Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:12:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchange for sale - Coinnext  (Read 5122 times)
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:39:46 PM

It looks like they do, they got a chatbox and there is chatter.

I am more concern with how many of those users have deposited money on the service and are using it.
RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 02:41:51 PM

If this helps any it says
Total Volume:1.6709 BTC
Total Trades:5737

arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:21:54 PM

I am more concern with how many of those users have deposited money on the service and are using it.

The front end looks very nice and impressive. Cost is a little step and monthly profit from fee will not cover operation cost for a while.

Gweedo, if you are interested to take over and want to reduce the risk. I am willing to take a small equity stake with partial shareholder right.
armin22

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:29:16 PM

The front end looks very nice and impressive. Cost is a little step and monthly profit from fee will not cover operation cost for a while.

Gweedo, if you are interested to take over and want to reduce the risk. I am willing to take a small equity stake with partial shareholder right.

Now this is a GREAT IDEA.

gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:39:40 PM

Now this is a GREAT IDEA.

If someone draws up good terms, and I can throw in for a group buy.
armin22

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:40:37 PM

i'd be happy with a group buy.

RiverBoatBTC

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 03:43:45 PM

Gweedo would you be willing to the dev? I got a IPO going for it.

gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:45:07 PM

Gweedo would you be willing to the dev? I got a IPO going for it.

I can dev for a little bit, but I really would rather put money up and be a capital partner.
RiverBoatBTC

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 03:46:28 PM

Would you be interested in getting in on a project like this?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=656861.0

You responded to my other, looking for a team post. And this just seems to fall right in line with it to be honest.

gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:48:24 PM

You responded to my other, looking for a team post. And this just seems to fall right in line with it to be honest.

I would have to read about it.
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:58:09 PM

I would have to read about it.

The IPO is too expensive with little value added from this auction.
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:12:06 PM

Look. Yes, the software is worth more than the opening bid. That doesn't mean shit. People aren't looking to buy the software, they are looking to buy the business. The fact is, is that its a saturated market and that this will not make money at 10BTC. The amount of money that would have to be spent on marketing would be insane. And you say that the exchange hasn't been hacked? Thats because no one has heard of it! The volume is so little no one will spend their time trying to hack it. If this ever gets up there in volume, maintaining security on the site would be a huge issue.

Im sorry, but this is a massive money pit.
MrWDunne

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:17:06 PM

Look. Yes, the software is worth more than the opening bid. That doesn't mean shit. People aren't looking to buy the software, they are looking to buy the business. The fact is, is that its a saturated market and that this will not make money at 10BTC. The amount of money that would have to be spent on marketing would be insane. And you say that the exchange hasn't been hacked? Thats because no one has heard of it! The volume is so little no one will spend their time trying to hack it. If this ever gets up there in volume, maintaining security on the site would be a huge issue.

I'm going to disagree with you. If you're clever you will certainly be able to make this a profitable business.

I would take part in this myself, but obviously working on a similar project.

AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:25:28 PM

I'm going to disagree with you. If you're clever you will certainly be able to make this a profitable business.

I would take part in this myself, but obviously working on a similar project.

You could make this profitable, thats not the question. The question is how much money do you have to throw at this to make it profitable? This is a huge money sink.

Current volume is ~1.6BTC at day. Say they finally start charging fees, they would make ~$85 a month in fees. Thats a net loss of $415 from just server fee's alone. Your in the hole right off the bat.
RiverBoatBTC

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 04:40:00 PM

They have 0 marketing from as far as I can tell to, so the name is really not worth much.

coinnext (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:31:14 PM

They have 0 marketing from as far as I can tell to, so the name is really not worth much.

We actually have been very active marketing wise. We have several advertising campaigns (around 20) running and already pre-paid for (probably around 2K USD total). Around 30% of our visitors are coming through some kind of payed campaign, so that's actually quite reasonable.

A few that pop to mind (there are many more)
cryptocoincharts.info
cryptocointalk.com
altcoincalendar.info
cryptocoinsnews.com
coinmarketcap.com

We've partnered with coin developers and have given away around 1-2 BTC worth of free comps. That's a major acquisition channel as well.
We also have been highly active on twitter since day one, and have currently 331 genuine followers.

Most of the marketing we did however is free. We are currently visible in every community of each coin we have in our market (bitcointalk/reddit/twitter/forum/cryptocointalk).

There is probably more I forget to mention now, but the baseline is that on the contrary we have been highly active in the marketing departement.
coinnext (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:33:56 PM

Currently exactly 1,729+ registered and email verified users. (Note how when I posted this topic less than 24h ago, we only had 1600ish).
Over 90% of those users have deposited coins.
coinnext (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:39:49 PM

Current volume is ~1.6BTC at day. Say they finally start charging fees, they would make ~$85 a month in fees. Thats a net loss of $415 from just server fee's alone. Your in the hole right off the bat.

I actually got an email from a pretty awesome Bitcoin hosting provider, asking us not to sell and willing to give us free hosting of all our servers to allow us to continue growing without constraints, really a very attractive offer. I think they might be willing to do the same for the buyer so I can always refer the buyer to them.
However if $400 per month is a scary lot for you, this might not be the best project to take over, this is really not just a website but a real startup.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:50:49 PM

One thing to consider which im sure many of you haven't, what if the exchange gets hacked and a lot of funds go missing?

All those that join the group buy could be joint liable for the missing funds.

Wouldn't be the first or last time its happened.
MrWDunne

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:53:42 PM

One thing to consider which im sure many of you haven't, what if the exchange gets hacked and a lot of funds go missing?

All those that join the group buy could be joint liable for the missing funds.

Wouldn't be the first or last time its happened.
1) You're not liable

2) Raise enough funds for a security audit of the code, and servers. As well as a crowdcurity campaign.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: