Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:37:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Spondoolies-Tech SP30 - Specs: 6TH/s + 0.46W/GH  (Read 28474 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:38:28 PM

Is it August yet? I lay hands on the SP30 today at the SPTECH booth it was packed with looky loos and I got to feel the heft of the psu's. Seems there is plenty of interest from partipants for SP30s and beyond. Panel tomorrow will be a fun one. There is a lot of mutual respect among the panelists and I dare say there is also some sense that there are many benefits to more collaboration across the mining community particularly East West.

have fun mate, wish I was there to hear it all.

After I report back to my mates about all the meetings I've had I will certainly write something up regarding the opportunities available. Plenty of exciting aspects mining wise but also, pool, exchanges, cloud mining and even derivative trading. But after spending a few minutes at SPTech booth if you are a 1st time customer all the hype is true. These guys are building some of the best equipment by far... their chips are way out front as well only whatever Bitfury has in the pipeline can compete with what is coming out after the SP30.  I think mining come 2015 will be a fun time for all.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitmadrid (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 01:51:37 PM

@Bicknellski Thank you so much for letting us know about the impressions of Hong Kong : )
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 05:25:39 PM

Is it August yet? I lay hands on the SP30 today at the SPTECH booth it was packed with looky loos and I got to feel the heft of the psu's. Seems there is plenty of interest from partipants for SP30s and beyond. Panel tomorrow will be a fun one. There is a lot of mutual respect among the panelists and I dare say there is also some sense that there are many benefits to more collaboration across the mining community particularly East West.

After I report back to my mates about all the meetings I've had I will certainly write something up regarding the opportunities available. Plenty of exciting aspects mining wise but also, pool, exchanges, cloud mining and even derivative trading. But after spending a few minutes at SPTech booth if you are a 1st time customer all the hype is true. These guys are building some of the best equipment by far... their chips are way out front as well only whatever Bitfury has in the pipeline can compete with what is coming out after the SP30.  I think mining come 2015 will be a fun time for all.

What about the guy at home? See any options for him as in old school mining or is that all changing to Internet based contracts?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:10:56 PM

What about the guy at home? See any options for him as in old school mining or is that all changing to Internet based contracts?

Who says mining should be made by everyone? Like every other domain bitcoin mining has its players and people interested into this. It's like saying that laboratory stuff should be handled by the average Joe.

lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:32:14 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2014, 03:35:16 PM by lowbander80

Mining should be for everyone small miner hobbyst or proffecional level.
Its the only way bitcoin will be spread to the world.

otherwise the five-seven big companies mine & keep the BtC and we just sit and wait...to be mined
and why to spend my money for something else already premined, like gold!!!

guess what will happen if miners will not be sold to ever Jane and Joe.
There are a lot lot of people that want to enter mining to see what it like and if it works
I thought also before some months ago.
I purchased a USB miner and checked the bitcoin calculator
A week later checked the mined BTC and said Ok it works for me, lets go to buy another bigger miner
and the story goes on until now
guess this way works for many others too.
Ski72

Activity: 84

Kinex - The New Frontier

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:30:51 PM

Mining should be for everyone small miner hobbyst or proffecional level.
Its the only way bitcoin will be spread to the world.
otherwise the five-seven big companies mine keep the BtC and we just sit and wait...to be mined
and why to spend my money for something else already premined like gold!!!

guess what will happen if miners will not be sold to ever jane and joe.
There are a lot lot of people that want to enter mining to see what it like and if it works
I thought also before some months ago.
I purchased a USB miner and checked the bicoin calculator
A week later checked the mined BTC and said Ok it works for me lets go to buy another bigger miner
and the story goes on
guess this way works for many others too.

very well said ...

I fall into that category, and I've only grown. I'm now at 15Th/s

Please help support our disabled veterans - support the *DAV*
1P8CuGjdAbnxRQxyHqwxrEq8iTyD5UgAyi
As a 100% service connected disabled Navy Veteran, every bit helps! Wink
bitmadrid (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 02:23:53 AM

up  Smiley
DimensionsOfHell

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:08:50 AM

So.... anymore updates on this GB? I'm interested in 2 units for a price lower then $4400, given that that's around what they sold for Aug batch, and with the crazy diff jumps in the works now, that price should be lower for a Sept batch.

I would really like 3 for $4,000 a piece.
c2m

Activity: 80

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:32:34 AM

@bitmadrid
Thanks for organizing this GB!
I would be in for 1 if negotiated price is <4000usd, for 2 if it is around 3500+usd/sp30. Thou I do not believe we will get to those prices, because SPTech knows well they have not got much competition right now and have good quality, well manufactured miners and are so far the only company possibly delivering 6th in Aug/Sep in one neat box...

Anyway, thanks for hard negotiations with SPTech and let me wish you good luck!
MikeMike
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:24:17 AM

@bitmadrid
I would be in for 1 if negotiated price is <4000usd, for 2 if it is around 3500+usd/sp30. Thou I do not believe we will get to those prices, because SPTech knows well they have not got much competition right now and have good quality, well manufactured miners and are so far the only company possibly delivering 6th in Aug/Sep in one neat box...

IMO this Forum's Group Buy was the core that led to their success.
We should be given a fantastic break just like last time.

IF so we will purchase multiple units.

right now all these prices are way too high...

c2m

Activity: 80

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:03:48 PM

@bitmadrid

IMO this Forum's Group Buy was the core that led to their success.
We should be given a fantastic break just like last time.

IF so we will purchase multiple units.

right now all these prices are way too high...

+1 it would be great, if that would happen! Considering that we will be at or near the end of Sept delivery list with this GB, fair price would be around 3.5k usd/sp30...lets see Smiley
quattrobente

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:00:30 PM

I am also interested in probably 4 units if price would be better.

Also, can anyone respond to my thread in mining support.

bitmadrid (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 03:34:29 PM

So.... anymore updates on this GB?

Yes, of course Smiley

All those who are really interested in buying, should send me a PM which I respond to them with your unit order number. PM me with the followings please:
- Your nick;
- Number of units;
- Escrow system: Yes/Not/Don't mind.

The final price will be reported on next week.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:51:39 AM

Is it August yet? I lay hands on the SP30 today at the SPTECH booth it was packed with looky loos and I got to feel the heft of the psu's. Seems there is plenty of interest from partipants for SP30s and beyond. Panel tomorrow will be a fun one. There is a lot of mutual respect among the panelists and I dare say there is also some sense that there are many benefits to more collaboration across the mining community particularly East West.  Inside Bitcoin Day 1 here in HK has shown me that there is more opportunity in mining than just the ROI. We should be supporting a range of fabricators that work tirelessly to give us units. I am a happy Bitmain and SPTech customer and I'll be looking at Rocxie as well. Very deadicated teams.

pics....pics...(girls) er sorry distracted...pics of miners please etc

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Bicknellski

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:44:25 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 10:30:26 AM by Bicknellski

Is it August yet? I lay hands on the SP30 today at the SPTECH booth it was packed with looky loos and I got to feel the heft of the psu's. Seems there is plenty of interest from participants for SP30s and beyond. Panel tomorrow will be a fun one. There is a lot of mutual respect among the panelists and I dare say there is also some sense that there are many benefits to more collaboration across the mining community particularly East West.  Inside Bitcoin Day 1 here in HK has shown me that there is more opportunity in mining than just the ROI. We should be supporting a range of fabricators that work tirelessly to give us units. I am a happy Bitmain and SPTech customer and I'll be looking at Rocxie as well. Very dedicated teams.

pics....pics...(girls) er sorry distracted...pics of miners please etc

Searing

I didn't take a single picture at the conference.

The SP30 is well documented already on the SPTech page without chips in it yet. I did see videos SP10 boards in Novec vertical configuration bubbling away very beautifully not seen that video pop up anywhere yet.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
LastRoby
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:03:38 PM

news?
can you post the email with spondoolies?
Do you confirm this group buy that a user spondoolies forum?
We would like greater clarity before sending bitcoins ..
Thank you for what you do ..
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:11:54 PM

news?

be nice to see Spondoolies confirm this GB

and I wouldn't send any payment/money/BTC to anyone unless it's through Spondoolies Tech shop.
Bicknellski

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:06:06 PM

After speaking with RoadStress and Spondoolies Tech I am preparing a new buying group for SP-30 delivered in September 2014.

I'm still in talks with Spondoolies but I hope a price below 4.400 U$D Actual price for normal buy is $5,095.00 per unit.

The product:

SP30 - Yukon
http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/products/sp30-yukon-september-batch-1
Effective Hash Rate:   6 TH/s ± 10%
ASIC technology:      28 nm
Total of chips:          30 Rocker ASICs
Rated hash rate:      200 GH/s per chip
Nominal Power Consumption:   2500 W
Power Supply:            2 x 1200 W
Mining Software:      cgminer with custom plugin
Emissions Compliance:      FCC / CE
Safety Certification:          CE
Delivered by DHL (maybe some units with UPS).

Get more details about Spondoolies-Tech in this video:
http://vimeo.com/89415321

Note that local fees such as customs may apply and are not covered by Spondoolies-Tech or buying group.

116 units reserved to date.

I'm looking for the fallback mechanism with Spondoolies yet.

Expected time to start delivering:

If you're really interested in buying PM me with the followings:
- Your nick;
- Number of units;
- Escrow system: Yes/Not/Don't mind
- transaction ID; [WAIT please]
- your e-mail;  [WAIT  please]
- your preffered payment method(Bitcoins, Dollars or Euros); [WAIT please]

I am assigning a number to each requested unit to help to arrange delivery of SPTech.

The list of buyers is anonymous, it only knows by the Spondoolies team and I (will not be displayed on the forum, for privacy reasons).

The list will be forwarded to Spondoolies Tech so that you can arrange payment afterwards.

I going to update this post weekly. No news from our negotiation with Spondoolies until after Hong Kong conference - June 24-25 (Guy Corem, CEO of Spondoolies said to me).

Github repos are live!
All the Spondoolies software stack is fully open-sourced:
https://github.com/Spondoolies-Tech/cgminer

SPTech technical blog is live!
Includes ongoing updates and release notes for the new firmware versions:
http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/blogs/technical-blog

Believe it is all data goes to SPtech and sales are directly through them.

"The list will be forwarded to Spondoolies Tech so that you can arrange payment afterwards."  - bitmadrid

anykeywhy

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:22:04 PM

news?

and I wouldn't send any payment/money/BTC to anyone unless it's through Spondoolies Tech shop.

+1

Spondoolies should interact/confirm this thread as soon as possible, especially after about one month this is running...

Please, stop repeating what stated on OP as a mantra... since ANY news was added up , ALL the users are legit to ask for more consistent/trusteable infos, proofs or references... and maybe to not be considered as unable-to-read-a-few-simple-repeated-words... that would just be another simple form of "respect" and trasparency... shouldn't we all be "on the same boat"?  Wink

Thank you & Cheers!
-akw-
Bicknellski

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:19:43 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 02:34:44 PM by Bicknellski

news?

+1

Spondoolies should interact/confirm this thread as soon as possible, especially after about one month this is running...

Please, stop repeating what stated on OP as a mantra... since ANY news was added up , ALL the users are legit to ask for more consistent/trusteable infos, proofs or references... and maybe to not be considered as unable-to-read-a-few-simple-repeated-words... that would just be another simple form of "respect" and trasparency... shouldn't we all be "on the same boat"?  Wink

Thank you & Cheers!
-akw-

Not repeating the MANTRA... the information about how the GB is handled in the OP. As for checking with SPTech... For ASIC purchase please contact sales@spondoolies-tech.com.. Simple enough... because Spondoolies Tech has asked people to check with them on anything sales like in that manner as there have been a number of scams in the forums etc. I suggest people use that email to get clear confirmation and not expect a post to be the definitive answer. Email is much better. If you are giving information to this GB leader before you do that you are not doing yourself any service. If you are simply asking and not PUSHING people to go and check at the source via email or doing that on your own I wonder the motivation? I am interested in buying and I want to hear about prices. As for verification. Before I send anything I am going to check with SPTech before I send any information to anyone.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: