Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:32:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who owns these addresses ?  (Read 2007 times)
krateczka (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:56:34 PM

I need help, someone broke into my exchange and stole a large amount of bitcoins. Everything went to these two addresses, can anyone knows or has seen someone they?
1LvaC2EazFoffERQT5UsTXq3aB83L7nq2j
1E8YSQ2dz2QAa5Qa2mduzEc1WoZAjVa5TS
rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:35:22 PM

You can't really track someone by address very easily. They don't come up on this forum in other contexts. DO you have logs of the break-in?

How much was stolen, and from which exchange? (depending on the amount, these guys might have a history)
skottiejay

Activity: 140
Merit: 110

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 11:40:46 PM

I need help, someone broke into my exchange and stole a large amount of bitcoins. Everything went to these two addresses, can anyone knows or has seen someone they?

The first address looks familiar, I had someone break into (well I fell for a phishing site the google adwords one about blockchain) they have a rather large amount of bitcoins in their amounts and blockchain is not very handy on getting anything back to you. More than likely you won't be able to find them.

What else could I say?
rarkenin

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:45:43 PM

Yes, the first has 17K bitcoins if my short-term memory works today.
paythrough_team

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:17:28 AM

Very sympathetic to you, God bless you find the thieves.
skottiejay

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 03:27:37 AM

Just a heads up, while you might be able to find the thieves there is nothing blockchain can do (if this is who it's through) that can save your btc. I've opened a lot of tickets with them and basically the answer is "sorry". I'm sorry I can't be more of help, but at least the google adwords thing is down now.

What else could I say?
Harley997

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:16:22 AM

The first address looks familiar, I had someone break into (well I fell for a phishing site the google adwords one about blockchain) they have a rather large amount of bitcoins in their amounts and blockchain is not very handy on getting anything back to you. More than likely you won't be able to find them.

If you possibly keep logs of incoming connections to your computer and control enough full nodes you could potentially cross reference IP addresses to connections to your computer to IP addresses that broadcast a TX from either of those addresses.

Another option that is a very long shot would be to search google (and these forums) with both of those addresses to see if anyone is asking for donations and/or a payment with either of those addresses.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
skottiejay

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 04:49:40 AM

If you possibly keep logs of incoming connections to your computer and control enough full nodes you could potentially cross reference IP addresses to connections to your computer to IP addresses that broadcast a TX from either of those addresses.

Another option that is a very long shot would be to search google (and these forums) with both of those addresses to see if anyone is asking for donations and/or a payment with either of those addresses.

http://timeli.info/item/1051307/r_bitcoin_on_Reddit/Bitcoin_Rich__I_want_to_see_more_donations_to_bitcoin_s_future__Hire_more_core_developers_and_fun...

there's a page full of them, that address is on that first link with something about a donation (the first address anyways) so maybe see what that links to and ask if they have any info

What else could I say?
bangalore

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:21:04 AM

the op said his exchange broke so they need to investigate and give details to him

Smiley
rarkenin

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:24:30 AM

Just FYI, you're going to want to explain the situation honestly to your customers. While it's not always possible to avert negative reputation, disclosure can be the difference between -480 trust and a massive pile of emails, and -5 trust and the beginning of an effective resolution process.
krateczka (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:55:20 AM

BTC of exchange was paid to this address
https://blockchain.info/address/1NaMXTwzrimaeaVLCksqEVhKaQQpEhsP78

The amount that is stolen and 13.6995 0.6975 BTC BTC see that come on this account any new transaction, German Criminal Police apparently is already the case because one of the servers of the German bots transmit money.
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:25:20 PM

Sorry for your loss, but even if you find out who the address belongs to, there is not much you can do to get your BTC back, unless you find out their physical location and visit them with a baseball bat.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 01:22:01 PM

The amount that is stolen and 13.6995 0.6975 BTC BTC see that come on this account any new transaction, German Criminal Police apparently is already the case because one of the servers of the German bots transmit money.

I don't understand one thing ...

You say :

so what it have got to do with 1st two btc addresses that you are asking about?

the address of a receiver is 1NaMXTwzrimaeaVLCksqEVhKaQQpEhsP78
and it's got nothing to do with those 2 addresses ... so where is the point?

Seems like you want to track those big addresses with unknown reason?
krateczka (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:17:08 PM

This address 1NaMXTwzrimaeaVLCksqEVhKaQQpEhsP78 has much in common with the other two, because there's money goes, there are many other transfers, and all pass through 1LvaC2EazFoffERQT5UsTXq3aB83L7nq2j and
1E8YSQ2dz2QAa5Qa2mduzEc1WoZAjVa5TS so interested in who owns them, as if it is some exchange it might be possible to trace the owner of the address 1NaMXTwzrimaeaVLCksqEVhKaQQpEhsP78
cech4204a

Activity: 252

12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 06:29:43 AM

It's funny how people don't protect their money well enough. Do 2FA, mail confirmation, change PW every week or even on every day, make more addresses and keep money in multiple wallets, be safe for crist sake. Make cold wallet, you have million of options to save your money, but you do the least.

Bitcoin is DEAD
traderenterprises

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:55:32 AM

linked to Germany, bounced IPv4(LG Android App) to Panama, located in Penn, US for the second one and thats where it stops so far. Fun Fun.
skottiejay

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 04:59:51 AM

Oooo if they live in PA I'm (hopefully) moving back there in a few weeks I could go track them down and beat the crap out of them for you.

Of course there would be a fee  Grin

What else could I say?
cech4204a

Activity: 252

12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 01:33:45 PM

Well i guess that's bad luck, did you have 2FA enabled ? What exchange it was?

Bitcoin is DEAD
AliceWonder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:08:40 PM

Make cold wallet

Yes, everyone should have a cold wallet handy even for local clients so that at the first sign your PC may have been compromised, you can take your PC offline, load wallet in another PC, and send all BTC to the cold address until you investigate and wipe/install.

If your wallet in encrypted, you may have a window before they break the encryption but if you are compromised assume keystroke logger, so take offline immediately and load wallet onto another PC to send all BTC to your emergency cold address.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
zhinkk

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:11:09 PM

I don't understand one thing ...

You say :

so what it have got to do with 1st two btc addresses that you are asking about?

the address of a receiver is 1NaMXTwzrimaeaVLCksqEVhKaQQpEhsP78
and it's got nothing to do with those 2 addresses ... so where is the point?

Seems like you want to track those big addresses with unknown reason?
I don't believe he owns an exchange, he seems way too new according to his post and you would think an exchange owner would have some experience in bitcoin before recently. He has never posted anything about his exchange on here or any other post indicating he owns an exchange.

I think by saying "my exchange" he means "the exchange I use". Of course he doesn't run an exchange, his knowledge of bitcoin seems very limited. Maybe I'm wrong though.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: