Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:34:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Spondoolies-Tech SP30 - Specs: 6TH/s + 0.46W/GH  (Read 28484 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:51:54 AM

Thread is about ordering SP30s in a group (bulk / volume) from Spondoolies Tech right?

This will allow for a greater discount correct than the stated prices on the SPtech site?

Where is the problem?

Can the OP clarify for me?

I don't need the others to give me their opinions I want to hear from the leader of this "group buy".

Thanks

(Note: $4,400 is ok but I want deeper discounts for September personally. Can we get an idea of numbers of units. Like the first GB there were targets for greater discounts. If we pool together here and get 50 units or 100 units we should see great savings.)

------------

Jimmy can you just let the OP Answer... I want to hear him either be clear or hang himself with the information. Your crosstalk and agenda driven comments not helping me at all make a choice on whether I want to buy another 2 or 3 SP30s. I understand your view. I want to hear from the guy running this buy not you because I can check the spondoolies tech website and cross reference things without your input.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
bitmadrid (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 11:38:31 AM

@RoadStress Thank you for your help : )

Thread is about ordering SP30s in a group (bulk / volume) from Spondoolies Tech right?
Yes, it is Smiley

This will allow for a greater discount correct than the stated prices on the SPtech site?
Yes, as much as possible we can get

(Note: $4,400 is ok but I want deeper discounts for September personally. Can we get an idea of numbers of units. Like the first GB there were targets for greater discounts. If we pool together here and get 50 units or 100 units we should see great savings.)
I commit myself to inform ONLY the actual prices negotiated directly with Spondoolies. At the time this was 8 units ($ 4,400) now have 14 16 units and the price will be lower : )

Thank you for your clarifying message Bicknellski

thevinci

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:52:36 AM

Hi,

Depending on when you need the payment or deposit, I can buy 4x and maybe more.

Thanks for setting this up!
Bicknellski

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:42:53 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2014, 03:35:40 PM by Bicknellski

Yes, it is Smiley

I commit myself to inform ONLY the actual prices negotiated directly with Spondoolies. At the time this was 8 units ($ 4,400) now have 14 16 units and the price will be lower : )

Thanks for the clarification... so it drops as orders come in... no "goal setting" but you will inform us as orders come in and then tell us all when / if price drops.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:10:49 PM

Yes, it is Smiley

If the price drops low enough, I might have to actually take part in this. Just have to figure out a noise solution.
masonbtc

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:58:24 PM

The SP30s are supposed to be quieter than the SP10s...  how much quieter I'm not sure.
wpgdeez

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:59:46 PM

The SP30s are supposed to be quieter than the SP10s...  how much quieter I'm not sure.
You can't trust marketing, no use speculating until they are in the wild. They said SP10 wasn't too bad either ...
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 07:49:19 PM

You can't trust marketing, no use speculating until they are in the wild. They said SP10 wasn't too bad either ...
It's supposed to be quieter because of the bigger form factor allowing for larger fans.  I read in the Spondoolies-Tech thread that they measured it at 68db as opposed to the SP10 coming in at 74 (might have been 72)... at any rate, the measured difference was not very large.  Of course, with the larger fans, perhaps there won't be the high-pitched whining quality to the sound.  At any rate, if I do purchase one, it's going to have to be hosted.  I don't have the power to drive one of these at home... well, I *could* run heavy duty extension cords all over, but the little lady would have my head if I tried that one Smiley

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
anykeywhy

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:06:12 PM

It's absolutely not clear to me WHY Spondoolies-Tech would take this "bad way" in marketing/sales/customer-care/customer-service/image/reputation/... instead of offering a PUBLIC discounted price for EVERYBODY ... also because it's pretty clear that SP-30 4nor SP-15) are not selling too much at this round and at this price...

About the "time-saving": bullshit. You're adding more and futile workload and a more complicated "procedure" with this GB instead of using THEIR WEBSITE (+ coupons maybe) or thousand of other smoothier solutions...!

@SPONDOOLIES Would you like to offer only X machines at a discounted price, let's say 20?? ...just emit 20 coupons accordingly and fian a viable solution to distribute/give them to your customers... doesn't it seems more transparent or logic??
Let's say a raffle would do the trick... the "raffle-mantainer" would have his reward and ALL the rest of "players" would clesrly see how things run & where and whu the PROFITS GO...

Finally... PLEASE, an official reply from Spondoolies-Tech on this *newbie's (w respect) thread about their hardware would be REALLY appreciated!   Smiley

Regards!
-akw-
bitmadrid (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 09:14:28 PM

@anykeywhy  
to be a senior user, you are a bit rude... (w respect)

[...]
No new news from Spondoolies until after HK conference (Guy Corem, CEO of Spondoolies said to me).

for the umpteenth time...if you want to discuss about the company you have other threads, this thread is ONLY FOR GROUP BUYERS
If you aren't interested please keep your opinions to yourself so we can keep this thread clean for people who are actually interested. Thanks.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:29:09 PM

@anykeywhy 

How is he being rude?

His point was spot on.

for the umpteenth time...if you want to discuss about the company you have other threads, this thread is ONLY FOR GROUP BUYERS

Again this is not a group buy even if you want to call it one.

Why won't spondoolies just offer $4400 on their website? What about everyone who paid $5100?
bitmadrid (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 09:56:44 PM

Bitcoin Forum > Bitcoin > Mining > Hardware > Group buys

Why won't spondoolies just offer $4400 on their website? What about everyone who paid $5100?
jimmothy I suppose because they do not waste time and money on getting customers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economies_of_scale
Anyway ask them [email, oficial web form, that other thread such as https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.0 ]

But I repeat, this thread is only for A GROUP BUY.
If someone believes there is a better product, you can buy it Smiley

If anyone thinks that SPTech should sell at another price, You can write and suggest it.

If anyone thinks that I will not make this group buy, he is roundly wrong Smiley

I do not try to convince anyone. If somebody have any questions about this buy group/purchase/deal, I will be happy to answer Smiley
anykeywhy

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:03:50 PM

@anykeywhy  

[...]
No new news from Spondoolies until after HK conference (Guy Corem, CEO of Spondoolies said to me).

If you aren't interested please keep your opinions to yourself so we can keep this thread clean for people who are actually interested. Thanks.

...I can't see any answer on the above (w too much respekt!) ... this + your Jr Member level are often and unfortunately sympthoms of "bad behaviors" ... with respect (but to ANY OTHER Forum members this time...)

Then, you can reserve 457885 units if you like to write random numbers...

P.S.:
I spoke w Guy 3 weeks ago (last time in person) so... WHAT are you trying to tell us with your "news"!?

Cheers!
-akw-
anykeywhy

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:10:30 PM

This thead seems a little bit strange...

@ROADSTRESS why you don't have this guy's "advantages", since you're running SP-Tech GBs from quite a long time??

Cheers!
-akw-
jimmothy

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:20:19 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2014, 10:52:27 PM by jimmothy

Bitcoin Forum > Bitcoin > Mining > Hardware > Group buys

Just because you made a thread in the group buy section doesn't make it a group buy.

Just call it what it is, a forum exclusive sale.

jimmothy I suppose because they do not waste time and money on getting customers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economies_of_scale
Anyway ask them [email, oficial web form, that other thread such as https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.0 ]

I am afraid you don't understand economies of scale. This is just an inconvenient way to order directly from spondoolies. There are no bulk savings involved with this because it is exactly the same as preordering from spondoolies website only a lower negotiated price.

This is just a clever marketing scheme.
bitmadrid (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 10:49:07 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2014, 11:25:43 PM by bitmadrid

@anykeywhy I think you do not understand because you do not want to understand...or that I have explained bad. I hope it's the second option  Roll Eyes Don't repeat and re-read firstly please.

I have a lot of patience, I'll explain all your doubts, but it is not necessary to repeat the messages Smiley

As far as I know, RoadStress units are shipped in August 2014 and are depleted.
For this reason, I have organized a new buying group for the units to delivery in September.

I spoke w Guy 3 weeks ago (last time in person) so... WHAT are you trying to tell us with your "news"!?
News about this group buy negotiation.

...I can't see any answer on the above (w too much respekt!) ... this + your Jr Member level are often and unfortunately sympthoms of "bad behaviors" ... with respect (but to ANY OTHER Forum members this time...)
you are right to distrust, I would do you the same. For this reason I want SPTech receive the funds directly.

Anyway, due to mistrust of some users, I will propose an independent escrow to SPTech, but they have had more and big orders than ours and have not problems. I did not want to explain this because SPTech not use escrow system so far and they may not want complications.

I prefer answer to you now that the arma dei carabinieri after Smiley

There are no bulk savings involved with this because it is exactly the same as preordering from spondoolies website only a lower negotiated price.
Group buy Price:  29 units
Web site Price: Undetermined <29

Many buyers can not afford website price or can not buy SP-30 at that price and prefer buy Antminer just for a lower difference in the price/color/flavour/whatever you want

Maybe it is. But my goal is only pay less for the same product. With that I am satisfied Smiley

I explain to you again with software licenses:
Do you really think Microsoft licenses are sold at the same price to a particular customer than a big company customer?  Cheesy

Bicknellski

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:35:09 AM

The SP30s are supposed to be quieter than the SP10s...  how much quieter I'm not sure.

Different fans and PSUs rated at lower dB I believe. That is the thinking. If you don't have a segregated space your wife is going to kill you having this thing ramped up in the living anyhow. Like the rest of the world Datacenter it.

Also any news on price being dropped again?

I will be in HK for the conference OP. It would be great to meet up if you are going.

thevinci

Activity: 47

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:09:07 AM

We take the risk with a group buy and are confirmed. I don't think it is fair to "raffle" it. When you do volume orders, they give a little discount. The website are for those that don't do the research, take the risk, and do the effort.
joeltang

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:15:59 AM

We take the risk with a group buy and are confirmed. I don't think it is fair to "raffle" it. When you do volume orders, they give a little discount. The website are for those that don't do the research, take the risk, and do the effort.
Yeah, like me who just bought one with 3 months hosting today.  Am I dumb(flames are welcome)?  I was going to buy another but if we have a group buy option I'm good for another.  Any danger of them selling out before we get our ducks in order?
jimmothy

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:21:23 AM

There are no bulk savings involved with this because it is exactly the same as preordering from spondoolies website only a lower negotiated price.
Group buy Price:  29 units
Web site Price: Undetermined <29

Many buyers can not afford website price or can not buy SP-30 at that price and prefer buy Antminer just for a lower difference in the price/color/flavour/whatever you want

Those bulk savings are nonexistant because each order is given directly to SP and shipped individually.

There would be bulk savings if you paid for 50 units, had them shipped all on a single pallet and distributed them to people near you.

Maybe it is. But my goal is only pay less for the same product. With that I am satisfied Smiley

I am glad you negotiated a lower price, but it would be much better if they would offer the same rates on the website (and to everyone who preordered september batch). I wonder how many people paid $5100 instead of $4400.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: