 yay's and quickly switching to another algo was a bad idea Cheesy
StuffOfInterest (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:46:13 PM

It's typical fast-ccminer-switching behavior. There might be a need of a certain pause before it launches a new miner. Something like 10-30 seconds would be fine (and would make  a nice .conf setting).
I've noticed it before while playing with different algo's ^^" Running 10-20 yay's and quickly switching to another algo was a bad idea Cheesy

I'll add that as a config option, eventually.  Until then, my earlier suggestion of having a "sleep" command in a batch file before launching the miner is the best workaround.

Miner Control to get auto algorithm switching for multiple mining services. (please donate if you like)
Could Proof of Blockchain (PoBC) help secure a coin and avoid runaway ASIC mining?
ltc_bilic

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:19:28 PM

Hey any new progress on NHC? It would be really nice if you could implement at least a partial TMB support, even thought you don't have a functioning API yet Smiley The NC prices are really low atm, so a second switching option would be awesome.
StuffOfInterest (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:39:40 PM

Hey any new progress on NHC? It would be really nice if you could implement at least a partial TMB support, even thought you don't have a functioning API yet Smiley The NC prices are really low atm, so a second switching option would be awesome.

Unfortunately, too much with the home life right now.  At least it looks like TMB did extend their API for real pay rates rather than just normalized values.  That will make it easier.

ltc_bilic

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:58:23 PM

You know family first Wink
ltc_bilic

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:59:33 AM

Meanwhile take a look at: http://algox.eu/stats.html, most of the time the data is accurate, but unfortunately it cannot capture nicehash really well,...but those prices we know already Wink
ghotiphry

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 01:40:45 PM

Uh oh, now what about WestHash?
StuffOfInterest (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 01:56:28 PM

Uh oh, now what about WestHash?
Yea, I'm not happy about that.

I may have to put a base URL parameter in to allow users to select which site to go to.  Haven't decided yet.  If this turns into too much of a debacle I may start looking at other options for mining instead.

anon42

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:56:40 PM

I may have to put a base URL parameter in to allow users to select which site to go to.  Haven't decided yet.  If this turns into too much of a debacle I may start looking at other options for mining instead.

maybe just do a bit like bfgminer does. Lose the fixed binding "slot to coin" and add a parameter for name and provider to the config. e.g.

Code:
		{ "slot":0, "provider":"nicehash:0", "name":"Scrypt", "hashrate":350, "power":50, "folder":"", "command":"cmd.exe", "arguments":"/c MINERS.bat scrypt _ADDRESS_" },
{ "slot":1, "provider":"westhash:0", "name":"Scrypt, too", "hashrate":350, "power":50, "folder":"", "command":"cmd.exe", "arguments":"/c MINERS_w.bat scrypt _ADDRESS_" },
{ "slot":2, "provider":"fixprice:0.68965", "name":"Scrypt, three", "hashrate":350, "power":50, "folder":"", "command":"cmd.exe", "arguments":"/c mypool.cmd" },

With time you could add more providers.
StuffOfInterest (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:32:26 PM

maybe just do a bit like bfgminer does. Lose the fixed binding "slot to coin" and add a parameter for name and provider to the config. e.g.

Code:
		{ "slot":0, "provider":"nicehash:0", "name":"Scrypt", "hashrate":350, "power":50, "folder":"", "command":"cmd.exe", "arguments":"/c MINERS.bat scrypt _ADDRESS_" },
{ "slot":1, "provider":"westhash:0", "name":"Scrypt, too", "hashrate":350, "power":50, "folder":"", "command":"cmd.exe", "arguments":"/c MINERS_w.bat scrypt _ADDRESS_" },
{ "slot":2, "provider":"fixprice:0.68965", "name":"Scrypt, three", "hashrate":350, "power":50, "folder":"", "command":"cmd.exe", "arguments":"/c mypool.cmd" },

That's actually along the lines of what I was thinking for my "version 2" which will support TradeMyBit.  Still, I'll have to wire in more support for getting pay rates to monitor both (or all three) NiceHash sites.

int3ractivodular

Activity: 280

TECHNOLOGY, BABY!

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:45:12 AM

Code:

That's actually along the lines of what I was thinking for my "version 2" which will support TradeMyBit.  Still, I'll have to wire in more support for getting pay rates to monitor both (or all three) NiceHash sites.

This would be freaking awesome, keep up the great dev
DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:16:07 PM

Thanks to share, its awesome

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
generalt
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:28:49 AM

Yep totally awesome work.  I'm looking forward to seeing support for westhash and other sites!

BTC: 1GENERALrtBAjEv2Ps5cmEW1FADnXh1bCZ
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: