Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:09:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Spondoolies-Tech SP30 - Specs: 6TH/s + 0.46W/GH  (Read 28468 times)
psahx

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:41:12 PM

Kinda of an odd question...but the sp30 is 220v and has two power supplies....as long as I'm setting up outlets and use two surge protector strips?

or would I be better off running each power supply off a diff circuit (ie 2 sep 220v circuits) (ie probs with one 1/2 the sp30 will hash? does it even work that way?)

or just have one 220v plug...stick the ISOBAR 220v tripp lite surge bar on that and plug the 2 plugs off the sp30 into that all one 220v circuit

or hell either way works?

just wondering wtf got the wire and the distance an't so far as to do 2 individual 220v plugs to the miner

I'm in the USA by the by

Searing

If you are going to use on 110V, 20AMP will not be enough. These beasts are proven to provide as much as 1400W per PSU. 1200W is nominal for 6TH/s, as 1000W is for SP10's 1350 GH/s.

I assume you would be willing to overclock it, at least in the beginning, so consider having your wiring capable of handling some 2800-3000 watts. If it is 110V, you will need 30A, on 220V you are looking for 15A.

Both PSUs (Murata and Emerson) tested successfully at 1400W under 220V.
We will draw ~1350W from them to leave us some margins.

The final results will depend on system behavior of course. The above are estimations.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:22:30 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 10:33:19 PM by Tupsu

Explain...

How could you only make that much over a long time? I really can't see the diff and electricity cost overtaking the $ generated a day with 6th anytime soon? Even if the margins get slimmer and slimmer, you should still be making $ and after its paid off its all profit...

https://tradeblock.com/mining/a/01f9d26243

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=281279.80
spiceminer15

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:32:50 AM

I gear blah blah when I read those old articles
TheJuice

Activity: 841
Merit: 608

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:08:34 AM

Quite some time has gone by and I'm surprised that September SP30 is still at the same price. Tack on $300 for shipping and that will never break even. I thought as more time went by, the price would be lowered so they could sell more. I guess the newbs are really out in full force out there just buying everything up they can. I'd like to be there when the newb tries to plug it into his house and the breakers keep tripping and everyone is scratching their head.

The most you'll make with an SP30 is about $3040. That's about as much profit you'll be able to suck out of it. That's my opinion of course and hope everyone make more. And all that is over at least a 6 month to a 1 year period at least. And I guess if you buy multiple SP30's its all the same as if you bought once. Since ya gotta pay it all back first, then maybe a satoshi will slip in there couple years later?

You can buy 6 TH worth on S3s delivered in a week for ~$5000. I expect the sp30 will have a price drop once in production. Probably around the 3995 mark.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:09:53 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 08:21:58 AM by Searing

Kinda of an odd question...but the sp30 is 220v and has two power supplies....as long as I'm setting up outlets and use two surge protector strips?

or would I be better off running each power supply off a diff circuit (ie 2 sep 220v circuits) (ie probs with one 1/2 the sp30 will hash? does it even work that way?)

or just have one 220v plug...stick the ISOBAR 220v triplite surge bar on that and plug the 2 plugs off the sp30 into that all one 220v circuit

just wondeirng wtf got the wire and the distance an't so far as to do 2 individual 220v plugs to the miner

I'm in the USA by the by

Searing

You may as well co-locate that baby. It's really meant for racking up in a cabinet, unless you really have ample power and cooling. How are you going to keep it cool? Passive air or air conditioning? When you get it, send us some pictures!!!!

will likely use this (medium speed) for days under 90F and humidity is manageable...if like last year out of the 30 to 45 days I may need to cool (maybe 10 or 15 with a/c unit)  it was over 90F and high humidity might have to use the backup plan in another window a window 12k a/c unit my brother gave me but def will need some good air flow for majority of this time line.

so would use this (likely at med speed or i'd blow the bug screen off on my basement windows with screens) has a thermostat try to limp by on most days

https://www.acwholesalers.com/Broan-Bath-Fans/35316-Attic-Fan-Gable-Mounted-Powered-1600-CFM/31288.ac?gclid=CJKos93Lt78CFTRMMgodIFYA8A

and then likely something like this also might work if I really needed to push it

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/4246/17578.jpg

actually the above link may make more sense with the sp30 design

that and a real 'emergency' backup wall a/c unit 12k in another window in bsmt should be a fail safe .the a/c unit i could take that foiled coiled 16" a/c flexible ducting and put it in front of ac ..over the ceiling so the opening to such dropped straight down on the sp30 (hey if it kicks up eff enough and pays for this a/c being on so be it) but the a/c unit would only be a last ditch effort if it was like a ludicrously hot/humid day and I had no choice but last aug in this area we had between 10 to 15 days as such in aug/sept ...so best to be safe

right now hoping the fans above and such would be enough

but again my logic in all this is I get the Titan in Aug and the Sp30 in sept...so...Oct onward I should be in much better shape and if for example I can
get these units past and end of life (EOL) of say jan/feb...they heat the house should it be worth it to mine coin then?

or so my logic went

my price per kwh is 0.15c so co-locating coulda worked but with shipping of the sp30 and likely better rate for 6 months 100 buck setup costs etc

well if I pull off my way I'll save (remember the a/c unit is working and free should i need it for above) even with equip maybe as much as 1K vs data center costs
and whatever frigging 'heat' benifit to the house as an extra after oct

but yeah next year I can't see equip as an option anymore it will all be commercial at that point.....paying say fall of 2015 12k for a miner that can mine say 3 btc lifetime due
to difficulty increases / PH farms / etc.... well www.coinbase.com will look like a better option by far....so if any miners next year gonna be itty bitty cute beasties
go the coward route and hoard and buy...heh Smiley

anyway my take on stuff

(note: I am often wrong and refused to admit such)
Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:41:59 AM

Powering one of these in US residences will be tricky at best.  The optimal solution is if you've got a 240V / 30A circuit, which would supply 5760 watts continuously (80% of 7200), so you could drive 2 on that circuit.  Otherwise, you're going to have to get creative.  The typical household breaker is a 120V / 15A, which will give you 1440 watts continuous power (80% of 1800).

With the SP10, the firmware limits the PSU (but you can override it).  I'm wondering if the same will be available on the SP30.  Again, basing this on the SP10, the typical limit of the AC2DC is 1260 with DC2DC set to 62.  This might be different on the SP30 because of the different PSUs in the unit.  Anyway, what I'm getting to is that if you want to run this in a US home and do not have the 240V / 30A circuit, you're going to basically fully utilize 2 standard 120V / 15A breakers to power a single unit.

So, if you've got the space in your breaker box, your best bet would be to get in touch with an electrician and have a dedicated 240V / 30A breaker installed along with a NEMA l6-30 outlet, and then getting a decent PDU to plug your SP30 into.

but each power supply is separate 220v plug ...so I would need 2 220v breakers 1 for each plug that wold be 1250w so I should be good that way if I put one on each breaker ie 1 for each power supply 220v circuit that is

I could run I guess from what I've read both on 2 120v circuits but I have to run the lines anyway

to expand below (my convoluted logic)

here is an online calculator the below using BOTH of the power supply plugs to 1 220v circuit 20amp ..even that should work fine I get this

http://www.supercircuits.com/resources/tools/volts-watts-amps-converter

220v 2500 watts is   11.3636 amps

So a separate 220v 20amp circuit for EACH of the power supplies on the sp30 for one of the two according to the above calculator link I'd get this

220v 1250 watts  5.68181 amps

if I ran both on above calculator at 120v/20 amps I'd get the following

220v 1250 watts 10.4166 amps

so anyway looks to me I should just run both of the power supplies on an individual 220v breaker 20 amps probably using this on each of the lines to be safe

triplite isobar surge protector 220v from amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-ISOBAR4-220-Protector/dp/B00006HZ4N

and all should be well?

unless you really should run this beastie with both power supplies on the same circuit? I guess it looks pretty obvious above in that
I have the space on the breaker box and it is right next to this breaker box...not too much work

or am I missing something here as mr. obvious? ie is it still better to run the above on 1 220v circuit (both power supplies) even considering the other choices?
ie I'm over thinking this and all will work ok on a 20amp 220v breaker regular 220v plug/line again both power supplies same circuit

seems like 2 wire runs is better but again wtf to I know

Searing

or just have one 220v plug...stick the ISOBAR 220v tripp lite surge bar on that and plug the 2 plugs off the sp30 into that all one 220v circuit

just wondering wtf got the wire and the distance an't so far as to do 2 individual 220v plugs to the miner

I'm in the USA by the by

Searing

If you are going to use on 110V, 20AMP will not be enough. These beasts are proven to provide as much as 1400W per PSU. 1200W is nominal for 6TH/s, as 1000W is for SP10's 1350 GH/s.

I assume you would be willing to overclock it, at least in the beginning, so consider having your wiring capable of handling some 2800-3000 watts. If it is 110V, you will need 30A, on 220V you are looking for 15A.

Both PSUs (Murata and Emerson) tested successfully at 1400W under 220V.
We will draw ~1350W from them to leave us some margins.

The final results will depend on system behavior of course. The above are estimations.

ok just saw your post see my above posting ...again if you are correct then 2 220v 20amp circuits (one for each psu) should be adequate

again I could really be missing the boat here)

1400 watts each psu (each on its own line) at 20amps would be using this calculator

220v 20amp would be 6.36 amps per circuit (ie 2 of them)

anyway comments welcome thanks for the help ....corrections? I'm clueless?

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
bitmadrid (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 09:45:46 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 10:22:24 PM by bitmadrid

After contacting the website directly I got this message:
[...]
Gadi Glikberg
VP Marketing and Sales "

Well THAT makes me veeeery suspicious about this big group buy....

Dear Thomas (FlashySan),

What is the suspect if I told you TWICE that I do not want to be involved in payments?

The main reason for our discount is saving management costs for SPTech.

Please do not disturb to SPTech sales team if you're shopping at our group. If you do, they lose their time in a personnel reply to you. Please do not disturb or FUD this Group Buy.

If you want to buy directly SPTech, you're free to do.
If you want to buy in our buy group, as well.

I do not have to convince anyone of my honesty because I will not have access to money/BTC from anyone in this group buy.

I hope I have clarified your doubts ... for the third time.

Anyway, just in case:
bitmadrid, Jun 29 19:41

Dear team Spondoolies & Guy Corem

My name is *. I am * from *. I am the person who has been organizing
 a new buying group to buy for around 116 units of SP30 -  Yukon  6TH/s
 to delivery in September 2014.

[...]

Could you send me the following information please?

- A wallet of SPTech to receive the payments.
   - A bank account number of SPTech to receive the payments (in €/$)
   - Your PGP public key to send you the delivery details about the
   buyers.

If I can help you in something else, let me know please.

Thank you so much for your great products.

Best regards.

Gadi Glikberg, Jul 02 19:08

Hi *,

Thanks for contacting us.

[...]

Regards,

Gadi Glikberg
VP Marketing and Sales

bitmadrid (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 11:14:06 PM

Excuse me FlashySan Grin No problem
Just an honest deal and I do not want anyone to think that this is a fraud.

Volume discounts are a fact as you prove with your email from the sales team.

Gadi Glikberg said to me the same thing about 'group sales' in his first email (when we already had a superior order to 100 SP-30  Cheesy ).

I hope to agree on the final price asap with SPTech.

165 units of SP-30 are 891-990 TH/s I would not want to change supplier at the last minute  Roll Eyes

Und3rd0g

Activity: 231

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:25:20 AM

Quite some time has gone by and I'm surprised that September SP30 is still at the same price. Tack on $300 for shipping and that will never break even. I thought as more time went by, the price would be lowered so they could sell more. I guess the newbs are really out in full force out there just buying everything up they can. I'd like to be there when the newb tries to plug it into his house and the breakers keep tripping and everyone is scratching their head.

The most you'll make with an SP30 is about $3040. That's about as much profit you'll be able to suck out of it. That's my opinion of course and hope everyone make more. And all that is over at least a 6 month to a 1 year period at least. And I guess if you buy multiple SP30's its all the same as if you bought once. Since ya gotta pay it all back first, then maybe a satoshi will slip in there couple years later?

You can buy 6 TH worth on S3s delivered in a week for ~$5000. I expect the sp30 will have a price drop once in production. Probably around the 3995 mark.

$3,000 would be the sweet spot come delivery time.
c2m

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:44:41 AM

I hope to agree on the final price asap with SPTech.

Any news on the FINAL price per SP30 ? Thank you very much.
bitmadrid (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 11:05:00 PM

According to SPTech, I hope to set the final price on July 15 based on the difficulty of the moment.

I do not want to waiting more for processing our order to avoid delays in our units.
dulac97

Activity: 78

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:18:12 AM

According to SPTech, I hope to set the final price on July 15 based on the difficulty of the moment.

I do not want to waiting more for processing our order to avoid delays in our units.

Sweetness!!!
LastRoby
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:52:56 AM

waiting for the final price..
miningforge

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:57:59 AM

Problem is investing money now and getting return of investment when??? if losing 3 month ex:

1500X4=6000$ for 4 units 1A 1T miners today and start mining now by the time spoondoolies deliveres the money you get your money back and profit.

Bitcoin mining time is money

bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:29:10 PM

The 6TH sound great, but the hash rate in September using conservative difficulty increase will be no more that 2.5TH today!
But I must agree that the SP is one of the few really professional machines out there for larger scale deployment.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
bitmadrid (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 11:17:38 PM

UP!

Last hours to order in our Group Buy : )
psahx

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:21:24 PM

UP!

What do you mean, last hours? Do you expect us to order, without knowing the price?
BitchImightbe

Activity: 119

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:38:04 AM

UP!

Are you insane?
Specify price first.
rodeoclownicp

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:22:42 AM

i haven't posted yet but i just need to know what the deal is so update soon please
LastRoby
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:37:17 PM

tomorrow final price?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: