Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:02:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Spondoolies-Tech SP30 - Specs: 6TH/s + 0.46W/GH  (Read 28468 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:30:23 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2014, 08:13:41 AM by Bicknellski

My post lower down got buried again... any news on better prices now with 29 33 units reserved to date? Or is radio silence declared until after Hong Kong? And if anyone wants me to ask Guy anything including you Jimmy please PM me. I will do my best to get you answers as I will be at the panel with some of the major mining players in crypto Crypto Currency Mining: A 360 Industry Perspective in HK.  

-------------

Rant @ Jimmy with RESPECT.

Please note Jimmy I appreciate you and your tireless support of people in these forums especially trying hard to protect them from unscrupulous vendors. I may disagree with you on SPTech but I know you have integrity, you are ethical and truthful in this case I just think you are wrong.

You can see there is a price difference from this GB to the SPtech site.

If you want to order direct and have interest in 100 units I am sure you can get a better deal.

This group buy is clearly lowering the ticket price of the SP30s. You can check with SPtech themselves if you don't think that is the case.

What is the motivation to keep saying this is not a group buy?
What is the motivation to discredit this group buy?

Honestly, what is wrong with someone trying to organize the smaller orders into a larger collective order and working with SPTech to do so?

There is nothing in that which is evil or some how illegal or fraudulent. In fact it is a good thing if you want a unit or two and don't want to pay full sticker going it alone.

We get it Jimmy you want to expose the truth as you perceive it now how about those who are keen on getting more of discount from SPTech get to talk now?

The point of the thread and I don't think it is anything other than that is to pool resources and getting a group rate on miners. Should I now go to every other AM group buy thread or small fabricator and question everyone's motives for it and what Asicminer is doing to "gouge" customers? Is that the game we are playing?

Listen if you want to fight the good fight take a look at people who have ACTUALLY stolen coins and ripped people off. This GB whoever is pulling the strings is merely collectivizing the power of individual customers and after pooling it benefits appear for those people. We need more things like this not less. I really do not see your actions as consumer activism in fact when people are actually being stolen from a great many people simply turn a blind eye and that is what really bothers me much more than the perception you have this is a 'faux' GB. Who cares if SPtech gives you a coupon or asks a community member to beat the sales drum? You do that same exact thing in the open source AM threads right?

Again you are not really helping the consumer here get the best deal. You know and I know there are fabricators right now still selling pre-orders and most likely will screw some people out of their money and waste their time with a shell game. Oh sorry you ordered later than most so we have no more boards in that flavour... how about I ignore you for 3 weeks while I build the next new board and ship those... why are you upset with me? You didn't send us an email etc etc etc... you know and I know that sort of shit goes on and yet many people who are trashing more reputable fabricators say nothing about those sort of slime ball tactics.

Right now we see what? 600$ USD off already. I want more before I hop on this train especially for a September buy. I got a great deal that you even admit Jimmy was awesome from the last GB... so I don't get the grief? If you are trying to persuade people to buy AM product this is not the way to get them over to those threads.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:07:58 AM

This thead seems a little bit strange...

@ROADSTRESS why you don't have this guy's "advantages", since you're running SP-Tech GBs from quite a long time??

Cheers!
-akw-

What is the difference between me and OP? None I say. Except maybe that OP really wants a cheaper SP30 and he is doing everything that he can to get one.

@Bicknellski jimmothy is always trying to find something to cry about SP-Tech and I get it. He has nothing else to do while he waits for his non-existing AM dividends, but here it's just a stupid argument and it only shows how bad intended can he be. The argument is moot here, but it seems that this is the best argument that he can point out against SP-Tech, unlike AM gen3 chips where there are plenty of arguments against it Smiley

Mine on!

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:27:27 AM

You can see there is a price difference from this GB to the SPtech site.

Yes but the question is why? Normally group buys have cost savings associated with them. This doesn't.

If you want to order direct and have interest in 100 units I am sure you can get a better deal.

Of course because there are some cost savings. Shipping a pallet or two is much cheaper than 100 individual boxes. You shouldn't get an outrageous discount like 50% off for bulk buys since this is a preorder and it's not like they are trying to get rid of stock.

What is the motivation to discredit this group buy?

There is nothing in that which is evil or some how illegal or fraudulent. In fact it is a good thing if you want a unit or two and don't want to pay full sticker going it alone.

This is just a negotiated deal which is fine but should be offered to EVERYONE. If you are in September batch you should pay the same price regardless of if you were unlucky enough to preorder before prior to this deal or from the website.

It is just a bad marketing scheme to have a sale this way.

Honestly, what is wrong with someone trying to organize the smaller orders into a larger collective order and working with SPTech to do so?

What's the point? It's just an unnecessary/inconvenient extra step in the ordering process.

The point of the thread and I don't think it is anything other than that is to pool resources and getting a group rate on miners. Should I now go to every other AM group buy thread or small fabricator and question everyone's motives for it and what Asicminer is doing to "gouge" customers? Is that the game we are playing?

Yes you should if you think there is anything shady/unfair going on.

Listen if you want to fight the good fight take a look at people who have ACTUALLY stolen coins and ripped people off. This GB whoever is pulling the strings is merely collectivizing the power of individual customers and pooling it. We need more things like this not less. I really do not see your actions as consumer activism in fact when people are actually being stolen from a great many people simply turn a blind eye and that is what really bothers me much more than the perception you have this is a 'faux' GB. Who cares if SPtech gives you a coupon or asks a community member to beat the sales drum? You do that same exact thing in the open source AM threads right?

I happen to think it is a rip off to pay $600 extra because you already ordered from the website. Please let me know of anything in the open source AM thread that is even remotely unfair.

Right now we see what? 600$ USD off already. I want more before I hop on this train especially for a September buy. I got a great deal that you even admit Jimmy was awesome from the last GB... so I don't get the grief? If you are trying to persuade people to buy AM product this is not the way to get them over to those threads.

I only advocate buying in stock hardware. Preordering is gambling and to suggest otherwise is dishonest.

I think SP knew that the $5100 price for September was way too high but they chose to milk their customers for what they could get.
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:53:57 AM

Yes but the question is why? Normally group buys have cost savings associated with them. This doesn't.

Buying more units opposed to buying just a couple always gets you a lower price anywhere you shop. People will still have to pay for shipping probably so the discount will come only from buying more units. AM offers the same deal to customers who buy in bulk.

Of course because there are some cost savings. Shipping a pallet or two is much cheaper than 100 individual boxes. You shouldn't get an outrageous discount like 50% off for bulk buys since this is a preorder and it's not like they are trying to get rid of stock.

You know it better since AM is shipping big overweight spaghetti monsters.

jimmothy

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:57:51 AM

Buying more units opposed to buying just a couple always gets you a lower price anywhere you shop. People will still have to pay for shipping probably so the discount will come only from buying more units. AM offers the same deal to customers who buy in bulk.

That is true for in-stock items which can be restocked. Other than saving money on shipping, where are the savings from a bulk preorder?

If they sell 1000 individual machines vs 1000 to one guy via preorder where are the savings?

Bicknellski

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:01:35 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2014, 12:47:29 PM by Bicknellski

Who CARES what is fucking normal? You get a discount and no one is ripping you off like Technobit does or BFL right? That is the TRUTH. Admit it. Where has this person or any GB for SPTech stolen money? Or made the customer pay a higher price or not delivered or bait n switched orders? None. There is documented theft from many many fabricators here in bitcointalk but we want push back on this GB really? I question your motivation especially given people are getting a  lower price here in this GB. If we spread the word more people will save not less. And I dare say other individual order customers have complained in the past and were given "compensation". Try and do that with Technobit or BFL or others. Not going to happen.

Good thing. So what so everyone is trying to DUMP stock. Who gives a flying fuck how they discount their product really? Look at what CarnaryInTheMine and ASICminer were doing with the USBs miners last year? I didn't see you all over those threads? Not fucking once were you complaining then or since about that fucking collusion. Shit even a little competition from my first group the Big Picture and the K1's thread lowered their costs immediately. Please if you want to look at conspiracy why not go back over the millions that were gouged out then?

It is just a bad marketing scheme to have a sale this way.

Good we get your point of view can we now agree that there are some bigger fucking thieves out there and focus on their shit? If you have an issue with this sort of marketing email Spondoolies Tech about it and complain. Unlike Techonfuck and BigFatLiars SPTech cares what consumers think. I agree to an extent transparent behavior on sales like this would be better. But given the history of this forum and how people are still being manipulated and sold lies you want to go after these guys because you don't like the way they market?

What's the point? It's just an unnecessary/inconvenient extra step in the ordering process.

Have you ever thought that it might be an easier step for the SPTech to secure a larger number of orders together organized for free by a community member. So that they extend their sales team out and build more good will? It is necessary. Again no one gives a shit about Canary and his close ties? Right? Seriously please.

Yes you should if you think there is anything shady/unfair going on.

I did. Check out the K1 Nano and the Redfury and then see what happened to the USB miner prices. Clear example of how a very small collective of people changed the prices. Now the point is NOT what we did but what you are promoting here. I don't think I need to push against Canary's practices. He did what everyone in his position would do. Get the best price. There was no hate or threats etc. We post a price he posted a lower price. This sort of thing you are doing is not helping me get a lower price in fact you are making it harder for me to get a lower SP30 price with all this crap. Respectfully your campaign here is screwing with my ability to get answers from the OP cause every other fucking posts is your opinion on this fucking GB. Seriously give it a rest or make a thread like I did to complain openly and share your thoughts there. You are hijacking this thread needlessly and against the very idea of getting lower prices for people.

I happen to think it is a rip off to pay $600 extra because you already ordered from the website. Please let me know of anything in the open source AM thread that is even remotely unfair.

Agreed. Let us spread the GB word everywhere why are you trying discredit it? Again where were you when Asicminer was basically doing exact same thing last year?

I only advocate buying in stock hardware. Preordering is gambling and to suggest otherwise is dishonest.

Agreed but you have said that in every one of SPTech's threads but it is ok for Technobit to do this and you praise him? Fuck me that is the height of hypocrisy. We get it no pre-orders but even you admit I got a GOOD pre-order value for the last GB? Right? I mean who would rather order from at this point? SPTech or Technobit? Me easy choice.

I think SP knew that the $5100 price for September was way too high but they chose to milk their customers for what they could get.

Shouldn't they try and get that price? Should they not try and promote lower priced GB's?

Seriously you are pissing in the wind especially when you turn a fucking blind eye to people who are promising things that they will surely never deliver on and have done it before. I will be the first to eat my hat and rail against SpondooliesTech if they so much as screw a single customer. Have they? No.

This is all said with respect. Foul language is added to express my mood with regard to those who still fucking rip people off unmolested in these forums not at you personally Jimmy again I hold you in the greatest regard and simply disagree with your assessment of this GB given all of the other people out there still ripping off the community your talents would be better spent getting refunds and compensation for people who are still waiting.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:21:42 AM

AM did the same last year with their overpriced blades. They screwed their first customers very bad with their aggressive discounts on the future batches. People haven't forgot about their marketing with the so called "auction" for the blades. Move along!

jimmothy

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:22:13 AM

Who CARES what is fucking normal?

Because normal group buys had a real purpose which to cut down on costs. This is not the sales section is it?

Good thing. So what so everyone is trying to DUMP stock. Who gives a flying fuck how they discount their product really? Look at what CarnaryInTheMine and ASICminer were doing with the USBs miners last year? I didn't see you all over those threads? Not fucking once were you complaining then or since about that fucking collusion. Shit even a little competition from my first group the Big Picture and the K1's thread lowered their costs immediately. Please if you want to look at conspiracy why not go back over the millions that were gouged out then?

Did asicminer sell any promises and then lower the price on those promises before delivering?

Have you ever thought that it might be an easier step for the SPTech to secure a larger number of orders together organized for free by a community member. So that they extend their sales team out and build more good will? It is necessary. Again no one gives a shit about Canary and his close ties? Right? Seriously please.
Have you ever thought that that might be bullshit? There is obviously someone at spondoolies-tech who has to check every single order and payment. Exactly the same as if you would have ordered from the website.

What is the difference between checking their websites order book and checking this guys order book? It is not like this guy is sending them a single shipping address with a lump sum of money.

Agreed. Let us spread the GB word everywhere why are you trying discredit it? Again where were you when Asicminer was basically doing exact same thing last year?

Again did asicminer sell promises and then lower the price on those promises before delivering? I understand that the usbs were overpriced but that is the case for every usb miner in history. They are a novelty or an introduction to mining which is fine.

Agreed but you have said that in every one of SPTech's threads but it is ok for Technobit to do this and you praise him? Fuck me that is the height of hypocrisy. We get it no pre-orders but even you admit I got a GOOD pre-order value for the last GB? Right? I mean who would rather order from at this point? SPTech or Technobit? Me easy choice.

Does technobit sell preorders? I was not aware.

As for who I would rather order from I would actually say technobit solely because they have in stock hardware (afaik). I have seen working hardware from them but I have yet to see a working sp30. If spondoolies would sell in stock hardware then I would probably go with them but it all depends on the price.

Shouldn't they try and get that price? Should they not try and promote lower priced GB's?

Ofcourse you should try to get as low of a price as possible. I am just saying EVERYONE in september batch should pay that price (or be refunded the difference). It is not fair to pay $600 extra because you ordered from the website.

Seriously you pissing in the wind especially when you turn a fucking blind eye to people who are promising things that they will surely never deliver on and have done it before. I will be the first to eat my hat and rail against SpondooliesTech if they so much as screw a single customer. Have they? No.

Spondooliestech has also never sold/delivered hardware that they have not tested other than the SP30. KNC was great at preorders the first time around but look at what happened with neptunes.

If the SP30 really meets expectations then they should have absolutely no problem selling it from stock. But they would rather put the risk on the customers because they know they can get more for an sp30 today then in September.
Bicknellski

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:27:47 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2014, 12:40:19 PM by Bicknellski

As I asked before of the OP... 33 units pledged are we going to get more news or is it radio silence till after HK IB?

Edit: Yes you did OP... thanks for the clarification of the clarification. I am getting distracted with all the off topic crap. My bad not yours.

----------- OFF TOPIC SNIP HERE -----------

I am done playing Jimmy in this thread with you. You cut down my responses and failed to see the whole picture. You are looking at single GB when your focus has to be everything in the ecosystem. Honestly you need to take this stuff to another thread it is way off topic and deserves a FULL discussion in Hardware and it MUST include past instances of companies gouging the community and should also include a fair discussion over current habits of people on the cusp of dirty and unethical practices which may include this GB but most certainly should reflect the need to monitor people like Marto74 as well as other GBs here. All this talk you pushed here needs to moved and openly debated. I would love to debate anyone on business ethics and mining on the record. I want that discussion to be done in an open forum at say an INSIDE BITCOIN event. There are plenty of people that need to reflect on their past practices, the present practices and hopefully that improves the quality of business done. At this point pissing on this GB is the least effective way to get change. That I know I can argue successfully.

Enough with the pollution / dilution of the thread please.

We need a RALPH NADER for Bitcoin and we need a post in the hardware section that is there for all of these complaints so everyone can see what the lay of the land is... I want to question who are you trying to be Jimmy because you can't help the community at all limiting your focus this way? Seems to me you don't want to discuss what is plain to see that every company has a ghost and everyone needs to improve their game. Too many people are still being ripped off right now beyond this GB or SpondooliesTech even if I concede, which I am not, that your perspective is 100% correct you have to concede there are some bad practices in Technobit and Asicminer and others that you uphold as good brokers in the community. There are no angels in the bitcoin world Jimmy bar a few and very rarely found in miner fabricators as we all know. There are just human beings here many of whom are selfish. Some more than others. Open your eyes to the entire horizon not just where you think the sun has set you are missing a lot of details doing it that way.

buysolar

Activity: 125
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:29:49 AM

I'm interested in getting one or two if the discount is good enough.
lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:05:28 AM

Its always better to deal with the company directly and not some out of the blue Newbie Group sale person.
For this reason the company and in our case SP must make a reduce on the prices for all.
If a buyer does not have the specific date the excact btc he looses the GB and pays more 4 days later...
No also the money to go to the company wallet then the company willl pay the GB responsible person.
I have seen with my eyes SP10 so good manufactured but expensive and since we are not taking our miners out for a walk or the the restaurant all it matters is the mine constantly and be durable.
SP has excellent quality machines but this is not enought as the Chinese find a place the work.
Also the preorder situation I dont like it at all.
In the next 4 months we dont know if another incident like  mTGOX may happen or another unpredictable
situation so how to expect the same amount of btc in the given 4 months time,
I am tempted but totally against.
bitmadrid (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 11:05:57 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2014, 11:28:32 AM by bitmadrid

My post lower down got buried again... any news on better prices now with 29 33 units reserved to date? Or is radio silence declared until after Hong Kong? And if anyone wants me to ask Guy anything including you Jimmy please PM me.

Guy Corem and his team had informed me that they are focusing all their efforts on HK Conference at this time.

The subject of our purchasing group will be discussed below (when the HK Conferences was finish), with the intention of offering a better service and to reach an agreement on all the details of our deal.

surry Bicknellski, I thought I had clarified this issue in my previous post. My apologies Smiley

@lowbander80
I will repeat as many times as necessary, I am not trying to convince anyone whether SP30 is better or worse. : )

Simply I want to buy SP-30 Smiley and this thread is also for anyone who wants to buy SP-30 in the same order.

It's a win-win deal, it is a fact.
The rest is speculation and own opinion.

Sincerely and respectfully towards you, if I were CEO of any company, I would laugh if a single user tells me what should be the price of my products. If you do not like the price, simply do not buy it. I really like Ferrari cars, but can not afford one.

Do not misunderstand my comment, l'm trying to answer with the best intentions.

I mean that neither you nor anyone else can tell you what to do to a man who has put his money, his efforts and work to create a product with the best quality he could get and has been able to sell.

lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:00:48 PM

My comments all are with good intentions as well.
I have a shop too and sell electronics as well and when I see a material that it does not sell
even if its so good its because its expensive.
I once had an item that people came took photos and nobody ask my the price.
It was so well made that reflected the quality, as an item it was perfect made for its job intented
but as a product it was a failure as it did not sell.
With ferarris is different as there are many people in the gulf area that can buy them instantly
but with miners is different...
I want to buy a SP30 as well and if the price drops I will be tempted althought its lot of money
I wish all your good efforts come to a succesfull task and be able for all of us that commenting
to be able to buy one.
thanks for your time
LastRoby
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:19:43 PM

very interesting ..
I follow the post, I understand things:

Are you a new forum user, you can publish your agreement with spondoolise?
For the SP30 accept escrow payment?
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:36:12 PM

No they don't.

bitmadrid (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 09:28:15 PM

@lowbander80 thank you for being respectful with your comments.

very interesting ..

I'm not so new, I read for a few months and in November 2013 I finally I registered.
Sure, I'm going to publish the agreement when all aspects

I going to publish all aspects of the agreement when I was finish to negotiate with SPTech and we obtain a final price.

SPTech have not used it so far (RoadStress has confirmed), but I'm going to propose an escrow payment for all us. They can accept or decline the idea. I'm sure that if SPTech accepted may sell more units (some buyers of this group, have not confidence if no escrow).
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:51:42 PM

i'm happy to offer escrow at 0%fee; although any escrow decision should be mutually agreed between buyer and seller.

what i'm currently working on;

my Iceland P2Pool node is currently downloading the blockchain and should be ready Monday/Tuesday (I'm away this weekend).
my Israel P2Pool node will be compiled at some point next week, so those who have SP-Tech rigs hosted there will have the option to mine p2pool.

more nodes to follow in due course, meanwhile; see my sig for EU node.

^shameless 0% fee promotion  Tongue i'm an open book and all my personal info is there to see.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
LastRoby
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:59:35 AM

Hi, thanks for the replies.
questions:

@lowbander80 thank you for being respectful with your comments.

very interesting ..

I'm not so new, I read for a few months and in November 2013 I finally I registered.

Sure, I'm going to publish the agreement when all aspects

I going to publish all aspects of the agreement when I was finish to negotiate with SPTech and we obtain a final price.

aspect of the publication of the contract with spoondolies price..

howdo you manage shipments?
and customs fees?
these costs have a lot ..

We are buyers from all over the world .. with different conditions of shipping and customs ..

SPTech have not used it so far (RoadStress has confirmed), but I'm going to propose an escrow payment for all us. They can accept or decline the idea. I'm sure that if SPTech accepted may sell more units (some buyers of this group, have not confidence if no escrow).

I have not confidence if no escrow

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:59:38 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 07:58:58 AM by Biffa

If this is anything like Roadstress' group buy you pay Spondoolies directly, not the Op.

The only thing the OP took was a tiny reservation fee.

Interested in one if the prices is right.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:05:36 AM

@Und3rd0g thanks for your interest.
Could you be so kind as to repeat the same calculations for 6 units of ANTMiner S2 (1TH/s x 6 units = 6TH/s)?
2595$ per S2 unit x 6 units =15,570 $
After that you consumption multiplied by 2.5 times more (because one SP-3 is 2400W and six ANTMiner S2=6x1000W; 6000W/2400W=2.5 times)

I used a long time to find the best option Wink IMHO that's Spondoolies SP-30.

How do you get  a price  6 units S2 =15,570 $  ?

My this month S2 orders
Date: 2014-06-03  1959 USD

Date: 2014-06-05  1949 USD

Date: 2014-06-08  1929 USD

Date: 2014-06-15  1791 USD

Date: 2014-06-17  1721 USD

Date: 2014-06-19  1450 USD

6 x S2  Total : 10799  USD  not 15,570 $

Today, you can buy the last AntMiner S2 1TH/s Miner Batch 4  at the cost of 1450 USD

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: