Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 09:43:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone heard about this company Xidax  (Read 1196 times)
youbob (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:26:04 PM

I found this on my facebook page. http://www.xidax.com/miningrigs
What this company does is make customizable pc gaming rigs that are Liquid-cooled. They have also taped in to the cryptocurrencies business; allowing people to purchase customizable mining rigs, that to my opinion look down right cool. Both CPU and GPU are pretty powerful, making it easier to mine for coins that take in CPU or GPU power. This is a far better looking cry from the basket rack mining rigs that I see on the web today.

Starscream

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:32:01 PM

Who cares if it looks good, it's over priced as fuck. 1505$ for a 2x r9 270x "mining rig" - if you can call it that.
And tbh, it doesn't even look that good. Black case with some bits of photoshop...
Instamatic

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:33:31 PM

I dunno, never heard of them myself but good for them trying to tap that market.  They accept payment in BTC & DOGE so at least they're supporting their own cause.  Some of the components look overpriced (the Hyper 212 cpu cooler) but others are pretty fair (the additional GPU, $5 extra for a 1TB drive).  Plus they've got the Lifetime Warranty in effect which is something you always pay extra for.  Guessing that's about $3-400 of the upfront cost.  That's not saying anything about how their warranty process is when/if you need to use it.
youbob (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:23:55 PM

I dunno, never heard of them myself but good for them trying to tap that market.  They accept payment in BTC & DOGE so at least they're supporting their own cause.  Some of the components look overpriced (the Hyper 212 cpu cooler) but others are pretty fair (the additional GPU, $5 extra for a 1TB drive).  Plus they've got the Lifetime Warranty in effect which is something you always pay extra for.  Guessing that's about $3-400 of the upfront cost.  That's not saying anything about how their warranty process is when/if you need to use it.

Plus in the long run it does pay for it self in a few months. All you have to do is get on a highly efficient multipool.   

kqpahv

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:48:42 PM

Plus in the long run it does pay for it self in a few months. All you have to do is get on a highly efficient multipool.   

You must be drunk. Money does not grow on trees while you sit on your ass. This thing will never earn itself back basically. Not to say there isnt profit to be taken from mining but not from multipools, not with buying 100%+ overpriced shit and not with a few months.
Instamatic

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:47:22 PM

Yeah, I'm not backing you on that claim.  But if you want a decent gaming rig that can also mine and is all under a lifetime warranty...then I see a market.  Probably not on the bitcointalk forums though.  I would guess most folks here are DIY'ers when it comes to building a system.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: